Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sand wrote: »
    I cant rule out a possibility that you were sleeping with one of the foreign players at Chelsea. Can you disprove that you werent? Mourinho probably wouldn't be pleased about that either.
    Ill leave you to it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ill leave you to it so.

Probably for the best. Have more respect for people than spreading baseless rumours that don't survive contact with some reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

There was a report going back a few months ago the Ivanovic was at it😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Remember, "Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned".

And where did the "You're not Special anymore" One get the right to wear the little Poppy, seeing as he is manager of a club with a 100 year connection with the Crown's Forces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Oh it appears we have a lot of new posters, we must be doing something right, hello ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Oh it appears we have a lot of new posters, we must be doing something right, hello ��

Indeed, spreading the joy around, how kind:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Success brings hate etc... And faux outrage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think you were unlucky today (arsenal fan here) Lucas should have gone you seem to have fallen to pieces after that went against ya though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I think you were unlucky today (arsenal fan here) Lucas should have gone you seem to have fallen to pieces after that went against ya though

Lucas could've been sent off, but not surprising he wasn't. Refs often won't produce a second yellow for such an innocuous challenge.

And you really should mention that Costa definitely should've been gone before that.

Also, falling apart when a 50/50 call (the yellow, not the foul) doesn't go your way is not "unlucky", it's a part of what's wrong at Chelsea at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's like an alarm goes off

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

A couple of Chelsea players won't do it for Mou anymore. Which means they won't do it for CFC. Cut them loose for the right price, starting with ditching them from the squad.

Jose's best bet now is to pick only those who *will* play for him, and get a few results on the trot.

Whether the no-showers include Hazard and Costa or not, both have to be jogged on. Hazard has kind of always been semi-detached. Costa gets injured and suspended too much. I think he's done as much for CFC as he's going to do. Which was win the premiership.

If Jose can get CFC to beat Kiev and get a couple of EPL results under the belt, he's in with a shout to make it to the January window. With some fancy transfer footwork he can keep the UCL hand in, and climb up the table. Even if he doesn't make fourth, once he can build a team he can rely on, he can make it to 2016/17.

That means the powers that be have to hold their nerve. Which they certainly won't do if we don't at least beat Kiev and get four out of the next six EPL points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We're out of the running in the EPL.
    Take the rest of the season as an opportunity to blood in a few fringe players. God knows half the first teamers are miles off form so hes not exactly risk taking.
    Give Traore,Kenedy,Baba RLC a bit more game time and see how we fare out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Panthro wrote: »
    We're out of the running in the EPL.
    Take the rest of the season as an opportunity to blood in a few fringe players. God knows half the first teamers are miles off form so hes not exactly risk taking.
    Give Traore,Kenedy,Baba RLC a bit more game time and see how we fare out.

Can Chelsea afford to be out of the champions league next year if they want to attract top top players.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Can Chelsea afford to be out of the champions league next year if they want to attract top top players.

It's not like there's really a choice anymore. We'll just have to bite that particular bullet. Either Jose has a credible plan and sway over enough of the current squad, or the whole thing is just beyond him now. The next few games will tell us. And him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

McDave wrote: »
    A couple of Chelsea players won't do it for Mou anymore. Which means they won't do it for CFC. Cut them loose for the right price, starting with ditching them from the squad.

Jose's best bet now is to pick only those who *will* play for him, and get a few results on the trot.

Whether the no-showers include Hazard and Costa or not, both have to be jogged on. Hazard has kind of always been semi-detached. Costa gets injured and suspended too much. I think he's done as much for CFC as he's going to do. Which was win the premiership.

If Jose can get CFC to beat Kiev and get a couple of EPL results under the belt, he's in with a shout to make it to the January window. With some fancy transfer footwork he can keep the UCL hand in, and climb up the table. Even if he doesn't make fourth, once he can build a team he can rely on, he can make it to 2016/17.

That means the powers that be have to hold their nerve. Which they certainly won't do if we don't at least beat Kiev and get four out of the next six EPL points.

January this year will be more dead than ever. Very little hope of getting anyone decent so close to the Euros.

To be honest buying is not the answer.

Either Jose learns how to motivate this team or he's simply not a good long term bet for Chelsea.

I'm not having a pop here, I think he's a very very good manager and a serial winner but the issue is that he is now outside his M.O. of 'go in, get team winning, have 1-2 great seasons and leave'.

Now he has to regenerate his own team for the first time and he's clearly struggling with it.

He doesn't need to win the league or anything but if he can't climb up the table a fair bit with this side by Jan, then there's zero point in giving him a budget.

I know that's kind of what you're saying but he can't go on say beating Norwich but losing to Spurs and Stoke and staying in the bottom half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

gosplan wrote: »
    Either Jose learns how to motivate this team or he's simply not a good long term bet for Chelsea.

I don't think it's that simple. Jose identified weaknesses in the squad and wanted them to be addressed during the summer. They weren't.

That leaves him between a squad full of big egos who know he's not happy with them and a board who won't back him to replace them.

I'd say a lot of minds are made up in that dressing room so it's not simply a case of pulling a rabbit out of a hat and all of a sudden they want to play for him again.

If a couple of notable (and necessary) replacements were made, then I'd imagine we'd see a change in attitude very quickly among some of the other underperformers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Essien wrote: »
    I don't think it's that simple. Jose identified weaknesses in the squad and wanted them to be addressed during the summer. They weren't.

That leaves him between a squad full of big egos who know he's not happy with them and a board who won't back him to replace them.

I'd say a lot of minds are made up in that dressing room so it's not simply a case of pulling a rabbit out of a hat and all of a sudden they want to play for him again.

If a couple of notable (and necessary) replacements were made, then I'd imagine we'd see a change in attitude very quickly among some of the other underperformers.
    Excellent post.
    That's the best description of the situation that I've read anywhere, I also agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

All the theories about player unrest or discord with the manager etc would explain a drop off from last year. But not to this extent. This is dramatic in the extreme.

Even if the players aren't playing for him anymore surely the fall off isn't this severe?
    Doesn't say much for the culture of the club that a bit of unrest and the players/manager whoever have let the place go into crisis because they are a bit put out. Other clubs (with weaker teams) have had similar upset in the set up but very few have let it affect them to this degree.
    Other clubs with weaker players don't make the signings they want but it doesn't go this bad.

To be honest I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea as my dad is a fan but I've taken great enjoyment from the whole situation simply because of Mourinho and his antics. A more unlikable man you will be a long time looking for.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    All the theories about player unrest or discord with the manager etc would explain a drop off from last year. But not to this extent. This is dramatic in the extreme.

A lot of things could explain last year's drop off, but they were strolling away with the league, so I'd safely say morale/unrest wasn't one of them.

We could all see then that some changes would be necessary this season, particularly in defence. Failure to correctly address those changes is how we've wound up where we are now.

All IMO obviously, as I haven't a feckin' notion what's going on behind closed doors.

Didn't the casual non chelsea super thread drop in when the chips are down fans conclude that Eva must have been having it off with a player earlier on in the week?! It all added up, but completely and utterly baseless, but worth discussing none the less.

Aww...Conspiracy theories are fun to read sometimes.

• Advertisement

January this year will be more dead than ever. Very little hope of getting anyone decent so close to the Euros.

To be honest buying is not the answer.

I'm not having a pop here, I think he's a very very good manager and a serial winner but the issue is that he is now outside his M.O. of 'go in, get team winning, have 1-2 great seasons and leave'.

Now he has to regenerate his own team for the first time and he's clearly struggling with it.

He doesn't need to win the league or anything but if he can't climb up the table a fair bit with this side by Jan, then there's zero point in giving him a budget.

I know that's kind of what you're saying but he can't go on say beating Norwich but losing to Spurs and Stoke and staying in the bottom half.
    The way I see it, Chelsea simply haven't been able to replace the Cech-Terry-Lampard-Drogba spine. Good players have been bought in since and different styles tried out, but in some ways it's been a bit of a dog's dinner since Ancelotti.

The UCL was overdue, and even though luck was involved and it was the last hurrah for the abovementioned spine, it glossed over real problems. Including the horrendous money wasted on Torres, and the out-of-time attempt to build a tiki-taka midfield to attract Guardiola.

To be fair to Jose 2, he steadied a listing ship, made some astute buys (Cesc and Costa) which were sticking plasters. As for last summer, but to be a fly on the wall. What were Jose's demands, and what did the club say. Likely make do with what you've got unless one out one in can deliver. Likely the club didn't back him the way LVG got backed. Likely Jose gambled he could keep last year's squad ticking over. But when chickens actually roosted in August, Terry hit the wall and the club couldn't deliver Stones, it all came apart.

My feeling is that RA gave Mou his extension, but not the means to do the business. IMO, the unfolding disaster is more RA's than JM's fault. For those reasons, I'm not really attaching much significance to motivating a declining squad, or lacking building skills. Had Jose got Stones, a Pogba equivalent and another decent striker, (and had we not lost Courtois), I think that would have been enough freshening to mount a challenge.

As it stands, practically everything that could have gone wrong has. Maybe RA should accept that Jose is human, as was Carlo before him, and not expect the impossible just because he mandates it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

There's no such thing as a long term bet for Chelsea. Unless long term means 3 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

I'd like to call a spade a spade.

As many Blues Fans, I've been around a long time ( early '70's)

My point is that Mourinho is a liability to the Club. Its all very well building a fortress mentality, but he is inculcating a hatred and antipathy to the club with his CONSTANT whinging.

Thus , refs ( being human beings) will NOT give 50/50 decisions in our favour.
    They are just as pi**ed off as anyone else when some git constantly complains about them. His attitude to Eva was a total fuc*ing disgrace. Karma is being sown here.

I wasnt happy that he returned to the Club, and would like to see him removed.

He has sown dissent and disorder.

Its not about you or your ego Jose, its about the Blue Flag.

So, if you love this Club so much, kindly leave. Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Can we get Samsung back ? They've been nothing but good for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Don't know what the rest of you think but the very fact Jose isn't gone already is a sign Roman may have accepted you can't keeping chopping managers and expect sustained success.
    Or is that wishful thinking?
    Tigerbaby wrote: »

So, if you love this Club so much, kindly leave. Now.

And then back on the 'ol merry-go-round goround?

Very good points and I'd agree but it goes a bit further too.

Matic - Cesc - Hazard - Costa ... all in the running for PL team of the season last year. They should be the ones carrying the defence. Yesterday 1 did nothing, 1 subbed off after 50 odd minutes and 2 started in the bench.

It's staggering how poorly they're playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just popping in to ask if anyone else was watching MOTD2 tonight? Pretty sure I heard them discussing a supposed quote from an anonymous Chelsea player that he'd "rather lose than play for Jose Mourinho ". Did anyone else catch that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Ardent wrote: »
    Just popping in to ask if anyone else was watching MOTD2 tonight? Pretty sure I heard them discussing a supposed quote from an anonymous Chelsea player that he'd "rather lose than play for Jose Mourinho ". Did anyone else catch that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3298903/Chelsea-team-member-lose-win-Jose-Mourinho.html

This is something that puzzles me when I see it, I didn't follow particularly closely over the summer. But why would Chelsea suddenly stop backing him in the transfer market? Big money was spent of the likes of Cuadrado last year for nothing, they signed Pedro, going by media reports they put in a bigger offer for Martial but other then that who did Jose want that he couldn't get? Stones? How much did ye want to pay for the lad? Couldn't Mourinho have said, ok and moved on down the list for a defender like every other manager does?

I don't buy the poor victim Mourinho tbh, just after winning a league title it would make no sense for the club to suddenly decide to tighten the purse strings.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ardent wrote: »

Any player coming out with comments like that should not be seen wearing the shirt again.

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »

If that's true then he has to go.

He's always made enemies but he has become increasingly hostile and if he's making enemies within Stamford Bridge, then he should be let go.

This is something that puzzles me when I see it, I didn't follow particularly closely over the summer. But why would Chelsea suddenly stop backing him in the transfer market? Big money was spent of the likes of Cuadrado last year for nothing, they signed Pedro, going by media reports they put in a bigger offer for Martial but other then that who did Jose want that he couldn't get? Stones? How much did ye want to pay for the lad? Couldn't Mourinho have said, ok and moved on down the list for a defender like every other manager does?

I don't buy the poor victim Mourinho tbh, just after winning a league title it would make no sense for the club to suddenly decide to tighten the purse strings.
    CFC have been taking FFP quite literally. The purse strings have been tight for years now. The business done in Summer 2014 was focussed. Regardess of it not working out, Cuadrado was modest money. Pedro was not a first choice. CFC didn't meet Stones' buyout clause.

On expectations and priorities, I'd have a lot more faith in Jose than you would.

If that's true then he has to go.

He's always made enemies but he has become increasingly hostile and if he's making enemies within Stamford Bridge, then he should be let go.

So when Keane had his strop, Fergie should have walked the plank! Em, right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This is something that puzzles me when I see it, I didn't follow particularly closely over the summer. But why would Chelsea suddenly stop backing him in the transfer market?

Again, I just don't think it's that simple. IMO it's more a case of them possibly not doing enough than just not backing him.

If Jose says we need to replace player A with player B, then maybe they just didn't work quite hard enough to make that happen. Maybe they didn't see the need for replacement as being as urgent as Jose and thought maybe we'll get another season out of this guy or maybe we'll get that guy cheaper at another time.

But the end result is that the manager isn't going into the season with the players he wants.

It could also be just as likely that Jose was simply demanding too much.

This is all just me jumping to conclusions though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Roll on another week of lols and poor results.

Its like supporting Chelsea in the 90's, you dont know whats gonna to happen, tonk a team 4-0 or lose to a relegation battler 1-0.

Mezcita wrote: »

The Daily Mail?...

Neil Ashton?!...

Ink?!....

Well it all makes sense now, Eva's been royiding Ivan. Has to be.
    Unless I see the player himself saying something like that, I'd take the whole thing like how I take me spuds, with a pinch a salt.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Roll on another week of lols and poor results.

Its like supporting Chelsea in the 90's, you dont know whats gonna to happen, tonk a team 4-0 or lose to a relegation battler 1-0.

(Whispers it....) ..... Remember the craic we had with... Leeds!... Shhhh!

• Advertisement

Any Chelsea fan with half a brain will have written this season off as the disaster it is. Collectively, the best thing to do is back Jose to the hilt in the transfer market and allow him to shape the team the way he wants and if in September/Ocotber next year we're having similar problems, then sack him. Of all the managers we've had, hes earned a bad season, his career is littered with success and this is clearly effecting him as much as anyone.

Anyone wanting rid of him, I cant take serious, the alternative is another few years of revolving door policy for managers, with a new stadium build around the corner and Jose talking stability and long term since hes come back, why sack him now? It makes literally no sense.

We're not going to get relegated, we're nearly nailed on not to finish top 4, we're very likely not to finish in the Europa League positions, let him ride the season out and start fresh in the summer. Sacking him will see the next guy walk into a seriously poison chalice and he'll never win over the fans or have them on his side as much as Jose has even if it is Carlo Ancelotti, which would be the only manager that would somewhat appease fans.

Panthro wrote: »
    (Whispers it....) ..... Remember the craic we had with... Leeds!... Shhhh!

Keep playing this bad and we'll be having craic with them again very soon. :pac:

McDave wrote: »
    So when Keane had his strop, Fergie should have walked the plank! Em, right.

No but when Mourinho has signed Fab, Matic, Costa, Willian, Luis, Cudrado etc in the last 2 years and currently only Willian is playing for the manager, I'd suggest that allowing him to spend his way out of trouble might not work.

Now maybe it's just poor form but if THOSE players aren't going to turn it around for him, well you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Killinator wrote: »
    Don't know what the rest of you think but the very fact Jose isn't gone already is a sign Roman may have accepted you can't keeping chopping managers and expect sustained success.
    Or is that wishful thinking?

And then back on the 'ol merry-go-round goround?

Possibly Roman wants stability or else they can't see a suitable replacement.

Either way I would say he is on borrowed time it is all well and fine being patient but there has to be at least some progress and this is not evident. The decision making is at best obscure like taking off our best defender (again) on Saturday, playing players out of position is simply astounding. The treatment of RLC is mind boggling at best, promised him a run of games gave him 45 minutes (where pretty much everyone bar Jose thought he played well) pulled him ashore and has not been seen since.

I honestly cannot understand what he is doing it is not in any way logical. This season is gone there is zero chance of CL football next season but we need to be in a position come May that we can get back to where we should be. If that is with Jose at the helm great if not so be it we have won things with other managers at the helm and will do so again.

In common with Tigerbaby I have been a fan for an awful long time as well and I do wish he would just concentrate on the job in hand, if not best for all that he just leaves.

we're nearly nailed on not to finish top 4, we're very likely not to finish in the Europa League positions

I wouldn't be so sure about all of this. As bad as things are, we've still got 27 games to shorten some not so huge gaps between ourselves and the teams currently occupying those spots. I don't expect us to catch United, Arsenal or City.

However I don't see any reason why we can't catch Leicester (-11pts), West Ham (-10 pts), Spurs/Liverpool/Southampton (-6 pts).

Lets give it 'til Christmas at least before we start saying we won't finish in the top 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I wouldn't be so sure about all of this. As bad as things are, we've still got 27 games to shorten some not so huge gaps between ourselves and the teams currently occupying those spots. I don't expect us to catch United, Arsenal or City.

However I don't see any reason why we can't catch Leicester (-11pts), West Ham (-10 pts), Spurs/Liverpool/Southampton (-6 pts).

Lets give it 'til Christmas at least before we start saying we won't finish in the top 6.

I think this is true. You will start playing well at some stage surely but it will need to be quickly.

Is it unfair for Roman to say to Mourihno, get me top 4 and I will back you to the hilt in the summer? Chelsea still have the players to do it quite easily and Roman might think its a two way street.

I'd be very surprised if we finish higher than 6th being hinest, theres nothing I've seen and I include pre season in this, to suggest we'll be able to put a string of performances together to mount a European challenge.

Theres just too many things wrong at the moment and thats just the things we can see on the surface.

I'd love to be proved wrong and to be sitting in 4th when the last game of the season is over, I just dont see it.......not at the moment anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I'd be very surprised if we finish higher than 6th being hinest, theres nothing I've seen and I include pre season in this, to suggest we'll be able to put a string of performances together to mount a European challenge.

Theres just too many things wrong at the moment and thats just the things we can see on the surface.

I'd love to be proved wrong and to be sitting in 4th when the last game of the season is over, I just dont see it.......not at the moment anyway. :o

But doesnt this all come back to the manager?

I can certainly understand needing to improve the squad to maintain last years form and try and win the Champions League but surely the current squad given correct leadership can pull back those points mentioned by Essien above.

ronjo wrote: »
    But doesnt this all come back to the manager?

I can certainly understand needing to improve the squad to maintain last years form and try and win the Champions League but surely the current squad given correct leadership can pull back those points mentioned by Essien above.

They should be able to but without knowing what the internal issues are I'd be guessing at whats wrong.

Things I reckon that are going wrong :

Defence is sh*te, 2nd most goals left in and 4th most shots faces in the league, we've also left in 6 headers in the league, unheard of from Chelsea.
    Midfield is offering no protection and not working hard enough, IMO.
    Midfield isnt creating anything from open play.
    CFs arent scoring.

And thats before ya get into the delicate issue of confidence, confidence in the players from Jose, from the players to Jose and confidence from Jose that the XI he picks can do the job in the circumstances.

The team looks like crumbling any time they leave in a goal and we've only had, 2 clean sheets in the league I'm sure, both at home, Arsenal and Villa and thats despite Begovic being one of our better performers.

Its not all down to Jose, players are to blame as well but I dont think its any one issue and because of that, theres no simple fix, not anything that can be pin pointed from the outside, just theories and guess work.

I reckon a lot of fans will agree with the issues Ive pointed out above and thats just scratching the surface of our in game issues, I could add another few points there.

Only thing to do is sit back and ride it out IMO, if the club has backed him this far, hopefully its a sign that they wont sack him.

Only thing to do is sit back and ride it out IMO, if the club has backed him this far, hopefully its a sign that they wont sack him.

That's what I'm hoping tbh. If this is what's happening then it'll be the first time under RA that the manager will be given such leeway. That'll be quite a turning point for the club and it could be the catalyst I mentioned previously that would spark a change in attitude from some players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement