Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Luis was very exciting to see live, he defently didn't get enough time with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bid accepted for Brozovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    Bid accepted for Brozovic

Hes meant to be the alternative Conte wants to Naingollan (sp).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Could be good for Bamford, I cant see him making it with us anyway at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Could be good for Bamford, I cant see him making it with us anyway at this stage.

Will be sold next summer I'd imagine, let's hope he has a good spell with them and we get a decent fee. He's a good player but a level below what's required for us.

Johner wrote: »
    Will be sold next summer I'd imagine, let's hope he has a good spell with them and we get a decent fee. He's a good player but a level below what's required for us.

I think we're holding on to Solanke this window and if Remy leaves, it will make him 3rd choice, which might be good for him.

Conte wanted a 4th CF anyway and probably couldnt organise a deal for one that wasnt going to cost mental money (Morata & Lukaku) so decided to go with 1 up top.

We'll only have an issue if both Costa and Batshuayi go down with injuries.

I cant wait for our first real test of the season too.

We've done well to get 3 wins, especially from a position against West Ham when we should have had at least another 1 maybe 2 penalties and had to win and against Watford at 0-0 when we should have had another penalty and had to come back from 1 down. Burnley was a stroll in the park and on another could have been a more embarassing score line for Burnley.

The same fixtures last year went as follows :

West ham - 2-2
    Watford - 0-0
    Burnley - 1-1 (Although that was in 2014/15 when we won the league and Matic got reduced by one of the worse tackles ive seen)

The Watford and West Ham draws were by Guus but the difference between last year and this year in terms of fight and desire, especially after a goal goes in against us, is night and day in the difference.

We've been lauded for the spirit but I would be cautios in putting our names in lights just yet.

We've Swansea away next, always a tricky place to go and then we've a run of 3 very, very hard games, that will tell ya how we're doing.

Pool - Home
    Leicester - Away
    Arsenal - Away

If we have 12 points going into that run and have 15 points after it, I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

"We know that this market is very difficult. It's crazy. I don't want to buy only to buy. I want to buy the right profile for Chelsea, the right investment for the solution and for the future."

I like Contes attitude, sounds like he has a long term plan for success in mind.

Alonso should be done in the next 24 hours. Brozovic doesn't look like it will happen.

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    "We know that this market is very difficult. It's crazy. I don't want to buy only to buy. I want to buy the right profile for Chelsea, the right investment for the solution and for the future."

I like Contes attitude, sounds like he has a long term plan for success in mind.

Chelsea managers and long term rarely, if ever go in the same sentence. :o

It is a better attitude than spending 50-60m on a fella that he may not want, the first window for any new manager is always difficult, I wouldnt judge Conte on this season anyway, the market maybe more sane next summer as theres no international football and the new money allure might be a small bit weaker.

Alonso should be done in the next 24 hours. Brozovic doesn't look like it will happen.

I'm still hopeful we'll get the Alonso and maybe another player in.

Although if we're looking to the Italian leagues I'm assuming its all down to Conte and his staff and its not so much what the scouts or Emenalo have been looking at, therefore, any player coming from Italy is what Conte wants.

Better than getting a Papy Djilobdlji handed to ya after going after Stones all summer. :o

Good loan for him.

peteeeed wrote: »

Benteke and Remy, if they can gel and stay injury free, will do damage for Palace.

Now, with Bamford and Remy gone, we're either going to get in a 3rd CF or keep Solanke as the 3rd choice CF.

Or theres the wild card, RLC as 3rd/4th choice CF. :o

Say hat you like about Twitter, its usually good craic, like this gem
    Kicker : Chelsea still hope to soign Rodriquez from Wolfsburg.

So, it seems according to Kicker, we've loaned a LB to Schalke, buying one from Fiorentina but now also one from Wolfsburg. Love Twitter.

Say hat you like about Twitter, its usually good craic, like this gem
    Kicker : Chelsea still hope to soign Rodriquez from Wolfsburg.

So, it seems according to Kicker, we've loaned a LB to Schalke, buying one from Fiorentina but now also one from Wolfsburg. Love Twitter.

Remy's made of glass and he moves to crystal palace, sounds about right

Remy's made of glass and he moves to crystal palace, sounds about right

When PArdew had him at Newcastle I never remember him being as bad as he was.

Still though, his goals when Costa was injured/Suspended and Drogba wasnt much use, were seriously priceless towards the league win.

• Advertisement

Aguero charged by the FA, time to panic and take him out of the FF.

Kenedy gone on loan to watford.

New LB incoming.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Aguero charged by the FA, time to panic and take him out of the FF.

swap for zlatan

Sky sports quoting The Mail is like deep frying a mars bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The money is clean now ;)

I hope this Luiz news isn't true, he's great character and a very good footballer, just not a great defender.

Remy and Benteke are a lethal combination together. Trust me I had the two for me up top in Fifa and I was unstoppable ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Luiz rumour is good for a laugh :s Although selling and rebuying for less would be a nice novelty I suppose!

swap for zlatan

Already have him :o

• Advertisement

I dont think the Luiz thing is bluff though, I fully expect us to sign a CB by tomorrow night and not someone of Hector or Papy Djilobdjis level. :o

Which is more annoying considering we've a starter injured on the books and another potential starter loaned out.

Here is list of non-HG players over the age of 21, theres currently 14 players on the list meaning without selling or loan anybody on this list, we can add 3 more players and be ok.

Thibaut Courtois
    Eduardo
    Branislav Ivanović
    César Azpilicueta
    N'Golo Kanté
    Oscar
    Eden Hazard
    Pedro
    John Obi Mikel
    Juan Cuadrado
    Nemanja Matić
    Willian
    Diego Costa
    Michy Batshuayi

We can have unlimited amounts of U21s on the list and upto 8 HG players. we have Cesc, JT, Cahill, Moses, Begovic all as over 21 and HG so we can add a further 3 HG players if we like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Just awoke to see the laughable(or so I thought) David Luiz return to Chelsea is now Top Story on SPN :eek:

I've been saying that we will be involved in quite a few 3-2 results (hopefully most going our way) this season, with our current defense personnel. I'd now like to revise that scoreline to a heap of 4-3 scores :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think Conte could have a great influence on Luiz and I know he had his flaws but he had some great games for us too. He's a top guy too and would integrate straight into the squad. Hope we land him tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Seemed unbelievable but I think the luiz deal is gonna go through.

Torn about it while on one level you can't help but like the guy. His skill and flashes of showboat can but fun but are far outweighed by his defensive lapses brazils lose against germany always comes to mind.

Like TimRiggins said you'd hope conte would be able to get him in shape.

Seemed unbelievable but I think the luiz deal is gonna go through.

Torn about it while on one level you can't help but like the guy. His skill and flashes of showboat can but fun but are far outweighed by his defensive lapses brazils lose against germany always comes to mind.

Like TimRiggins said you'd hope conte would be able to get him in shape.

In fairness that Brazil game was a freak result, losing Silva was a big loss beforehand and the pressure on them going into it was crazy.

It may all end in tears again but at this point i'd rather have Luiz then no center half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

TimRiggins wrote: »
    In fairness that Brazil game was a freak result, losing Silva was a big loss beforehand and the pressure on them going into it was crazy.

It may all end in tears again but at this point i'd rather have Luiz then no center half.

agreed on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

When david luis goes on a run and asks Kante for the ball
    https://vine.co/v/5BOeWBXKVgX

Luiz is still better than Cahill, Ivan, Mizaga, Clarke-Salter or Mikel.

I'd take him back but I doubt hes going to be a long term solution at his age, for the right now, I'd take him but it shows a paniced approach to signing a CB when other targets were missed and thats very worrying.

Whats going to happen when we need to replace someone like Costa or Hazard?

someone on the chelsea twitter is having fun
    the david luiz invented term

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/770894067542724608

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If Luiz does join and we're stuck for a CB, I've an idea.
    Luiz and Kante in mid, stick Matic in CB!

Panthro wrote: »
    If Luiz does join and we're stuck for a CB, I've an idea.
    Luiz and Kante in mid, stick Matic in CB!

We still have Mikel for CB anyway :pac:

Can we sign Ricky Carvalho back too?

someone on the chelsea twitter is having fun
    the david luiz invented term

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/770894067542724608

Carvalhos a free agent and only 38, maybe we'll sign him.

A prime Carvalho was a dream CB. :o

Alonso is done, he followed Chelsea on Twitter. :pac:

Alonso is done, he followed Chelsea on Twitter. :pac:

Medical is meant to be this morning so the club should announce it soon.

To be honest I hope sideshow does return, was one of my fav players and definitely a player that would be great for morale(he even believed in Torres when he couldn't hit a barn door).

Ability wise he's certainly not as bad as some people are making out on social media, was solid enough beside JT most of the time. Haven't watched much French football recently but maybe he's matured!��

justshane wrote: »
    To be honest I hope sideshow does return, was one of my fav players and definitely a player that would be great for morale(he even believed in Torres when he couldn't hit a barn door).

Ability wise he's certainly not as bad as some people are making out on social media, was solid enough beside JT most of the time. Haven't watched much French football recently but maybe he's matured!��

technically great but like mikel has not concept of that giving away a free kick on the edge of your own box is a bad thing

Cuadrado to Juventus on loan is meant to be done, will be announced in the coming hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use for reliable sources about what goes on at Chelsea?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement