Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    Unless we can sign a replacement and we are getting crazy money for him, bad time to sell with the season so close.

If he wants out theres not much we can do about it though. If Conte cant persuade him to stay, be gone and enjoy Italy. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Unless we can sign a replacement and we are getting crazy money for him, bad time to sell with the season so close.

It's fine sure we have Mikel. :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    It's fine sure we have Mikel. :rolleyes:

I'm not pushed if Matic goes, hes an excellent player on his day, those days havent been seen since the last few weeks of the title win. Woith only about 40-45 games to play this year, if he wants out I'd promote Chalobah to CM, the guy has had about 100 senior appearances and is not much older than RLC whos only had about 20.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm not pushed if Matic goes, hes an excellent player on his day, those days havent been seen since the last few weeks of the title win. Woith only about 40-45 games to play this year, if he wants out I'd promote Chalobah to CM, the guy has had about 100 senior appearances and is not much older than RLC whos only had about 20.

I think Matic still has a lot to give especially under Conte, I know he was terrible last season but I would be a bit disappointed if he left.

I think Matic still has a lot to give especially under Conte, I know he was terrible last season but I would be a bit disappointed if he left.

So would I but if the player wants out, theres nothing much keeping an unhappy player will do for us.

Anyway, we should still be sorting the backline before we get bogged down in any major outgoings.

We've seriously lacked investment in a good CB in, well since Cahill and Luiz both came in, Cahill reached his ceiling of potential about 3 years ago and has been on a decline ever since, if he wasnt English he wouldnt have been kept, IMO.

Open training being held at the Bridge today, first time in a long time Chelsea have done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Open training being held at the Bridge today, first time in a long time Chelsea have done that.

live on chelsea tv which is strange

peteeeed wrote: »
    live on chelsea tv which is strange

Be good to go to for some kids on their school holidays anyway.

Still nothing conrete about a CB/LB/CF coming in. :o

We won't be in the UEFA Youth League next season. Disappointing that the back to back winners won't be able to defend their title. Well done senior team. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

We won't be in the UEFA Youth League next season. Disappointing that the back to back winners won't be able to defend their title. Well done senior team. :rolleyes:

yeah thats crazy

Thats a rule? Jesus.

As defending champions, like the senior trophy, they should surely be allowed to defend their crown.

Thats a bit of a joke from UEFA :rolleyes:

peteeeed wrote: »

AFAIK, Lukaku is injured anyway. Got a slight knock the other day for Everton

AFAIK, Lukaku is injured anyway. Got a slight knock the other day for Everton

good :)

Getting Bony for £15million and selling Lukaku to us for the fee's touted would be a great deal for Everton.

• Advertisement

Ya, Bony for 15m is a steal if theyre going to pocket about 60m+ from us.

I dont think we'll go after Lukaku anyway.

Ya, Bony for 15m is a steal if theyre going to pocket about 60m+ from us.

I dont think we'll go after Lukaku anyway.

We are being linked with Zaza from Juventus now, a player who has never impressed me anytime I've seen him. This summer is turning out to be a bit of a disaster.

Chelsea defender Matt Miazga is set to join Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt on loan - [BILD]

We'll have no defenders left at this stage.

We are being linked with Zaza from Juventus now, a player who has never impressed me anytime I've seen him. This summer is turning out to be a bit of a disaster.

Ya, hes not great. I think that link is on the back of the Matic rumour. We've much better options than Zaza in the squad and on loan.
    Chelsea defender Matt Miazga is set to join Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt on loan - [BILD]

So we're down to what, 5 1st team defenders. :pac:

Couldnt make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thats a joke really, and not a funny joke at that.

We really should not have left Ake and Kalas out on loan.

• Advertisement

Carvalho has been released by Monaco, maybe we can take him back. :o

Seems Spurs head of recruitment is to leave the club, after being headhunted after a successful stint at Southampton.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-08-10/tottenhams-head-of-recruitment-to-leave-club-days-before-the-new-season-starts/?

Can we get rid of Emenalo and get him in instead - if not just get rid of Emanalo?

Seems Spurs head of recruitment is to leave the club, after being headhunted after a successful stint at Southampton.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-08-10/tottenhams-head-of-recruitment-to-leave-club-days-before-the-new-season-starts/?

Can we get rid of Emenalo and get him in instead - if not just get rid of Emanalo?

Nah, Emanalo is in a job for life.

We've done well to get Kante and Batshuayi, however, we've fallen well behind in the last 2 weeks in any kind of player in movement, or so it seems.

Other than Lukaku and Kouliably, we've been linked with nobody else in any real concrete kind of information and even the Lukaku rumours could be 100% spoof.

If the board hasnt learned from last summers idoitic saga of chasing Stones, we're doomed before we kick a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Koulibaly's agent said his future will be resolved in 2-3 days.

Cue him signing a new deal at Napoli.

It is on the table apparently but he will not sign due to image rights or some such.

Also new rumours of Kenedy going out on loan - this is getting quite worrying at this stage

I agree with Johner, hes going to stay at Napoli and we'll be left with our hands in our pockets.

Napoli wont want to lose a CB so close to the start of the season, unless he starts pushing for a move and dealing with Napoli and their mad owner is a lotto at the best of times. If its not resolved by Monday, other targets should be brought in.

It is on the table apparently but he will not sign due to image rights or some such.

Also new rumours of Kenedy going out on loan - this is getting quite worrying at this stage

I've said it already, only 45 games this year, give or take one or two. So theres no need for a massive squad.

If COnte is sending him out on loan its to play as much as possible hopefully.

However, getting rid of another option to play LB would be baffling.

I agree with Johner, hes going to stay at Napoli and we'll be left with our hands in our pockets.

Napoli wont want to lose a CB so close to the start of the season, unless he starts pushing for a move and dealing with Napoli and their mad owner is a lotto at the best of times. If its not resolved by Monday, other targets should be brought in.

Deal probably hinges on them signing Maksimovic from Torino.

Deal probably hinges on them signing Maksimovic from Torino.

Well, one can only hope that they sort that deal out ASAP. Its squeaky bum time with our back line.

• Advertisement

Kenedy or Miazga weren't training today.

Miazaga supposedly going to Eintracht Frankfurt on loan.

Haven't heard much about Kenedy all summer.

Both probably being loaned. Thats another 2 defenders out. :o

Maybe Conte has found the fountain of youth and the back line have been living in it all summer, because theres no way in hell, we'll finish higher than 6th with that defence, even with a reduced work load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Abraham just scored again for Bristol City.

Bristol, Huddersfield and Crewe all have youtube channels so it should be easy to follow the goals of Abra, Palmer and Kiwomya considering that they probably won't show up on reddit

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialHTAFC
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crewealexandrafc

Also, hello everyone (again)...

Both probably being loaned. Thats another 2 defenders out. :o

Maybe Conte has found the fountain of youth and the back line have been living in it all summer, because theres no way in hell, we'll finish higher than 6th with that defence, even with a reduced work load.
    Miazaga supposedly going to Eintracht Frankfurt on loan.

Haven't heard much about Kenedy all summer.

Yeah both going on loan, I'd prefer if Kenedy had a PL loan and not be shipped out to another league.

Yeah both going on loan, I'd prefer if Kenedy had a PL loan and not be shipped out to another league.

We should be sending everyone to Hull.

They're bankers to start every game given they've about 6 first team players fit. :o

I think Hull are great value to be relegated too, something like 2/1.

Remember the Brazilian that we were linked with, Gabriel Barbosa, well it seems like Leicester are trying to sign him up.

Mahrez moving on?

Although truth be told, I'd probably orefer the cheaper Barbosa, if they sell Mahrez, theyre going to want 40m +

Remember the Brazilian that we were linked with, Gabriel Barbosa, well it seems like Leicester are trying to sign him up.

Mahrez moving on?

Although truth be told, I'd probably orefer the cheaper Barbosa, if they sell Mahrez, theyre going to want 40m +

I don't think Mahrez is leaving, think this is a bit of a statement signing.

I don't think Mahrez is leaving, think this is a bit of a statement signing.

They've already lost their best player anyway so I'm not to pushed. :pac:

• Advertisement

Bristol Rovers or Bristol City at home in the second round of the #EFLCup.

Traore gone on loan now to Ajax - not sure what the hell our plan is but I can only hope there actually is one.

Traore gone on loan now to Ajax - not sure what the hell our plan is but I can only hope there actually is one.

Its strange, Traore looked promising, while Remy looked like he'd get injured by a strong gust of wind last year.

I'm only hoping we're shifting Remy too and bringing in a 3rd CF to replace him.

I'm only assuming that the ypuths being loaned out is to find them a lot of 1st team football.

I wonder how we'll approach the league cup, I'm assuming Conte wont change it up too much but we should get passed either Bristol side with relative ease, especially at home.

That's a pretty good loan for Traore, surely we are going to sign another striker though.

That's a pretty good loan for Traore, surely we are going to sign another striker though.

Less games, smaller squad.

Seems to be the theme of the summer transfer window for us. :o

If Remy stayed fit, the curernt 3 are plenty good enough to do damage in the league, especially if we're going to go 4-3-3/4-1-4-1.

If he wants to play 2 up top, we do need 4 senior CFs, just incase.

• Advertisement

Less games, smaller squad.

Seems to be the theme of the summer transfer window for us. :o

If Remy stayed fit, the curernt 3 are plenty good enough to do damage in the league, especially if we're going to go 4-3-3/4-1-4-1.

If he wants to play 2 up top, we do need 4 senior CFs, just incase.

If was hoping we'd offload Remy, doesn't look likely now.

If was hoping we'd offload Remy, doesn't look likely now.

Unless another high level CF comes in, I cant see Remy going at all.

50m and Remy for Lukaku would be ideal for us anyway, maybe not for Everton. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Unless another high level CF comes in, I cant see Remy going at all.

50m and Remy for Lukaku would be ideal for us anyway, maybe not for Everton. :o

At this stage that would be fine. Lukaku, Bats, Costa and no youth would be pretty good bearing in mind you wouldn't be stunting anyone else's development by having 3 big names...

Chelsea remain in negotiations with Napoli over Kalidou Koulibaly, with a fee for the Senegal international yet to be agreed. [Telegraph]

Awell as Koulibaly, Conte could bring in another defender and a midfielder, with Chelsea interested in Brazil's Thiago Maia. [Telegraph]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement