Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

duploelabs wrote: »
    **David Luiz forced to apologise to Manchester Utd.**
    It seems that he managed to make it all the way back into the Chelsea squad changing room before realising that Zlatan was still in his pocket.
    The player has now been returned and celebrations have resumed.

i actually thought zlatan was their only player who showed up yesterday but luiz had a stormer

which player has the most assists in the premier league this season with 4 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

peteeeed wrote:
    which player has the most assists in the premier league this season with 4 ?

Matic lol

Matic lol

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

Opps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

peteeeed wrote:
    i actually thought zlatan was their only player who showed up yesterday but luiz had a stormer

Bar the fact he should have been off and gotten a 3 match ban for violent conduct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mr.H wrote: »
    Bar the fact he should have been off and gotten a 3 match ban for violent conduct

Like Herrera did for his tackle on Joe Allen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Even if Luiz was sent off , I doubt it would have made any difference to the result - still would have hammered them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mr.H wrote: »

It was reckless not violent conduct. Straight red maybe, violent conduct you are going in with the intention of hurting someone. He was trying to play the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Luis should have gone to be fair but if you want to go down that road so should bailly for his foul on hazard which went unpunished. Wouldn't have made much difference really one way or the other.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Luis should have gone to be fair but if you want to go down that road so should bailly for his foul on hazard which went unpunished. Wouldn't have made much difference really one way or the other.

That should have been a penalty too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Zouma is starting for the U23's tonight.

I can't wait until Zouma is in the first team, I think he's really gonna flourish under Conté.

Dave, Luiz and Zouma is such a fast and mobile back 3, I think most CF's and #10's would crack under the pressure put on them.

Just given away a peno

peteeeed wrote: »
    Just given away a peno

He should probably stick with the development squad for a while, it's going to take time to get his match sharpness back.

• Advertisement

Got 45 in there , off at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Some of Zouma last night thought he got the ball for the peno but there was some good robust challenges there which was good. Bound to be rusty really hope he is given sufficient time with the reserves / development squad to build up confidence and fitness. Nice to see him back all the same.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/kurt-zoumas-individual-highlights-chelsea-u23-comeback-v-derby-video/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

cant remember who said it but expecting Zouma to waltz into the team when JT hasnt got back in yet is a bit of stretch. I really hope he recovers and has the pace he had as that was his best attribute, hes a beat in the air too and won a few duals last night but playing against the "kids" is a bit different than playing against the men in the EPL.

I'm excited at a mobile back 3 flanked by 2 able WBs and a warrior like Kante too, that combination of 6 players and throw in Matic, who lets face it, has recovered some decent form, makes for a formidable defensive 7.

I wouldn't predict a league title if we continue playing the way we do as you'll clearly drop points when you shouldn't and win some when you dont deserve them but on the balance of play, I think if we keep up this form, a top 4 place is very realistic and right now, I'd take that, we need to be back playing on Tuesday and Wednesday, 6 or 7 days off is a blessing for Conte in his first season in order to bed down tactics and formations but he and everyone at Chelsea wants to be playing every 3 or 4 days and hopefully we can land a top 4 spot.

Both sky and bbc pundits have shown in the last couple of days why the 3-4-3 system is effective against the 4-2-3-1 system that many teams are employing, a simply Google will find you the video

Both sky and bbc pundits have shown in the last couple of days why the 3-4-3 system is effective against the 4-2-3-1 system that many teams are employing, a simply Google will find you the video

Its a cracking formation and it really forces other teams to adapt to it more so than trying to enforce their own 4-2-3-1 formation upon Chelsea.

It will eventually be stopped, or not work effectively but for now, its a winner.

3 full games, 9 goals scored, 0 conceded.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its a cracking formation and it really forces other teams to adapt to it more so than trying to enforce their own 4-2-3-1 formation upon Chelsea.

It will eventually be stopped, or not work effectively but for now, its a winner.

3 full games, 9 goals scored, 0 conceded.

I also am grateful that it's effectively ended Ivan's starting place on the team thank fook

Moses has been brilliant in his new role, thought he had another good game at the weekend. Alonso has been good as well although United did get a good bit of joy with crosses from his side.

• double or quits gav :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Johner wrote: »
    Moses has been brilliant in his new role, thought he had another good game at the weekend. Alonso has been good as well although United did get a good bit of joy with crosses from his side.

Two unsung heroes of the new system IMO

Panthro wrote: »
    Two unsung heroes of the new system IMO

Personally I think the most improved has been Matic

Agreed

Its hard to see whos going to start tomorrow.

We've no natural LWB in the senior side really and we're thin on natural CBs that are fit.

Id say we'll go

Begovic
    Ivan JT Cahill
    Aina Chalobah Matic Alonso
    Willian Batshuayi Oscar

Subs
    Courtois
    Luiz Azp
    Moses RLC Pedro
    Solanke

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its hard to see whos going to start tomorrow.

We've no natural LWB in the senior side really and we're thin on natural CBs that are fit.

Id say we'll go

Begovic
    Ivan JT Cahill
    Aina Chalobah Matic Alonso
    Willian Batshuayi Oscar

Subs
    Courtois
    Luiz Azp
    Moses RLC Pedro
    Solanke

Can't see that glacial back three working in that formation, they just don't have the mobility

Can't see that glacial back three working in that formation, they just don't have the mobility

Ivan certainly wouldn't be able to cover the width the same way as Dave does.

If we are sticking with a back 3 for tomorrow, one of Luiz or Azpiliceuta is starting.
    I think he'll want to see if Terry can play in Cahill's position in the back 3.

Could be:

Ivan-Luiz-Terry
    Aina-Chalobah-Mikel-Alonso
    Willians-Oscar
    Bats

RLC could be in place of Mikel, or he could start up front with Bats and one of Willian or Oscar drop to the bench.

Kante, Matic, Costa, Hazard, Azpiliceuta should all get a decent rest for Sot'on on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Are we on Tv tomorrow?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Are we on Tv tomorrow?

Nope

I know I posted about 8 or 9 changes yesterday but given our rotation of games, I wouldnt be surprised if Conte only changed maybe 4 or 5.

I'm still confident we'll win anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

Ivanovic is not expected to be fit. SSN.

Thank the little baby Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I wouldn't make drastic changes tonight, maybe bring in bats, JT and William. I'd like to keep Haz on for 65 keep up his good form against a weak defence.

Is cesc fit? I'd bring him in along with chaolbah, bats, and oscar

x3zkf55o8stx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Is cesc fit? I'd bring him in along with chaolbah, bats, and oscar

Last thing I read (which was yesterday) Cesc is still out with a thigh strain.

• Advertisement

x3zkf55o8stx.jpg

José who?

Nice one Conte good team out tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

What time is kick off lads?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

1-0 West Ham, a ridiculous header from Kouyate from the edge of the box. Thought we had started quite well. Terry looking sluggish.

Oscar is rubbish.

Oscar is rubbish.

He's a waste of a pair of boots at the moment.

• Advertisement

Great pass Cahill. :o

Get Oscar off at half time, woeful on the ball and weak as piss.

Batshuayi should be burying that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ah Michy, should have buried that.

Get Oscar off at half time, woeful on the ball and weak as piss.

Great ball there to Michy who should have scored.

Terry looks lost in this formation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement