Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lovely ball by Dwayne for Oscars second also.

Didn't sound much like ToL will be letting Oscar go anytime soon, if he can get back on track he would be a wonderful addition.

I hope not, we've not really played with a conventional #10 in pre season.

Maybe a in 3 man CM he could work or as a withdrawn CF but if Conte is going to play with 2 up top I'd prefer Hazard or Pedro playing off a proper CF.

We've also got 11 days to sort out any transfers before the West Ham game but I'd say the current squad will make up the 18 men that will play against West Ham.

I do expect probably 4 or 5 players out on loan or permanent and 2, maybe 3 in.

Benteke is being linked to Everton although Pool selling to Liverpool is very unlikely, theyed probably make money on Benteke as he'd be more than likely replacing Lukaku and theyed know Everton would have a tidy little sum of money from that transfer.

Lots of ifs and buts though so wouldnt think its a runner.

peteeeed wrote: »

Conte :

“Now we go back to London and it’s important for me, for the club, to talk
    and take the decision about all the players. In this pre-season we work with 30 players, four goalkeepers and 26 players. A lot of players. Now remains one game against Werder Bremen and then we must take the decision.

“We hope to take the best decision for the club and the players also. The
    ideas are very clear, but it’s important for me to speak about this topic with
    the club.”

Theres going to be movement in and out alright, just hope we're not waiting until the very end of the transfer window to get the major business done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Good run around in America, much better than last year anyway.

Still dont think we'll play a 4-4-2/4-2-4 formation, we'll be killed by the better sides in the EPL.

Didn't serve Leicester too bad last season :pac:

Little point in doing it pre season and then reverting to type at the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Conte :

Theres going to be movement in and out alright, just hope we're not waiting until the very end of the transfer window to get the major business done.

having to watch jim whyte and his orange faced co host on deadline day :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He's a much better passer than people think, going to be the signing of the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wSbMT4rGko

Didn't serve Leicester too bad last season :pac:

Little point in doing it pre season and then reverting to type at the start of the season

Conte will be flexible, although I think he'll play more to the strengths of our players than the strength of the opposition, which is what Jose largely done.

having to watch jim whyte and his orange faced co host on deadline day :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Transfer window is shut on Wednesday August 31st anyway.

• Advertisement

As long as we dont rush him back ill be happy and so will he :pac:

Im going to predict a loan move for RLC he needs to be playing as much as possible to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Don't forget the yellow tie, can't forget that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Im going to predict a loan move for RLC he needs to be playing as much as possible to develop.

West Brom, think Pulis will drum an ethic in to him and they're in need of a decent 10

duploelabs wrote: »
    West Brom, think Pulis will drum an ethic in to him and they're in need of a decent 10

Send him to Hull, theyve only got about 7 players. :pac:

• Advertisement

CpAoeKWWcAE8RUB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We played a 4-3-3 last night after Kante came on. It was initially Kante behind Fabregas and Matic. Oscar replaced Fabregas and Chabolah replaced Matic.

I think we'll switch between the 2 next season, both have their advantages IMO.

Have we signed Pogba, Messi Lukaku yet. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Have we signed Pogba, Messi Lukaku yet. :o

Instead of buying Lukaku...I've an idea on what to do with the 70gazillion quid we're going to end up spending on him.

We build a time machine, set it to ten years ago, and throw Drogba into it.
    I miss that beast.

Panthro wrote: »
    Instead of buying Lukaku...I've an idea on what to do with the 70gazillion quid we're going to end up spending on him.

We build a time machine, set it to ten years ago, and throw Drogba into it.
    I miss that beast.

We need the 2009/10 Drogba. :o

32 league games and 29 goals.

Those games he missed too were over the African cup of nations, I've no doubt in my mind that had he stayed in England, that he would have got close to the record of 31 goals in a 38 game season.

• Advertisement

Being linked with Mustafi from Valencia, German CB.

Arsenal have been linked with him for the last few weeks too.

Koulibaly supposedly close to signing an extension with Napoli. We should just represent these players, always seem to get them nice new deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah just saw that, like that loan. Should get lots of playing time for a poor-ish team in a tough league, much better than having to hack it out in a foreign league imo. Himself and Palmer hopefully lighting up the league. Important year for both of them really, have to really shine from those teams to come back into the squad next year ~20 years old...

Good for him, I assume Solanke and Brown will be shipped off on loan too shortly. Although, I'm not sure if I heard both are going back to Vitesse.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Koulibaly supposedly close to signing an extension with Napoli. We should just represent these players, always seem to get them nice new deals.

After they sold Higuain they didnt really need to sell another star player, he'll get a pay raise and stay with them.

As long as we move swiftly on towards new targets and not get dragged into a Stones 2015 saga we'll be doing well.

Speaking of Stones saga, the Lukaku deal has all the hall marks of that. :rolleyes:

Have they not learned to stay away from dealing with Everton?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Good for him, I assume Solanke and Brown will be shipped off on loan too shortly. Although, I'm not sure if I heard both are going back to Vitesse.

After they sold Higuain they didnt really need to sell another star player, he'll get a pay raise and stay with them.

As long as we move swiftly on towards new targets and not get dragged into a Stones 2015 saga we'll be doing well.

Speaking of Stones saga, the Lukaku deal has all the hall marks of that. :rolleyes:

Have they not learned to stay away from dealing with Everton?

It's a good move for Tammy. Should be first choice there and he needs a chance to get senior first team football. Look at how Dele Ali made the step up once he got 50 senior games under his belt. Chalobah is even showing the benefits now.

Might do Loftus-Cheek no harm either to get first team football on loan this season. If Zola comes in at Hull, a PL loan there would be ideal for his progression.

On incoming transfers, if we can get Mustafi and one full back out of Rodriguez/de Scigio/Hector. That should be enough. Anything that ensures Cahill is nowhere near the first team. :pac:

There's so much contradictory media noise coming out about the Lukaku deal I'm calling bull****. If anything I hope we're just unsettling him for the craic at this stage and giving Everton a taste of their own medicine - the hypocrites.

Leave him there till next season when there's only 2 years left on his contract and Raiola fancies another fortune in agent fees. Then he might push for the move.

It's a good move for Tammy. Should be first choice there and he needs a chance to get senior first team football. Look at how Dele Ali made the step up once he got 50 senior games under his belt. Chalobah is even showing the benefits now.

Might do Loftus-Cheek no harm either to get first team football on loan this season. If Zola comes in at Hull, a PL loan there would be ideal for his progression.

On incoming transfers, if we can get Mustafi and one full back out of Rodriguez/de Scigio/Hector. That should be enough. Anything that ensures Cahill is nowhere near the first team. :pac:

There's so much contradictory media noise coming out about the Lukaku deal I'm calling bull****. If anything I hope we're just unsettling him for the craic at this stage and giving Everton a taste of their own medicine - the hypocrites.

Leave him there till next season when there's only 2 years left on his contract and Raiola fancies another fortune in agent fees. Then he might push for the move.

I mentioned it yesterday that a loan for RLC is going to be better for him at this stage of his career. Chalobah after playing a lot last year his progressed and matured and could well feature for Conte this year.

Agreed on Lukaku, theres nothing concrete coming out about that deal and we'd be leaving it very late to get our house in order.

That and the fact that a CB and FB are more of an issue right now makes me think that unless Costa leaves, we wont be pulling the trigger on Lukaku or another big named CF.

Lukker- wrote: »

Annoying, I actually thought he was going to leave. Our defence is a disgrace, forget about challenging for the title we will struggle to get top 4 if we don't sign couple of defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Is Mustafe the guy who came to replace Hummels during the Euros ?

Techless wrote: »

Yeah. Started in the first game versus Ukraine and came in for Boateng after his injury later in the tournament. Think he scored in the first game.

Also played 30 games in La Liga for Valencia last season.

Given Manolas and Koulibaly seem to be unavailable he seems to be the most realistic option to strengthen at CB.

Either that or sign Jonathan Tah from Leverkusen but that would leave us with two/three very young CB's next season when Christensen comes back.

• Advertisement

Could make a lethal partnership with Kodjia, looking forward to seeing how he does.

Johner wrote: »
    Annoying, I actually thought he was going to leave. Our defence is a disgrace, forget about challenging for the title we will struggle to get top 4 if we don't sign couple of defenders.

With the lack of investment in defense we can only hope for Top 3/4. If Conte can manage better than that he's a miracle worker.

We should have 2 senior players for each position in the back four.

Assuming Miazga and Djilobodji leave on loan/permanent basis we 6 senior defenders, 2 of which are on their last legs (Terry, Ivanovic) and another who it's criminal to even call a defender (Cahill) and 2 wingers filling in.

So that means we need at least 2 signings.

At the moment our depth chart is:

Azpilicueta
    Zouma
    Cahill
    Aina
    Kenedy
    Terry
    Ivanovic
    Cuadrado

The best we can hope to start the season with is:

New LB
    Zouma
    New CB
    Azpilicueta
    Aina/Kenedy
    Terry
    Ivan/Cahill
    Aina/Ivan

But if we had any cop on :rolleyes: we'd have recalled Christensen and kept Ake and have and it would have cost us nothing.

Ake
    Zouma
    Christiansen
    Azpilicueta
    Kenedy
    Terry
    Ivan/Cahill
    Aina/Ivan

Thats it, and allowing Rahman to leave on loan is kind of mind boggling, we must ahev other options nearly sorted if we left a potential senior and starting FB leave on loan.
    Techless wrote: »

Thats the guy, hes decent.

With the lack of investment in defense we can only hope for Top 3/4. If Conte can manage better than that he's a miracle worker.

Assuming Miazga and Djilobodji leave on loan/permanent basis we 6 senior defenders, 2 of which are on their last legs (Terry, Ivanovic) and another who it's criminal to even call a defender (Cahill) and 2 wingers filling in.

Ya, we need a CB thats going to come in and start or challenge Cahill and JT, I dont think Mustafi will do that straight away. We need cove anyway and think for the long term, I cant imagine Conte giving Clarke Salter many games if hes sending Miazga and Papy D off on loan.

A new CB and FB are the biggest issues in our squad and it was the same last year, if we havent learned from that then we deserve to ship terrible goal after terrible goal.

Besic of Everton is out for about 6months.

A quick sell of Lukaku will sort out some funds for a replacement. ;)

Besic of Everton is out for about 6months.

A quick sell of Lukaku will sort out some funds for a replacement. ;)

:pac:

Don't think he'd be a starter under Koeman anyway. Idrissa Gueye from Villa would have been his replacement.

:pac:

Don't think he'd be a starter under Koeman anyway. Idrissa Gueye from Villa would have been his replacement.

Mikel, Remy and £50m for Lukaku, final offer. :o

Mikel, Remy and £50m for Lukaku, final offer. :o

Apparently they still owe us a fair sized amount of wedge for him for sell ons and kpis

At the moment our depth chart is:

Azpilicueta
    Zouma
    Cahill
    Aina
    Kenedy
    Terry
    Ivanovic
    Cuadrado

The best we can hope to start the season with is:

New LB
    Zouma
    New CB
    Azpilicueta
    Aina/Kenedy
    Terry
    Ivan/Cahill
    Aina/Ivan

But if we had any cop on :rolleyes: we'd have recalled Christensen and kept Ake and have and it would have cost us nothing.

Ake
    Zouma
    Christiansen
    Azpilicueta
    Kenedy
    Terry
    Ivan/Cahill
    Aina/Ivan

Whilst we're in a shocking position now there's no way ake and christensen would have solved the problem for this season. Ake maybe as a backup but we'd still need something starting calibre. And at CB I'd definitely rather someone with a few years under their belt over Christy.

Now if we don't sign a player for either of those positions it'll look stupid but otherwise they'll both benefit more from regular game time.

• Advertisement

Papy gone to Sunderland on a permanent deal. What a massive waste of a signing that was.

Got £8million for him, not bad!

Got £8million for him, not bad!

Profit. Thats all that counts. ;)

Will never forget his 60 seconds in the league cup.

Club legend.

Long live Papy.

We'll prob sign him back next season for £35m

He actually did very well for Werder Bremen, could be a decent enough signing for Sunderland.

Conte either trusts the current backline :o

Or we'll be signing someone soon. Weve let kalas, rahman, papy d and ake all leave so far and signed no replacements.

• Advertisement

Conte either trusts the current backline :o

Or we'll be signing someone soon. Weve let kalas, rahman, papy d and ake all leave so far and signed no replacements.

Titus Bramble is waiting patiently by the phone

Tammy taking less than 20 mins off the bench too chip in and now Palmer has done the same!

hots wrote: »
    Tammy taking less than 20 mins off the bench too chip in and now Palmer has done the same!

He got a second just now.

What a debut.

He got a second just now.

What a debut.

It's great to see. He's just a natural goalscorer.
    He was 40/1 before today for Championship top scorer. E/w Looking value already.

It's great to see. He's just a natural goalscorer.
    He was 40/1 before today for Championship top scorer. E/w Looking value already.

Bamford done brilliant too down there but couldnt force his way in to the 1st team.

Hope Abraham or Solanke can change that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement