Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Techless wrote: »
    It would be a pity to see Aina leave. Seen him playing a few times partnering Christensen at CB and also playing FB. Looked a classy player though maybe a little on the small side for CB but great potential IMO.

Hes a fine player, I like Clarke-Salter too, the talent is there in the youths anyway but I can imagine Conte will want ready made players and maybe guys like RLC, Kenedy and Traore to help out too.

Conte, going on what we've seen and heard will play a player if he thinks hes good enough regardless of age so theres hope there for the youths.

Im surprised Conte didnt take Gigi Donnarumma to the Euros with him, he was very impressive in Series A after making his debut at 16 for Milan. Hes certainly the heir to Buffons throne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So the rumour of the day after his first good performance of the season Hazard is off to Madrid again but instead of money we are getting James and Morata in return.

Silly season is truly in full swing.

Mind you those two Kante and a decent CB would be very nice thank you very much.

So the rumour of the day after his first good performance of the season Hazard is off to Madrid again but instead of money we are getting James and Morata in return.

Silly season is truly in full swing.

Mind you those two Kante and a decent CB would be very nice thank you very much.

Nice, so Hazard is now worth about 80-90m again after a good performance?

I'll take that. :pac:

Sure we might as well go the whole hog and give Real Hazard, and take Varane and Morata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'd take James alone for him to be honest which maybe be a risk but will never happen in reality.

I've never been fully convinced he deserves the praise he has gotten and feel he's been overrated by the media since his entire time at chelsea. Blasphemy as a chelsea fan? maybe

Even at his best ever season with us he wasn't on Messi or ronaldos level which some alluded he was close to nor will he ever be in my opinion. If he does of course I would hope it's at chelsea but I don't see it.

The sceptic in me says he's putting in some good performances at the euros after such a poor season at club level to put himself back in the shop window for a move á la adebayor looking for a new contract.

All that said at this point in time unless we got a ridiculous offer I'd keep him in the hopes conte can get the best out of him through a new system or linking up with new players.

Looking back this reads as I don't like hazard :o . I do. I just want him to shoot and score alot more which He's capable of then he may become the world beater people describe him as.

I just want to have defences scared of us like the time when duff and robben were rampaging at peak form for us :pac:

Also on Costa, While I hope he doesn't leave I would bet he's going back to Atletico. As a replacement I'd hope we go for Morata over Pelle who could be a target with conte coming in.

Rumours of Costa being unsettled won't go away and I feel theres some truth to them. I wonder did the fact his old pal filipe luis going back there sway his decision.

I'd take James alone for him to be honest which maybe be a risk but will never happen in reality.

I've never been fully convinced he deserves the praise he has gotten and feel he's been overrated by the media since his entire time at chelsea. Blasphemy as a chelsea fan? maybe

Even at his best ever season with us he wasn't on Messi or ronaldos level which some alluded he was close to nor will he ever be in my opinion. If he does of course I would hope it's at chelsea but I don't see it.

The sceptic in me says he's putting in some good performances at the euros after such a poor season at club level to put himself back in the shop window for a move á la adebayor looking for a new contract.

All that said at this point in time unless we got a ridiculous offer I'd keep him in the hopes conte can get the best out of him through a new system or linking up with new players.

Looking back this reads as I don't like hazard :o . I do. I just want him to shoot and score alot more which He's capable of then he may become the world beater people describe him as.

I just want to have defences scared of us like the time when duff and robben were rampaging at peak form for us :pac:

I'd nevre swap Hazard or James, James isnt as good as Hazard, I'd only swap Hazard for Bale but thats not happening either. I'm a Hazard critic in regard to his ability to score more too but its not in his make up he knows that, hes said it himself that if an opportunity to shot or pass comes up, he usually passes.

Theres no player on the planet on Messi or Ronaldos level, the only ones that come close are Neymar, Suarez and Bale and apart from Suarez whos a CF, nobody will trouble either for goals scored, Hazard is very much a support player that might get you close to 20 goals a season and 15 assists.

I think people put him in the same bracket as those elite players in terms of his ability, not his goal scoring, as Messi and Ronaldo are just freaks of nature, a bad season for either of them is scoring about 40-50 goals which is sensational for pretty much any other player.

I'd also rate Hazard, at his peak with us as much better than either Duff or Robben, neither of those guys could do what Hazard can do and I'd imagine Hazard in a team like Barca, Real, Bayern or PSG, teams that are set up to beat and attack weaker teams in their domestic leagues by 4+ goals reguarly would get 30+ goals.

Ribery and Robben who, in their best season just beat or got close to 20 goals were being mentioned for Balon D'ors, Hazard, can easily keep that company, he wont win it but at his best, hes better than most.

So, unless an offer of close to world record figures come in, I wouldnt sell Hazard, he cant be replaced in the current market without spending every penny we'd get.

He also started scoring towards the end of the season, the goal against Liverpool in a dead rubber for both sides was a great goal and shows what hes capable of, an injury free and in the mood Hazard has no equal in the EPL.

Also on Costa, While I hope he doesn't leave I would bet he's going back to Atletico. As a replacement I'd hope we go for Morata over Pelle who could be a target with conte coming in.

Rumours of Costa being unsettled won't go away and I feel theres some truth to them. I wonder did the fact his old pal filipe luis going back there sway his decision.

I do think Costa will go though, unless Conte can convince him to stay and if he does, Costa will be a different beast, Conte is very like Costa on the touchline, volatile, passionate and a bit mad, if Conte can get him to stay we'll be getting the 20 goal costa back IMO.

yeah fair points on hazard. and do agree on James hes a 10 not a winger. I just wanted him since that goal for colombia in the world cup but prob wouldn't be the best move for us :pac:

But yes when you put it like that there aren't many players of his ilk HOWEVER I still think he's overrated even as a support player. but that's just my opinion.

yeah I'd love to have costa stay I guess time will tell when conte gets back from the euros to what happens.

Assuming we get this Michy chap we will be well served at CF providing we hold onto Costa. I do hope we can hold onto him as I really think he is a Conte type player and could really sparkle next season and is a proven PL goalscorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Assuming we get this Michy chap we will be well served at CF providing we hold onto Costa. I do hope we can hold onto him as I really think he is a Conte type player and could really sparkle next season and is a proven PL goalscorer.

Well served but still only really at the bare minimum compared to the other big guns imo. Assuming Remy goes and Pato goes back to the beach I wouldn't be surprised to see a small/cheap signing up front to be the #3 behind Costa&Batshoes, traore to follow up @ #4.

Either that or Haz moves forward maybe.

All assumes potentially 2 up top.

For a 4th CF we should just give it to one of the youngsters, like Abraham, he wont b invovled in many match day squads but as cover, the 4th choice should be someone from the U21s, IMO.

hots wrote: »
    Well served but still only really at the bare minimum compared to the other big guns imo. Assuming Remy goes and Pato goes back to the beach I wouldn't be surprised to see a small/cheap signing up front to be the #3 behind Costa&Batshoes, traore to follow up @ #4.

I was of course assuming Obi would act as cover CF, CB, full back, midfielder, winger, goalkeeper, orange peeler and program seller :D

I was of course assuming Obi would act as cover CF, CB, full back, midfielder, winger, goalkeeper, orange peeler and program seller :D

Hes never going to leave. :o

I was hoping that Hiddink would take him with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hots wrote: »

Pato is done with Chelsea I thought? He was on a loan with an option to buy, didn't see much reason to buy when he was here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Pato is done with Chelsea I thought? He was on a loan with an option to buy, didn't see much reason to buy when he was here

Said option expires today for Pato

duploelabs wrote: »
    Said option expires today for Pato

Good, don't need him at all

Diego Lopez coming in apparently as back up if Begovic is out the door.

We should just go after Buffon or Donnarumma :pac:

Chelsea confirmed that Pato, Falcao and Amelia have all been released/not signed.

Pedro has taken over the #11 shirt from Pato.

• Advertisement

10 years ago today we signed Mikel.

Hes stayed around longer than pretty much anyone. :o

Shame about Pedro getting the #11 is quite iconic for us really with Wise, Duffer and the Drog wearing that number.

Shame about Pedro getting the #11 is quite iconic for us really with Wise, Duffer and the Drog wearing that number.

We've got 7 and 9 up for grabs too.

What does Pogba prefer?

• GavRedKing wrote: »

What does Pogba prefer?

:P

GavRedKing wrote: »

What does Pogba prefer?

real madrid

• Advertisement

• peteeeed wrote: »

Why is he set to snub Man Utd?
    Amazing how every rag assumes Utd are in for pratically every single midfielder in world football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Kante would be an unbelievably good signing.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Amazing how every rag assumes Utd are in for pratically every single midfielder in world football

Good signing, cheap buy out, every big club linked, especially those with issues at CM.

I include us in that too but theres every chance he'll take the money and go to PSG although theyre apparently in for Krychowiak (sp), a player I'd love at Chelsea. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I see that on the training kits we have the sponsor of Carabao. Very heard of them before but is a Thailand energy drink.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    I see that on the training kits we have the sponsor of Carabao. Very heard of them before but is a Thailand energy drink.

and they look terrible

• Advertisement

Are they the neon green training tops? They do look fairly terrible alright. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Chelsea's Belgian contingent didn't fill me with confidence last night. Hazard doesn't have enough end product and Bale outshone him in the world class stakes. Lukaku is thankfully being priced out of our reach anyway.

A lot of people are blaming Wilmots, but maybe it has to to with the players themselves too. Lack of discipline? Only good going forward? Not the kind of players Conte will want.

Courtois will flourish with a better defence in front of him. But AFAIC, I'd be happy enough to see Hazard go for the right money. Even if we don't spend it right away. We just might be in the market for the top players after a season with Conte and UCL football for 17/18.

Well at least they're out now and our lot can get a rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hazard wont be sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Would be surprised if Arsenal were in for him. Delighted but surprised.

With Elneny and Xhaka just joining and Wilshire, Caz, Rambo and Coq at the club, I just can't see Wenger going again on another player for one of two positions.

#bringbackmata

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If we play 3-5-2, Mata wouldn't start for us and a footballer of his quality doesn't deserve to sit on the bench so unless we were offloading Cesc(!), it'd be pointless, much an all as we love the man!

If we play 3-5-2, Mata wouldn't start for us and a footballer of his quality doesn't deserve to sit on the bench so unless we were offloading Cesc(!), it'd be pointless, much an all as we love the man!

logic..

bah!

I miss Kalou

Been a while since we had a player who could play all attacking positions, be happy to sit on the bench, and get a dozen goals every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

At least Conte can start work sooner. I wouldn't mind if he could work some magic to bring De Sciglio with him. Seems like a solid defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It was fascinating to watch Conte at work with Italy. But the extra week at Chelsea should be a help. Looking forward to some snappy transfer dealings with the boss in situ, and not weeks of boring media speculation.

“Now I’ll take seven days off to charge my batteries and shift a bit of this disappointment before taking over at Chelsea. I know it will be a difficult challenge but it’s one I will cherish.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/conte-ready-for-exciting-adventure-at-chelsea-after-italy-exit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Michy Batshuayi has been officially announced.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer market when Conte starts, which he said would be next week.

If we play 1 striker Remy needs to go

If we play 2 strikers then we're set with Costa/Batshauyi/Traore/Remy as senior strikers

Now onto central midfield and central defense please

redman85 wrote: »
    Michy Batshuayi has been officially announced.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer market when Conte starts, which he said would be next week.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/batshuayi-signs.html

From the man himself, how to pronounce his name

https://twitter.com/mbatshuayi/status/749614765551550464

1st team players are due back in Cobham on Monday July 11th , that should be when Conte is officially there too.

Batshauyi looks talented but a bit rough around the edges, theres definitely a good player in there if he can make the step up a better league.

#bringbackmata

Apparently going to Everton for about 20 odd million. :o

• Advertisement

Looks like ye have a talented and passionate manger there in Conte, if ye get in a few signings it will make for a really interesting season.

Fabregas the new Pirlo? Not sure if ye have signed a cb but ye could prob use one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement