Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If and when we get a new stadium at the Bridge and the capacity is up around 60k, I hope the fans dont do a Man City on it and only half fill the stadium, like last nights game with Gladbach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Confident about tonight?

I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Confident about tonight?

I am.

Costa to tear it up!

Panthro wrote: »
    Costa to tear it up!

He has an Anfield winner against them too.

Although, last years game at the Bridge was a shambles, especially Clattenburg adding on about an extra 90secs in first half extra time and Coutihno scoring.

We did fall apart though and if Liverpool do beat us this time, we wont be falling apart and putting in such a dire performance.

It'll most likely be ivan-Luiz-Cahill-Dave at the back.
    I'd prefer to go Dave-ivan-Luiz-Alonso.

Traore scored his first goal for Ajax last night.

It'll most likely be ivan-Luiz-Cahill-Dave at the back.
    I'd prefer to go Dave-ivan-Luiz-Alonso.

It's probablt going to be the former

I'd prefer JT or Zouma back there though, I'm no fan of Ivan at CB. :o

I know Conte wants us to build from the back, Kante always offers a short out ball for the goal keeper or CBs so its easier for them to take a ball and play it short through the middle of the pitch.

With Luiz though I'm not sure hows he going to operate tonight or how Conte wants him to perform. Conte will be aware of his footballing ability but I'd imagine he'd have like to work with him on the defensive side of his and the backlines awareness for anoter week or two before throwing him into the fold.

The simple thing is our best XI is better than their best XI, football doesnt work like that I know but I'm confident enough we'll at least get a point but naturally, you want to win as many of your home games as possible.

Is zouma nearing a return? Be great to have him back.

• Advertisement

Is zouma nearing a return? Be great to have him back.

I think October but I wouldnt be surprised to see his return pushed back until hes 100% ready.

He'll be a huge addition for Conte too, will give him the option to go to a back 3 but I dont know will he use it, it would take some working on the training ground. Most of the players have played in a 4231/4141 formation for years.

So with Costa likely to score and get sent off, Luiz likely to score and cost us a goal and Hazard always plays well against Pool and seems to score against them reguarly too, we're going to win 3-1 or 3-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I'm feeling good about this game ... this could be a bad thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Are you okay????:pac:

Rahman got the winner for Schalke last night.

Theres a turn up for the books. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Now I'm terrified

We are due a rant from a certain former prime ape if we lose.

Its going to hapen sooner or later, hopefully not tonight though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Not so confident for tonight myself, they are attacking very smoothly and we're all over the lace at the back and even moreso without Terry... going by current form could easily be 3-3.

hots wrote: »
    Not so confident for tonight myself, they are attacking very smoothly and we're all over the lace at the back and even moreso without Terry... going by current form could easily be 3-3.

We've only left 7 shots on target in 4 games...granted 4 of those have been goals too but I dont think its going to be as open as that.

We're slight favourites IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Both teams seem to be a little hit and miss. Us hit and miss in the same game dire first 60 or so V Watford then pretty good, Excellent first 45 minutes V Swansea then dire.

Sort of depends which team turn up and 3-3 would not really surprise me as our defence is still shocking held together by Kantetape®

Both teams seem to be a little hit and miss. Us hit and miss in the same game dire first 60 or so V Watford then pretty good, Excellent first 45 minutes V Swansea then dire.

Sort of depends which team turn up and 3-3 would not really surprise me as our defence is still shocking held together by Kantetape®

Sure dont we have Ivan Cahill and Luiz in the back 3.

What could possibily go wrong. :D

Batshuyi will be on the sidelines, he'll pick up Klopp and he'll say...

https://youtu.be/Dz0egrNk83U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I think we'll win tonight. We have Kante.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chelsea (4-1-4-1): Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, David Luiz, Azpi; Kante; Willian, Oscar, Matic, Hazard; Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No surprises so

No real surprise there, seems to have settled on his first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

How the actual **** is Matic starting ahead of Fabregas. He's been ****ing abject again. Waste of a jersey.

Whole team did turn up for 20 mins but he's looked completely lost.

What's that now 6 goals conceded from 10 shots on target. The organization goes to shift once JT is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

That's as bad as any half from last season. And the you can point to the same problems. Defence all over the place (and as much as people are dying to see him **** up, Luiz has been the most competent of the 4), midfield offering absolutely nothing and as a result Hazard and Costa are frozen out of the game.

Fabregas needs to come on, but that alone isn't enough. An attitude change is needed and serious upping of the tempo. Matic or Oscar can go off, neither are contributing anything on or off the ball. Willian is full on back to his old self too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

How the actual **** is Matic starting ahead of Fabregas. He's been ****ing abject again. Waste of a jersey.

Whole team did turn up for 20 mins but he's looked completely lost.

What's that now 6 goals conceded from 10 shots on target. The organization goes to shift once JT is missing.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Fab for matic and batshuayi for willian. Support badly needed for Costa

Crackle wrote: »
    That's as bad as any half from last season. And the you can point to the same problems. Defence all over the place (and as much as people are dying to see him **** up, Luiz has been the most competent of the 4), midfield offering absolutely nothing and as a result Hazard and Costa are frozen out of the game.

Fabregas needs to come on, but that alone isn't enough. An attitude change is needed and serious upping of the tempo. Matic or Oscar can go off, neither are contributing anything on or off the ball. Willian is full on back to his old self too.

Willian had a good first half of last season but bar the run of 5-6 free kicks he only stood out due to the fact he was the only really trying.
    Now Costa and other players are back at 100% and his set piece threat has gone he's reverted to the average winger he was.

Liverpool are the first team we've played who can expose the shambles of a back four we didn't address all summer. Missing JT is the straw that broke the camels back. There's no one organizing the set piece defense for the 1st goal. Then Matic and Cahill give Henderson all the time to hit a worldie. :mad:

Luiz has been good on the ball but bar Kante he's had no outball.

On another note, Fcuk me the Sky analysis is sickeningly biased. Liverpool are completely the better team but you'd swear they're Brazil 1970 they ****e they're raving on about.

I want to see conte screaming " I will kill you"

I also think/hope that we're coming to the end of Ivanovic at right back. Slot Alonso in at left back, swap Dave over and hopefully a bit of balance will be restored (namely a back four all playing in their natural positions). Should also help going forward, Dave won't have to cut inside and Alonso surely can't be worse than Ivanovic when it comes to crossing the ball.

Come on Chelsea. Costa the man again.

First confident bit of play by Matic. Maybe they sense Liverpool tiring?

Leaving the subs very late again. Oscar should be taken of 20 mins ago ffs. Hazard lucky to still be on as well.

Can't understand how he'd let them chase there tails for nearly 85 mins without making the changes.

Hazards been a total pussy the last 2 games. Going down under marginal contact, staying down, afraid to shoot or run at people.

Conte should sub him like in the West ham game when he stops being direct.

• Advertisement

That's a handball all day long. There's not one decent ref in the premier league. Everyone of them is ****ing useless.

Manager lost this game tonight, was painfully obvious that changes needed to be made before half time.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Manager lost this game tonight, was painfully obvious that changes needed to be made before half time.

Can't understand how batshuayi hasn't come on and why fabregas isn't starting. And Ivan?? Sweet Jesus

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Wouldn't place all the blame on him (though he deserves any and all criticism for leaving changes till the 83rd minute), the players deserve a kick up the arse for that. Ivanovic had an absolute nightmare. Poor discipline, out of position time and again and still can't cross a ****ing ball.

Cahill's passing was poor tonight. It's like he was trying to show he can do the long passes like Luiz, except he can't.

Overall just a frustrating night. Like I said at half time, it was like last season again. No energy, no fight. Even after pulling a goal back, there was no kick on from it.

Changes came way too late, we were shocking all night.

Very poor stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

It's getting really frustrating seeing Fabregas starting on the bench. That he wasn't brought on until after 80 minutes was a joke.

The whole first half was abysmal tonight. So much possession given away it was hard to watch the match at times. Costa must have been ready to murder someone at half time.

We need to perform a hell of a lot better against the big teams for the rest of the season or we'll be struggling to get top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

It's going to be very hard to get top 4

Oops :(

Cheer up lads, accept that there are 4 big teams in Europe right now.

Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Bayern
    Man City

UCL will be contested between these teams and they will win their respective leagues (take your pick for Spain)

We are a small club again, it's all relative.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Any chance we could bring Lamps back?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Cheer up lads, accept that there are 4 big teams in Europe right now.

Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Bayern
    Man City

UCL will be contested between these teams and they will win their respective leagues (take your pick for Spain)

We are a small club again, it's all relative.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement