Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    7 - No player has suffered more fouls in a single Premier League game this season than Diego Costa (7) has against Swansea.

Victim.

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »
    Ha!

Insightful input.

I look forward to the next one. :)

CsGoqeyVUAAmpI4.jpg

I wonder why cahill is upset. :pac:

Insightful input.

I look forward to the next one. :)

Thought you were being ironic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Good fight back and second. Hope fab starts on Friday and some more work done on the defence. Luiz to start and get a goal.

• Advertisement

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Good fight back and second. Hope fab starts on Friday and some more work done on the defence. Luiz to start and get a goal.

He has to, kante is a fantastic ball winner and tidy on the ball but Cescs ability to create and get the team moving quicker isnt matched anywhere else in our squad.

I'd sacrifice Oscar or Matic for him at the drop of a hat, bring on Matic if we need some extra protection in CM for the last 20mins and the job is done.

Theres also an awful lot of trust put in those not performing, namely Willian who looked disgusted coming off at 2-1 down after playing pretty average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Strange that willian looks to have go back to himself or was it just everyone else was so useless last year. Roll on Friday beat the pool and be top.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Strange that willian looks to have go back to himself or was it just everyone else was so useless last year. Roll on Friday beat the pool and be top.

I'm confident, what this result and how it came about, should spur the players on.

Pool are on the back of a fantastic result themselves but I'm much more confident going into a big game now, than I would have been this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Conte does seem to have made Ivan defend a bit better again in fairness, TBo is not progressing at all he was a little unlucky with the peno (was a certain peno though) but he could have stayed on his feet striker was going towards the corner flag his decision making is questionable really.
    Cahill can cry all he likes he called for the ball and yes it was a definite foul and the ref was worse than useless but he could have brought Fer down as easily and made the ref give a decision, he most likely would have bottled that and given the free out. If JT is injured Friday I would be tempted to play Ivan and Luiz as CB's Cahill simply is not good enough.
    Costa is playing well and again getting no protection at all from referee's his booking was a joke as well. Yesterday was Hazards worst game of the season played very well first half dont know where he was second half.

Conte does seem to have made Ivan defend a bit better again in fairness, TBo is not progressing at all he was a little unlucky with the peno (was a certain peno though) but he could have stayed on his feet striker was going towards the corner flag his decision making is questionable really.
    Cahill can cry all he likes he called for the ball and yes it was a definite foul and the ref was worse than useless but he could have brought Fer down as easily and made the ref give a decision, he most likely would have bottled that and given the free out. If JT is injured Friday I would be tempted to play Ivan and Luiz as CB's Cahill simply is not good enough.
    Costa is playing well and again getting no protection at all from referee's his booking was a joke as well. Yesterday was Hazards worst game of the season played very well first half dont know where he was second half.

I reckon JT will struggle to make Fridays game, Luiz should be starting anyway over Cahill but if JT is out, the pairing that won the UCL should start. :P

Hazard has a decent record against Pool, we're seeing what a fit and motivated Costa can do, his performance yesterday was sublime and yes, he gets no protection, hes seen as the bully, thats not going to change the media have it in for him, whats worse is, he doesnt get the frees/penalties he should get because of it and the opposition are allowed to wind him up much more than he can ever do.

All he can do is keep scoring and shutting people up and hopefully we'll get a compotent set of officials for Friday night.

• Advertisement

I reckon JT will struggle to make Fridays game, Luiz should be starting anyway over Cahill but if JT is out, the pairing that won the UCL should start. :P

Hazard has a decent record against Pool, we're seeing what a fit and motivated Costa can do, his performance yesterday was sublime and yes, he gets no protection, hes seen as the bully, thats not going to change the media have it in for him, whats worse is, he doesnt get the frees/penalties he should get because of it and the opposition are allowed to wind him up much more than he can ever do.

All he can do is keep scoring and shutting people up and hopefully we'll get a compotent set of officials for Friday night.

oh come on Gav - you can't for one second believe that he's the innocent party in all this. He antagonises defenders, winds them up, torments them, uses every trick in the book. He wants defenders to be caught fouling him. He plays his game on that edge and it works for him and Chelsea, but you really can't complain when he's on the receiving end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

oh come on Gav - you can't for one second believe that he's the innocent party in all this. He antagonises defenders, winds them up, torments them, uses every trick in the book. He wants defenders to be caught fouling him. He plays his game on that edge and it works for him and Chelsea, but you really can't complain when he's on the receiving end.

I have to be careful what I post but .... What a load of old cobblers ..

Nah, its nowhere near fair or just. Defenders usually get more in the way of leeway to rile him up.

He doesnt help himself and his history doesnt help but hes often kicked around the place and roughed up without any calls going his way.

Will probably be the same on Friday night but as long as he keeps scoring I couldnt give a toss.

You surely cannot believe that post for one second. Is he an angel? No (how many top flight strikers are) but he is entitled to the same protection as anyone else from the referee and match day officials. If the defender fouls him why should they get away with it that is a totally illogical argument

At one stage yesterday a free kick was awarded against Swansea, the player who committed the foul picked up the ball put it behind his back and proceeded to roar at the referee. Costa received a booking in each of the first two games for similar but lesser offences. Costa should have known better and there was no excuse at all for the second booking he had his warning the complaint is (which you do not want to see) he is being singled out.

So basically you accept and condone that it is reasonable for there to be two sets of rules rules

You surely cannot believe that post for one second. Is he an angel? No (how many top flight strikers are) but he is entitled to the same protection as anyone else from the referee and match day officials. If the defender fouls him why should they get away with it that is a totally illogical argument

At one stage yesterday a free kick was awarded against Swansea, the player who committed the foul picked up the ball put it behind his back and proceeded to roar at the referee. Costa received a booking in each of the first two games for similar but lesser offences. Costa should have known better and there was no excuse at all for the second booking he had his warning the complaint is (which you do not want to see) he is being singled out.

So basically you accept and condone that it is reasonable for there to be two sets of rules rules

no but that's the game he plays - on the edge, constantly testing refs and opponent players to see what he can get away with. Very intelligent and it works for him. If refs are less lenient to him than they should be then obviously that's wrong but it is a by-product of the way he chooses to play.

no but that's the game he plays - on the edge, constantly testing refs and opponent players to see what he can get away with. Very intelligent and it works for him. If refs are less lenient to him than they should be then obviously that's wrong but it is a by-product of the way he chooses to play.

But you specifically stated that he wants defenders to be caught fouling him, how many strikers want defenders to get away with fouling them? Why would he not want the defender to be caught?

Being a referee at the top level cannot be easy pretty much every player on the pitch is trying to get away with something. Going after Costa because he is seen as an easy target is just cowardly in my opinion. If you are going to do a job do it properly otherwise do not do it at all.

But you specifically stated that he wants defenders to be caught fouling him, how many strikers want defenders to get away with fouling them? Why would he not want the defender to be caught?

Being a referee at the top level cannot be easy pretty much every player on the pitch is trying to get away with something. Going after Costa because he is seen as an easy target is just cowardly in my opinion. If you are going to do a job do it properly otherwise do not do it at all.

Yes plenty of strikers do the same, he does seem to want to rile defenders to such a point that they are prepared to do something rash though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

At one stage yesterday a free kick was awarded against Swansea, the player who committed the foul picked up the ball put it behind his back and proceeded to roar at the referee. Costa received a booking in each of the first two games for similar but lesser offences. Costa should have known better and there was no excuse at all for the second booking he had his warning the complaint is (which you do not want to see) he is being singled out
    I do believe that was from a tackle by Kante where he actually got the ball and the Swansea player went down and grabbed the ball, I was full sure that the ref was going to give that our way as a deliberate hand ball but as he had already shown he bottled that decision too.

Yes plenty of strikers do the same, he does seem to want to rile defenders to such a point that they are prepared to do something rash though.

Which surely is excellent play by the striker? Most sides want a striker who unsettles defences some are much cuter than others but ALL successful strikers do that.
    I fail to see why he should be penalised for doing his job well, that after all is why Chelsea paid a lot of money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

great isnt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Love this man and his bestial roar once the final whistle went

GaseousSeriousCivet.gif

I honestly think much of the flak Diego gets stems from jealousy, that other teams lack the passion man for man that he has. The game is so sanitized now, honestly watching some teams playing bores the life out of me, no urgency, no passion, like watching office workers ping the ball around for 90 minutes.

Lukker- wrote: »

I honestly think much of the flak Diego gets stems from jealousy, that other teams lack the passion man for man that he has. The game is so sanitized now, honestly watching some teams playing bores the life out of me, no urgency, no passion, like watching office workers ping the ball around for 90 minutes.

I'd love him at Arsenal - it's great to have a player that can drive opposition players and supporters so mad and be able to back it up by being a very effective striker. But with the way he plays the game he does reap what he sows.

I hate being robbed of 3 points too.

Era be grand, beat Liverpool 1-0 on Friday via an offside Costa goal after he should have been sent off for nutting Couthino, be grand.

On a side note, how good would De Bruyne be in this Conte Chelsea team nexto Kante in place of Oscar?

I honestly cant wait to see the back of Oscar, hes become the one Chelsea player I look forward the most, not playing games.

Hes not creative enough with the ball, hes not prolific in scoring, hes a willing runner and able to put in a tackle. In essence, we've got a white Ramires with a bit more talent who, despite playing with Matic and Kante around him, hasnt improved any great degree going forward.

Such a waste of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hands up if you didn't know that Gav has no time for Oscar.....

Nobody?!
    Haha!

Costa is a hero. If he plays like he did for the rest of the season, it would be ultimate amazeballs

Panthro wrote: »
    Hands up if you didn't know that Gav has no time for Oscar.....

Nobody?!
    Haha!

Costa is a hero. If he plays like he did for the rest of the season, it would be ultimate amazeballs

Worse mistake we ever made in the transfer market isnt letting Schurrle, De Bruyne or Lukaku go, its noteven signing Bogarde or Shevchenko, its not accepting the mental Chinese money for Oscar.

For that reason alone, the Board and Emenalo should have been sent to the Gulags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

8c5a806bef1c464ca013e4756428b3c0?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hate being robbed of 3 points too.

Era be grand, beat Liverpool 1-0 on Friday via an offside Costa goal after he should have been sent off for nutting Couthino, be grand.

As a Liverpool fan, this is exactly what I'm frightened of.

Also, there's no way it'll be 1-0.
    4-3 or 3-2...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

As a Liverpool fan, this is exactly what I'm frightened of.

Also, there's no way it'll be 1-0.
    4-3 or 3-2...

Will it be a case of least worse defence wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Friday is the exact kind of game that David Luiz will pop up with a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Worse mistake we ever made in the transfer market isnt letting Schurrle, De Bruyne or Lukaku go, its noteven signing Bogarde or Shevchenko, its not accepting the mental Chinese money for Oscar.

For that reason alone, the Board and Emenalo should have been sent to the Gulags.

Oscar is having his best start to a season in my opinion, he assisted Costa Sunday for the first one with a clever pass. I, like most fans want Cesc starting, but on this seasons form I'd rather drop Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

justshane wrote: »
    Oscar is having his best start to a season in my opinion, he assisted Costa Sunday for the first one with a clever pass. I, like most fans want Cesc starting, but on this seasons form I'd rather drop Matic.

100% agree, haven't been a fan of Oscar for the last couple of seasons but he's definitely improving. With his and Kante's workrate we should be able to carry Cesc and lose fairly little from Matic being dropped.

I'd agree with the majority that with Kante, we dont really need another CM thats pretty defensive minded, that being said, I'd prefer Luiz or Matic next to Kante and Cesc slightly in front of them than I would Oscar in any of the positions on the pitch.

For whatever reason hes never proved his quality consistently for Chelsea, before, the line trotted out was he needed a summer off after the Olympics, Copa America, World Cup but its not worked out.

I've said it elsewhere, hes not good enough to be an out an out #10, hes not good enough to be a box to box warrior like Lampard and he cant dictate a game from deep like Cesc can.

Hes decent at all of those positions but for a pretty specific role, I dont think hes good enough and shouldnt be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Who are we playing in Europe lads ? :P

.. funny I still catch myself momentarily wondering when our first european game is .. :D

• Advertisement

Who are we playing in Europe lads ? :P

.. funny I still catch myself momentarily wondering when our first european game is .. :D

We did just draw away in Wales on Sunday so that was our European journey for the season. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Luiz to give away a penalty, score and OG and score a hat trick as we win 3-2.

Heard it here first.

Himself and Cahill won the UCL with 2 fit legs between them, theyll be grand against Liverpool.

Martin Atkinson is the man in the middle on Friday night.

I'm just glad its not Jon Moss and hopefully we dont see Marriner for some time, unless he turns up with a guide dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Did I even need to check who scored for Bristol City? The man is an animal.

7 in 9 for him now.

And another goal. 0-2.

7/7 in the league.

For an 18 year old, thats some return.

Just checked, hes top scorer in the championship. If he keeps this up he'll be up and around 20 league goals for the year.

Be like Bamfords season a few years back but hes still only 18.

Spurs have lost their last 5 games at Wembley.

Should have rented somewhere better suited to them.

Congrats to Leicester though, with Porto only drawing and visiting the King Power next week, they've a real chance of top the group if they can win that game too.

Be a good start to the weekend if we manage a win.

Arsenal - a
    Hull - a
    Leicester - h
    Utd - h
    Southampton - a
    Everton - h

Thats the next 6 games, theres no gimmies there anyway. If we pick up 15 or so points from the next 21 available (liverpool included) I'd be happy.

Conte said Luiz is starting, Cesc is training well and will feature from the start soon if he keeps it up. RLC is 3rd choice CF and Alonso will start vs Leicester in the League Cup.

So its Ivan, Cahill, Luiz and Dave back 4 :(.

Not confident in the least.

So its Ivan, Cahill, Luiz and Dave back 4 :(.

Not confident in the least.

Ya, its not really inspiring is it?

I'd say the nearly rans will get a shot in the Leicester game, if Cahill or Luiz f**k up in the next 2 games one will be dropped for JT.

The team picks itself for tomorrow night

Tbo
    Ivan Cahill Luiz Azp
    Willian Oscar Kante Matic Hazard
    Costa

However, for the Leicester game I hope we change it up

Begovic
    Aina Cahill Luiz Alonso
    Chalobah Cesc
    Moses RLC Pedro
    Batshuayi

• Advertisement