Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Coaching staff for the year

Cn-4YlhWYAAisga.jpg:large

Christopher Lollichon isnt around so looks to have been sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Coaching staff for the year

Cn-4YlhWYAAisga.jpg:large

Christopher Lollichon isnt around so looks to have been sacked.

Love the matching white kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Do you think Baba might get more gametime this season? What had think of him in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Do you think Baba might get more gametime this season? What had think of him in general?

AFAIK Conte has a working brain. Therefore you'd have to assume he's going to go old yeller on Ivanovic

Opening up RB for Azp, and LB for Baba

Rumours going around that Conte has demanded to Roman, Emanelo and co that we need 4 more signings. I do not disagree.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Rumours going around that Conte has demanded to Roman, Emanelo and co that we need 4 more signings. I do not disagree.

We need another GK, if Bego leaves, another CF if Costa and or Remy leave, another CB as we've alot of terrible CBs...maybe another CM?

We need another GK, if Bego leaves, another CF if Costa and or Remy leave, another CB as we've alot of terrible CBs...maybe another CM?

If Conte insists with two up top we need another striker. Remy and Traore won't do as backups, especially with Remy's injury problems.

Good too see Conte thinks highly of RLC too. If we came out and signed Bonucci or Barzalghi it would lay to rest some of my major concerns about this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

TimRiggins wrote: »
    If Conte insists with two up top we need another striker. Remy and Traore won't do as backups, especially with Remy's injury problems.

Good too see Conte thinks highly of RLC too. If we came out and signed Bonucci or Barzalghi it would lay to rest some of my major concerns about this season.

Barzagli is a bit on the old side, can't see us getting Bonucci. We do need a top class CB though, I'd go for Manolas.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Barzagli is a bit on the old side, can't see us getting Bonucci. We do need a top class CB though, I'd go for Manolas.

Bonucci would def be the first choice. World class defender. We're being linked with De Vrij today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Looking at players for the fantasy team. Do ye think Terry will start? I've seen that he's still captain next season but will he actually be on the pitch or have a reduced role to play?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Bonucci for me is the best cb in the world

To get him would be amazing for Chelsea

Do you think Conte will stick with a 352 formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kobe248 wrote: »
    Bonucci for me is the best cb in the world

To get him would be amazing for Chelsea

Do you think Conte will stick with a 352 formation

Its been 4-2-4 in pre season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looking at players for the fantasy team. Do ye think Terry will start? I've seen that he's still captain next season but will he actually be on the pitch or have a reduced role to play?

He's not a ff pick anyway, I can't see him lasting the rigours of the season and will be rotated heavily once Zouma is fit. Might be a risky-punt-pick until then though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

hots wrote: »
    He's not a ff pick anyway, I can't see him lasting the rigours of the season and will be rotated heavily once Zouma is fit. Might be a risky-punt-pick until then though.

Yeah I was thinking of him for the 1st months or so. I usually wildcard around the middle of September as there inevitably is players playing well you didn't expect and new transfers. I was thinking along the lines of Conte making Chelsea stronger defensively so he could have a few clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

saw a rumour on twitter that someone spotted adidas had mahrez 7 chelsea shirts for sale before getting taken down.

What ye reckon I'd say it's made up.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/have-adidas-just-revealed-chelsea-have-hijacked-arsenals-deal-for-leicester-city-ace-riyad-mahrez-6025555/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah bull**** more than likely.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah bull**** more than likely.

ya its mad how anyone on twitter can start a rumor and it gets picked up quickly. his twitter feed now claims odds have been slashed on the move. Loads of people going mad posting their next season line ups with mahrez in the team.

That said I'd love if he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

JT26 wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit more hopeful about this year?

With some good additions in a few area's we can certainly challenge for the title but I don't think our current squad is good enough. Hope we get some business done in the next two weeks.

JT26 wrote: »
    He simply messed with chrome and did an element change

ha. was thinking something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

JT26 wrote:
    Anyone else a bit more hopeful about this year?

Yeah Conte looks like a serious operator and a lot of players have reputations to salvage, cos if it goes pear shaped again, some of them boys will never play with a top club again I'd guess

Theres no way its going to be as bad as last year, I'd be willing to bet on that.

Top 6 would be good, top 4 would be brilliant, anything higher is amazing and winning the title would be pretty much unthinkable at the moment.

top 4 for me and a decent lash at the cups QFs or so and I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd say cl qualification is the minimum for conte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Squad for the US tour, seems like the lesser spotted Papy and MvG have no future with us may as well cut them loose. We will regret letting MvG go methinks.

GOALKEEPERS: Thibaut Courtois, Asmir Begović, Jamal Blackman, Nathan Baxter

DEFENDERS: John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, César Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Baba Rahman, Ola Aina, Matt Miazga, Michael Hector, Fikayo Tomori

MIDFIELDERS: Nemanja Matić, Cesc Fàbregas, Oscar, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathaniel Chalobah

ATTACKERS: Eden Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Diego Costa, Loïc Rémy, Michy Batshuayi, Bertrand Traoré, Kenedy, Victor Moses, Juan Cuadrado, Tammy Abraham

As for next season at least a very strong challenge for the title and top 4 anything else is failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A few names in there I dont recognise at all to be honest.

Squad for the US tour, seems like the lesser spotted Papy and MvG have no future with us may as well cut them loose. We will regret letting MvG go methinks.

DEFENDERS: John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, César Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Baba Rahman, Ola Aina, Matt Miazga, Michael Hector, Fikayo Tomori

MIDFIELDERS: Nemanja Matić, Cesc Fàbregas, Oscar, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathaniel Chalobah

ATTACKERS: Eden Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Diego Costa, Loïc Rémy, Michy Batshuayi, Bertrand Traoré, Kenedy, Victor Moses, Juan Cuadrado, Tammy Abraham

As for next season at least a very strong challenge for the title and top 4 anything else is failure.

Nearly everyone in the squad bar Batshuayi in the squad, is an EPL champion in the last 2 years.

The squad is clearly good enough we just need to do it over 38 games this coming season.

Kirby wrote: »
    A few names in there I dont recognise at all to be honest.
    Squad for the US tour,

Theyre the youths, Chalobah and Hector were on loan but theyed be known to Chelsea fans.

I'm more surprised Zouma was broiught along even though hes 2 months from being fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

No Mikel in that squad............hopefully that's a sign

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »
    No Mikel in that squad............hopefully that's a sign

Hes playing in the Olympics with Nigeria.

Although, Ivanovic is out for at least 3-4 weeks with his shoulder, Zouma is out for about 2 months, theres going to be game time for Rhamn and Aina in America which is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Theyre the youths, Chalobah and Hector were on loan but theyed be known to Chelsea fans.

I'm more surprised Zouma was broiught along even though hes 2 months from being fit.

Looks like the end for Atsu though

Ya, theres a few that got brought to Austria that were probably only there too make up numbers.

Conte could just ask Holland for a basic overview of the lesser known players in the squad and could make a call on them that way.

Some of them are just there to be loaned for 2 or 3 years and sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

yea it does odd that Zouma and Ivan brought when injured and Atsu and the lesser spotted left at home.

Although Juan Cuadrado is in the squad and I fully expect him to be gone before the end of the transfer window.

I think we still need to sort out a CB and CF anyway for the coming season.

Once we get those 2 places sorted we'll be good to go, unless something unexpected happens that is.

Although Juan Cuadrado is in the squad and I fully expect him to be gone before the end of the transfer window.

I'm hoping Cuadrado stays, Conte could be the man to spark his Chelsea career to life. Being given half a season was hardly fair, he deserves a chance.

I'm hoping Cuadrado stays, Conte could be the man to spark his Chelsea career to life. Being given half a season was hardly fair, he deserves a chance.

He was pretty terrible though, I also dont think he wants to be here either.

Maybe a return to Italy is best for all involved if thats the case.

He was pretty terrible though, I also dont think he wants to be here either.

Maybe a return to Italy is best for all involved if thats the case.

He arrived mid season in a new league, new country. Very hard for anybody to hit the ground running, he started about 4 games for us. He was poor but I wouldn't be giving up on him. If he wants to leave then fair enough but I thought Conte would be willing to give him a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

kante is 7, sorry mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sure Conte will know if he's worth holding on to.

Christ I'm lookin forward to the new season!

peteeeed wrote: »
    kante is 7, sorry mahrez

God I hate that

7 is for your flashy winger, not your hard tackling dm

Why can't he take 6, and move Rahman to 3 the actual left back number

He arrived mid season in a new league, new country. Very hard for anybody to hit the ground running, he started about 4 games for us. He was poor but I wouldn't be giving up on him. If he wants to leave then fair enough but I thought Conte would be willing to give him a chance.

Oh I agree with that but i watched him for Juventus, probably 6 games and he wasnt much better.

I honestly think he'll push for a move and will be allowed to go and if he does so be it, I think we've better options in the team anyway so its all about getting as close to our money back as possible.

Hes not got a 1st team number on the Chelsea website as it stands, Batshuayi has taken his 23 shirt and hes not mentioned as being part of the 1st team. Even Kante is. :o

God I hate that

Ramires was 7. :o

peteeeed wrote: »
    kante is 7, sorry mahrez

9 is free :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

God I hate that

Its like when Gallas had 10

I hated him for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's more about who they're sitting beside in the changing room

Ramires was 7. :o

And remember how glad we were when China came calling :pac:
    Kobe248 wrote: »
    Its like when Gallas had 10

I hated him for it

I knew there was something wrong with Khalid Boulahrouz straight away when he was given number 9 when he arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement