Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Quite funny the mock outrage brigade in full flow after just one match. Unhappy Hammers captain Noble wants video replays as he believes gentle giant and all round jolly decent chap Diego should have got a second yellow. Think that might have worked against them in that match as Carroll "Swan Lake" would have got a yellow for simulation in the move that led directly to their goal and we most certainly would have got another penalty.

Strange that I do not recall any outcry for video replays when Matic was assaulted by Barnes a few seasons back, different set of standards for Chelsea players quite clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

duploelabs wrote: »
    I think we should be in for Bony, the new Remi

Will ya quit, One Remy is bad enough

Nothing new on Lukaku last few days, sort of expected him to come after Traore left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Did anyone else get the impression during Monday's game that Azpilicueta can suddenly sprint faster than before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Will ya quit, One Remy is bad enough

Nothing new on Lukaku last few days, sort of expected him to come after Traore left

I actually rate Remy. Think when he gets a run of games he's very capable.

justshane wrote: »
    I actually rate Remy. Think when he gets a run of games he's very capable.

Mid table capable, decent backup for the likes of us. Can't trust he won't have niggly injury like he's had for us a lot.

You never hear of Remy wanting to leave for regular first team football. I don't like when players seem to settle like that, no fire in the belly. Cesc has been dropped for one game and there's rumours of him leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Why not bring Christensen back and give him a year to learn and play beside JT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Essien is back training with us until he finds a new club. My god what a player he was.

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »

Joined up thinking and Chelsea transfers is just not what we do. Stupid in the first place not to have a recall option but I am sure Munchengladbach would have accepted a few quid and perhaps another young loan player by way of compensation. I have little doubt at the minute it would be him and JT lining up as first choice CB's.

Ash wants a job with us scouting when his playing career is over, hope we find something for him absolute legend

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ashley-cole-i-want-job-at-chelsea-when-i-retire-from-football-a3324466.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ash wants a job with us scouting when his playing career is over, hope we find something for him absolute legend

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ashley-cole-i-want-job-at-chelsea-when-i-retire-from-football-a3324466.html

Possibly top in the greatest FB in the league ever.

Panthro wrote: »
    Possibly top in the greatest FB in the league ever.

Certainly not many ahead of him was great in defence and a real threat in attack. His peno in the CL final was a thing of beauty no keeper ws ever going to get close to that some bottle to step up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

wat press conf
    Conte: 'It won't be an easy game tomorrow because Watford are a solid team with good players.

'We must pay a lot of attention tomorrow. It is a dangerous game. We must send the right message for our confidence & our work.

'I am a passionate man. I live the game with great passion. I play with my players and I want to feel this from them.

'Sometimes when you score an important goal and you win you can celebrate. I cannot hold my emotion

'We played a good game against West Ham with great intensity and concentration. There was a great will to win.'

'We must maintain this mentality and this will to win. It's important if we want a good season.

"I think we need to sign some players, we are too few players in defence and we are working with the club to find a solution

'We all know Diego. He is a passionate footballer & sometimes it can seem he's on the edge but he's a good guy & a good player

'I am happy with his attitude and his behaviour. We know he must pay attention.'

he spoke to Watford boss Walter Mazzarri at the coach's meeting before the season and they agreed it is a great challenge.

'I have great respect for him and his work. He's a good manager

'It's difficult to speak about the transfer policy before a game. I repeat: we are waiting for the right solution to improve

'Now it's very difficult to give a real target to the squad. If you look at the starting XI it's nearly the same as last year

his first experience of Premier League football was fantastic and he has enjoyed discovering the situation.

'The welcome from the fans was fantastic and I hope me and the players can repay them with a good season.'

'Football is passion. If you have this every day you can work very well.

'When you put a lot of time into your work it's good to show passion. At Chelsea they are starting to know this part of me.'

'For Cuadrado we are waiting. The situation must become more clear about his position. Now he's Chelsea's player.'

there are no injury worries ahead of the game.

No mention of Cesc

This could solve all our problems, with moving Dave to RB and then having Ivan as backup CB/RB and not spend the f*ckton of cash on K2
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/19/chelsea-transfer-news-and-rumours-on-friday---live-updates/

Yea he would be a big help but he has been available all summer why wait till now I find that very hard to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Our transfer dealings have been peculiar the last couple of years. Remember in the first 2 years of the Abramovich era when we were signing a new player every couple of days?

I'm not looking for a return to buying a new team every Summer but a bit more urgency in buying players in positions they are clearly needed would be nice.

Techless wrote: »
    Joined up thinking and Chelsea transfers is just not what we do. Stupid in the first place not to have a recall option but I am sure Munchengladbach would have accepted a few quid and perhaps another young loan player by way of compensation. I have little doubt at the minute it would be him and JT lining up as first choice CB's.

Sending him on a 2 year loan allowed Gladbach to have the knowledge that if they take the time to bed in this 19 year old defender he'll still be here in a year

If it was 1 year loan or even a 2 year loan with a recall option then Gladbach would have been a lot more cautious about giving him serious game time

Before going there he had no real first team experience, they were taking a chance on him, and really who could have expected things to have gone so perfectly for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think we were a bit hamstrung this summer by Conte having been at the Euros. As well as not having CL football and the market in general being insane.

That said our lack of back up options for Koulibaly and letting so many players leave on loan before signing their replacements was shocking.

That said, if we manage to sign a top clas CB and LB before the window shuts, we'll have had an excellent window, regardless of how late we left it.

Since we aren't in the ucl or europa, players that are cup tied are still open to us come January. Yes, we need some now, but that may explain our lack of urgency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Not sure how true it is but ESPN are running with that we're in talks with Real for James Rodriguez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I wouldn't mind getting James in but priority should be defence.

Get at least one defender in who can genuinely challenge for a starting place then we can piss money away on someone like James.

James Rodriguez seems like a strange move. We should be aiming to get a new centre half and full back first and rumours suggest we're getting a new keeper too. Assuming we buy Ricardo Rodriguez and Maksimovic along with Eduardo that would bring our total spending this window up to €120m. James Rodriguez would probably cost around €60m. I just can't see us spending anywhere near that amount of money in this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

eh...what? We're signing eduardo?

why?

edit: hes a keeper not the former arsenal striker oops lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea team v Watford: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Kante; Pedro, Oscar, Matic, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Chelsea team v Watford: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Kante; Pedro, Oscar, Matic, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Subs: Begovic, Aina, Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas, Chalobah, Moses, Batshuayi

Pedro for Willian only change. Willian not on bench either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Subs: Begovic, Aina, Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas, Chalobah, Moses, Batshuayi

That's a poor bench too, certainly not title winning depth

• Advertisement

That's a poor bench too, certainly not title winning depth

That's what we get for following FFP and selling our good players outside the First XI in order to comply while City spend £300+ M in two years.

What's the deal with Fab? I'd have him ahead of Pedro.

Anyone know what Conte's record against Mazzari is like?

What's the deal with Fab? I'd have him ahead of Pedro.

Anyone know what Conte's record against Mazzari is like?

The lineup is poorly laid out. Pedro will be playing on the wing instead of Willian and not in the centre of the park.

The lineup is poorly laid out. Pedro will be playing on the wing instead of Willian and not in the centre of the park.

I think its set up as 4-1-4-1 so

Courtois
    Ivan - Cahill - Terry - Dave
    Kante
    Pedro - Oscar - Matic - Hazard
    Costa

On Fabregas, I'd imagine Conte is trying to paper over the shítty defense with an ultra-hardworking three in centre-mid.

Teams were just powering through the midfield last season against us with Cesc in there so he's trying to plug that gap.

It sacrifices Cesc's creativity but its pragmatic.

Ivanovic can't pass the ball 5 yards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

It's actually disgraceful.

• Advertisement

So he's back to normal then. :P

We're crying out for a new starting full back.

I actually gave him praise last week, should've known it was a one off.

I'd fancy my chances of getting a cross in against him today!

Not feeling confident so far, Watford are playing a lot better than I thought they would.

John Moss is a dire ref. How the hell is that not a yellow card.

• Advertisement

Can see Cesc coming on after 60 mins if things don't improve.

We're very blunt going forward - Oscar's crappy alter ego has shown up today. He's infuriatingly inconsistent.

1-0 Watford. Probably deserved. We've been very poor.

Great finish but terrible defending. Ivanovic coming across when he should have been marking Capoue.

Ivan where are you? Also Pedro, no interest in taking your chance?

Seriously just take Costa off. He'll get himself sent off with this pillock of a ref.

Hazard the only one doing anything offensively.

Better now but we shouldn't need to concede to come alive.

Bring Michy and Fabregas on and we might salvage something.

I don't want to see Pedro anywhere near the team on that performance. Gutless.

FFS Moss was 4 yards from that challenge by Capoue on Hazard and missed it. :rolleyes:

Batshuayi goal. Get in.

I'm liking the new striker(won't attempt spell it) two good cameo appearances

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement