Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Lads do we think Fab will play tomorrow or will oscar keep his place? not sure how either preformed in the league cup.

Yes I'm trying to sort my fantasy team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Are match threads a thing of the past round these parts? Haven't been here in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chelsea team v Burnley: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Kante; Willian, Oscar, Matic, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I really hope Fabregas doesn't request to leave in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

FFS Matic :mad: How is he starting ahead of Cesc

• Advertisement

Hazard goal

Get in! Hazard is back.

Hazard looking back to his best. Driving at goal again.

Kante is world class, should be two though!

We've been brilliant so far but need to score a few more while on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Fech this is great stuff. Not to be negative but Willian is very average, we prob need an upgrade on this side. Kante is a beast.

justshane wrote: »
    Fech this is great stuff. Not to be negative but Willian is very average, we prob need an upgrade on this side. Kante is a beast.

Yeah Willian's first touch has been poor. Not creating much either.

Costa's attempts at dribbling are the only other major criticism. He gives the ball away too often.

Really need to be more clinical.

Costa should score there. Great build up play though.

Really should be 2 per 3 up. You get the feeling if we get another before ht it could be a rout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Same old concerns tho, not really making our dominance count.

Willian!!!!

2-0. Great strike Willian. He should back himself more.

justshane wrote: »

I take it back...haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Willian may be limited somewhat but I will always be a fan as he was probably the player who made most effort last season while everyone else was sat around scratching their holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Kante's distribution really is top notch. Nice and simple, keeps the attack flowing and spreads it out wide quick.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Kante's distribution really is top notch. Nice and simple, keeps the attack flowing and spreads it out wide quick.

His passing range is very good as well. He makes a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Johner wrote: »
    His passing range is very good as well. He makes a massive difference.

Love the way when we're building from the back he'll come and between JT and Cahill and play it out. Always looking forward too.

That would have been a lovely goal from Hazard.

Playing some lovely stuff today.

Need to take these chances, could easily be 5-0 by now.

Like to see batman and fab on now.

Goal and assist for Tammy today. That boy is a superstar in the making.

Moses on for Willian

Pedro on for hazard?? I really don't like pedro for us.

• Advertisement

Moses. :)

Great goal. Nice to see Moses score.

Michy is class.

3 subs involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

What a change from start of last year. Looking forward to chelsea playing and subs making a difference when they come on. Just need another center back and we're sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

really impressed with kante and matic today , really worked well together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

We've won just as many league games inside the first month this season as we did in the first three months last season with pretty much the same group of players.

Do people still think we should have sold half the team last year instead of sacking the manager?

• Advertisement

Top of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Do people still think we should have sold half the team last year instead of sacking the manager?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Johner wrote: »
    Top of the league.

Rarified air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Great performance today, had them beat in ten minutes really. Kante is another class altogether. Matic improved again today but I can't help but want Fab out there. Matic is positionally getting better going forward but he just can't add a lot as a threat or distributing. I reckon Oscar and Kante's workrate would compensate plenty for Fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hots wrote: »
    Great performance today, had them beat in ten minutes really. Kante is another class altogether. Matic improved again today but I can't help but want Fab out there. Matic is positionally getting better going forward but he just can't add a lot as a threat or distributing. I reckon Oscar and Kante's workrate would compensate plenty for Fab.

At home to Burnley, you'd think Kante as cover for the defense would be enough

If we didn't get the early goal the game could have easily ended up like United Hull

Maybe if we do get Brozovic from Inter he'll be replacing Matic in the team

• Advertisement

Hate to be pessimistic but it's only a matter of time before this goes up in smoke. We aren't scoring freely enough to compensate for the poor players (Cahill, Ivanovic) in our back 4. It'll catch up on us. There is no title in this squad as it stands IMO. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Also Conte deserves criticism for his failure in the transfer market, managers get plaudits when they make signings (Mourinho at United this summer for example) so they should be criticised when they fail to improve a failing squad. I hope he can pull off the signing or two we need in defensive areas in the coming days but I wouldn't be very hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hate to be pessimistic but it's only a matter of time before this goes up in smoke. We aren't scoring freely enough to compensate for the poor players (Cahill, Ivanovic) in our back 4. It'll catch up on us. There is no title in this squad as it stands IMO. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

I think you're wrong. We'll only get better. We have plenty of goals and finally seem to have a second striker who can chip in with goals and assists. Willian seems to be picking up where he left off last season and Hazard is coming back to form. No CL is going to be a big help. Still think we'll sign a few players before the window closed.

Every player in the starting 11 today had a PL winners medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Also Conte deserves criticism for his failure in the transfer market, managers get plaudits when they make signings (Mourinho at United this summer for example) so they should be criticised when they fail to improve a failing squad. I hope he can pull off the signing or two we need in defensive areas in the coming days but I wouldn't be very hopeful.

Conte has said numerous times we need reinforcements in the squad

It's the board and those dealing with transfers that deserve criticism again, both for not getting permanent deals done and allowing loanees to leave with us short in a lot of positions

Conte's not being backed in the market, little he can do about that himself

Totally agree with this, we need to be putting teams to the sword when we're dominating like that but on this occasion it's also pretty fair to say that if Heaton wasn't on it like he was today we would have at least doubled our tally.

Lukker- wrote:
    I think you're wrong. We'll only get better. We have plenty of goals and finally seem to have a second striker who can chip in with goals and assists. Willian seems to be picking up where he left off last season and Hazard is coming back to form. No CL is going to be a big help. Still think we'll sign a few players before the window closed.

I hope I'm wrong. I guess we will find out in the next month when we play both Liverpool and Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Pretty naive to think that our managers have equal say in transfers as they do in other clubs, I'll hammer that Emanalo drum until he goes and it'll be like a weight is lifted

duploelabs wrote:
    Pretty naive to think that our managers have equal say in transfers as they do in other clubs, I'll hammer that Emanalo drum until he goes and it'll be like a weight is lifted

He's part of it. We'd be singing Conte's praises if we made signings so it's only fair to criticise when we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ah in fairness we had terry blazed over the bar, one cleared off the line and heaton played well too. I don't disagree that there's no title in the squad but not based on performances like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's up to the board. I didn't criticize Jose for the lack of signings last season and I won't blame Conte this season. He just gives them targets, it's up to them to get them.

Conte is also the reason we got Kante too, he probably would have joined Arsenal if Conte hadn't convinced him with a telephone call.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement