Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

£67m take it or leave it bid for Lukaku. Costa looks like he's staying. Hopefully we'll at least have options up front next season.

LB and CB than we'd be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    £67m take it or leave it bid for Lukaku. Costa looks like he's staying. Hopefully we'll at least have options up front next season.

LB and CB than we'd be sorted.

Well if its Kouliabily and Rodriguez thats potentially adding another 80m, on top of the 70m for Lukaku and near 70m for Kante and Batsuahyi.

Thats a very expensive summer of about 220m :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well if its Kouliabily and Rodriguez thats potentially adding another 80m, on top of the 70m for Lukaku and near 70m for Kante and Batsuahyi.

Not my money..

Now's the time top spend, we'll make it back next year in the CL. Honestly if we didn't spend this kind of money you'd be worried we might end up like Liverpool. Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

220m is basically 100m two season ago. The inflation due to the new TV deal as seen to that. Anyway FFP is dead, that was shown last year when City spent 150 million one season on from breaching FFP rules. All you need is to make a shell company and pay yourself what you like for club content or whatever BS.

Rodriguez would be worth it at about £30M. Excellent defender and a great threat on set-pieces. Wolfsburg might be happy to sell given their lack of European football and VW's losses on the emissions scandal.

Koulibaly I have mixed feelings on. We are paying £40-45M+ for 1 good season and we're dealing with de Laurentiis who will demand crazy money for him given he doesn't have a set release clause + several years left on his contract. It has last years John Stones saga written all over it.

Mustafi for £25M would be better business IMO. Get it done ASAP and let Conte start work integrating him. That will be the major boon this season as we'll have 7 days to prepare for most PL games.

The Lukaku deal is strange. Conte wants another striker - fair enough. But this seems like Emenalo/Marina trying to prove a point that Mourinho shouldn't have sold him.
    He's PL proven but £70M is madness for him, scoring record aside. He hasn't improved his technique one iota since we sold him. Other than preparing for letting Costa go in the future it shouldn't be a priority.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not my money..

Now's the time top spend, we'll make it back next year in the CL. Honestly if we didn't spend this kind of money you'd be worried we might end up like Liverpool. Eugh.

Theyve spent serious money in the last couple of years and have had pretty much no return from it, I dont think we'll be that bad in the short term anyway.

• Advertisement

220m is basically 100m two season ago. The inflation due to the new TV deal as seen to that. Anyway FFP is dead, that was shown last year when City spent 150 million one season on from breaching FFP rules. All you need is to make a shell company and pay yourself what you like for club content or whatever BS.

Rodriguez would be worth it at about £30M. Excellent defender and a great threat on set-pieces. Wolfsburg might be happy to sell given their lack of European football and VW's losses on the emissions scandal.

Koulibaly I have mixed feelings on. We are paying £40-45M+ for 1 good season and we're dealing with de Laurentiis who will demand crazy money for him given he doesn't have a set release clause + several years left on his contract. It has last years John Stones saga written all over it.

Mustafi for £25M would be better business IMO. Get it done ASAP and let Conte start work integrating him. That will be the major boon this season as we'll have 7 days to prepare for most PL games.

The Lukaku deal is strange. Conte wants another striker - fair enough. But this seems like Emenalo/Marina trying to prove a point that Mourinho shouldn't have sold him.
    He's PL proven but £70M is madness for him, scoring record aside. He hasn't improved his technique one iota since we sold him. Other than preparing for letting Costa go in the future it shouldn't be a priority.

Thats the real matter of fact, money now, thanks to the TV deal is going to be mad.

I wanted Rodriguez back when we were signing Rahman but was hoping Rahman would play LB and azp would go to RB, I dont care who starts at LB this year as long as Ivan isnt at RB it will be an upgrade on the back line.

Quality CBs are thin on the ground must clubs barely have one, let alone two of them. As long as we get deals wrapped up before the end of the window and arent left going into September with the same back line, swapping Rahman for Aina, we'll be doing well.

Right now, a CB and LB should be the main targets and Lukaku is a secondary target.

I cant see us getting Lukaku and keeping Costa, Batshuayi, Traore and Remy and potentially Hazard and RLC as secondary CFs.

Someone has to go, money being on Remy being sold and maybe Traore going on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nah, I cant get behind a player whos not improved one jot since hes been here, I'd prefer to get shot of Ivan or Mikel first but Oscar is close to the door too for me.

His consistency or lack of, is so frustrating its not even funny.

I'm quite fond of Oscar but his lack of improvement and lack of usefulness this year is a killer really. Plus he's still got some value while he's young and he may find a system that allows him to get better... If we took 30m for him that would be great business imo.

There's a lot of money being spent on 'not-the-finished-article' players, who we're going to need to walk into the first team... I like them all but with the money being shelled out it's similar pressure to the Pogba signing, you need at least 2/3 of those guys to be first team regulars for years to come. They're far from certs imo.

hots wrote: »
    I'm quite fond of Oscar but his lack of improvement and lack of usefulness this year is a killer really. Plus he's still got some value while he's young and he may find a system that allows him to get better... If we took 30m for him that would be great business imo.

Turning down the mental Chinese money in January for him seems even more baffling now.

A real opportunity lost on a major profit.

There's a lot of money being spent on 'not-the-finished-article' players, who we're going to need to walk into the first team... I like them all but with the money being shelled out it's similar pressure to the Pogba signing, you need at least 2/3 of those guys to be first team regulars for years to come. They're far from certs imo.

Thats a real worry, especially on Koulibaly who could be a very, very expensive flop, a bit like Mangala who looks good in some games and a shocking CB in others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Turning down the mental Chinese money in January for him seems even more baffling now.

A real opportunity lost on a major profit.
    Hard to sell that kind of move to a player though. Was he interested?

Hard to sell that kind of move to a player though. Was he interested?

You're not wanted here and you'll earn 250k in China.

Cruel, but fair.

Also, at his age, he could make enough money to set him up for life if he played in China for 2 years and could still come back to Europe after that time to a decent career.

Baba Rahman claims he left Chelsea on loan after being told he was too attack-minded by new manager Antonio Conte.
    Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full-back

that coupled with the fact you couldnt defend to save your life. :pac:

Throw Rahman on the scrap heap, he wont be returning anytime soon..

70m for Lukaku, Remy + 60m, all doing the rounds.

Neither is a good deal for us but if Costa is leaving at least we'll make back a good portion of it.

Oh Christ, now we've got Palmeri saying we've bid €80m. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

That's the reality of the transfer market at the moment. There are a number of distinct tiers of clubs and at the moment (without CL) we're fishing in the bottom of the second tier paying an excess for "unfinished" prospects in order to get back in to the Top 4 at the first attempt.

But there aren't many "finished-article" players available outside of the top tier of Barca, Real and Bayern though. They are able to pick up the cream of the talent at the moment. Utd at a push can compete with them but only when they're willing to pay record fees and wages. (di Maria, Pogba)

The second tier of clubs (City, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Dortmund, Atletico, Arsenal, Liverpool etc) are left to do battle for the prospects with some doubts or the players made available for transfer from the top tier when a new shinier player comes along. (e.g. Ozil, Sanchez, Fabregas, di Maria, Kroos).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Baba Rahman claims he left Chelsea on loan after being told he was too attack-minded by new manager Antonio Conte.

that coupled with the fact you couldnt defend to save your life. :pac:

Throw Rahman on the scrap heap, he wont be returning anytime soon..

It's a real pity Nathan Ake was put on loan then, he'd be a great defensive left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So what name are we all getting on the back of this season's shirt?!

Im sure thats what is called out over the PA at the Bridge. Its never John Obi Mikel.

Its either John Mikel Obi or what hes telling us it is now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

You had my hopes up here until I read the link

Mikels going to be the only player after Terry to be here until the end. :o

Last game in America is on tonight, playing AC Milan.

Costa is likely to play some part and Kante will probably play too, kickoff is 2am our time though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

£70m for Lukaku would be absolutely bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Ake, Kalas, Christensen, Baba on loan looks like Matt the Yank and the lesser spotted Papy going to join them so our defenders at this stage for the season are JT, Cahill, Ivan, Dave and post Christmas Zouma as recognised defenders (and I use the word recognised in the loosest possible sense regarding Ivan and Cahill). We can only hope Ola steps up but this is another shambles we never seem to learn - with that "defence" we will not get close to top 4.

Johner wrote: »
    £70m for Lukaku would be absolutely bonkers.

It is, but Everton have no interest in selling until a certain figure is met.

Theyre going to bend us or anyone over the barrel and leave the lube on the table for any deal for Lukaku.

If we can wait, I'd go back with an offer in January or next summer, he'll have less time on his deal and he'll probably be still tipping away with about 20 goals at year end.

The defence is the biggest issue for us and its still not addressed which is seriously worrying as Napoli are pretty hardline in transfers and theyve got a record amount for Higauin so dont really have to sell.

So Ake, Kalas, Christensen, Baba on loan looks like Matt the Yank and the lesser spotted Papy going to join them so our defenders at this stage for the season are JT, Cahill, Ivan, Dave and post Christmas Zouma as recognised defenders (and I use the word recognised in the loosest possible sense regarding Ivan and Cahill). We can only hope Ola steps up but this is another shambles we never seem to learn - with that "defence" we will not get close to top 4.

Also, Mikel, our 3rd or 4th choice CB is away at the Olympics and African cup. :o

Seriously though, having only 2 possible senior CBs and only 2 actual senior FBs for a start of the season is a joke. Zouma is sometime out from playing in competitive games but I'd nurse him back to health.

I'd love if Aina could make it, he'll never have a better chance but hes going to have to be something special to dislodge either Azp or Ivan.

Maybe Conte sees Kenedy as a LB but if he thinks Rahman is too shakey in his defensive duties, it would be strange to throw Kenedy back there.

What I'm hoping Conte does for the West Ham game goes with

Courtois
    Aina Cahill JT Azp
    Kante Matic
    Willian Costa Cesc Hazard

Begovic
    Ivan, Clarke-Salter
    RLC, Oscar Chalobah
    Batshuyi, Pedro

Kenedy would be wasted at LB.
    Play Hazard in the centre and let kenedy produce his wonder runs out on the wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

So his last act whilst still a Chelsea owned player was to score against Liverpool. Don't really know if he was good enough but another player who never really got a chance hope he does well.

So his last act whilst still a Chelsea owned player was to score against Liverpool. Don't really know if he was good enough but another player who never really got a chance hope he does well.

I thought he was good for a sudden burst of speed but his end product was non existent. Couldn't shoot, couldn't pass and couldn't find a half decent cross to save his life.
    Had good speed though!

Panthro wrote: »
    I thought he was good for a sudden burst of speed but his end product was non existent. Couldn't shoot, couldn't pass and couldn't find a half decent cross to save his life.
    Had good speed though!

Thats it, hes a bit like Cuadrado was during his brief cameo with us.

Which only leads me to one assumption for whats going to happen Cuadrado. :o

Thats it, hes a bit like Cuadrado was during his brief cameo with us.

Which only leads me to one assumption for whats going to happen Cuadrado. :o

Ballon D'or 2017

Think we've made a small profit on Salah.

Time for a celebration. :D

1-0 Traore

• Advertisement

1-1 good fk by Milan

2-1 oscar Peno

3-1 oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

That's Oscar staying anyway. Tidy finish for the third I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

he can improve a lot.

Translate "get your sh!t together Oscar"

Good run around in America, much better than last year anyway.

Still dont think we'll play a 4-4-2/4-2-4 formation, we'll be killed by the better sides in the EPL.

Good that ToL took his time to look over the squad before making decisions.

Would assume he was not impressed with the lesser spotted Papy and MvG as neither made the US trip and MvG not even the Austrian one. Maybe I over rate MvG but he always impresses me when he plays and had a super time in PSV.
    Baba II did something wrong it seems perhaps his work ethic but his comments leaving would not endear him to a swift return me thinks.

Ola got a lot of game time so far which is pleasing.

Given no European commitments two more buys a CB and a FB could well do for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Good that ToL took his time to look over the squad before making decisions.

Would assume he was not impressed with the lesser spotted Papy and MvG as neither made the US trip and MvG not even the Austrian one. Maybe I over rate MvG but he always impresses me when he plays and had a super time in PSV.
    Baba II did something wrong it seems perhaps his work ethic but his comments leaving would not endear him to a swift return me thinks.

Ola got a lot of game time so far which is pleasing.

Given no European commitments two more buys a CB and a FB could well do for the season.

I think the fact that Baba came out with 'he thought I was too attacking' as to the reason why he went out on loan is trying to deflect perhaps from a personality clash or something

Good to get a win under the belt, Reddit lads seem very taken with Kante anyway, anyone see the match? Will try and grab highlights later or something...

duploelabs wrote: »
    I think the fact that Baba came out with 'he thought I was too attacking' as to the reason why he went out on loan is trying to deflect perhaps from a personality clash or something

Hes an attacking FB no doubt but the flip side, he couldnt defend to save his life in the league.

GHe said the league was still a kick and chase league, yes this is true but its up to the player to adapt to that and Rahman is plenty quick enough to deal with that style of play but he just wasnt up to it unfortunately.

Good to get a win under the belt, Reddit lads seem very taken with Kante anyway, anyone see the match? Will try and grab highlights later or something...

yep , he looked really good coming on after 60 mins or so with hazard who also looked very sharp

yep , he looked really good coming on after 60 mins or so with hazard who also looked very sharp

With Oscars 2 goals thats surely added 10m to his sell on value too. :pac:

Kenedy hasnt seen much minutes this tour and he was one of our stand out players last year.

Kind of worrying, though I do like the look of this potential side.

Courtois
    Aina Zouma JT Azp
    Willian Kante Cesc Hazard
    Costa Batshuayi

With Oscars 2 goals thats surely added 10m to his sell on value too. :pac:

Lovely ball by Dwayne for Oscars second also.

Didn't sound much like ToL will be letting Oscar go anytime soon, if he can get back on track he would be a wonderful addition.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement