Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    It's a no brainer activating Thorgan's release clause. Even if it was just to sell him on for profit.

Ya, its cheap enough too, something like 15m.

Real bought back Morata pending a transfer ban but had that ban not been forthcoming, you can bet they would have sold him on for a serious profit.

We should do the same at the very least but if he keeps improving he could come back and make a difference too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ya, the guy has been on fire.

I always assumed, even thugh Abraham was a fine player and scored plenty, that Solanke would make the break through before him.

I know Solanke is our 3rd choice CF but Abraham looks well capable to fill that role too.

Guys like Rashford and Inhenaco have benefitted from being back up CFs but with us, having 2 CFs ahead of both means they'll barely get any game time.

duploelabs wrote: »

Zouma is pretty limited on the ball but he knows it and doesnt try to f**k about with it, Cahill on the other hand, as the video shows, thinks hes some sort of Baresi like CB. Hes got good technique but hes not a ball playing CB, nor can he be that effective in a highline as under pressure, he crumbles.

The UCL final suited him as he was defending on the back foot and getting blocks in and not being asked to play high or build from the back.

Conte wnats us to play more football and so far, its not suited Cahill, JT has similar limits but its more down to his mobility than anything else, JT, like Luiz has a very effective passing range and often switches balls to the flanks, he cant carry effectively but hes calmer and usually picks the right option on the ball.

Cahill wants to play forward nearly all the time and when that avenue is shut off hes screwed, he doesnt seem to have the composure or reading of the game to turn back in an instant if the first option is gone and keeps looking forward.

A back line that includes Luiz should have one solid CB that doesnt try football and leave that to Luiz has more than capable, Cahill, JT or Zouma should just be doing the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I like this from Todd Kane

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3812789/Todd-Kane-offer-home-grown-solution-Antonio-Conte-s-defensive-problems-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I most like the statement

‘I love the club. It is everything to me. I know my job cannot get any better. I go in every day with a smile on my face.’

Hope we see him after Christmas on the right

I like this from Todd Kane

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3812789/Todd-Kane-offer-home-grown-solution-Antonio-Conte-s-defensive-problems-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I most like the statement

‘I love the club. It is everything to me. I know my job cannot get any better. I go in every day with a smile on my face.’

Hope we see him after Christmas on the right

Well with Azp, Aina and Kane, we've got options for the right and ones I'd have no problem using instead of Ivanovic.

Just read the entire article and it makes for excellent reading, has he not had that injury he'd be pushing Ivan and he mentioned he choose to live away from all the students and not go to Arnheim because of the rivalry and wnated to only be good at his job.

Very grounded young lad, makes for good reading instead of hearing some of the Belgians spout s**te off every other interview, he does really love the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

From today's Sun (yeah, yeah, I know...):

Antonio Conte is set to lead Chelsea into a new era – by axing five big name stars from his squad.

The Italian chief, 47, is said to be disheartened by his team’s start to the season – and even more frustrated that he managed to land only one of his summer targets.

Conte – fresh from his time with the Italian national side – was happy he managed to land former Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante, but is said to be angered at the Stamford Bridge hierarchy’s lack of ambition in helping him land other key targets.

According to reports, the signing of Michy Batshuayi was completed in order to pacify sporting director Michael Emenalo.

Meanwhile, the late swoop for David Luiz and Marcos Alonso was purely desperation in order to give the squad depth.

Conte has told Roman Abramovich the squad needs to be torn down to its foundations and rebuilt – starting with a five-player cull in January.

The players with their heads on the block appear to be Nemanja Matic, Branislav Ivanovic, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar and Gary Cahill.

Hmmmm....

Duck Soup wrote: »
    From today's Sun (yeah, yeah, I know...):

Antonio Conte is set to lead Chelsea into a new era – by axing five big name stars from his squad.

The Italian chief, 47, is said to be disheartened by his team’s start to the season – and even more frustrated that he managed to land only one of his summer targets.

Conte – fresh from his time with the Italian national side – was happy he managed to land former Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante, but is said to be angered at the Stamford Bridge hierarchy’s lack of ambition in helping him land other key targets.

According to reports, the signing of Michy Batshuayi was completed in order to pacify sporting director Michael Emenalo.

Meanwhile, the late swoop for David Luiz and Marcos Alonso was purely desperation in order to give the squad depth.

Conte has told Roman Abramovich the squad needs to be torn down to its foundations and rebuilt – starting with a five-player cull in January.

The players with their heads on the block appear to be Nemanja Matic, Branislav Ivanovic, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar and Gary Cahill.

Hmmmm....
    The times reported it too

• Advertisement

I assumed we went after Batshuayi because Marseille had debts they needed clearing and we got him cheaper than what they wanted to sell him for.

If they didnt have their financial issues they would have sold him for more but they needed to clear money for I think the FFP debts so sold him to the first club willing to buy at a certain price and probably in a very favourable lump or all in one sum.

I would sell Matic, Ivan, Oscar, Mikel and Cahill, I'd keep Cesc.

Matic can be replaced by Chalobah, RLC, Baker
    Ivan by Aina, Kane, Azp
    Mikel can go too
    Cahill by Christensen, Kalas or a new CB
    Oscar by Musonda or Thorgan Hazard if we really wanted to.

I think next summer we'll be seeing the back of Courtois, last year and this year so far I think hes under performed, maybe the loss of Cech has lulled him into a false sense of security and his progression has slowed down, if that doesnt improve he could be sold for a serious profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If that's true, man love for Conte.
    Time to rid the team of the professional under performers.
    Cept Cesc, keep Cesc.
    I was sickened to see Cech go, perhaps he'll make a triumphant return!

Can ToL also tell Roman to rid the club of Emanelo, he's added nothing but heartache since his arrival.

Panthro wrote: »
    If that's true, man love for Conte.
    Time to rid the team of the professional under performers.
    Cept Cesc, keep Cesc.
    I was sickened to see Cech go, perhaps he'll make a triumphant return!

Can ToL also tell Roman to rid the club of Emanelo, he's added nothing but heartache since his arrival.

Emanelo has had more failures than he has hits.

Any chance the Telegrap can catch him out for some dodgy payments and we can be rid of him?

I've been banging the Emanelo drum for ages, he is the apex of all that's gone to sh!te, he's the reason that Mou wasn't backed in the summer before last in transfers (especially the fannying about with the Stones transfer)

I've been banging the Emanelo drum for ages, he is the apex of all that's gone to sh!te, he's the reason that Mou wasn't backed in the summer before last in transfers (especially the fannying about with the Stones transfer)

Ya, theres enough that hes responsible for that should warrant a reduction in his powers but hes connected at the hip to Roman in regards to the day to day aspects of the club that there is very little private in the first team apparently.

He was a large part of the reason that Jose was sacked back in the day and he offered to resign his role and take a different role at the club when Jose returned but that was declined by the higher ups and Roman.

Short of a scandal, we're stuck with Emanelo for the forseeable future unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

I can't see why he wants to get rid of all of Oscar, Fab and Matic. Whatever about their performances this season, the club have shown themselves to be incompetent at signing players the last 2 years. If we sell all 3 then there's no way we can sign replacements.

Out of the three the only one I'd actually get rid of is Matic. The man is a shadow of his former self and shows no sign of improving. I'm a bigger fan of Oscar than most here but I think everyone can agree that he's a good squad player to have. We've all been bemused by Fab being constantly left out of the starting lineup. It seems that Conte just doesn't like him.

• Advertisement

One more piece of gossip, this time from an even ropier source than The Sun - a poster on a Chelsea Facebook group. Interesting though in its level of detail.

"When CFC were near the end of winning the league 14/15, the club had arranged tours to the USA and Asia, knowing that the players would have little time to rest yet the club would be contractually obliged to put on a decent show of strength.

However Jose offered certain players that if they won the league they could have extra time off, on the condition that when they turned up for pre-season they would be likely to do double or even treble sessions to get them on pace with other players.

At the same time Jose had signed a deal with Jaguar so couldn't take some of the sessions and left Rui Faria in charge, who the players don't like or respect.

RF in turn had issues with certain players. The players kept moaning to the medical staff that they were getting worked too hard and of course Eva was an easy target.

So she kept sticking up for the players against RF and undermining the management. It came to a point where the players wanted Jose to sack Faria, which of course he would not do, so he tried to placate the players by letting them drop out of some of the sessions.

As we all saw when they did start the season the players were slow and off the pace. The Swansea game was then a culmination of various things that got out of order. Then the players thought they had the upper hand, which they did."

In response to a certain amount of scepticism to his nuggets of freshly discovered truth, the poster added "Also for the record, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not, I was told this by someone senior at Cobham."

Someone senior at Cobham. Sounds legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hate to be pessimistic but it's only a matter of time before this goes up in smoke. We aren't scoring freely enough to compensate for the poor players (Cahill, Ivanovic) in our back 4. It'll catch up on us. There is no title in this squad as it stands IMO. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Exactly a month ago I said this, it caught up quicker than I expected

JT out of tomorrows match according to the Times

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/9/30/13119594/john-terry-fails-fitness-test-ahead-of-chelseas-match-against-hull

Have to play Ivan or Chalobah at CB cannot be Cahill.

• Advertisement

Cant see it, even with mega rich Chinese owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hull press conf

Antonio Conte tells the media conference it is important to know the real truth when talking about corruption allegations

it is right the FA are asking to know all the information regarding the current cases.

you can't compare the current allegations with cases in the past in Italy.

John Terry out of tomorrow's game. Mikel is also out with a small muscular problem

it is never good when you lose two games but that in these two games he saw a lot of important things to work on.

with great work and hard work, he and the players and the club together are trying to change the situation.

we must think about the present now rather than think about spending money in the future.

he and the players are using last season as an instrument to push them more to improvement

his players who have been left out of the Spain international squad have an opportunity to work hard to get back there

he likes clear communication and to talk to Roman Abramovich is interesting because he is very passionate about football

So we're on sky sports 5 tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hon ToL, drop Cahill.
    Throw in Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Haven't seen us play in a while and I don't reckon I'll catch the game today but I feel, no matter how bad things have been, we really should be trouncing Hull. I'll be disgusted if we don't get all three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Is it televised or do I have to watch it by other sources?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Is it televised or do I have to watch it by other sources?

SS5 apparently

SS5 apparently

Can't find it on the schedule

Team to face Hull City: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Cahill (c), David Luiz, Kante, Matic, Moses, Willian, Hazard, Diego Costa. #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hm, I think it's either a 4-3-3 with Willian beside Matic as a box-to-box or a 4-2-3-1 with Moses and Willian wide and Hazard at #10.

Could even be a 4-4-2 with Hazard and Costa up front! Anyways I'm glad to see Moses in the team, he's earned it.

• Advertisement

Ivan dropped???

Finally.

Ivan dropped???

Finally.

Next hot snow will fall up

Odds on a Cahill **** up?

Odds on a Cahill **** up?

Told my brother (arsenal fan) before the game last week that he was worth a goal for the opposition a game at the minute, let's hope he stops that run today.

Chelsea to reporting Moses and aspi as wing backs Alonzo Cahill and Luiz as cbs

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea to reporting Moses and aspi as wing backs Alonzo Cahill and Luiz as cbs

3-5-2

Alonso and Moses wing backs, Azp part of back 3

Has anybody got this on sky sports 5?

beIN sports

Maybe it's on the red button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why is a very average player in Moses starting for Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Average or not he's a candidate for man of the match so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I do

I think it's ROI exclusive since there's a 3pm blackout for England

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Spineless refereeing from Taylor.

Livermore should be off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Spineless refereeing from Taylor.

Livermore should be off.

Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Moses playing a blinder, wheres fabregas? Matic is woeful

I do

I think it's ROI exclusive since there's a 3pm blackout for England

Have it now, had to change the box settings;)

• Advertisement

This is awful stuff.

Ah Kante how did you not even hit the target there.

Great work by Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Ah Kante how did you not even hit the target there.

Great work by Costa.

Costa is a pearl.amongst a sea of ****e

Good to see Willian score.

Willian, you beautiful man!

I was screaming at him to pass it to Hazard, I was convinced he'd cock it up but he proved me long. Come on!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement