Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

12 hours left to get the house in order. :o

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use for reliable sources about what goes on at Chelsea?

Being honest, I dont think we have any great or concrete sources, Matt Law used to be good, Duncn Castles with his links to Jose had a decent grasp of issues before, Rob Beasley has connections with the club but doesnt say much unless its pretty nailed on. Di Marzio has a wide range of contacts and is usually a decent source for any transfer and a few of his team, especially David Amoyal have good links in Italy and write good pieces.

Theres a few people on Twitter I follow for news and other things that havent spouted out ITK or "source" stuff but havent said much about transfers either recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys use for reliable sources about what goes on at Chelsea?

A piece of seaweed hanging outside my front door and how many times my dog turns round in his bed before he lies down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Being honest, I dont think we have any great or concrete sources, Matt Law used to be good, Duncn Castles with his links to Jose had a decent grasp of issues before, Rob Beasley has connections with the club but doesnt say much unless its pretty nailed on. Di Marzio has a wide range of contacts and is usually a decent source for any transfer and a few of his team, especially David Amoyal have good links in Italy and write good pieces.

Theres a few people on Twitter I follow for news and other things that havent spouted out ITK or "source" stuff but havent said much about transfers either recently.

Yeah it's hard to separate the real from the fake nowadays. I usually presume everythings bullsh1t till proven otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

To be honest that is as good, if not better than most
    duploelabs wrote: »
    A piece of seaweed hanging outside my front door and how many times my dog turns round in his bed before he lies down

Newsnow is good for an overall list of latest fabricated / drivel / true stories, by and large most websites are click bait. WAGNH is quite good but mainly a little behind the times.

• Advertisement

To be honest that is as good, if not better than most

Newsnow is good for an overall list of latest fabricated / drivel / true stories, by and large most websites are click bait. WAGNH is quite good but mainly a little behind the times.

Chelsea HQ on Twitter usually post all articles/interviews etc about Chels too. Usually check on their a few times a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Linked with a loan move for Aymen Abdennour from Valencia.

Can't say I know much about him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

REPORT : Chelsea are in talk with Moussa Sissoko via L'Equipe. Player and agent in London. Battle with #THFC. #CFC #DeadlineDay

Mangala is on the way out of City, younger and probably in the same price bracket as Luiz but cant see City selling him to an EPL side.

REPORT : Chelsea are in talk with Moussa Sissoko via L'Equipe. Player and agent in London. Battle with #THFC. #CFC #DeadlineDay

We cant let Spurs have nice things. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

We cant let Spurs have nice things. :o

They do good medicals though..........

Cesc has turned down a loan to AC Milan

You couldnt make this up but here we are.....

We sign Luiz for 21m and give them Matic.
    We re-sign Matic for 23m
    We sell David Luiz for 50m
    We're bidding 32m for David Luiz.

When we're bad, we're really bad at this transfer lark

I doubt the club know who we'll end up with by the end of the day tbh.

Over the years we've been good in the transfer market, Conte starting late this summer hasn't helped and we've signed two gems already but our pursuit for defenders has been a shambles.

Johner wrote: »
    Over the years we've been good in the transfer market, Conte starting late this summer hasn't helped and we've signed two gems already but our pursuit for defenders has been a shambles.

The only positive out of all this is that surely Tony won't allow this to happen again while he's in charge. Atleast we can hopefully move Azpi back to RB and Kante offers the defenders protection like no one else.

Alonso is meant to be an excellent crosser of the ball. Azpi will be much better from the right hand side too.

Luiz is happening.

BREAKING: News from our Matt Law and Jason Burt
    By Matt Law and Jason Burt

Antonio Conte has given his blessing to a sensational move for Chelsea to re-sign David Luiz from Paris Saint-Germain.

Chelsea were initially lukewarm on the idea of taking Luiz back to Stamford Bridge when he was offered to them on Wednesday, but head coach Conte has now given the green light on the transfer.

PSG are thought to want £38million for Luiz with negotiations underway for the Brazilian to potentially make a return to Chelsea just two years after leaving for £50m.

Luiz is a big favourite of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, and it is looking increasingly likely that a deal will be struck before tonight's deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Johner wrote: »
    Luiz is happening.

hmmm, don;t know what to make of this to be honest, maybe he can be more suited under Conte - he did seem to really improve when he went to PSG, so maybe it was Mourinho that didn't suit.

We shall see... to be honest, I thought it was the onion when I 1st saw the headline :)

Kante will be delighted with all the extra work he'll get to do.

• Advertisement

Luiz was never worth £50m, hes not worth the £32m we apparently offered and for re-buffed on but its deadline day and I'm assuming Luiz is probably well down our list of CBs going into ttis summer.

I keep telling myself at least we have Zouma and Christensen to come back.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Kante will be delighted with all the extra work he'll get to do.

I wouldnt be surprised if hes thrown into a CM role again next to Kante and Oscar/Cesc/Matic

I wouldnt be surprised if hes thrown into a CM role again next to Kante and Oscar/Cesc/Matic

Can't see Conte playing him there tbh, I think Conte might go to a back three with Luiz - JT - Zouma when Kurt is back fit.

I don't think getting Luiz back is negative, I really like the guys attitude. Much has been made of his positional sense but it is significantly better than Ivan's or Cahill's and at least he does have some pace to recover. As long as he does not take free kicks it is all right they can be a bit hit and miss but with Oscar, Haz, Willian and possibly Cesc around it is unlikely he would get a look in I guess.

Luiz, JT and Zouma could be a nice back 3 this year with Christensen, Luiz and Zouma next season

Was full sure he'd miss. Huge penalty after going 1 down too.

Theres a serious lack of any real quality CBs around anyway, being honest, I'd nearly Koulidably if we wanted him this long and go for him in January or more likely, next summer.

Yea me too such a long run up but some bottle and then this happened

Theres a serious lack of any real quality CBs around anyway, being honest, I'd nearly Koulidably if we wanted him this long and go for him in January or more likely, next summer.

The fact that he knows the club and alot of the players is a plus too. Would really have to intergrate into the squad, lifestyle or the style of play.

• Advertisement

If Luiz comes back all we need then is Mata paired with an Italian manager CL is ours next season done deal

Scenes when Luiz gets the winner at Old trafford. :pac:

30m for Luiz apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Atsu on loan to Newcastle. Any thoughts on him lads?

That_Guy wrote: »

A strange one, he done very well for us on pre-season and was loaned out anyway, I actually thought a few years back we'd keep him on but hes bounced around on loan after loan despite having a clear talent.

Hes probably not a top 6 talent but he should be well able for the Championship and Rafa might spur him on. We only paid about 3m for him too I think so if he does go, barring a serious break out year with ye guys, we'll probably sell him on for a tiny profit.

That_Guy wrote: »

Difficult to say I really thought he looked very good but his loan with Bournemouth was nothing short of a disaster. Might be a confidence thing but he certainly looked very good a few years back.

• Advertisement

Cuadrado to Juventus is all but confirmed.

Official Paris based newspaper have said its €40m and add ons and Luiz has departed for London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Wasn't there talk of Luiz taking the captains armband before he left for Paris?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Wasn't there talk of Luiz taking the captains armband before he left for Paris?

Hes the kind of character on field that Conte would love I'd assume.

The more options we have at CB that dont include Mikel I'm all for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ten years ago we signed one of the best LBs in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Little over a year ago we let one of todays best LBs in the world leave

But hey Marcos Alonso, ya never know

• Advertisement

The way this window has gone with Lukaku and Luiz, I'm surprised we didnt offer to take him off LA Galaxy. :pac:

I'm awaiting the day we bid for De Bruyne, Mata and Schurrle too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Alonso confirmed by Fiorentina.

http://it.violachannel.tv/vc13-dettaglio-breaking/items/id-31-08-2016_17-34-47_alonso-ceduto-al-chelsea.html

ACF Fiorentina comunica di aver ceduto, a titolo definitivo, i diritti alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore Marcos Alonso Mendoza al Chelsea Football Club.

ACF Fiorentina announces that it has sold , outright , to the rights of the player Marcos Alonso Mendoza at Chelsea Football Club .

Alonso done.

Chopper arrrives, its not Alonso and Luiz isnt having a medical for another hour or two.

We're 100% signing James.

Cuadrado confirmed back to Juventus.

Loan player number 32 to leave so far. Probably be another one or wo join him. Mizaga will be gone soon I'd say.

Edit : I think hes the 33rd to leave. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What do you bet we loan Alonso back to Fiorentina now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm hoping for an Azpiliqueta esque signing with Alonso. Under the radar but a solid player.

The Brozovic deal is off, he wants to stay at Inter.

We haven't agreed a few with PSG yet for Luiz, they aren't keen on making a £20m loss.

So with CB and LB potentially sorted, that leaves CM. Don't particularly think we need a CM but Sissoko would be a useful player IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement