Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Piazon wanted on sexual assault claims in Canada.

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ramires signs a new deal.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/10/ramires-signs-new-contract.html

Brings him upto 2019....or hopefully sold in the summer to finance Pogba. :pac:

Ramires takes a lot of flak from us at times but he's a useful player and has done quite well this season IMO. Happy to see him staying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lukker- wrote: »
    Piazon wanted on sexual assault claims in Canada.

Jesus.

He'll never make it with us either, just hope this won't affect his potential transfer fee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

5starpool wrote: »

Was really expecting the date on that "report" to be 1st April, surprised it wasn't. 1 ex Liverpool manager is way too much but many thanks for the offer :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Was really expecting the date on that "report" to be 1st April, surprised it wasn't. 1 ex Liverpool manager is way too much but many thanks for the offer :-)

Ah we wouldn't begrudge ye in your hour of need ;)

Once ye win on Saturday though the heat will be back off for a week or so again I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ive not clicked the articel but does it suggest what to do with one of our current 3 CFs :pac:

Edit : AFAIK, Teixeira plays in the hole as a #10 usually, I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read that Jose's father is not not very well back in Lisbon. This would affect anyone, maybe he needs some time out to be with his family.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    I read that Jose's father is not not very well back in Lisbon. This would affect anyone, maybe he needs some time out to be with his family.

I was saying this too, he should get a week or two at least and leave his assistants in the dugout. No way it will happen though.

Joses father has not been well since last season, he had brain surgery at the end of the season. Its an issue certainly, like Carlo before him who was going back and forth between England and Italy during his 2nd season I cant imagine Jose is in a good place with this.

Hes a family man and this would effect anyone, if needs bed, I dont think the club would suffer in giving him time off, Jose himself has always praised Rui Faria and Steve Holland as excellent coaches who would be able to run the club in Joses absence.

peteeeed wrote: »

Shaktar fans rate him higher then Douglas Costa who is on fire for Bayern. Think it would be a good move, we lack a real goal threat from attacking mdfield.

Just read a few snippets here and there of Kloop's pre match interview have to say it is hard not to like that guy.

Shaktar fans rate him higher then Douglas Costa who is on fire for Bayern. Think it would be a good move, we lack a real goal threat

Fixed that for you :pac::pac::pac:

Well he turned up for the press conference :pac::pac:

That was the second week on the trot he was quite miserable during the press conference.

Said some nice things about Kloop, not a friend as such as football does not really allow but a person he likes and respects and one of the very top managers in Europe.

Pedro and Costa have a chance for tomorrow but will need a fitness test

Would not comment on appeal or anything at all about officials

Would not talk about Eva

Another meah press conference if these continue I may do some work instead of watching them :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

press conf

'Courtois and Ivanovic are out. Pedro and Diego we are going to wait on, the others are fine

'I'm not a close friend of Jurgen Klopp's because football doesn't allow that, but he's a guy I like a lot

'It's not because he missed a penalty I will criticise Eden Hazard. He had a positive game at Stoke and I was pleased with him.'

'We are going to try and play as well as we did last season against Liverpool.'

ramieres a player who is ready to play, be on the bench, it's his mentality as a group man.'

"In my career, every game is a must win game

On all the Eva Carneiro submitting legal paperwork stories: "We're not aware that we've received any paperwork"

Jose Mourinho refuses to say at his news conference whether he has accepted an improper conduct charge following his half-time dismissal at West Ham last Saturday.

Shaktar fans rate him higher then Douglas Costa who is on fire for Bayern. Think it would be a good move, we lack a real goal threat from attacking mdfield.

Douglas Costa has been very good for Bayern alright, I wonder what he'd be like for an EPL side, well for us he'd just spend his day covering the FB position anyway. :pac:

So unless Teixeria is planning on playing CDM I'd say its nothing but a slo wnews day for the papers.

• Advertisement

Courtois is out for another few weeks anyway, be surprised if we see him until the end of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

That was the second week on the trot he was quite miserable during the press conference.

Said some nice things about Kloop, not a friend as such as football does not really allow but a person he likes and respects and one of the very top managers in Europe.

Pedro and Costa have a chance for tomorrow but will need a fitness test

Would not comment on appeal or anything at all about officials

Would not talk about Eva

Another meah press conference if these continue I may do some work instead of watching them :eek:

TBH I'm glad, think he needs to dull the press conferences down. The media are dying to get their cheap stories out of him and they don't care if he gets the sack or not. It's just something more to sell their rags. He just needs to get the head down and not be baited by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Saadyst wrote: »
    TBH I'm glad, think he needs to dull the press conferences down. The media are dying to get their cheap stories out of him and they don't care if he gets the sack or not. It's just something more to sell their rags. He just needs to get the head down and not be baited by them.

Be a double edged sword for journalists if he were to go. His departure would be massive and journalists would have a field day but he's generating plenty of column inches as the incumbent at Chelsea and I doubt his replacement would generate as many.

greendom wrote: »
    Be a double edged sword for journalists if he were to go. His departure would be massive and journalists would have a field day but he's generating plenty of column inches as the incumbent at Chelsea and I doubt his replacement would generate as many.

Exactly, he was essentially heralded as the second coming when he came back. That's the hypocrisy of the media though, they will build you up just to break you down.

Very true but it would be nice if he could do the same with a smile on his face, he obviously now has a very high disregard for the press it would be very disconcerting for them if he was to smile all the way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Very true but it would be nice if he could do the same with a smile on his face, he obviously now has a very high disregard for the press it would be very disconcerting for them if he was to smile all the way through.

Yep, but the more I think about it... nobody needs to be talking to the press when they this amount of pressure on them. Father's condition, the problems with the team, etc. So just get the media duties out the way and focus on the rest.

• Advertisement

He could send Steve Holland, AFAIK, the manager doesnt have to do the weekly press conference but the FA will seek an explanation if he misses more than 75% of those hes meant to do.

I read that somewhere, or I'm picking it out of the sky, not entirely sure TBH. :pac:

Yep, but the more I think about it... nobody needs to be talking to the press when they this amount of pressure on them. Father's condition, the problems with the team, etc. So just get the media duties out the way and focus on the rest.

Yea that's a fair point well made

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone else like to see the Costa of old return? The one that kicks lumps out of other players and scores goals.
    We had one attempt on goal in the first half.

Well maybe not kick lumps but he seems kinda toothless lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hi lads , my second son was born yesterday , my first was born day before this same PL fixture in 2011/12 season ... We lost 2-1 at home - just saying !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I'm sick of this sh1te now. There is no other option other than getting Jose out. We are a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Well at least it's not 1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's going on lads ? ****ing he'll lik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Have we had a shot on goal in the second half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Well he'll be gone after this and his successor will be a significantly inferior manager who'll have to deal with exactly the same set of issues.

I'm beaming with optimism.

We've been terrible. No decisions are going our way but at this stage we can't really expect them too we just have to play the hand we are dealt and we've been doing it terribly.

Essien wrote: »
    Well he'll be gone after this and his successor will be a significantly inferior manager who'll have to deal with exactly the same set of issues.

I'd have Carlo on the same level as him. Even if we got an inferior manager don't underestimate what a fresh face can bring. Things clearly need to change, the players have looked miserable all season.

I'd have Carlo on the same level as him. Even if we got an inferior manager don't underestimate what a fresh face can bring. Things clearly need to change, the players have looked miserable all season.

I'd have Carlo on the same level as him too, and Pep, but we're not getting either.

The players, probably 1 in particular, have too much power here. We can address the weaknesses in the squad by backing the manager, or we can ignore them and completely undermine him. It's been clear which way it's going this season, especially if he gets the bullet.

Jose was great last season. This season he is crap and he won't turn it around. We are in the bottom 6....the bottom 6. The current champions. Whatever has gone wrong its Joses fault. I've wanted him out since the Swansea result and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. He's an embarrassment with the waffle he comes out with after we lose.

RodgersIn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Why would Ancelotti or Pep want to go near this Chelsea side?

€€€€€€€€ - why do any of them do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Because you have a billionaire owner who can change things around with a new manager.

Their are only 3 clubs in the league who can change things around with money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As I was saying last week, it's a 100% Mourinho squad - if someone else comes in, he'll have to ring the changes to the squad to freshen it up to his own taste. What if he doesn't think Willian or Ramires or Fabregas or Terry or Cahill (for example) are the players to build around or wants to defend with a high line...

If Guardiola for example came in tomorrow, he'd rout the squad to suit him.

dfx- wrote: »
    As I was saying last week, it's a 100% Mourinho squad - if someone else comes in, he'll have to ring the changes to the squad to freshen it up to his own taste. What if he doesn't think Willian or Ramires or Fabregas or Terry or Cahill (for example) are the players to build around or wants to defend with a high line...

Good...

Garzorico wrote: »
    Good...

Nobody will be allowed overhaul the squad. I have a feeling that the next manager who tries to replace Terry will get the same reaction Jose got this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

dfx- wrote: »

Can't think of too many managers that wouldnt want Willian tbh. Excellent player and works so hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

In my opinion there's too much blame on Jose, he's having a nightmare but this squad (except for 1 or 2 players) won the league last year and now can barely string a couple of passes to each other.
    How can you blame Jose for the likes of Fab not being able to do jack sh*t when last year he was essential to the team, same with Haz or Matic.
    They all need to wake the fook up and fast before someone does something the club will regret for many years!

Nobody will be allowed overhaul the squad. I have a feeling that the next manager who tries to replace Terry will get the same reaction Jose got this season.

I find it hard to belive that JT has that clout in the dressing room. Players like winning pots, not pandering to the ego of one player...don't they?
    Whatever Jose ain't turning this round. Roman needs to get rid quick if he wants CL football next season.

Killinator wrote: »
    In my opinion there's too much blame on Jose, he's having a nightmare but this squad (except for 1 or 2 players) won the league last year and now can barely string a couple of passes to each other.
    How can you blame Jose for the likes of Fab not being able to do jack sh*t when last year he was essential to the team, same with Haz or Matic.
    They all need to wake the fook up and fast before someone does something the club will regret for many years!

It's Joses job to motivate/wake them up/get them performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Because you have a billionaire owner who can change things around with a new manager.

Their are only 3 clubs in the league who can change things around with money.

Before ultimately getting the sack. I don't think Ancelotti would fancy getting sacked by Chelsea twice in his career.

• Advertisement

That was great craic....said no Chelsea fan ever.

No point ranting about the ref today, we deserved nothing and got precisely that.

i'm fully expecting him to be sacked in the coming hours/days and while I'll be 100% against the decision, I can see exactly why it would happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement