Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well hes flexible in that he can play across the back four but he should be fighting azp for starting RB and Ivan should be thrown on the scrap heap IMO.

It depends on who or if we get a CB, id prefer to keep aina and loan/sell hector and papy d.

Wouldn't even get scrap value for Ivan

He's rusted through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well hes flexible in that he can play across the back four but he should be fighting azp for starting RB and Ivan should be thrown on the scrap heap IMO.

It depends on who or if we get a CB, id prefer to keep aina and loan/sell hector and papy d.

We really need to sign a rb. Azpi is better as a lb and lightyears ahead of Baba. New, Azpi, Baba, Aina, Ivan (5th fb and 4th cb cover) would be ideal.

hots wrote: »
    We really need to sign a rb. Azpi is better as a lb and lightyears ahead of Baba. New, Azpi, Baba, Aina, Ivan (5th fb and 4th cb cover) would be ideal.

As a pure defender Azp is probably best at LB, him being right footed keeps most wingers on the outside further away from danger

But as a modern full back who can both defend and attack, be an outlet on the right hand side, he needs to be at RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As a pure defender Azp is probably best at LB, him being right footed keeps most wingers on the outside further away from danger

But as a modern full back who can both defend and attack, be an outlet on the right hand side, he needs to be at RB

Ya Azp needs to be RB. Rahman has to be given the LB slot coz Kenedy is wasted there.

The ideal back 8 for next year for me would be

Azp, aina, ivan, cahill, Jt, zouma, mizaga, rahman

A new CB to replace mizaga if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

By the sounds of it I didn't miss much. I know it's only pre season but that line up that started today is depressing, so much deadwood in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sick :o

I try avoid betting on pre season games, in reality if this game is played a month down the line it woud be a riot. Valencia beat them 10-0 in the Europa League.

Still though, not a nice result for the acca.

That's why I had them in. A Gary Neville VALENCIA none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What formation did we play?

Conte also provided some news on Juan Cuadrado, who spent last season on loan at Juventus.

‘Juan Cuadrado is a Chelsea player,’ he said. ‘He will come back very soon. He’s in our squad, I’m very happy to have him and train him. I wanted him when I was a coach at Juventus and he will come back very soon and train and play with us. Now, he’s a Chelsea player and he’ll stay with us. If something changes you’ll know.’

Lukker- wrote: »
    What formation did we play?

started as a 4231 but with the winger being deep and rlc sitting high (almost 442). By the end it was less defined after the subs.

Johner wrote: »
    Conte also provided some news on Juan Cuadrado, who spent last season on loan at Juventus.

‘Juan Cuadrado is a Chelsea player,’ he said. ‘He will come back very soon. He’s in our squad, I’m very happy to have him and train him. I wanted him when I was a coach at Juventus and he will come back very soon and train and play with us. Now, he’s a Chelsea player and he’ll stay with us. If something changes you’ll know.’

Will be very interesting to see what he can do so. Conte knows him as a player so he must think he's good enough.

• Advertisement

By the sounds of it I didn't miss much. I know it's only pre season but that line up that started today is depressing, so much deadwood in the squad.

The better players are yet to come back anyway and after only 5 days training it was to be expected that it was going to be a run around more than a good display IMO.

Wait util we play our 3rd or 4th pre-season game and we should have a better idea of how he wants to setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

13626470_1122673681109447_5959086148158805446_n.jpg?oh=e4dc9c2d1017663cc4f215dad78bc958&oe=5828AFBC&__gda__=1478555828_e26d633492d9a68180144e5f2eb40630

I saw this photo earlier, is it real or a set-up (someone thought it was a smear attempt by Rapid fans) do you think? The skulls are an SS nazi symbol and the flag on the left is a version of a nazi war flag

link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Interesting stuff alright.
    While some people would tell you to just Let It Go, I reckon if anyone has any insights they should just Give it Away, Give it Away...Now!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Panthro wrote: »
    Interesting stuff alright.
    While some people would tell you to just Let It Go, I reckon if anyone has any insights they should just Give it Away, Give it Away...Now!

Rage burns can't push it aside now
    Can't forgive this grudge is alive now
    All the rage eats you up inside
    Can you leave it behind
    What a surprise --
    You're ****ed with again Yeah
    It's a way of life you need to get over
    All the rage just eats you alive
    Can you leave it behind
    I don't know where it'll end
    The sun has set
    And I can't be friends
    I don't know if I can forgive
    The day is long
    But you were so dead wrong.

Sitting on the bed..or lying wide awake
    There's demons in my head..And it's more than I can take
    I think I'm on a roll..But I think it's kinda weak
    Saying all I know is
    I gotta get away from me

Ain't that the truth.

Hitler was Austrian....we did just play there.

Just saying.

Just saying.

Not sure what you are saying to be honest

Just saying.

Don't speak. I know just what you're saying
    So please stop explaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

There's someone in my head, but it's not me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

There's someone in my head, but it's not me
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Wait, wait can you hear me now?[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Cause I, [/font][font=Whitney, sans-serif]I have got a lousy connection[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]I promise my undying affection[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Can you hear me now?[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Wait, wait can you [/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Wait can you hear me now?[/font]

We're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I don't know if it's a smear campaign or not but every club has a percentage of asshole fans, I have noticed an increased amount of headhunter flags at the west side of the Matthew Harding lower on my last couple of games which I don't particularly welcome but I'm pretty sure they don't particularly welcome the increased number of "football tourist" in the shed upper either!
    I'm not going to try to defend the honour of the club by denying these àssholes exist but I'm similarly not going to get to upset at people using them to try to drag out club into disrepute. I just hope if it were fans the club do everything to ensure they cannot get into Stamford bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

We're racist, we're racist, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it

Am I doing it right?

No

[font=Whitney, sans-serif]Wait, wait can you hear me now?[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Cause I, [/font][font=Whitney, sans-serif]I have got a lousy connection[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]I promise my undying affection[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Can you hear me now?[/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Wait, wait can you [/font]
    [font=Whitney, sans-serif]Wait can you hear me now?[/font]

Yes indeed

The way you made them suffer
    Your exquisite wife and mother
    Fills me with an urge to defecate

• Advertisement

Next game in 3 days. Batman is travelling to Austria.

Zoumas with the squad despite being injured.

Hopefully have the squad training in the coming days.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a smear campaign or not but every club has a percentage of asshole fans, I have noticed an increased amount of headhunter flags at the west side of the Matthew Harding lower on my last couple of games which I don't particularly welcome but I'm pretty sure they don't particularly welcome the increased number of "football tourist" in the shed upper either!
    I'm not going to try to defend the honour of the club by denying these àssholes exist but I'm similarly not going to get to upset at people using them to try to drag out club into disrepute. I just hope if it were fans the club do everything to ensure they cannot get into Stamford bridge.
    Thanks for the response Kev, I was just wondering cause in the link where the pic was someone said the headhunters where disbanded a few years ago and that this was a smear by the Rapid ass hole fan section, who are pretty prominent. I didn't see the story mentioned anywhere else and since the location is right in the middle of the city centre I reckon the police would have been involved if it was real, so I am leaning towards it being a set up

Next game in 3 days. Batman is travelling to Austria.

Zoumas with the squad despite being injured.

Hopefully have the squad training in the coming days.

Still really can't understand why MvG not there

Still really can't understand why MvG not there

Probably a loan is on the cards.

For a change. :o

With Kante coming in and Mikel and Matic likely to be going nowhere, poor MVG wont get a shot...EVER.

Its like Romeu, who was doing well and suffered a similar, bad injury for about 6-9 months and couldnt get back into the team.

Linked with Mahrez now, wouldn't say no. :p

• Advertisement

Next game in 3 days. Batman is travelling to Austria

Anytime I see that nickname, I don't think of Batshuayi

I think of Mateja Kezman

There was a time we had Batman and Robben playing with us

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Tickets bought for the Burnley game.

Looking forward to seeing Kante...think he will be a great addition and bring more energy and hunger to the midfield that was seriously missing last year.

Also, hoping to see a rejuvenated Hazard............

Linked with Mahrez now, wouldn't say no. :p

I was skeptical of Kante and will remain so until I see him in a side that play differently than Chelsea, remember, he was dropped for France in the Euros.

I'm very skeptical of Mahrez and think it would be money wasted.

Just saw the footage of Demba Ba breaking his leg horrific to say the least, seems like the end of his career also.

Don't think he really got the rub of the green here but scored at least two special goals for us, best of luck to him.

Well if he wants to go good riddance. Though should have a replacement lined up first and >ST£75m

Well if he wants to go good riddance. Though should have a replacement lined up first and >ST£75m

Who'd replace Costa though?

Just saw the footage of Demba Ba breaking his leg horrific to say the least, seems like the end of his career also.

Don't think he really got the rub of the green here but scored at least two special goals for us, best of luck to him.

PSG and Anfield are big stand out moments, scored a good goal vs Swansea too in a dour 1-0 game.

The leg injury was seriously bad, be lucky to come back from that alright, shame.

duploelabs wrote: »

Griezmann. ;)

Griezmann. ;)

Realistically

• Advertisement

Realistically

In football, especially with the money around the top clubs, nothing is unrealistic.

If Atletico want him back I hope Chelsea take them to the cleaners.

We'll probably sell him for about 40m and buy someone like Morata or Lukaku for close to 60m.

Well where's there's one opinions, there's another https://twitter.com/sjstandardsport/status/754985533730848768

Good question as there are not that many stand out strikers out there. I do think Atletico need a new striker and you get the feeling they are trying to get Costa on the cheap. They are worse off for strikers than us and God knows we ain't great but we should be looking North of ST£75m if Lukaku is being mentioned in that region.
    Going into the new season with no experienced PL strikers is far from ideal but if he does not want to tog out we saw last season what a disinterested Costa is like.

Higuaín to Juve is supposed to be a done deal but a decent striker is he
    Seen as Ibra has left PSG can't see them selling Cavani in a hurry
    Icardi from Inter could well be worth a punt
    Not sure about Morata but again could be worth a punt

There are no cheap or cert alternatives for sure.

Well where's there's one opinions, there's another https://twitter.com/sjstandardsport/status/754985533730848768

Could well be just Atletico flying kites they are paper thin up front.

I definitely wouldn't want to see Costa go (and without a quote / reason I don't believe he will), but he's not irreplaceable in terms of quality. As other have said it's the supply out there that would be more of a concern. Loads of 9/10s like griezeman but the type that can lead the line aren't as common any more at the high levels. If he were to go I'd say that'd have us ramping up the interest in Morata anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That AS report about Costa leaving was around 3 or 4 days ago. English press picking up on it now is lazy journalism. I'd believe the Evening Standard over it, he's staying.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd be sorry to see Costa go but agree that he is not irreplaceable. Far from it.

Anyone seen Marc Janko recently? :p

We missed out on Pelle, he waa the one that got away. :o

Apparently, along with the usual other European heavy hitters, we are in for Gabigol according to WAGNH: http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2016/7/18/12211340/chelsea-barcelona-and-juventus-target-gabigol-hints-at-santos-exit

Never heard of him but he is one of the next Neymars and that means if we sign him, we will get a transfer ban but in our case, it will actually apply. :pac:

• Advertisement

Apparently, along with the usual other European heavy hitters, we are in for Gabigol according to WAGNH: http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2016/7/18/12211340/chelsea-barcelona-and-juventus-target-gabigol-hints-at-santos-exit

Never heard of him but he is one of the next Neymars and that means if we sign him, we will get a transfer ban but in our case, it will actually apply. :pac:

All I know is, he becomes sensational in Football Manager.

We missed out on Neymar after chasing him for about 12months or more so, if we can get Barbosa, it would be a real coup, I doubt we will though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement