Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It was a red card all day long, late, studs up. Atleast call it for what it is, nothing harsh about it, I'd have no problem saying the same if it was a pool player.

I'm not a fan of these pre-season friendlies between premier league sides anyway, there is nothing friendly about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

rob316 wrote: »
    It was a red card all day long, late, studs up. Atleast call it for what it is, nothing harsh about it, I'd have no problem saying the same if it was a pool player.

I'm not a fan of these pre-season friendlies between premier league sides anyway, there is nothing friendly about them.

it was a red card all day long, nobody is saying it wasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

AdamD wrote: »
    As Gav said it could have gone either way. I'm an Arsenal fan for christ sake I'm not defending anyone here I'm just curious as to when they started sending players off in friendlies..

To be honest for stupid tackles like that they should be sent off. I don't think they would for 2 yellows though. The thin threat of a red should keep idiots from making mad tackles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

AdamD wrote: »
    Not sure where else to post this. I thought it was sort of an unwritten rule that you don't send people off in friendlies?

It is up to the ref, if he thinks it serious they will send them off as it is a straight red card. Cesc has not been the 1st and will not be the last player to be sent off in a friendly game.

If a player has been booked and is going towards a 2nd ref might have a word with the manager to sub said player off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

rob316 wrote: »

I'd call it a red myself however if this were a title decider where we went on to win I would of course excercise my right to call the ref for robbing us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Jesus the Liverpool fans are getting salty nice and early this year aren't they? It's only a friendly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The same ref is notorious in the MLS anyway for being the centre of attention.

Most have been a dire game when the main talking point of a friendly was a red card. :pac:

All these "tournaments" are just for fitness, I dont think the English sides should be playing each other anyway pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Good enough for me :D

Cesc red.JPG

I wonder will Jose keep his record against Wenger now hes at Utd? Arsenal have a pretty terrible record against Utd the last decade or so, bar last year.

• Advertisement

Good enough for me :D

Cesc red.JPG

#Justice for the Rose Bowl 1

It wasnt that bad of a tackle either, least we'll have Kante available soon. :o

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I didn't see the tackle myself but surely it couldn't have been a straight red?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think it was a red card to be fair, it was a bad tackle but not a horror tackle.

Quite like this

Liverpool-696x522.jpg

I'd take top four next year, it would be a step in the right direction for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Still whinging in the Liverpool thread

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Still whinging in the Liverpool thread

Indeed no history blah blah, park the bus blah blah, plastic blah blah feel sorry for Chelsea fans blah blah. Don't know why they feel sorry for us nice to support a team that has won things recently though history shows they have won the FA Cup and League Cup in the past 10 years.

Indeed no history blah blah, park the bus blah blah, plastic blah blah feel sorry for Chelsea fans blah blah. Don't know why they feel sorry for us nice to support a team that has won things recently though history shows they have won the FA Cup and League Cup in the past 10 years.

I dunno after last season, I've got a taste for tenth! Inspired by the last decade at LFC.

I dunno after last season, I've got a taste for tenth! Inspired by the last decade at LFC.

Ah sure 'tis nice to see how the other half live, normal service will be resumed this season. I for one am so excited to see buses parked all over the place I just love looking at those damn buses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Drogba does what Drogba does and scores yet another goal against Arsenal

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Drogba does what Drogba does and scores yet another goal against Arsenal

even after his Chelsea career is over hes still doing against them. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Really???

mansize wrote: »
    Really???

Really what?

I was gonna type Really Queen? Just didn't want to offend. The MLS is a joke

I was gonna type Really Queen? Just didn't want to offend. The MLS is a joke

It is, doesnt change the fact that Drogba scored against Arsenal.

Its a pre-season friendly, throw the toys back in the pram.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It is, doesnt change the fact that Drogba scored against Arsenal.

Its a pre-season friendly, throw the toys back in the pram.

They're not in out or otherwise of the pram

In the words of the Rock: It doesn't matter!!!

They're not in out or otherwise of the pram

In the words of the Rock: It doesn't matter!!!

I'll celebrate every Drogba goal against Arsenal regardless of what competition it's in! Even if he's not ending their title dreams for once!

Playing Real Madrid tomorrow and heres our 3rd kit.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/new-third-kit-unveiled-.html

boring as fvck like the others

peteeeed wrote: »
    boring as fvck like the others

Ya, was hoping for something a bit mad but our GK kit is green so I think our days of neon kits are gone.

We should have kept the yellow from the title winning season, loved the shirt.

whats with the mafia poses ?

CohVtUsVIAAxIr8.jpg

• Advertisement

Bit of a scrappy one. :pac:

Apparently a fresh bid of £38m being prepared for Koulibaly.....jaysus. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Apparently a fresh bid of £38m being prepared for Koulibaly.....jaysus. :o

Presume if they do get him, he'll be missing for a few weeks for the African nations ?

Techless wrote: »
    Presume if they do get him, he'll be missing for a few weeks for the African nations ?

Ya, He'd be off for about 2-4 weeks depending on how well Senegal do.

Seen a quote from Klopp regarding spending 100m on one player.

Heres the jist of it
    'If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney,' he said.

'The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

'The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

'That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

'Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players.

'I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

'I don't know exactly how much money we could spend because nobody has told me, 'No, you can't do this.'

'If I spend money, it is because I am trying to build a team, a real team. Barcelona did it. You can win championships, you can win titles, but there is a manner in which you want it.'

While I get what hes trying to do, Utd spending 100m on a ready made star is no gamble, no more so than Pool spending about 60m on Mane and Wijlandlum, although I know which of the two compared deals I'd prefer. Pool right now cant compete with the best sides in the league so Klopps hands are sort of tied in that regard.

I'm sure Pool could spend 100m on Pogba but if all the teams could afford him, I'd willing to guess Pool are probably 4th or 5th on his possible destinations for example.

I reckon Klopp will have success at Pool eventually, hes a good manager but it will take time, before him, Pool have spent a serious amount of money on players with very little return for the best part of a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

While I get what hes trying to do, Utd spending 100m on a ready made star is no gamble,

Disagree completely. He could get injured as Klopp said, some players are never the same after an injury. He could get lazy and not turn out to be the performer the price suggests he should be. The pressure of the price tag and media circus that goes with it might make him not perform.

Pogba could break his leg in August and that would be that, 1x season gone already and still paying his reported £290k wages per week. He may come back a year later and not be a top player anymore, it happens.

never heard of 'player agent' they are signing him for 25 million as part of the deal , must be good

jive wrote: »
    Disagree completely. He could get injured as Klopp said, some players are never the same after an injury. He could get lazy and not turn out to be the performer the price suggests he should be. The pressure of the price tag and media circus that goes with it might make him not perform.

Pogba could break his leg in August and that would be that, 1x season gone already and still paying his reported £290k wages per week. He may come back a year later and not be a top player anymore, it happens.

I dont think its a risk at all, are they over paying, 100% they are, but Pogba is the new "IT" player to have and Juventus hold all the cards here, I expected Barca and Real to get invovled but given what they already have in CM, both clubs dont really need him as much as Utd do so will be less inclined to get invovled in a serious bidding war.

I'd love him at Chelsea but not for anywhere near the money quoted but if he was signed I'd be delighted regardless of the price, its not like Roman or any owner/board would be ringing up fans asking for a whip around for a new player, the money in the game has got beyond crazy and everyone has it so we'll see more £30-50m transfers becoking the norm, we got Batshuayi for 33m and if it was 2 years ago he'd probably cost half that but its the way the market is now.

peteeeed wrote: »
    never heard of 'player agent' they are signing him for 25 million as part of the deal , must be good

Thats the worse part about the deal, these agents have the easiet job in the world, attach yourself to a few superstars and it only takes one of them to make a serious move and you're set for life.

Younger players will be clambering over each other to be represented by you too and you'd have your pick of the best talent.

• Advertisement

Remember United wouldn't pay the agent fee for Hazard. Think it was around £6 million, turned out to be a good deal for us in the end but it's sickening money to be paying an agent.

Johner wrote: »
    Remember United wouldn't pay the agent fee for Hazard. Think it was around £6 million, turned out to be a good deal for us in the end but it's sickening money to be paying an agent.

Ya, I think theyve learned their lesson, although reports suggest Juventus are paying the fee.

Ya, I think theyve learned their lesson, although reports suggest Juventus are paying the fee.

The selling club always technically pay the fee, but they generally have a figure in mind for what they want to receive. So Juve value him at €100m but to get that value they need to sell him €120m because Mr.20% get's his share too.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/759078106422513665

Maybe walking with zouma would is not a great idea

Still 3 weeks to get a centre half, I'll be worried if we don't get one and Zouma is still injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lukaku for Costa?
    http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2920264/chelseas-diego-costa-moving-closer-to-atletico-madrid-return

Pity Costa has blown so hot and cold. I don't think his heart was ever truly at CFC. Right from his sheepish response to the 'we'll see you next year' chant coming off an Atleti training session (?) a couple of years back.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

McDave wrote: »
    Lukaku for Costa?
    http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2920264/chelseas-diego-costa-moving-closer-to-atletico-madrid-return

Pity Costa has blown so hot and cold. I don't think his heart was ever truly at CFC. Right from his sheepish response to the 'we'll see you next year' chant coming off an Atleti training session (?) a couple of years back.
    It was the UCL semi final but the two are easily confused.

McDave wrote: »
    Lukaku for Costa?

Atelti just signed Kevin Gaimero so they won't be signing Costa any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Atelti just signed Kevin Gaimero so they won't be signing Costa any time soon.

If, big if mind you, Griezmann was to leave there's space for Costa

They do play 2 strikers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Starting team v Real Madrid tonight:

Begovic, Aina, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Oscar, Matic; Willian, Traore, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro

Conte seems have Aina in his first 11 which is good to see. Oscar starting in CM also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Rumors Baba is off on loan to Schalke. Strange one

Good for Aina though....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement