Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Can we play Hull every week?

Absolutely shocking defending from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Get in Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Costa singlehandedly embodying Conte's spirit on the field. He's been superb again. Deserved goal.

Hazard has been completely marked absent again though which is disappointing.

Jesus, i was roaring for alonso's shot there to go in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why is a very average player in Moses starting for Chelsea.

Because he's earned the right to start. Been very good today.

Much better stuff in the second half.

Johner wrote: »
    Because he's earned the right to start. Been very good today.

It's the first sign of Conte moving to selecting players on merit. Hopefully it continues and Chalobah gets a chance to start of Matic soon.

If Moses is average God knows what you'd call Ivanovic, Cahill, Matic lately. Even Hazard has been poor since the Burnley game.

Oh and a goal and an assist for Tammy.

Alonso has played well today.

Johner wrote: »
    Oh and a goal and an assist for Tammy.

If he's not scoring at least 2 it's not newsworthy at this stage. :pac:

What a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why is a very average player in Moses starting for Chelsea.

Well now....isn't this awkward...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

We're going to win the league now. I can feel it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

What is pedro doing as he is now beyond useless. Be nice to get a clear out soon.
    Moses will be a useful player this year and glad he got his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Was thinking the same when pedro had that chance late on, the most disappointing transfer in recent times considering his supposed pedigree.
    Would have liked to see bats come on instead of him or even RLC because at that stage we were well in control and giving pedro minutes seems to be a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Solid performance needed to settle the ship and make sure we won.

Costa was MOTM IMO. He gave it all. The 3-4-3 system worked out well but it was only Hull.

Still though, a win. Leicester Utd and West ham after the break.

Zouma and JT back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

You said it, was only hull but we needed a win to give us something to build off.
    I taught we pretty much dominated but lack a little creativity in the final third, all too often the attack slows down and we start passing across the pitch looking for ideas. It's too slow and easy to defend against and before we scored it was a very real possibility that hull could have been the ones to open the scoring as has been the case in a couple of other games this year.
    I taught Costa had a good game especially in the second half but man of the match for me had to be Moses, for such an average player he gave 110% down that wing and looks to me to be deserving of starting the next game.

Moses is very direct and we needed that too.

A 343 with zouma and jt back would be brilliant. Azp was good at cb too so weve a few options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I thought Alonso looked decent, Luiz was solid also, a few good interceptions. Kante and Costa stood out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Panthro wrote: »
    Well now....isn't this awkward...

I wasn't having a go. It was a genuine question. He seems like a bit of journey man the last few years. He did play well today in fairness but it's still odd for a team like Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Hope the higher echelons realise that dropping Ivan doesn't cause the world to end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

What impressed me most about alonso was his engine , doesn't have blistering pace but seemed to have a good football brain of when to go forward when to stay back . It was weird seeing crosses come in from both sides , we haven't had that in a long time

Yeah, nothing too flash but just dependable. None of that gaping holes left when Ivan charges forward

Mikel Ivanovic, JT and Eduardo all are out of contracts in the summer.

Mikel will be 30
    Ivanovic 33
    JT 35
    Eduardo 34

I reckon Mikel will be gone and wont be offered an extension
    I'm not sure about Ivanovic but he wont be offered anything more than a 1 year deal
    JT, should be kept on and allowed to retire at the club
    Eduardo is a stop gap incase of an emergency and if he even makes an appearance for us I'd be shocked.

peteeeed wrote: »

Villa are a shambles anyway. RDM has had a poor start that didnt help him at all.

• Advertisement

He had 1 win in 11 league games, shocking return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Villa have been dreadful for a few seasons that is not overcome in 12 matches. I think Robbie is better off without them, tough job for Clarkie

I like Robbie, bang average manager though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah with RDM the pinnacle of his career management career will be the CL. And the players effectively managed themselves for that IMO.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah with RDM the pinnacle of his career management career will be the CL. And the players effectively managed themselves for that IMO.

That was it, the players knew that under AVB they were playing a system that wasnt going to work with them, now, they should have adapted but they were to stubborn and or unable too and AVB lost his job, Robbie came in, massaged a few egos and let the players get on with it.

We seen the following season that he wasnt up to it long term but he was replaced by an equally inept Rafa Benietz who took us further away from the top 4 only to just about secure it with 2 or 3 games to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Not trolling here, I mean this is the Chelsea thread- but how many games to Arsenal win by scoring late late late LATE goals ?

I'd love to see the stats...

Then again I could be jaded :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not trolling here, I mean this is the Chelsea thread- but how many games to Arsenal win by scoring late late late LATE goals ?

This has been looked into. Arsenal weren't top (think it might have been Liverpool) but we're top 6

The goal shouldnt have stood either but them are the breaks.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The goal shouldnt have stood either but them are the breaks.

For handball? It certainly wasn't deliberate so not sure how it could have een disallowed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

greendom wrote: »
    For handball? It certainly wasn't deliberate so not sure how it could have een disallowed

Ah now come on. If it hits his hand like that and goes in it has to be a free. Offside could have been given too.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Ah now come on. If it hits his hand like that and goes in it has to be a free. Offside could have been given too.

Not according to the rule book and if Ox didn't touch the ball no offside either. Not denying it was very lucky but it was legit.

Not according to the rule book and if Ox didn't touch the ball no offside either. Not denying it was very lucky but it was legit.

Well Ox still made an attempt to play the ball which constitutes offside in the new rules does it not?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Well Ox still made an attempt to play the ball which constitutes offside in the new rules does it not?

They were both onside when they attempted to play the ball. Koscielny would have been offside had Ox made contact

I like Robbie, bang average manager though.

champions league winner RDM?

champions league winner RDM?

Very average. Was lucky to win it, not that it matters, he still won it but I wouldnt want him back at the club.

He wasnt given a fair crack but he was eventually replaced by Rafa who was keeping the seat warm for Joses return.

Even had RDM guided us to a top 4 finish and I reckon he would have done better then Rafa he would ahve been sacked and replaced by Jose anyway.

There was more of an issue with RDM being replaced by Rafa than there was with him being given the boot at all, IMO.

• Advertisement

They were both onside when they attempted to play the ball. Koscielny would have been offside had Ox made contact

Do you think if the ref had clearly seen the ball make contact with his hand would he have allowed the goal to stand?

But when Kos hit it, You could argue that Ox was interfering with play. The keeper couldn't be sure if it was going to hit off him or not. You could also say Kos hands were in an unnatural position. As Lukker eluded too, if the referee sees it its disallowed.

Is this the Arsenal thread Orr....!

whats going on here, back to the library with you lot

Luiz is vital for us if we play 3 at the back imo. Really impressed with his range of passing since he came back and plays that quick ball over the top that Costa loves. Can't wait till we have Zouma, JT and DL there.

Panthro wrote: »

I'd give him the armband in JTs absence all day long.

No way should Cahill or Ivan be captains.

I'd give him the armband in JTs absence all day long.

No way should Cahill or Ivan be captains.

Both should be out of the first team soon enough.

Although I think Cahill will be there for the short term, until Zouma is fully fit.

whats going on here, back to the library with you lot

With pleasure. Wasn't that quiet a week or so back ;-)

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Both should be out of the first team soon enough.

Although I think Cahill will be there for the short term, until Zouma is fully fit.

Ya, Zouma is back in training in the next wee or two and will probably feature towards the end of the month but we dont need to rush im back.

I wonder will Conte continue with the 3-4-3 and go with

Tbo
    Azp JT Luiz
    Moses Kante Matic Alonso
    Willian Costa Hazard

Well, go with it until it get shut down badly.

I'd prefer Azp there anyway and hes a solid defender, rarely gets beat one on one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement