Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    That was a crushing game to be at -_- Pelle of all people made a mockery of us.

Ya, Willian over hit a free kick that flew in from way out on the left.

I had a glance back at the posts all the way to Joses sacking and they made for some great and terrible reading.

At least, nearly 12months on, we're finally making progress and looking more stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hots wrote: »
    That was a crushing game to be at -_- Pelle of all people made a mockery of us.

i can beat that , my only game at the bridge last year was Bournemouth at home

peteeeed wrote: »
    i can beat that , my only game at the bridge last year was Bournemouth at home

I was at the Palace game and seen us lose 2-1 in our 2nd home gmae of the year.

It was also Falcaos only goal for us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I think Oscar is going to be a big casualty of the change in system. Just can't see him fitting in anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

justshane wrote: »
    I think Oscar is going to be a big casualty of the change in system. Just can't see him fitting in anywhere.

I think he'd fit in a lot more than Fabregas would, 343 means the end of Fabregas at Chelsea

Oscar is mobile enough to fit in as one of 2 CM's, Fabregas wouldn't be

Whether Oscar is good enough to play is another thing

he can compete for the pedro/willian side or come on as a sub as he's a good tackler

I'd sell Oscar ASAP. He offers nothing we dont already have, get a decent wedge for him and re-invest into the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

He's a casualty in any system we play. Nowhere near the player we thought he was gonna be when he arrived. Can't believe we rejected that big bid for him from China.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He's a casualty in any system we play. Nowhere near the player we thought he was gonna be when he arrived. Can't believe we rejected that big bid for him from China.

That was the worse piece of business we done last year. :o

• Advertisement

Everton this weekend in the late kick off, never an easy game playing againt Everton, especially away but in the last 5 league visits to the Bridge, we've won 4 and drawn 1.

Bolaise and Lukaku are forming a good partnership and will be very dangerous to us, also, given Evertons start to the season, right now, they're very much a rival we have to play but I'm quietly confident we'll get the right result.

Of the rest of our rivals, City are the only team playing Saturday so it would be nice to get a win and leap frog a few teams in this early stages of the season.

Arsenal v Spurs is on Sunday and will see another of our top 4 rivals drop points, given we've a tough run coming up, its good that we're in a confident place in our game and formation, it'll be tested against City and Spurs soon but I wouldnt rule out Everton pulling off something at the Bridge.

The same XI will probably start that played against Southampton, theres no real need for change IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

First time in a while I've been pretty confident that we will win a tough game.

Thoughts on Alonso so far? I think he's been decent but sometimes looks a bit suspect defensively. The wing back role is a good one for him though and he'll only get better. Mad to think that Moses at the moment is probably one of the first names on the team sheet, the position is made for him.

Johner wrote: »
    First time in a while I've been pretty confident that we will win a tough game.

Thoughts on Alonso so far? I think he's been decent but sometimes looks a bit suspect defensively. The wing back role is a good one for him though and he'll only get better. Mad to think that Moses at the moment is probably one of the first names on the team sheet, the position is made for him.

I like ALonso, hes solid without being spectacular, like a left footed Dave but hes a bit better going forward and has a good cross of the ball.

The LWB role was tailor made for Rahman but Alonso is much more physical player and having played in the EPL, more robust, Rahman out there might have been a revelation, Luis too, but it looks more likely we'll keep Alonso and sell Rahman back to Germany next summer.

I'm happy Moses is getting a chance, hes been our best player for 2 pre-seasons now and his hard work is paying off finely.

You need players like that in the team, guys who have had to prove their worth and earn their place as they're attitude will usually be spot on having to dig in for the fight.

some afternoon gossip

Chelsea took another look at Benfica centre-back Victor Lindelof after sending scouts to watch Benfica’s Champions League match against Dinamo Kiev (A Bola)

Chelsea have reportedly contacted Borussia Monchengladbach over a potential deal to re-sign Thorgan Hazard (Express via Philip Harmeling)

Chelsea and Roma will now rival Milan for the Fiorentina midfielder Milan Badelj (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Chelsea will reportedly go toe-to-toe with Manchester United for Antoine Griezmann – should the striker give any indication he will quit Atletico Madrid next summer (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea midfielder Marco van Ginkel has said he is only concentrating on getting fit again and not rumours of a return to PSV (Daily Star)

Crystal Palace are hoping to launch a January bid to sign out-of-favour Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic (Mirror)

Chelsea’s Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas, 29, would consider a loan move in January but only to a leading European club (Squawka)

Fabregas will not leave Chelsea this season, despite being out of favour under manager Antonio Conte (Sun)

Chelsea captain John Terry, 35, will be offered at least £8m a year to play for Guangzhou Evergrande, for whom he is an ambassador, in the Chinese Super League (Daily Mail)

Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, 23, is not interested in rumours linking him with a move to Chelsea or Manchester United (Goal)

Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore, 21, who is on loan at Ajax, is not in good shape, according to the Dutch side’s head coach Peter Bosz. (Voetbal International)

Only one of those rumours is good, and thats the Griezmann link its also the most outlandish. Atletico are arguably the 3rd best side in Europe, he wont leave them unfortunately, not to us, not to City, not to Utd.

I'm surprised at Traore but if he doesnt make it, it wont be a loss as Abraham is doing fine work in the Championship, I had hopes for Traore but if hes not in good shape, it shows a lack of professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Is Kennedy on loan with Watford ? Not sure if he is getting game time, would have thought he would have been a good option as LWB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm surprised at Traore but if he doesnt make it, it wont be a loss as Abraham is doing fine work in the Championship, I had hopes for Traore but if hes not in good shape, it shows a lack of professionalism.

If you read more in to the Traore story, apparently the manager is causing all sorts of sh!te and calling out players for absolutely no reason, including traore

Techless wrote: »
    Is Kennedy on loan with Watford ? Not sure if he is getting game time, would have thought he would have been a good option as LWB.

He played once for them against Burnley so far

Kenedy was a weird one, was a bit of high point from last years mediocrity, you could see the potential but he was very raw still.

I'm surprised he was first allowed to leave and then to go somewhere where he wasnt getting any game time.

If they werent a rival I'd feel sorry for Jose, theres something not right with him IMO.

Has the Chelsea episode of losing the dress room and his dream job affected him or have Utd just been poor?

In fairness, its probably just a bad run and IMO, they're as likely to win the next 6 games but its not been the start I expected from both club and manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    If they werent a rival I'd feel sorry for Jose, theres something not right with him IMO.

He's a different man. He's lost the ability to create a siege mentality. Maybe it's because everybody knows he's trying to do it. Remember when he was at Chelsea the first time, it was rare enough he would publicly criticise the team, he was full of praise and always leapt to players defense, lately he is quick to criticise players in the media and in interviews.

His interview last season after the Leicester game shows how he's changed. He said the players betrayed his tactics, that would NEVER have been said by Jose 6-7 years ago, no way, never. And whatever anyone says, I think it's a common life principle that a sure fire way to make people dislike you is to criticise them.

Tactically I don't think Jose has gotten worse. I still think he's astute in the transfer market. But, I think for whatever reason his man management and building relationships with his players is just not the same anymore.

• Advertisement

He's a different man. He's lost the ability to create a siege mentality. Maybe it's because everybody knows he's trying to do it. Remember when he was at Chelsea the first time, it was rare enough he would publicly criticise the team, he was full of praise and always leapt to players defense, lately he is quick to criticise players in the media and in interviews.

His interview last season after the Leicester game shows how he's changed. He said the players betrayed his tactics, that would NEVER have been said by Jose 6-7 years ago, no way, never. And whatever anyone says, I think it's a common life principle that a sure fire way to make people dislike you is to criticise them.

Tactically I don't think Jose has gotten worse. I still think he's astute in the transfer market. But, I think for whatever reason his man management and building relationships with his players is just not the same anymore.

I agree to a point, he also had some serious falling outs at Real too, with line ups being leaked to the press before games, worse at Chelsea the players just stopped performing for him resulting in a seriously WTF interview after the Southampton game where he could have been sacked and another meltdown after the Leicester game when he was sacked 2 or 3 days later.

I dont think hes falling out with any Utd players yet, maybe Schweinsteiger for whatever reason so I cant see any long term effects per se, as long as they start winning a few on the spin, they'll be back so I dont think there is a crisis at Utd just yet.

I agree to a point, he also had some serious falling outs at Real too, with line ups being leaked to the press before games, worse at Chelsea the players just stopped performing for him resulting in a seriously WTF interview after the Southampton game where he could have been sacked and another meltdown after the Leicester game when he was sacked 2 or 3 days later.

I dont think hes falling out with any Utd players yet, maybe Schweinsteiger for whatever reason so I cant see any long term effects per se, as long as they start winning a few on the spin, they'll be back so I dont think there is a crisis at Utd just yet.

He won't win it back at UTD, he's gone. Mou's unique strength is to build a unity within the team, think of him in 04, he used to take everything on his chin, never criticise the team, make a mockery of his antic with his outlandish statements and criticizing of the refs or opposing managers,. The team fed off this and ran through brick walls for him. Yet now he's throwing shade at every one of his players. Last year with us the Eva saga was the crack in the windscreen and it filtered through the ethos of the team, there was no rebuilding that strength and it all came crashing down. This year is no difference, he'll be a pundit in two years time.

I think theres clearly a crisis. Wouldn't be so sure they'll be back. Ibra is misfiring and Rooney's struggles are well documented. He doesn't have a clue whats his best team, Big money new signings failing to impress, shunning players and even Marital and Rashford having little to no impact on the season so far.

There in dire need of a few on the spin but thats far easier said then done as we found out last season. Don't both Moyes and Van Gaal have better records?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Interesting article about why he's run into a cul-de-sac in his career.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ken-early-jos%C3%A9-mourinho-and-man-united-look-out-of-date-1.2848940

I think theres clearly a crisis. Wouldn't be so sure they'll be back. Ibra is misfiring and Rooney's struggles are well documented. He doesn't have a clue whats his best team, Big money new signings failing to impress, shunning players and even Marital and Rashford having little to no impact on the season so far.

There in dire need of a few on the spin but thats far easier said then done as we found out last season. Don't both Moyes and Van Gaal have better records?

In the league after 10 games, yes, they've got slightly better records. I think any other season theyed have been closer to the top but this year you have 6 teams who have started well, we've played 2 of them and lost both games and we've another this weekend, against Everton, so hopefully we start beating the teams around us.

I reckon he'll get Utd firing up the table in no time, there is only 10 games gone and they're only 7 pts off top 4, which is where, at a minimum they should be finishing but they have to start picking up wins or they could have a serious up hill battle in the coming weeks.

In the league after 10 games, yes, they've got slightly better records. I think any other season theyed have been closer to the top but this year you have 6 teams who have started well, we've played 2 of them and lost both games and we've another this weekend, against Everton, so hopefully we start beating the teams around us.

I reckon he'll get Utd firing up the table in no time, there is only 10 games gone and they're only 7 pts off top 4, which is where, at a minimum they should be finishing but they have to start picking up wins or they could have a serious up hill battle in the coming weeks.

But you have to factor in that, on paper anyway, They're a better side then they were under the two previous managers, and they seem to be getting worse as the season goes on. At to the fact his antics with referees and the likes hasn't changed from last year and he's called out his players again. To me it just seems its last season mk 2 for him. I wouldn't be as sure as you are that he'll get them firing. He seems desperately unhappy there too.

bullpost wrote: »

I like Ken Early, hes usually spot on with his approach and its certainly an interesting article and take on the situation.

There is really a blue print for Joses teams, everyone knows it and until he changes it up, even a small bit, he could continue lumbering around in his old ways.

Remember last year he said he'd drop the under performers for the youths and guys on the bench, that didnt happen at all and it could have saved him his job.

But you have to factor in that, on paper anyway, They're a better side then they were under the two previous managers, and they seem to be getting worse as the season goes on. At to the fact his antics with referees and the likes hasn't changed from last year and he's called out his players again. To me it just seems its last season mk 2 for him. I wouldn't be as sure as you are that he'll get them firing. He seems desperately unhappy there too.

I just think Jose, the players and the club are too big to be down and around 7th for the season, they'll eventually get it right, IMO.

Now, I'd much prefer to be wrong and see Utd finish 5th or 6th as it would increase our chances for a top 4 finish.

There is a worrying trend in place though that Utd fans and they should remember 12months ago, unless the results turn around Jose is only going go one way and thats further down the path of bad moods, decisions and petulance, we've seen it first hand and we all assumed he'd turn it around but at Real and at Chelsea he faced issues with the players and his methods and he lost both battles.

I dont think he'll be sacked this year, Utd arent that silly, he'll get at least a year with them but at the moment, his future swing either way, brilliance with Utd in the next 3-5 years or looking for another job in the next 2 years.

Be interested in where Happy fits in when he's properly back, perhaps for Cahill (Contender for Villian to Hero award)

duploelabs wrote: »
    Be interested in where Happy fits in when he's properly back, perhaps for Cahill (Contender for Villian to Hero award)

I think Luiz is safe at the heart of the back 3, bar an injury or suspension I cant see him being dislodged by any of our current CBs.

So its 1 of Azp or Cahill, I reckon Azps height could cost him and Conte might go with Zouma, Luiz, Cahill, 3 big and relatively quick CBs, Zouma is of course lightening fast but time will tell if the injury has taken away any pf his pace.

All 3 are pretty good in the air and Luiz has outstanding technique to find a pass if the out ball to Matic or Kante isnt on.

• Advertisement

Cahill is quick when compared to plate tectonics

everton press conf

Antonio Conte reports that Fabregas and Zouma started to train with the team this week after injury

they will be available for selection after the international break

Zouma will play in the @CheckatradeTrpy game v Oxford at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday

he is happy to have Fabregas in his squad.

John Terry is in good form after his ankle injury having trained for two weeks.

he is not surprised how well David Luiz is playing in the current system used. He says he is a good defender

the reason David Luiz is back at Chelsea is because he trusts him. He says every single player can still improve

Asked about not signing Romelu Lukaku, Conte says he prefers to talk about his players and sees a complete player in Diego Costa

update on John Mikel Obi whom he says is training well having had injuries in the past.

On Guus Hiddink visiting Cobham yesterday, Conte says it was a pleasure to see and talk to him

he talked to Hiddink before pre-season. Yesterday they spoke about nothing important.

Everton will be very dangerous opponents tomorrow. He says the Chelsea fans' continued good support will be important.

the players have been working very well this week in preparation for a tough game

Cahill is quick when compared to plate tectonics

That would make him quicker than Ivan and JT so thats a start. :o

Contes press conferences are refreshing, no fuss, no drama, simple and to the point. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I think Luiz is safe at the heart of the back 3, bar an injury or suspension I cant see him being dislodged by any of our current CBs.

So its 1 of Azp or Cahill, I reckon Azps height could cost him and Conte might go with Zouma, Luiz, Cahill, 3 big and relatively quick CBs, Zouma is of course lightening fast but time will tell if the injury has taken away any pf his pace.

All 3 are pretty good in the air and Luiz has outstanding technique to find a pass if the out ball to Matic or Kante isnt on.

Azpiliqueta is very composed in a back three and easily the most mobile. Quick as lightening and hard as nails a good passer and intelligent to boot. I'd leave him there, in fact I'd leave all three in situ until we start conceding. I reckon the future is small centre halves like macherano at Barcelona. It's like having another attacker when you are going forward coz he is good on the ball and mobile enough to get back in position to defend. You only need extra height when the opposing team are lumping the balls into the box - rare enough tactic these days.

On another note I am delighted to Mourinho poisoning a different club these days rather than our own. He is far from finished but needs time which he won't get.

3 points against Everton is a must. Momentum is important. And its frikkin November.

And we might get past the 10k with this momentum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If zouma takes Dave place..Dave takes Alonso's place.
    A team without Dave is a far weakened team.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Azpiliqueta is very composed in a back three and easily the most mobile. Quick as lightening and hard as nails a good passer and intelligent to boot. I'd leave him there, in fact I'd leave all three in situ until we start conceding. I reckon the future is small centre halves like macherano at Barcelona. It's like having another attacker when you are going forward coz he is good on the ball and mobile enough to get back in position to defend. You only need extra height when the opposing team are lumping the balls into the box - rare enough tactic these days.

On another note I am delighted to Mourinho poisoning a different club these days rather than our own. He is far from finished but needs time which he won't get.

3 points against Everton is a must. Momentum is important. And its frikkin November.

Azp was targeted by Ibra a lot during the Utd game, I'm expecting Lukaku to do the same actually but ya, Dave is a fantastic player and its testement to the back line that a fully fit JT cant get back in, Zouma wont be getting straight back in either and rightfully so, this current back 3 has earned the right to play on merit.

Agreed about the Everton game, I thought that Koeman was wrong leaving Southampton but hes pushing Everton well at the moment and they're only 2 points behind us so a win is vital to keep them back too and if we win, we'll gain on Arsenal or Spurs depending in the result in their game. Just ove a quarter of the way into the season and I'm happy at the moment.
    Panthro wrote: »
    If zouma takes Dave place..Dave takes Alonso's place.
    A team without Dave is a far weakened team.

Nah, I reckon Daves time as amke shift LB are done, Alonso brings great balance to the side instead of checking back on to his right hes able to drive players back. Unless its a must, I cant see Azp taking Alonsos LWB spot.

And we might get past the 10k with this momentum!

10 more posts to go......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Koeman has a pretty decent record against us as a manager and Everton have proved to be a bit of a bogey team for us at home. We're in good shape though.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Koeman has a pretty decent record against us as a manager and Everton have proved to be a bit of a bogey team for us at home. We're in good shape though.

Apart from last seasons 3-3 draw, we've beat them 4 of the last 5 league games at the Bridge.

I'm confident enough but it will be a very tough game.

We've started agmes pretty well this year and got a few early goals of late which is a good thing, settles the team down and forces the opposition out so another quick goal Saturday would be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apart from last seasons 3-3 draw, we've beat them 4 of the last 5 league games at the Bridge.

I'm confident enough but it will be a very tough game.

We've started agmes pretty well this year and got a few early goals of late which is a good thing, settles the team down and forces the opposition out so another quick goal Saturday would be very welcome.

Yeah makes our life much easier when we get an early goal.

My memory is tainted by that last minute Tim Cahill bicycle kick years ago that took us out of the title race :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nah, I reckon Daves time as amke shift LB are done, Alonso brings great balance to the side instead of checking back on to his right hes able to drive players back. Unless its a must, I cant see Azp taking Alonsos LWB spot.

I'd hope not either, Dave's done his time at LB.
    But if Conte decided he were to squeeze in zouma somewhere, it simply can not be at Dave's expense. Cahill has had a few stormers at 3-4-3 but for me Dave is undropable. Him and Moses are water tight.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd hope not either, Dave's done his time at LB.
    But if Conte decided he were to squeeze in zouma somewhere, it simply can not be at Dave's expense. Cahill has had a few stormers at 3-4-3 but for me Dave is undropable. Him and Moses are water tight.

Watch both of them fall apart now this weekend after you're jinx :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Hope so of the teams above lose this Weekend and catch up with them with a win. Roll on tomorrrow and new thread.

• Advertisement

I've got nothing really just want 10,000

Kerry Dixon

I've got nothing really just want 10,000

Kerry Dixon

me too

The game is on the scouser friendly BT sport tomorrow ,Owen or mcmanamon doing the commentary , I hate em

The game is on the scouser friendly BT sport tomorrow ,Owen or mcmanamon doing the commentary , I hate em

what a bunch of b@stards!

(yes!!)

haha now cut and paste this video in the post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAke3wzhmxk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement