Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Essien wrote: »
    Nobody will be allowed overhaul the squad. I have a feeling that the next manager who tries to replace Terry will get the same reaction Jose got this season.

In that case, perhaps Mourinho's best achievement would be finally being the one to clear out or marginalise particular players that Vilas Boas started. He is probably the one who will get the most licence from Chelsea fans to do it.

If another manager tries and loses games, the fans will be all over him.
    Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Can't think of too many managers that wouldnt want Willian tbh. Excellent player and works so hard.

Ok, but that's just an example. You could swap it with a new man not putting up with Costa's flirting with retrospective bans and red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Jose is getting all the heat unfairly .. the players need to take responsibility for the poor performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Garzorico wrote: »
    I find it hard to belive that JT has that clout in the dressing room. Players like winning pots, not pandering to the ego of one player...don't they?

It's not just Terry, it's a combination of things including senior player influence.

Coming into the season we knew Jose wasn't happy with the squad, and rightly so. After the transfer window we now know he's also not happy with the board, who clearly havent supported him.

That really isolates him within the club, and the whole Eva thing surely didn't help matters.

To me, it all boils down to whether or not the manager should have absolute power over the squad. Ignoring the issues in the squad because they are primarily senior players and ultimately sacking the manager completely goes against that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think Jose wants out tbh. But he also wants payment as I'm sure he feels he wasn't backed properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Being beaten by a fairly average pool team will leave Jose fuming. The big players just have not showed up this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Does anyone else feel that this drastic downturn in form, is almost exclusively down to the disgraceful treatment of Eva Carneiro?

Okay, she doesn't have any effect on tactics, but in any management situation it's a total balancing act and removing one popular person from the team in a humiliating fashion as he did, can have absolutely drastic effects on overal morale.

I think there's a few players there with a major grudge against him due to that, and it's been the catalyst for what we're seeing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The simple and best scenario is too back him and leave him get rid of who he wants and bring in who he wants.

Otherwise, we'll be back to a situation where the manager doesn't have power and we're sacking guys for fun.

If they back Jose now, they'll reap the rewards next year and in the future IMO, I just hope the bean counters and Roman realise a short term gain of sacking him and finishing top 8 isnt as appealing as keeping him and stuttering on for another few months.

Every week the season gets worse, its write off, nothing can be salvaged, even if we brought in Ronaldo, Messi and Guardiola in January the season is a write off so do the correct thing and leave Jose in charge and back him in the summer.

Sacking him now will see serious issues with the fan base and the owner.

A lot of tweets flying around saying emergency press conference at Chelsea at 5pm. Not sure how much stock can be put in it

daRobot wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that this drastic downturn in form, is almost exclusively down to the disgraceful treatment of Eva Carneiro?

Okay, she doesn't have any effect on tactics, but in any management situation it's a total balancing act and removing one popular person from the team in a humiliating fashion as he did, can have absolutely drastic effects on overal morale.

I think there's a few players there with a major grudge against him due to that, and it's been the catalyst for what we're seeing now.

It's got to have played a part.

A member of staff treated like that for doing her job is bound to have caused players to say wtf is going on. I'd say he lost some players over that tbh.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The simple and best scenario is too back him and leave him get rid of who he wants and bring in who he wants.

Otherwise, we'll be back to a situation where the manager doesn't have power and we're sacking guys for fun.

+1000000

...but it won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's got to have played a part.

A member of staff treated like that for doing her job is bound to have caused players to say wtf is going on. I'd say he lost some players over that tbh.

Most Chelsea fans say she brought in on herself and it was much about nothing so I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nope, we were sh*t in pre-season and any Chelsea fan will tell you that. The players have said they expected it to be easier retaining the league so theyve not got going but Jose hasnt helped it by consistently picking the same players week in week out.

I dont get how Eva could be anything other than a stick to beat him with? she wasnt sacked, her match day role changed. she was asked to come back and didnt, now I can see her side of it too but if any player doesnt have the mentality to deal with that, theyre at the wrong club. Players, coaches and managers come and go in football, losing one of them doesnt account for the terrible results weve been getting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Hi lads , my second son was born yesterday , my first was born day before this same PL fixture in 2011/12 season ... We lost 2-1 at home - just saying !!

Please have more children my friend!

Watch Couthino have his 1 good game in 10 against us and score now. :o

Called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

The match stats against Liverpool tell a story. Desperate.

Costa needs to be dropped.
    Hazard needs to be dropped.
    Oscar needs to be dropped.

Bring in the kids and give them a shot.

I don't understand the Jose love in at this stage. It's November and we've won 3 league games and lost 6 and played rubbish for all of them. Time for him to turn up.

So was there an emergency press conference by the club at 5? (As has been suggested)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Nope, we were sh*t in pre-season and any Chelsea fan will tell you that. The players have said they expected it to be easier retaining the league so theyve not got going but Jose hasnt helped it by consistently picking the same players week in week out.

I dont get how Eva could be anything other than a stick to beat him with? she wasnt sacked, her match day role changed. she was asked to come back and didnt, now I can see her side of it too but if any player doesnt have the mentality to deal with that, theyre at the wrong club. Players, coaches and managers come and go in football, losing one of them doesnt account for the terrible results weve been getting.

Was looking at his post match interview with the BBC there. He says "the fans aren't stupid, they know who are pushing us". Who is he talking about? The media, the Football authorities, or someone upstairs at Chelsea?

He should've walked in the summer if he wasn't being backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If we're going to lose every game I rather we went out and just all out attacked rather then what we saw today. Whatever that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well if I was a player I'd rather a rub when I'm hurt of her. Must of been terrible for moral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ricero wrote: »
    Well if I was a player I'd rather a rub when I'm hurt of her. Must of been terrible for moral

Better from a moral standpoint, worse from a morale standpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Well he has just said again that he is not going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Jose should be made listen to the Australian rugby captain in order to learn how to behave and react after a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well at least we are showing you cannot do well in the PL with only 2 defenders and both of them playing out of position.

Nowt for it season over maybe we can win the Europa League to get to the CL next season but we will be lucky to make top 10. But as season is over just have to hope it's a Manchester side holding up the trophy at the end of the season, G'WAN Unitcity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sky sports have a breaking news item that their sources say his position isn't under immediate threat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Fuçk it I'm going to put €20 on us to win the champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Fuçk it I'm going to put €20 on us to win the champions league.

I'll also say the year after my first kid we won the UCL ... Just saying
    And djokovic won 3 slams the year he was born
    Just saying .....put your money on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'll also say the year after my first kid we won the UCL ... Just saying
    And djokovic won 3 slams the year he was born
    Just saying .....put your money on!!

Congratulations on the new arrival BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

thomasj wrote: »
    Sky sports have a breaking news item that their sources say his position isn't under immediate threat

Phew thank god for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

thomasj wrote: »
    I'd say that if you lose to Kiev on wednesday night (think you'll win, by the way), then he'll be under severe pressure. Lose against Kiev and qualification for the knockout stage would be difficult (not impossible). Baffling how far you've slipped in a few months. It's more or less the same side that strolled to the title last May. The players obviously haven't turned into poor players overnight; is it all totally down to Mourinho? Serious question, by the way; I'm not WUMming.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    I'd say that if you lose to Kiev on wednesday night (think you'll win, by the way), then he'll be under severe pressure. Lose against Kiev and qualification for the knockout stage would be difficult (not impossible). Baffling how far you've slipped in a few months. It's more or less the same side that strolled to the title last May. The players obviously haven't turned into poor players overnight; is it all totally down to Mourinho? Serious question, by the way; I'm not WUMming.

WUMming ?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Congratulations on the new arrival BTW.

Cheers , I just pray he doesn't end up a barca fan !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

WUMming ?

Wind Up Merchanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My theory on it is that one of the players was up to no good with the physio. Mourinho wasnt happy with this and was basically waiting for a chance to get rid of her. His reaction to her that day was way OTT. The players then lost a fair bit of respect for mourinho. I understand this is pure tabloid type stuff but I cant see how the team would have collapsed the way they have in such a short space of time. Obviously a less sensational view is the one above which could also be the reason. At the end of the day she is an attractive woman and boys will be boys. No major players have left and its the same manager in charge. I just think there is more to the collapse than players being out of form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

My theory on it is that one of the players was up to no good with the physio. Mourinho wasnt happy with this and was basically waiting for a chance to get rid of her. His reaction to her that day was way OTT. The players then lost a fair bit of respect for mourinho. I understand this is pure tabloid type stuff but I cant see how the team would have collapsed the way they have in such a short space of time. Obviously a less sensational view is the one above which could also be the reason. At the end of the day she is an attractive woman and boys will be boys. No major players have left and its the same manager in charge. I just think there is more to the collapse than players being out of form

Jesus.

A lot of ****e here the last few weeks by this.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Jesus.

A lot of ****e here the last few weeks by this.
    its a theory thats all. Whats your explanation for the collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

B17G wrote: »
    Wind Up Merchanting.
    Thank you. I thought everybody in internetland knew of the term. Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

One of two things need to happen imo. Jose gets the sack or he's backed to the hilt and this means removing the so called professional footballers who aren't doing their job and full backing in the transfer market.
    Bloody players annoy me. If they're the type of players who would turn the season around with the introduction
    of a new manager then they're unprofessional. Let's say a new boss comes in and the boys turn it around, they aren't suddenly playing above themselves like what might happen with a relegation threatened team . They would be merely playing at the level they should be playing at which in my opinion means that over half of they team is right now veins professionally negligent to Chelsea football club .
    From this we can see then that the blame for results is at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

At least 80% with the players

Is it possible that one of the problems is that Chelsea players aren't in the habit if digging deep for their manager when things get tough.

Doesn't explain people like Matic and Fab

I dunno, it's just amazing how the players are under performing for him.

I think saying there's something fishy going on is a bit unrealistic.

I think it's something that just started with burn-out after the league win.

Since then Jose has not been able to turn it around.

The bizzare thing is his behaviour which to be honest makes me think at this stage that he wants out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I wonder which player it was, probably one of the foreigners, Costa or Fabregas, would be my guess, would explain a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

She was a decent bird alright but these footballers can have anyone. I doubt anyone would fall out over her.

That's an awful theory in fairness.

Quite disrespectful towards the lady as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

I wonder which player it was, probably one of the foreigners, Costa or Fabregas, would be my guess, would explain a lot.

Aren't most of them 'foreigners'?!

gosplan wrote: »
    That's an awful theory in fairness.

Quite disrespectful towards the lady as well.
    probably nothing in it but thats the way of the world put an attractive girl in an office full of lads, on a building site, a secretary in the political world etc and these things happen. Its totally unproffessional if it does happen in this circumstance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Well at least we are showing you cannot do well in the PL with only 2 defenders and both of them playing out of position.

Nowt for it season over maybe we can win the Europa League to get to the CL next season but we will be lucky to make top 10. But as season is over just have to hope it's a Manchester side holding up the trophy at the end of the season, G'WAN Unitcity

This team will win *nothing* this season.

The new objective is to avoid relegation and to rebuild the team starting January.

I can't see Hazard surviving long. Time to cash in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

probably nothing in it but thats the way of the world put an attractive girl in an office full of lads, on a building site, a secretary in the political world etc and these things happen. Its totally unproffessional if it does happen in this circumstance though.

Can you check the nearest calendar for what year it is in your world?

Sand wrote: »
    Can you check the nearest calendar for what year it is in your world?
    do you really think there is no chance that it could have happened? and if so do you think mourinho would be pleased ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

do you really think there is no chance that it could have happened? and if so do you think mourinho would be pleased ?

maybe she turned down Jose's advances, ;)
    The silver tongued one is losing his touch in more ways than one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I cant rule out a possibility that you were sleeping with one of the foreign players at Chelsea. Can you disprove that you werent? Mourinho probably wouldn't be pleased about that either.

maybe she turned down Jose's advances, ;)
    The silver tongued one is losing his touch in more ways than one
    im not here on a wind up Im just giving an opinion on something that may have caused an issue could be totally off the mark with it. I do think the demise of chelsea is some sort of an off field issue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement