Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Kobe248 wrote: »
    Its like when Gallas had 10

I hated him for it

Having the #10 shirt is down the list in the things I hate about that pillock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Playing liverpool in a few days time, our 3rd pre-season game.

I think it will be Liverpools 4th pre-season game.

I'd say we'll be closer to full strength than we were before but I'd say Hazard, Courtois, Pedro, Cesc, Azp may only get a half or less each.

Moses
    ‘I came back to start my pre-season early with the group of players who had been on loan last season, which helped as well, but to be honest, I just want to enjoy my football. I want the fans to be able to recognise I am doing something good for the club but at the same time I want to work hard for the team and make sure we win games.

I wonder will he be kept this time or loaned out.

We've an abundance of attacking wide players, Hazard, Willian being the main ones, Pedro, Kenedy, Oscar can play there although hes useless out wide IMO. So he has a lot of work to get into Contes plan for the squad IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wouldn't mind Moses staying, would be a decent option from the bench, for the sake of his career though he'd be better of leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

As well as being HG

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    As well as being HG

Ya, thats a huge plus, doesnt take up a squad place per-se.

We dont have enough HG over 21 players to worry about cutting the older fellas.

I reckon if we got offered about 10m for him he'd be off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like Matuidi has been told he can leave PSG. I think he would be a great signing, always been impressed by him when we play PSG.

Looks like Matuidi has been told he can leave PSG. I think he would be a great signing, always been impressed by him when we play PSG.

Ya. Conte did mention

' N’Golo, Nemanja, Cesc, Oscar, Chalobah and Mikel who is in the Olympics, it is not easy to choose. I want to have this problem.'

RLC not mentioned but i assume its as a #10 playing off a CF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Moses, the new target man up front!

Panthro wrote: »
    Moses, the new target man up front!

Him and kenedy were the stand out players last pre season.

If both are willing to accept benched roles id keep both around.

I like kenedy so hope he gets a fair crack of the whip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So ToL thinks transfer prices are crazy at the minute, hard to argue with Higuain's price total madness.

So ToL thinks transfer prices are crazy at the minute, hard to argue with Higuain's price total madness.

Kante is our joint 3rd highest transfer but when ya look around at some of the prices quoted this summer for players, its not a bad piece of business and not exactly a crazy fee.

I think its only a matter of time before we break our own transfer record but I dont think it will be this summer, unless we see Costa leaving and we go all out for a CF.

Indeed, but I really can't see Costa going now - just how much would his replacement be the mind boggles.

Any idea what the update on Solanke is has he signed a new contract as yet? Just incase he turns out to be a goodun.

Indeed, but I really can't see Costa going now - just how much would his replacement be the mind boggles.

Any idea what the update on Solanke is has he signed a new contract as yet? Just incase he turns out to be a goodun.

Nothing yet, hes on holidays after the U19 Euro championship and its up next June/July so we should see something in the next few weeks/months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Could be a good move for some of the guys to be playing against senior sides, see how they fair.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Could be a good move for some of the guys to be playing against senior sides, see how they fair.

Will the games be televised?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Will the games be televised?

that cup was televised last year , maybe chelsea tv will also show them

• peteeeed wrote: »
    that cup was televised last year , maybe chelsea tv will also show them

I mean as in all the U23 games.
    Assuming MUTV will do the same so..etc..

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I mean as in all the U23 games.
    Assuming MUTV will do the same so..etc..

No idea, Sky did show some stages of the trophy although I'm not sure what stages, I'm assuming it was only the very latter stages of the trophy.

• Advertisement

Draws been made and all :
    Chelsea, Swindon, Oxford, Exeter

Some rules :
    - Invited Clubs – 6 of the starting 11 to be U21 (as at June 30).

- Clubs will be awarded 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. In the event of a drawn game (after 90 minutes), a penalty shootout will be held with the winning team earning an additional point.

- The top two teams will progress to the Knockout Stage.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Draws been made and all :

Some rules :

if it involves our juniors , we normally win it :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    if it involves our juniors , we normally win it :)

We need at least 6 U21s starting but I'd imagine we'll probably field a full youth side, unless someone is coming back from an injury and needs good, competitive minutes.

Good opportunity to play in a very tough cup for the youths too,

We could just start guys like Miazga, RLC, Kenedy, Traore, Aina too and win it but I reckon it will be a cup for the youths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Di Marizo - Chelsea submit €45m bid for Koulibaly. Haven't seen much of him, would prefer Mustafi myself. Manolas not available this year.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Di Marizo - Chelsea submit €45m bid for Koulibaly. Haven't seen much of him, would prefer Mustafi myself. Manolas not available this year.

Thats about £37/38m.

I'm wondering who I'd prefer, Stones or Koulibaly, as theres no way we'll manage to get Koulibaly for that price and he'll probably end up costing what Stones will go for.

The easy answer is I'd prefer Zouma and Christensen going forward and not spend 40/50m on a new CB but its going to happen.

Thats about £37/38m.

I'm wondering who I'd prefer, Stones or Koulibaly, as theres no way we'll manage to get Koulibaly for that price and he'll probably end up costing what Stones will go for.

The easy answer is I'd prefer Zouma and Christensen going forward and not spend 40/50m on a new CB but its going to happen.

From what I hear Koulibaly can actually defend. CB is the position we need reinforcements most in. Cahill and Terry are decent options and Ivan if we are stuck but we are incredibly light there. Ivan and Zouma are both going to miss the start of the season. Fancy starting another season with Cahill and Terry as our only options?

From what I hear Koulibaly can actually defend. CB is the position we need reinforcements most in. Cahill and Terry are decent options and Ivan if we are stuck but we are incredibly light there. Ivan and Zouma are both going to miss the start of the season. Fancy starting another season with Cahill and Terry as our only options?

Cahill and especially JT arent long for this team, which puts us in need of an English CB that will play thats over 21, we cant keep buying non-HG players and not promoting from within.

I'd like Stones but like Koulibaly, I reckon hes going to be massively over priced this summer, Napoli have pocketed a serious price for Higuian too so theyre in rush or need to sell Koulibaly too.

City, strangely, havent moved for Stones yet but I think hes still go a slight knock and hasnt trained with Everton in pre-season yet.

Cahill and especially JT arent long for this team, which puts us in need of an English CB that will play thats over 21, we cant keep buying non-HG players and not promoting from within.

I'd like Stones but like Koulibaly, I reckon hes going to be massively over priced this summer, Napoli have pocketed a serious price for Higuian too so theyre in rush or need to sell Koulibaly too.

City, strangely, havent moved for Stones yet but I think hes still go a slight knock and hasnt trained with Everton in pre-season yet.

Christensen will count as HG won't he? Don't see the need for them to actually be English

From videos I've seen Fabregas and Costa look to be in much better shape than at the start of last season. I'm not exactly sure how Fabregas is going to fit into Conte's system, I think we're going to be setup to be fast, direct and very physical. But I think Fabregas is essential to getting the best out of Costa.

I think we might see Kante-Fabregas partnership for the lesser teams, Kante and Matic for the bigger games. If Kante can do the legwork in partnership with Cesc it could be a very effective partnership IMO.

• Advertisement

Christensen will count as HG won't he? Don't see the need for them to actually be English

I think they have to live in the country for 3 years before they turn 18 and dont think Christensen meets that criteria.

I think they have to live in the country for 3 years before they turn 18 and dont think Christensen meets that criteria.

It's actually 3 years training at an association football club between the ages of 16-21, Christensen joined in 2012 and was probably only loaned out when he was assured HG status.

City in talks with Stones, £50m fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Going on football manager it's 21 for sure :pac:

Right now there's only Terry and RLC who are home grown at the club, with Cahill/Begovic/Cesc as home grown in England so that makes 5 in total.

Not near enough which is why a prospect like Christensen is so valuable to us. As you said Gav someone has to be given a chance soon, Aina looks like he could make it

Too many to name individually among last years loanees could make it and need to be given a chance soon, but this year with no European football actually means we'd need less players overall so youths mightn't be given much of a chance anyway

Going on football manager it's 21 for sure :pac:

Right now there's only Terry and RLC who are home grown at the club, with Cahill/Begovic/Cesc as home grown in England so that makes 5 in total.

Not near enough which is why a prospect like Christensen is so valuable to us. As you said Gav someone has to be given a chance soon, Aina looks like he could make it

Too many to name individually among last years loanees could make it and need to be given a chance soon, but this year with no European football actually means we'd need less players overall so youths mightn't be given much of a chance anyway

Moses ;)

It doesnt really matter right now, but we can only have 17 non-HG players in the squad so the other 8 places are for HG over 21 players and the rest is made up of as many kids as you like.

We do need more success though and I reckon Conte has been made aware of this rule too.

We've options, Aina looks a good prospect, Solanke Brown, Abraham too but they all pretty much play up top or as wide attackers.

Edit : If Conte wants, he could play the youths in the Johnstone trophy thing and give them League cup minutes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Moses ;)

It doesnt really matter right now, but we can only have 17 non-HG players in the squad so the other 8 places are for HG over 21 players and the rest is made up of as many kids as you like.

We do need more success though and I reckon Conte has been made aware of this rule too.

We've options, Aina looks a good prospect, Solanke Brown, Abraham too but they all pretty much play up top or as wide attackers.

Edit : If Conte wants, he could play the youths in the Johnstone trophy thing and give them League cup minutes too.

Chalobah is another guy that deserves a shot in the 25 man PL squad on that basis. Throw him in the cup games and see how he performs.

He's more than capable of operating as a backup CM/DM and he'd be another club-trained HG player. Seems to be a good worker which Conte would appreciate.

He'd offer as much as Mikel does at this stage anyway which would free up one of the 17 non-HG slots.

• Advertisement

Chalobah is another guy that deserves a shot in the 25 man PL squad on that basis. Throw him in the cup games and see how he performs.

He's more than capable of operating as a backup CM/DM and he'd be another club-trained HG player. Seems to be a good worker which Conte would appreciate.

He'd offer as much as Mikel does at this stage anyway which would free up one of the 17 non-HG slots.

Chalobah will be kept on, when talking about his options at CM he mentioned him. I reckon even if he didn't get major game time in Italy, it probably did him no harm tactically. The guy can play football too.

1-0 Cahill

Fabregas red card , not a great challenge

1-0 win over Liverpool

Red card a little harsh studs were down not up but certainly a yellow still kept a clean sheet with the ten men so whilst only a friendly a good result. Nice to see the Daily Fail still showing their Chelsea bias calling the Cesc challenge an assault they have little to be worrying them.

• Advertisement

A win is a win, tough 2 a day training sessions and a second string first eleven.

Its good to get a run around too a win is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not sure where else to post this. I thought it was sort of an unwritten rule that you don't send people off in friendlies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

AdamD wrote: »
    Not sure where else to post this. I thought it was sort of an unwritten rule that you don't send people off in friendlies?

So you're happy with open season on opposition players? Didn't see the Fabregas challenge but I'll assume it was deserved.

Was late alright, could have went either way in the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

As Gav said it could have gone either way. I'm an Arsenal fan for christ sake I'm not defending anyone here I'm just curious as to when they started sending players off in friendlies..

It is not unusual for players to be subbed off in that instance. In fairness to Cesc he apologised for a late tackle and also went into the Liverpool dressing room to make the apology. But he said that in the PL would most likely have not got red but at that stage the ref had lost control.

It is nice to see normal objective posts and season not yet started assuming it was deserved whilst not seeing it, for me having seeing it was a tad harsh. Studs down one footed but late, obvious yellow for sure. Kloop did not seem overly upset just saying it was late and sometimes in football you get red for being late.

It is not unusual for players to be subbed off in that instance. In fairness to Cesc he apologised for a late tackle and also went into the Liverpool dressing room to make the apology. But he said that in the PL would most likely have not got red but at that stage the ref had lost control.

It is nice to see normal objective posts and season not yet started assuming it was deserved whilst not seeing it, for me having seeing it was a tad harsh. Studs down one footed but late, obvious yellow for sure. Kloop did not seem overly upset just saying it was late and sometimes in football you get red for being late.

Was his first game back too, hes a bit behind the rest of the squad in teerms of game time.

No real excuse as he was late but it was far from the assualt/horror tackle that places like the Daily Mail tried to paint it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fieldog View Post
    Grujic ended up in hospital not remembering anything after also, was a ****ing friendly apparently...
    The Mourinho influence still in place. Hopefully Ragnarok has a receipt for Fabregas once we have the league game wrapped up.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes that lot to turn on Conte.

you couldn't make it up , what a bunch of wingers who haven't watched the game

Quote:
    Grujic ended up in hospital not remembering anything after also, was a ****ing friendly apparently...
    The Mourinho influence still in place. Hopefully Ragnarok has a receipt for Fabregas once we have the league game wrapped up.

Who the hell is that. :pac:

So you're happy with open season on opposition players? Didn't see the Fabregas challenge but I'll assume it was deserved.
    As Gav said it could have gone either way. I'm an Arsenal fan for christ sake I'm not defending anyone here I'm just curious as to when they started sending players off in friendlies..
    Quote:

So Mourinho can influence an accidental clash of heads when he is not even at the ground putting all my money on United winning the title if he is that powerful. Also didn't realise accidental clashes are banned at pre season friendly's interesting is that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement