Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yep but that would mean us going out in the group :( I say we win the Champions league instead ;).

We should have won the game last night the better team but found Butland in terrific form after that I have faith we should have enough to beat Liverpool at home I would have more worry if we fail to gain all 3 points. I'd actually like to see more of Traore I'm not saying he was great by any means he wasn't exactly but he showed glimmers of pace and creativity that has been lacking lately.

These things happen when West Ham beat City they led a charmed life, as was remarked earlier there is a gradual improvement of performance so lets hope it springs into flower on Saturday.

Another CL would be lovely, we couldn't be that lucky ...... could we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd love if we played two natural FBs against Pool but it wont happen.

I reckon the team will be more or less the same as last night, with Cesc, Matic and maybe Remy coming in.

If a Chelsea player did this the outcry would be horrendous with certain trial by camera

http://talksport.com/football/video-ouch-charlie-adams-painful-tackle-willian-151028172237?

He even looks down before he plants his foot to make sure of its landing, yet when Costa stood on a Liverpool player with eyes firmly on the ball we had Costa crimes everywhere - is it any wonder TSHO blows up now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If a Chelsea player did this the outcry would be horrendous with certain trial by camera

http://talksport.com/football/video-ouch-charlie-adams-painful-tackle-willian-151028172237?

He even looks down before he plants his foot to make sure of its landing, yet when Costa stood on a Liverpool player with eyes firmly on the ball we had Costa crimes everywhere - is it any wonder TSHO blows up now and again.

Charlie Adam seems to get away with murder week in, week out. Have no idea why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

greendom wrote: »

He's a "gritty Brit", same as Lee Cattermole.

He really does it shows yet again how inept the FA really are. Regardless of who you support they should be consistent this and the Matic "tackle" seem to be OK but the Costa incident against Arsenal is deemed violent - how do they manage to square that circle? I am sure there are other examples but being a Chelsea supporter I tend to focus on them.

Jose is in so much muck at the minute I do hope he brings this up at his press conference on Friday (assuming he turns up of course :D) at it will actually add some credence to his argument, you can be certain it will be used at his appeal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya according to certain media platforms Cattermole (etc) is a victim of getting stuck in when he is cautioned for fouls, Costa is a perpetrator on the otherhand and possibly the filthiest player who ever played the game :p

I thought it was a disgrace that MOTD2 the weekend when after discussing the news that day on Sherwood being sacked during the show, their Montage at the end of the show; showing mostly disappointing times of Sherwood at Villa then also included Mourinho and the troubles Chelsea are going through.

That is a very good point just sent a tweet to @SkyFootball asking that very question

You just have to look at Adam pole axing Cesc with a forearm that broke his nose and required surgery to see hes a dirty player.

Hes one of the only players I actively despise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You just have to look at Adam pole axing Cesc with a forearm that broke his nose and required surgery to see hes a dirty player.

Hes one of the only players I actively despise.

Jose has played 5 penalty shoot outs with Chelsea, in competitive games and lost them all. :o

thankfully he wasnt around for Munich 2012. :pac:

We've also won only 8 of our 20 penalty shootouts since they were introduced.

gosplan wrote: »

The other angle is even worse.

I remember him acting the maggot vs Ireland too recently. :mad:

That is a very good point just sent a tweet to @SkyFootball asking that very question

I like the way the previous article refers to Willian finding out how 'tough in the tackle' Adam is.

That's 'tough', not late or dangerous, but 'tough'.

Stoke get away with murder because everyone expects them to kick lumps out of people at home. So try get let away with more because that's just part of Stoke games.

I've no idea how a 'tough' tackle results in you standing on someone's thigh.

I like the way the previous article refers to Willian finding out how 'tough in the tackle' Adam is.

That's 'tough', not late or dangerous, but 'tough'.

Stoke get away with murder because everyone expects them to kick lumps out of people at home. So try get let away with more because that's just part of Stoke games.

Stoke have turned the corner, a small bit in their aproach but theres still an element of play the man first and the football will follow for them.

It was evident last night when guys like Bardsley, Shawcross, Diouf and Adam were throwing it around all game.

Walters, another guy that usually enjoys the rough and tumble was actually pretty quiet, until he turned into Tony Yeaboah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

He's English, if he was Jonny Foreigner he would be hung out to dry, I am sure if Jose was not already in so much trouble, that he would be highlighting this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He's English, if he was Jonny Foreigner he would be hung out to dry, I am sure if Jose was not already in so much trouble, that he would be highlighting this.

Pretty sure he's Scottish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Derek-.gif

He's Scottish!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

If mls is over, then drogba is who we need back, could see him loaned in jan, a huge charachter, who would no doubt boost the troops.

Pretty sure he's Scottish.

Ah it's a bit like Oz and Kiwis they are all the same really

You know Colonies and all that

Runs for cover

Hopes there are no Oz or Kiwis around

Still looking for cover

Let's sub British for English ha ha.

I would be shocked if this is not introduced in his appeal, and if the appeal is unsuccessful it will no doubt be highlighted very quickly.

Adams could be a cause for good though.

He managed to unite a fair section of boards and that is no easy feat :-/

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    If mls is over, then drogba is who we need back, could see him loaned in jan, a huge charachter, who would no doubt boost the troops.

If he is doing his coaching badges that would be great call, but not as a player me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Let's sub British for English ha ha.

I would be shocked if this is not introduced in his appeal, and if the appeal is unsuccessful it will no doubt be highlighted very quickly.

Adams could be a cause for good though.

He managed to unite a fair section of boards and that is no easy feat :-/

you might not agree but the FA are so up their own arses its unreal, different rules for British players and coaches for the most part, Jose knows this, so does Costa, Suarez et al.
    The Suarez one still gets me, accused by a known liar that he was racically abused, no one heard it, but he is still suspended, same accuser involved in a similar incident after a game at stamford bridge, found to be lying.
    apologies chelsea fans, john terry recorded racially abusing a player and gets a lenient sentence.
    Jose is right, different rules for different players and coaches, and these knuts in the FA, are all giving out about corruption in FIFA, when the knuts are just as morally corrupt.

As for Adams, how that fkucker does not get long bans for his dangerous tackling is baffling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

phobia2011 wrote: »

Don't agree with him coming back for a 3rd run. We need new leaders to stand up, going back to some old ones won't help long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anything to be said for recalling Kalas? :o

hots wrote: »

Lots to be said, we can send Papy the other way by means of recompense

London Underground has found a new way to stop industrial unrest. They are to have Wenger to voice tube announcements - so how does this stop industrial unrest I hear you ask.

Well we all know Arsenal have no strikers, boom boom

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/10/arsenal-boss-wenger-to-voice-tube-announcements-on-london-underground/?

Now where is that damn cover I was trying to find earlier.

Where is my coat gone .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can't understand why the likes of Kalas and Bamford/Solanke aren't in the squad ahead of Djilobodji and Falcao. You need to keep some youths around that are good enough to make an impact so you hungry players behind the established first team players. The only player even close to that in the squad now is RLC

Can't understand why the likes of Kalas and Bamford/Solanke aren't in the squad ahead of Djilobodji and Falcao. You need to keep some youths around that are good enough to make an impact so you hungry players behind the established first team players. The only player even close to that in the squad now is RLC

I'd add Kenedy but the point stands... the only thing is even if they were in the squad would they just be languishing like traore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

We should try to buy veratti in January. I'm sick to death of having cesc in cm

rottie 11 wrote: »
    We should try to buy veratti in January. I'm sick to death of having cesc in cm

Would cost an arm and a leg and would be UCL cup tied.....assuming we get out of our group. :o

• Advertisement

Stoke vs Sheff Wed was the QF draw we could have got. :o

Off topic, I done what Jose couldnt do in the new Football Manager, bought in Varane for an eye watering £65million as John Stones ended up at Utd for £55m. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Off topic, I done what Jose couldnt do in the new Football Manager, bought in Varane for an eye watering £65million as John Stones ended up at Utd for £55m. :o

Are you Chelsea? Do you get a direct line to Roman for money when you need it? :)

symbolic wrote: »
    Are you Chelsea? Do you get a direct line to Roman for money when you need it? :)

No direct line but I reckon I'll be sacked if I go on a Jose style run of losses :pac:

Its still a beta version so I usually go a big team for a few days to get a feel for the game and then take on a different challenge.

Weirdly, Chelsea had about £100m to spend in the game, which was boasted by sales of Ramires, Mikel and Oscar, however I'm seriously short in CM now. :o

No direct line but I reckon I'll be sacked if I go on a Jose style run of losses :pac:

Its still a beta version so I usually go a big team for a few days to get a feel for the game and then take on a different challenge.

Weirdly, Chelsea had about £100m to spend in the game, which was boasted by sales of Ramires, Mikel and Oscar, however I'm seriously short in CM now. :o

How ya finding the new game? Busy at work so think I'll skip the Beta this year although could easily cave come the w/e if it's relatively bug-free. Got the PC hooked up to the living room tv with a wireless keyboard/touchpad... gamechanger right there. Now when I'm screaming at real life Ramires on one screen I can fine him a couple of weeks wages in FM :)

How ya finding the new game? Busy at work so think I'll skip the Beta this year although could easily cave come the w/e if it's relatively bug-free. Got the PC hooked up to the living room tv with a wireless keyboard/touchpad... gamechanger right there. Now when I'm screaming at real life Ramires on one screen I can fine him a couple of weeks wages in FM :)

Some of the menus are more sleek and stream lined compared to FM15 anyway but I've only out in about 2hrs last night after seeing Spectre.

I've had no issues so far anyway with bugs, last year I had the sneding off bug, where 1 or 2 players were sent off every game, it was late in the beta for me as I started a new save so I quit that save.

My buddy has the beta too and hes having an issue at the moment with players vanishing, hes running the 3D match engine too and instead of players on screen the ball would just be moving on its own, invisible players if you will. I've seen it reported online too of a few people suffering crash dumps while playing so theyre advising to save reguarly, which I usually do anyway.

I've got the wireless keyboard/mouse ready to go to and have it hooked up to 42" TV, only issue is you dont wanna be too far away or else you'll miss some of the text. :o

Will be interesting to see if Pedro is fit for this weekends game. He had a slight injury that ruled him out of the West Ham/Stoke games.

It was reported, from the Daily Star of all places that hes unhappy here and wants to go back to Barca. :pac:

I did see that Pedro mentioned that he has to adapt to the strong EPL and its very different to what hes used to, for instance look at Cuadrado, looked great in Italy, pants in England and now hes looking good again in Italy.

Salah too, great in Switzerland, terrible for us and excellent in Italy.

I'd hope Pedro recovers from his injury issues and gives us a good season as hes a great player.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    That manager is doing a better job than yours this season

Well, thats 1 trophy LVG wont win after last night, so hes got to win 2 of the remaining 3 trophies theyre in to have an equally or greater season than Jose in his 2nd season.

Again, I direct you too my assumption of how it will pan out.
    He is, lets see how his 2nd season pans out compared to Joses, I'm willing to bet not as succesful though.

FWIW, we wont win anything this season, IMO, we've far too many issues to build a consistent run of games to win a competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm pretty confident of a win on Saturday, we will do well in the games against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, United at home. It's just every other game we need to worry about. :o

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    I'm pretty confident of a win on Saturday, we will do well in the games against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, United at home. It's just every other game we need to worry about. :o

I think you're right, we've played better in the last few games but the results havent been coming which is a concern but at least we're not playing badly.

A huge concern though for me is we seem to play well for a period and go a goal down and this group doesnt seem to be able to get themselves out of that situation as the belief and confidence is usually shot there and then.

Another thing is, we're not scoring freely enough from open play, a good chunk of our goals have been set pieces, while we cant effectively defend set pieces at the other end.

I assumed when we beat Arsenal we'd turn a corner but it wasnt to be, even if we beat Pool I want be as naive, its not the start of anything, its 1 win and hopefully a good start to a bit of form but we need to start winning 2 or 3 games in a row and see how we get on, the fixture list is kind enough for the next half a dozen games so theres scope for wins and confidence to return, key word though is "hopefully".

I don't get Mikel.

Nearly 10 years there getting 20 or so games a season.

He's been amazing at times, especially during the successful CL campaign I thought.

Obv he'd stick around. Then Jose's coming back - stick around for that too.

But then Matic was the clear message that he'll just never be first choice.

It's odd, I keep thinking of him as this teenager you just swiped from Utd but his whole career has nearly passed.

Anyone know much about him? Does he just love the club or is he content to be a small cog in a much bigger wheel?

I don't get Mikel.

Nearly 10 years there getting 20 or so games a season.

He's been amazing at times, especially during the successful CL campaign I thought.

Obv he'd stick around. Then Jose's coming back - stick around for that too.

But then Matic was the clear message that he'll just never be first choice.

It's odd, I keep thinking of him as this teenager you just swiped from Utd but his whole career has nearly passed.

Anyone know much about him? Does he just love the club or is he content to be a small cog in a much bigger wheel?

Hes either a money grabbing sod or a good professional. Hes never complained about game time so it could be argued either way really.

I think hes under rated to a degree as his positional sense is pretty spot on and hes quiet good on the ball and hes good at recycling the ball, his passing range and weight of ball over short distances is good enough, now, hes not Xabi Alonso or Busquets, hes not a world class DM but he goes about his job consistently enough.

I'd hate to see him in a double pivot with Cesc as both are slow as f**k but partnered with Ramires, Matic or RLC hes not a bad option as long as the guy next to him is willing to engage the opponents more and be more active.

Its either going be settled out of court, which I assume it to be or the club will take her to court and make a mess of the PR, which I hope doesnt happen.

Gotta love this, just seen a combined Chelsea/Liverpool XI.....wait for it :

Courtois - no issue

Clyne - no issue, Ivans muck
    Cahill - no issue
    Sakho - arguable, could be Skrtel or JT easily
    Azp - no issue

Matic - no issue
    Henderson - LOL

Willian - no issue
    Couthino - LOL
    Hazard - no issue

Benteke - :pac:

• Advertisement

Courtois - no issue

Cahill - no issue
    Azp - no issue

Matic - no issue
    Henderson - LOL

Willian - no issue
    Couthino - LOL
    Hazard - no issue

Tbh Benteke is the only outrageous one, Sakho shouldn't be either really. Coutinho very hot/cold but not sure who could be put in instead based on this year's performances. I'm actually quite a big fan of Henderson, very Carrick like imo, nothing special (ever) but consistent and does enough all the time...

Tbh Benteke is the only outrageous one, Sakho shouldn't be either really. Coutinho very hot/cold but not sure who could be put in instead based on this year's performances. I'm actually quite a big fan of Henderson, very Carrick like imo, nothing special (ever) but consistent and does enough all the time...

Form is temporary....or in course, our bad form is lasting too many weeks at this stage. :pac:

Courtois - no issue

Cahill - no issue
    Azp - no issue

Matic - no issue
    Henderson - LOL

Willian - no issue
    Couthino - LOL
    Hazard - no issue

It's just sheer numbers really but the delusion seems strong with that lot.

The Coutinho better than Ozil one had me a few weeks back.

It's just sheer numbers really but the delusion seems strong with that lot.

The Coutinho better than Ozil one had me a few weeks back.

Watch Couthino have his 1 good game in 10 against us and score now. :o

Ramires signs a new deal.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/10/ramires-signs-new-contract.html

Brings him upto 2019....or hopefully sold in the summer to finance Pogba. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement