Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

For all the stick non believers give him is it no wonder Chelsea fans love Luiz?

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/9/21/13000544/david-luiz-chelsea-fan-shirt-leicester-city

He has only been back a wet weekend and its like he has never been away.

I seen that on his Instagram alright.

I reckon he'll be much better this time around but any goal we leave in the pundits will be looking to see if and where Luiz was at fault for them.

Against Pool at least they had the sense to see it was Cahills fault for the 2nd and as a whole, the team shipped the 1st goal with shambolic defending.

Luiz was a bit of a loose cannon against Leicester towards the end but Cahill was brutal for 90mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If Luiz did what Stones did for City against Swansea last night it would have been all over Sky News press etc but Stones and Cahill get an easy ride because they are English.

Sideshow will be just fine I am sure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/22/how-diego-costa-replaced-didier-drogba-at-chelsea-as-arsenals-to/
    How Diego Costa replaced Didier Drogba at Chelsea as Arsenal's tormentor in chief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

If Luiz did what Stones did for City against Swansea last night it would have been all over Sky News press etc but Stones and Cahill get an easy ride because they are English.

Sideshow will be just fine I am sure.

The press are dying for Luiz to make a mistake. You could even see it the other night during the Leicester match.

The press are dying for Luiz to make a mistake. You could even see it the other night during the Leicester match.

Its going to happen at some stage, all players make mistakes.

I just hope JT is back for tomorrows game, we need his leadership skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Rumours that we will go 3-5-2 this weekend. I'd be happy with that.

Tbo
    Cahill. Terry. Luiz.
    Dave Alonso
    Kante
    Oscar. Cesc.
    Costa. Haz.

justshane wrote: »

Tbo
    Cahill. Terry. Luiz.
    Dave Alonso
    Kante
    Oscar. Cesc.
    Costa. Haz.

I cant see him dropping Matic, Cesc deserves to start so I'd be dropping Oscar first.

Tbo
    Cahill. Terry. Luiz.
    Dave Alonso
    Kante
    Oscar. Cesc.
    Costa. Haz.

Team has way toooooooooo much Cahill :(

Really I would play Ivan at CB before Cahill

Team has way toooooooooo much Cahill :(

Really I would play Ivan at CB before Cahill

Carvalhos a free agent isnt he? :o

Just read this piece by a Man United supporter regarding David Luiz, nice to see some logic being applied (though it does show Terry Butcher to be something of a pillock)

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/why-terry-butchers-punditry-on-david-luiz-was-the-worst-in-human-history-paul-ansorge?

• Advertisement

Ahhh the art of defending by Terry Butcher.

Basically dont have a fancy hair cut (Cahill) or big hair (Luiz) a good blade 3 all over should see you right.

Next, socks, they cant be knee high, even though all socks are that long.

Undershorts, they mustnt be worn at all, because that stops ya defending too.

JTs out tomorrow.

Zouma back training next week and match ready in about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Great that means Cahill in the starting team tomorrow

GavRedKing wrote: »
    JTs out tomorrow.

Zouma back training next week and match ready in about 3 weeks.

Arsenal fans will be delighted to see Cahill togging out bummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd be looking at Ivan at CB if I were Conte.

Ya a back four of Ivan Cahill Luiz Azp going away to Arsenal isnt exactly great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's pretty disgraceful that after our shortcomings in defence being made pretty obvious for two years or more now that we're still in the situation where we are fûcked when terry is injured.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    It's pretty disgraceful that after our shortcomings in defence being made pretty obvious for two years or more now that we're still in the situation where we are fûcked when terry is injured.

Thats why Luiz is back, Zouma is a few weeks from being back too so we'll be back to our best very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats why Luiz is back, Zouma is a few weeks from being back too so we'll be back to our best very soon.

Love your optimism Gav.

• Advertisement

Cahill was always average, nut consistently average which wasn't too bad as you,what to expect, but this year he's just a liability, anytime he gets the ball it's heart in the mouth stuff. Jes what would we do for a young fit Desailly or Ricki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tammy again. This boy is special.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

10 for the season now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta; Kante; Willian, Fabregas, Matic, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chelsea subs v Arsneal: Begovic, Marcos Alonso, Chalobah, Oscar, Moses, Pedro, Batshuayi. #CFC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ivanovic and Cahill....lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Good damn cahill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

He's like our version of Rooney - how incredibly pants does Cahill have to be before he's dropped and/or sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

A hiding is on the cards here. Same **** as the Liverpool game, sitting back too deep and more defensive mistakes.

I don't care who he plays, Cahill needs to be dropped. Playing with 10 is better than having him at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Boy I can't wait til Fifa comes out next week and release Gary Cahill from his contract in career mode

I actually can't watch another game with Cahill and Ivanovic.

• Advertisement

Cahill and Ivanovic should never play another game for the club. Costa has been excellent, feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Aw c'mon ffs...

I don't blame Courtois for wanting to leave. Shambles of a defense for 2 seasons

It's difficult to watch this match. The team are pants on so many different levels.

Well what can you say about that. It's comically bad.

It's like the defence and midfield are two completely different sets of players, not remotely connected or in sync with each other.

Think back to the Swansea game. With 2 simple passes they had completely bypassed the midfield and defence and got the penalty from it. And that was Chelsea leading 1-0. Today one simple move from Ozil 20 yards outside his own box and he's through with Sanchez on a 2 on 2.

The players are shambolic, with plenty of examples before today, but Conte is continuing where Jose and Gus left off, playing the same players and using the same set up and expecting different results.

And another thing, when was the last time Chelsea approached a big game like this with the intention of being the aggressors, being the ones to control the game and attack? Instead of the cowardly approach of recent times of sitting deep and trying to stop the other team winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Team has literally no backbone. Take JT out and we're a ****ing rabble.

Costa is the only leader. Luiz and dave at a push.

Hazard can **** off at this stage. He's done his disappearing act again when the pressure is on.

Cahill and Ivan need to be put out to pasture.

I'd say 3 at the back will be his preferred system in the future. That said, the last 20 minutes or so is down to Arsenal easing off more than it is Chelsea improving. If Arsenal continued with the same tempo as the first half they could have easily had 5 or 6 today.

Think that might be the worst I've seen them play in a while, including last season.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

It was just all so bad. All over the pitch. Gary Cahill should not start a league game for us again. It's a farce. He's made huge errors in nearly every game he's played this year. Ivanovic was his usual atrocious self but whats new. While others will tell me otherwise, Matic shouldn't be in there anymore. For a midfielder he is pathetic with the ball at his feet. Kante was even poor today but what could he do? Arsenal just passed it around him all day.

Hazard for the second goal sums up his Chelsea career for the last 2 years. Doesn't give a f**k.

Feel sorry for Diego who literally had to take on the whole team by himself.

• Advertisement

What happened to the Matic we signed? He was top class when we signed him and now he's just completely anonymous in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

What happened to the Matic we signed? He was top class when we signed him and now he's just completely anonymous in every game.

He has suffered a Falcao-esque decline and somehow looks an even more limited player than Mikel. Pedro has also been a huge disappointment when you look at how good he's been in the past.

Cahill was always average, nut consistently average which wasn't too bad as you,what to expect, but this year he's just a liability, anytime he gets the ball it's heart in the mouth stuff. Jes what would we do for a young fit Desailly or Ricki.

Honestly hate when I'm so right, but starting against Arsenal with Cahill and Ivan is beyond a joke. Only good,thing to come out of this is Alonso will surely start the next game, we looked slightly less sh1t when we went 3-5-2 bar the first few minutes getting settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Can we put the Azpi as a left back experiment to bed now? He's far better on the right and restricts him greatly. It astonishes me how many managers have been happy to put Ivan at RB and move him there.

And also, could you imagine if the board actually allowed Terry to leave? The only good thing about today is it opens Romans eyes to the failings going on behind the scenes for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I was laughed out of it when I suggested at the end of last season that Chelsea would struggle to get back to the top tier of English clubs, Roman's money means diddly now thanks to the new TV money. Looks like I'm laughing now

I was laughed out of it when I suggested at the end of last season that Chelsea would struggle to get back to the top tier of English clubs, Roman's money means diddly now thanks to the new TV money. Looks like I'm laughing now
    After 6 games, g'man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Conte is learning what the best squad is. This meltdown is ridiculous.
    Cahill should be dropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Small club again, it's back to regularly getting beaten by Arsenal like we did before RA came along.

We should be happy with 10th..

Montroseee wrote: »
    He has suffered a Falcao-esque decline and somehow looks an even more limited player than Mikel. Pedro has also been a huge disappointment when you look at how good he's been in the past.
    Falcao at least has the excuse of the serious injury he suffered. With Matic, I could understand his confidence being on the floor after the Southampton game last year, but enough time has past and he's played more than enough games since to rebuild it but it hasn't happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Killinator

At least Cahill put up a flashing neon sign saying "I'm a liability!!!" tonight that Conte really cannot ignore.
    I think the 3rd goal was worse, a 2 on 2 and both defenders went for the same man and left Ozil to wander off as he pleased, shocking stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement