Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Looks like Kenedy is off to Watford on loan and Miazga is heading out to another PL club.

Bamford seems to be heading to Villa on loan too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Looks like Kenedy is off to Watford on loan and Miazga is heading out to another PL club.

Bamford seems to be heading to Villa on loan too.

Poor Bamford. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Poor Bamford. :o

Yeah. They're an absolute shambles at the minute.

Unless Bobby is playing 2 up front it seems a waste too. I can't see him displacing Ross McCormack.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Is there a Chelsea Fantasy Football league this year? Or a boards one?

There was one last year but it doesn't seem to be reactivated yet.

I've created one provisionally but the other might activate tomorrow morning if someone's left it till then to pick their team. :P

League entry code is: 1535-648004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just saw a very valid point concerning our lack of sales in this off-season window. Players who aren't cup tied to the CL in January will attract at least a 15-20% sale value when it comes to that transfer window. Hello Oscar, Remi, et al

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I posted our fantasy league code in the CSG forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100662978#post100662978

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tammy again. Against Burton though. :(

On course for about 50 goals this season. :pac:

Just came to post about Abraham. Thats some going. 3 goals from 3 games.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just came to post about Abraham. Thats some going. 3 goals from 3 games.

He's going to be a star, hopefully for us.

Abraham....AGAIN

• Advertisement

Abraham again! Robbing Burton of their first ever Championship point. :( / :)

Tammy lighting up the Championship as expected. Joint top scorer at the minute.

Kasey Palmer also got an assist for Huddersfield's winner vs the FSW's Newcastle.

Who's this Mikel chap scoring goals for Nigeria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Johner wrote: »
    Who's this Mikel chap scoring goals for Nigeria?

Is it John obi's brother mikel John?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Is it John obi's brother mikel John?

We should sign him.

We should sign him.

And play him as a centre-back. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

And play him as a centre-back. :cool:

Or a goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Apparently Hector is going on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt.

In the past 2 weeks we've sold or loaned out 4 defenders and not a single one of them was Ivanovic. This is desperate stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

In the past 2 weeks we've sold or loaned out 4 defenders and not a single one of them was Ivanovic. This is desperate stuff.

Perhaps it's not Mou but Emanalo that Ivanovic has the sexy pics of that we referred to last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kalas Hector Ake Rahman . An entire back line sent out on loan, Christensen too.

We don't need as big a squad as other years with no European football but we're looking like we won't have it next year if this keeps up.

Kenedy going out on loan means we lose an emergency left back as well. Chalobah can play centre back afaik, did as a youth I think.

We've 2 defenders past their best in Terry and Ivanovic, Cahill who is at his best and still crap, Dave who will be out of position more than likely, and Aina who while promising is untested.

If we're to get a good start it'll be on the back of a good attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Kalas Hector Ake Rahman . An entire back line sent out on loan, Christensen too.

We don't need as big a squad as other years with no European football but we're looking like we won't have it next year if this keeps up.

Kenedy going out on loan means we lose an emergency left back as well. Chalobah can play centre back afaik, did as a youth I think.

We've 2 defenders past their best in Terry and Ivanovic, Cahill who is at his best and still crap, Dave who will be out of position more than likely, and Aina who while promising is untested.

If we're to get a good start it'll be on the back of a good attack.

We're clearly going to sign a defender(s) though. Conte made it clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tammy double from yesterday

http://youtu.be/m6YTYKITISA

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is for the Bristol City/Rovers game:

Chelsea Package Including Match Tickets, Tour, Food, Complimentary Bar, Exclusive Chelsea Gift, Match Programme and More PLUS 2 Nights Bed and Breakfast at The Copthorne Hotel Chelsea Stadium - Match Days 23rd or 24th August

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal/13152-16942/

More details:
    Padded seats located in the West Stand Upper tier
    Snacks on arrival
    Pre-match mini behind the scenes tour
    Pre-match two course hot and cold bowl food
    Interactive Chef's table
    Complimentary bar including beer, wine and soft drinks*
    Casual, occasional seating in the Museum
    Drinks vouchers redeemable in the West Upper concourse at half time
    Matchday programme
    Exclusive Chelsea gift
    Appearance by Chelsea legends
    2 Nights B&B @ The Copthorne Hotel Chelsea Stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

This is for the Bristol City/Rovers game:

Chelsea Package Including Match Tickets, Tour, Food, Complimentary Bar, Exclusive Chelsea Gift, Match Programme and More PLUS 2 Nights Bed and Breakfast at The Copthorne Hotel Chelsea Stadium - Match Days 23rd or 24th August

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal/13152-16942/

More details:
    Padded seats located in the West Stand Upper tier
    Snacks on arrival
    Pre-match mini behind the scenes tour
    Pre-match two course hot and cold bowl food
    Interactive Chef's table
    Complimentary bar including beer, wine and soft drinks*
    Casual, occasional seating in the Museum
    Drinks vouchers redeemable in the West Upper concourse at half time
    Matchday programme
    Exclusive Chelsea gift
    Appearance by Chelsea legends
    2 Nights B&B @ The Copthorne Hotel Chelsea Stadium

ah if that was this week i'd have snapped it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Courtois | Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Aina | Matić, Kanté, Fàbregas | Hazard, Costa, Willian

The line up I would like to see tonight. Think Hazard will have a good game, can see just edging out the hammers, 2-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

What you'd like to see and who will play are different matters.

I think it'll be

Courtois
    Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta
    Kante
    Oscar Cesc

Willian Hazard
    Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think it almost certain Ivan starts sadly.

I hope we get a win but have a bad feeling we simply have no defence if the Happy Hammers are in the mood.

So TBo says he never wanted to leave and it was all a misunderstanding ... yea right give him the benefit of the doubt I guess.

Anyhows he wants to show that he is the best in the world well with Ivan and Cahill in front of him he will get every opportunity I think.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thibaut-courtois-i-want-to-stay-at-chelsea-and-prove-im-among-best-goalkeepers-in-the-world-a3320051.html

so has a napoli team mate given the game away?

Lot of people into and out of your life, but only true friends leave their imprint @KurtZouma @kkoulibaly26

https://twitter.com/GhoulamFaouzi/status/764425313346580480

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    so has a napoli team mate given the game away?

Lot of people into and out of your life, but only true friends leave their imprint @KurtZouma @kkoulibaly26

https://twitter.com/GhoulamFaouzi/status/764425313346580480

Looking pretty likely, what an exciting pairing Zouma and Koulibaly will be for years to come.

Looking pretty likely, what an exciting pairing Zouma and Koulibaly will be for years to come.

Will hold off on excitement till I see him wearing a Royal Blue rather then Sky blue shirt. But Happy, Christensen and Koulibaly should form the shell of the defence for ages if it comes to pass.

Will hold off on excitement till I see him wearing a Royal Blue rather then Sky blue shirt. But Happy, Christensen and Koulibaly should form the shell of the defence for ages if it comes to pass.

I'll hold off a little further until Kurt comes back, really worry that he will take a knock to his confidence from it.

In theory there should be a great range in styles between the three of them, perhaps nothing in there as elite as terry/carvalho but potential to be an evenly talented trio to rotate through or to give options formations-wise.

remy signing for lyon

remy signing for lyon

We are definitely signing another striker so. RLC better not be the third striker.

remy signing for lyon

Apparently Everton sniffing around Charlie Austin so could be Lukaku though he still does not convince me.

• Advertisement

So ToL reckons that Costa is a striker and should loiter with intent around the box.

Excellent that may mean there will be no more of that stupid trying to dribble in from the sidelines dross. Though it is sort of at odds with RLC pre-season given he is not a striker by any stretch.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/8/15/12480068/antonio-conte-diego-costa-chelsea-expectations-premier-league

So we may not bother with Koulibaly and will go straight for his Napoli replacement instead

http://sportwitness.co.uk/interesting-chelsea-skip-koulibaly-idea-go-straight-awol-defender/?

Dont know much about him but again must be a step up from Cahill and Ivan

And Blackman gone to High Wycombe losing track of loan outs at this stage - still only 2 goalkeepers now hope TBo stays fit this year and avoids silly reds.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/loan-deals.html?

I don't really fancy the team WAGNH are predicting for tonight, but it's hard to argue that it's the most likely one: http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/8/14/12476952/chelsea-west-ham-united-premier-league-predicted-lineup?_ga=1.231473503.1983825573.1432878579

For those afraid of links, it's:

Courtois | Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Ivanović | Matić, Kanté, Oscar | Hazard, Costa, Willian

Their alternative and the one that the fans selected looks a lot better to me:

Courtois | Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Aina | Matić, Kanté, Fàbregas | Hazard, Costa, Willian

All WHU need to do is let Payet run rings around Ivan again and we'll be stuck chasing our tail for 90 mins.

Yea the WAGNH team is poor at best but I reckon it will be the one we field scary thought

• Advertisement

So, no Gav for the match tonight. Who wants to take up the mantle of spamming the thread in his absence? :p

I don't really fancy the team WAGNH are predicting for tonight, but it's hard to argue that it's the most likely one: http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/8/14/12476952/chelsea-west-ham-united-premier-league-predicted-lineup?_ga=1.231473503.1983825573.1432878579

For those afraid of links, it's:

Courtois | Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Ivanović | Matić, Kanté, Oscar | Hazard, Costa, Willian

Their alternative and the one that the fans selected looks a lot better to me:

All WHU need to do is let Payet run rings around Ivan again and we'll be stuck chasing our tail for 90 mins.

I'd be surprised if Fab doesn't play but unfortunately Ivan probably will...

I hope you're right a) because he's better than Oscar in most ways except scoring and b) he's on my FF team and I've had a terrible start!

Team to face West Ham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT (c), Azpi; Kante; Willian, Matic, Oscar, Hazard; Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

rumours fab is dropped to the bench on twitter. would be a strange one indicating conte may fancy oscar.

Tonight's subs: Begovic, Aina, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Moses, Pedro, Batshuayi. #CFC

Cesc will probably leave now as well. Let's just sell everyone.

Izzy Brown has gone on loan to Rotherham.

West Ham XI: Adrian, Antonio, Reid, Collins, Masuaku, Nordtveit, Ayew, Noble, Kouyate, Valencia, Carroll.

Payet on the bench is good news for us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement