Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

In other more potential transfer news, we're meant to be after Ruben Neves of Porto. Only 19 and hes already captained them at 18 in the UCL, which is a competition record.

I imagine if he does go, it will be for about 25-30m and future fees, like Renato Sanches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So, we're apparently after Messi after his tax situation got a bit.....messy.

Big pile of WTF with the bus stopping at no chance road and onwards to BS rumour avenue. :pac:

his dad spotted on the ambramovich boat

peteeeed wrote: »
    his dad spotted on the ambramovich boat

Its more likely that his dad was looking for advice on ways to avoid paying taxes than he was in get his son a move. :o

If I can get to a bar in New York I wont miss our season opener, heres hoping I can convince the gF to go for beer and wings on our first night over. :pac:

If I can get to a bar in New York I wont miss our season opener, heres hoping I can convince the gF to go for beer and wings on our first night over. :pac:

it will be on in the afternoon over there, she can go shopping , job done

it will be on in the afternoon over there, she can go shopping , job done

I was hoping it would be a Saturday or Sunday and I could have watched it with the old fella. (Hammers fan)

Given we didnt win a game in pre-season last year I'm hoping we can win at least one and get some hype up for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very happy with that, he might not make it with us but had he moved to Arsenal he very well could have. Hopefully gets a top Championship loan and excels.

hots wrote: »
    Very happy with that, he might not make it with us but had he moved to Arsenal he very well could have. Hopefully gets a top Championship loan and excels.

I think he could make it but hes as likely to be a new JT as he is to be a new Bertrand, who ends up doing well on loan, getting some time with us and pushing on again once he leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

So, we're apparently after Messi after his tax situation got a bit.....messy.

Big pile of WTF with the bus stopping at no chance road and onwards to BS rumour avenue. :pac:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1402056/lionel-messi-to-chelsea-blues-to-join-manchester-city-in-race-for-barcelona-star-after-father-jorge-holds-talks-on-roman-abramovichs-yacht/

Funny stuff. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I think he could make it but hes as likely to be a new JT as he is to be a new Bertrand, who ends up doing well on loan, getting some time with us and pushing on again once he leaves.

Ha I would say 50% Bertrand, 49% John Harley, 1% JT :pac:

Johner wrote: »

So.......when are we signing Pogba, Messi, Varane?

Anyone else want to board Romans yacht thats currently in Cannes. :o

Looks like City are planning to go in again for Bonucci. I really hope they don't get him.

Looks like City are planning to go in again for Bonucci. I really hope they don't get him.

no worries

https://twitter.com/ChelsTransfer/status/750855969056362497

https://twitter.com/ChelsTransfer/status/750856338977292288

It looks unlikely that he or Juventus want to part company with one and other.

He is a brilliant CB though, would be the best in the league if he joins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

It looks unlikely that he or Juventus want to part company with one and other.

He is a brilliant CB though, would be the best in the league if he joins.

I'd agree that it's unlikely to happen but there are a few things that make it seem more than the usual silly season nonsense.

Juve have already signed a replacement CB in Mehdi Benatia and Bonucci's agent seems to be making it known that he's open to a move during the Euros. I can't remember many articles linking him away in previous seasons.

He's thrived under Conte at Juve and Italy and I'd imagine he was top of the list of targets Conte wanted to rebuild the Chelsea squad.

Either way, he's definitely better value for the fees mentioned than John Stones ever would be.

I'd agree that it's unlikely to happen but there are a few things that make it seem more than the usual silly season nonsense.

Juve have already signed a replacement CB in Mehdi Benatia and Bonucci's agent seems to be making it known that he's open to a move during the Euros. I can't remember many articles linking him away in previous seasons.

He's thrived under Conte at Juve and Italy and I'd imagine he was top of the list of targets Conte wanted to rebuild the Chelsea squad.

Either way, he's definitely better value for the fees mentioned than John Stones ever would be.

I just assumed that Benatia would replace Barzagli whos about 35. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

I just assumed that Benatia would replace Barzagli whos about 35. :o

It could be part of it but Allegri generally prefers a back four so Barzagli was depth more than anything. I'd imagine Benatia would be looking to be starting at this stage in his career. He's more of a ball-playing CB than Barzagli also.

Bonucci leaving is probably a pipe-dream anyway though. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So when does Conte start ?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

His contracts says the day after the euros final, but I'd say he's already doing stuff atm

• Advertisement

1st team players that werent granted extended leave start back on Monday coming which is when Conte is expected to be at Cobham.

The loan players and youths are back at Cobham at the moment training, a small % might make the 1st team but most will be loaned/sold this summer I'd guess.

So this guy Griezmann, yay or nay? :o :pac:

We are getting Messi instead. :pac:

We are getting Messi instead. :pac:

Why not both?

If Roman sells the yacht....or gives it to Messi we're sorted.

Throw in Pogba and Varane too and a stadium build and we're sorted. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Nay just not good enough ...... Should be going after giroud

Nay just not good enough ...... Should be going after giroud

the snail man of france

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

the snail man of france

But he's impeccably groomed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Griezmann is another level player. He was the big player at Real Sociedad, took a while to get going but now he's the big player at Atleti and he's doing the biz for France. Would love to have him at Chelsea but don't see it happening.

I reckon €60m would be the starting point.

duploelabs wrote: »
    But he's impeccably groomed

Looks like Rylan Clark, cant be having that upfront, plus I've seen milk turn faster than Giroud.

Griezmann is another level player. He was the big player at Real Sociedad, took a while to get going but now he's the big player at Atleti and he's doing the biz for France. Would love to have him at Chelsea but don't see it happening.

I reckon €60m would be the starting point.

His buy out is meant to be something like €80m, last season or the one before it, it was closer to €45m.

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    His buy out is meant to be something like €80m, last season or the one before it, it was closer to €45m.

I thought he signed a contract extension?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I thought he signed a contract extension?

O thought the contract he signed recently upped the buy out clause?

Not that it matters, I cant see him leaving Madrid anyway. Theres not many bigger clubs and I cant see him going to either of Spains top sides which narrows his potential destinations to 3 clubs in England, 1 in Germany and 1 in France (money being relative of course).

Given how well Atleti and Simeone have done in his time there, he'd be mad to leave.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    O thought the contract he signed recently upped the buy out clause?

Not that it matters, I cant see him leaving Madrid anyway. Theres not many bigger clubs and I cant see him going to either of Spains top sides which narrows his potential destinations to 3 clubs in England, 1 in Germany and 1 in France (money being relative of course).

Given how well Atleti and Simeone have done in his time there, he'd be mad to leave.

Yep, I have had this debate before. Some reason certain people don't see Atleti as a big club when in fact they are one of the best club teams in world football.
    Fact that he's now the main man speaks volumes

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yep, I have had this debate before. Some reason certain people don't see Atleti as a big club when in fact they are one of the best club teams in world football.
    Fact that he's now the main man speaks volumes

I'd have them above any of the English teams and probably 3rd or 4th best in Europe, behind Bayern, Real and Barca.

Looks like Rylan Clark, cant be having that upfront, plus I've seen milk turn faster than Giroud.

who does he play for?

who does he play for?

Big Brother and X Factor. :o

Juve in for Sanchez for £30m mosut be the biggest lol of the transfer window. :pac:

We should offer Arsenal £50m, sell Juve Cuadrado for £25m and sell Willian to whatever Russian/Ukriane/Chinese team that will take him, instant upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Have we frickin signed anyone?!

Panthro wrote: »

Anyone????? Anyone?????

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »

A new goalkeeping coach apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A new goalkeeping coach apparently

Surprised it hasn't make the back pages instead of Pogba to United myself

Maybe with Conte going full time this week we can start to see come action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Good old Ricky Carvalho picking up a medal tonight :)

Killinator wrote: »
    Good old Ricky Carvalho picking up a medal tonight :)

And Quaresma. :pac:

Better side lost, happens a lot in those type of games but if you cant take one of your many, many, many chances in 120mins you deserve nothing.

Just look at Bayern in 2012, they were robbed of that final but they kept missing chance after chance.

Fair f**ks to Portugal, they were average all tournament really and Iceland getting the last minute winner that pushed them to 2nd and Portugal to 3rd in the group gave Portugal the easier side of the draw. Another other year gone they would have went home in the group stage and it would have been a joke of a performance but here they are a few weeks later as champions.

In non Euro 2016 news

Carlo is coming back to work with Chelsea

https://twitter.com/Capitancarloc/status/752225382888271872

• Advertisement

Contes regin of terr......ific management begins today. Hopefully we get an interview, probably get a press conference tomorrow or during the week. We've a pre-season game in Austria on Saturday.

Our best away kit for sometime was the yellow and blue one from the title winning season in 2014/15, IMO.

Simple yet elegant, the grey/black/neon yellow thing we see here looks ugly as hell.

Our best away kit for sometime was the yellow and blue one from the title winning season in 2014/15, IMO.

Simple yet elegant, the grey/black/neon yellow thing we see here looks ugly as hell.

€70 ????

€70 ????

I'd be getting mine from China if I was getting one. The last "real" jersey I bought was the 2013/14 one. I wouldnt be bothered anymore as I mainly use it for 6 a side anyway and it cost a fraction of the price.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement