Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

efb wrote: »
    Why did Chelsea pay out then??? It was, in effect, constructive dismissal.

Yeah my degree is useful at last...

Yet I doubt you've spent any time in front of the EAT to know how most of these cases play out

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Two separate issues here, dismissal and defamation

It's not even remotely defamatory never mind the myriad defences that would be available if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

hots wrote: »
    People pay out all the time for many reasons, often to try and put an issue to bed as quickly as possible.

as they are guilty.

It's not even remotely defamatory never mind the myriad defences that would be available if it was.

The law shall decide that. I expect the good doctor will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

as they are guilty.

That degree must be unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

demeaning tasks below their pay grade is one.

She was still, like Jon Fearn, a 1st team doctor, the only thing that changed that she wasnt on the match day bench, she was still to treat the 1st team players out of Cobham, like they do on a daily basis.

Chelsea have a team of doctors and physios that work exclusively with the 1st team, pretty much like any big team and on any given match day they can be on the bench.

It doesnt matter who sits on the bench as all are qualified to do so. I;m going to go out on a limb and assume that nowhere in a medic/physios contract does it state theyll be on the bench and involved in the match day squads.

Its up to the manager to pick who sits on the bench, look behind the dug out and you'll see coaches that are invovled in the 1st team but not on the bench.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yet I doubt you've spent any time in front of the EAT to know how most of these cases play out

or Labour Court.

I know exactly how they play out.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    She was still, like Jon Fearn, a 1st team doctor, the only thing that changed that she wasnt on the match day bench, she was still to treat the 1st team players out of Cobham, like they do on a daily basis.

Chelsea have a team of doctors and physios that work exclusively with the 1st team, pretty much like any big team and on any given match day they can be on the bench.

It doesnt matter who sits on the bench as all are qualified to do so. I;m going to go out on a limb and assume that nowhere in a medic/physios contract does it state theyll be on the bench and involved in the match day squads.

Its up to the manager to pick who sits on the bench, lok behind the dug out and you'll see coaches that are invovled in the 1st team but not on the bench.

If she usually on the bench as part of her duties and then no longer is as per managements direction, she could argue that is constructive dismissal as it changing her duties without consent an effective demotion.

or Labour Court.

So the ALL go to trial then and not one settles 'on the steps'?????

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's incredibly unlikely that the law will decide on that because there hasn't even been a whisper of defamation other than by you.

hots wrote: »
    That degree must be unreal.

If they are wholly innocent, no reason to pay out.

It's incredibly unlikely that the law will decide on that because there hasn't even been a whisper of defamation other than by you.

what is she suing Jose for????- victimisation based on defamation

So the ALL go to trial then and not one settles 'on the steps'?????

most settle way before trial.

Costly business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Why did Chelsea pay out then??? It was, in effect, constructive dismissal.

Yeah my degree is useful at last...
    as they are guilty.

If you honestly believe that then your degree is not as useful as you think.

wholly innocent wouldn't pay out, Chelsea were far from innocent.

• Advertisement

Still maintaining I didn't watch that video??? Gone v quiet on that...

what is she suing Jose for????- victimisation based on defamation
    You know full well that she is suing in relation to dismissal, constructive or otherwise. It's going to the Employment Tribunal and they have absolutely no jurisdiction to deal with defamation.

You know full well that she is suing in relation to dismissal, constructive or otherwise. It's going to the Employment Tribunal and they have absolutely no jurisdiction to deal with defamation.

Suing for victimisation.

Suing for victimisation.
    Not defamation.

wholly innocent wouldn't pay out, Chelsea were far from innocent.

:pac::pac::pac::pac: I assume your "degree" is not in economics?

A payout can be a very cheap option insurance companies do it all the time, guilt is not always admitted I believe (but my degree is neither in law or pure economics so I am sure you know better).

Classic line kudos

• Advertisement

If she usually on the bench as part of her duties and then no longer is as per managements direction, she could argue that is constructive dismissal as it changing her duties without consent.

Her duties as 1st team doctor would be to work with and treat the 1st team when needed. If shes not needed on the bench and another doctor takes her place then so be it, theyre all qualified medical professionals.

Jon Fearn isnt even our head physio, he was just choosen to be on the bench, as hes invovled with the 1st team also.

I can imagine its nice to be choosen to be involved in the match day squads but theyre all professionals and all do the same work, so it doesnt matter a jot who sits on the bench.

Anyway, she'll win her case so good luck to her.

:pac::pac::pac::pac: I assume your "degree" is not in economics?

A payout can be a very cheap option insurance companies do it all the time, guilt is not always admitted I believe (but my degree is neither in law or pure economics so I am sure you know better).

Classic line kudos

If they are wholly innocent they wouldn't pay out. Often the driver doesn't think he's guilty but the insurance company knows how much guilt laws with him and settles accordingly. Not admitting guilt just reduces the potential actions.

Her duties as 1st team doctor would be to work with and treat the 1st team when needed. If shes not needed on the bench and another doctor takes her place then so be it, theyre all qualified medical professionals.

Jon Fearn isnt even our head physio, he was just choosen to be on the bench, as hes invovled with the 1st team also.

I can imagine its nice to be choosen to be involved in the match day squads but theyre all professionals and all do the same work, so it doesnt matter a jot who sits on the bench.

Anyway, she'll win her case so good luck to her.

You can understand how, she almost always was on the bench, in a prominent role, to be taken from that role after a managers outburst, can be seen as a punishment, demotion, and effective dismissal from her usual duties???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

or Labour Court.

What cases have you sat through in the labour court? I've worked both sides in a tribunal and in Ireland we massively favour the employee. I say this having sat through the same procedures in the UK and rarely seeing a company lose.

The law will decide, the fact she has got an out of court settlement with the club is by the letter of the law not an admission of guilt on the clubs part.

Jose was ill advised to make the comments, in my experience Eva would not win a case in the UK based on what Jose said alone after the game. Even taking into consideration she was sent to the reserves that alone is not changing her job role. She is just working with a different set of players. Do you know the specific grounds she is suing Jose under.

She would need to have further evidence which no one here has been made privy to, so judging the case at this stage is beyond foolish.

If they are wholly innocent they wouldn't pay out. Often the driver doesn't think he's guilty but the insurance company knows how much guilt laws with him and settles accordingly. Not admitting guilt just reduces the potential actions.

Cases also settle because the legal cost for going to trial can be more than the actual payout, especially for something this high profile, ever think that it might be the case for this???

duffman13 wrote: »
    What cases have you sat through in the labour court? I've worked both sides in a tribunal and in Ireland we massively favour the employee. I say this having sat through the same procedures in the UK and rarely seeing a company lose.

The law will decide, the fact she has got an out of court settlement with the club is by the letter of the law not an admission of guilt on the clubs part.

Jose was ill advised to make the comments, in my experience Eva would not win a case in the UK based on what Jose said alone after the game. Even taking into consideration she was sent to the reserves that alone is not changing her job role. She is just working with a different set of players. Do you know the specific grounds she is suing Jose under.

She would need to have further evidence which no one here has been made privy to, so judging the case at this stage is beyond foolish.

I explained in my previous posts the reasons I have for thinking she'd win her case.

Cases also settle because the legal cost for going to trial can be more than the actual payout, especially for something this high profile, ever think that it might be the case for this???

Costs aren't an issue as if you are wholly innocent the other side would be liable.

duffman13 wrote: »

We don't favour the employee, the employer must prove the dismissal was NOT Unfalr, and thats a basic premise of law, Innocent until proven guilty.

We are both governed under the same EU employment law. (at time of writing )

Costs aren't an issue as if you are wholly innocent the other side would be liable.

Not in the EAT, legal costs are handled by each side. I'm personally taking a case there at the moment

Not in the EAT, legal costs are handled by each side. I'm personally taking a case there at the moment

No legal representation is required at EAT. Your union could represent you, or their legal people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I explained in my previous posts the reasons I have for thinking she'd win her case.

Fair enough, for me it wouldn't stand up alone. To play constructive dismissal she would need a lot more. Chelsea like any other business would settle a case like this quickly as it will cause less damage to the brand and the finances.

What specific grounds under UK law do you think she is suing Mourinho under??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

MOD. So now we are heading into a discussion of law and legalities, so I'd say until we get a verdict or further news on the case we have all said enough on court matters for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Fabregas couldn't lead a plug let alone a dressing room revolt. He probably sits around making bitchy, passive agressive comments.

It wouldn't surprise me at all of he did a Bruce Jenner after he retires.

What the ****??? Are you 12 or something?

You know he was arsenals youngest captain ya?

Didnt see the warning, sorry boss. :)

Well, that increased my post count, what a time to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Didnt see the warning, sorry boss. :)

Well, that increased my post count, what a time to be alive.

It's Okay because I deleted your offending post and reduced your post count by one :pac

Also deleted a Sh*t load of other posts after my super warning.

So back to tomorrow night :o

More of the same from the starting XI that faced Pool or do we shuffle the pack?

Very worringly, Ivanovic trained with the team but PEdro is back training too, the game is hopefully to early for Ivan but when Ivan is back he'll probably take his place at RB or at the very least, relegate Rahman to a position outside of the matchday 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Onto football matters...

Really want to see RLC given some more game time, he hasn't been stellar by any stretch of the imagination but himself and Kenedy haven't regressed like everyone else. Those two to play more and Zouma to play every game at CB would be nice.

What has RLC done wrong?

He must be really peeved at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tbh I wouldn't mind seeing Ivan back. Rahman doesn't look like he's playing anytime soon and we need Zouma back at CB.

I'm hopeful Ivan is back to a decent level after a good rest.

• Advertisement

Well the ideal team I'd like to see tomorrow night is

Begovic
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman
    Ramires RLC
    Kenedy Willian Hazard
    Costa

Blackman
    Cahill
    Cesc Matic
    Oscar
    Remy Falcao

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Matic alongside RLC for me. Matic was our best player in the first leg.

In other English matters tonight and tomorrow, Utd sitting in 3rd have a big game tonight, a win will probably see them finsih the group in at least 2nd, theyre at home to CSKA who gave them a nose bleed 2 weeks ago.

City are away in Seville, they got a good win the other week and are the best placed English side to go through, who would have thought that? Theyve 6pts and a win here would be huge for them.

Arsenal on the back of a great European win have an even more difficult task away in Munich but that win the other week done them the world of good. Like us, theyre in a dodgy position in their group as wins for other teams around them could see them in a very difficult position with 2 games left to play after this week.

Chelsea, well we either win or we could be finishing 3rd. Kiev are 1pt ahead of us, Porto are 3 pts ahead of us. Porto are playing M.Tel Aviv away and a win there puts them on 10pts and will see them all but through and at the very least finishing 2nd. If we dont win we'll be 5 or 6 pts behind Porto with Porto at hoime and Tel Aviv away to come and Kiev will be either 1 or 4 pts ahead of us.

This round of fixtures is key as our next game is a home game against Porto, if we beat kiev tomorrow and beat Porto by a better scorelie than they beat us, we could still top the group.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Matic alongside RLC for me. Matic was our best player in the first leg.

Anyone but Mikel. :pac:

Jose's presser said that Falcao is out for a few weeks with a injury, phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thanks for the insight and wisodm, I'm enlighted by your comments.

Do you have a newsletter we could sign up too?

Haaaaaa! Brilliant!
    Nearly spat out me coconut and turnip soup ( its today's special in GMIT. I too was skeptical at first but nowci recommend it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

press conf

Jose: 'The players have been giving their best in every minute of every training session. They always have a desire to win next match.'

on whether he knows why results haven't been as good as last season: 'Yes, I know. It's a combination of factors

'I try to be a better coach every day. I try to analyse every detail of my work every day. That's why I'm a good one

'For my players I will do everything. I always did and I'm not going to change.'

'Today Falcao picked up an important muscular injury and he will be out for a few weeks.'

'When you reach my level it's difficult to learn from others, you have to learn from yourself. I learn day by day.'

says he hasn't lost any confidence because of recent results

'I think Chelsea will finish first in the group. If not we will finish second, I'm completely convinced we will qualify.'

'Tomorrow's match isn't a "must win" but it's a "must not lose". I'm convinced we can finish first.'

JT: 'The players and me personally can say we have not been good enough. It is not the manager's responsibility.

'The players are 100% behind the manager. We are together.'

we have deserved more from our last four or five games and he is sure results will improve soon.

reiterates the whole dressing room is together and everyone is behind the manager

'The manager has always been the same. He is always demanding and he wants to win.

'Collectively we will bounce back from this and climb up the table. I am sure of that.'

'The manager is under pressure because of the way we're performing. Collectively we know we need to be better for him.

'We are prepared to fight and anyone who has seen our recent games will have seen that

stresses that even if results are not going well giving everything for the club and the fans is vital.

it is ridiculous to even consider a player might rather lose a game than win one. He has never heard of it in his career.

says his role as captain hasn't changed. In terms of his own individual performances as a player he knows he can do better

the manager is good at protecting his players. He says Jose is the best manager he's seen at Chelsea.

Eden Hazard is one of the best players he has ever played alongside and it's important he and the manager stay at Chelsea.

'In all aspects he is by far the best manager I have worked with. I'm sure we will turn this around

Jose's presser said that Falcao is out for a few weeks with a injury, phew

Damn it anyone know a good doctor?????

Panthro wrote: »
    Haaaaaa! Brilliant!
    Nearly spat out me coconut and turnip soup ( its today's special in GMIT. I too was skeptical at first but nowci recommend it)

Ha! One of my product range is sweet potato, coconut, and lime leaf soup. Don't knock it until you've tried it

Terry: "when people like Rio, Carra, Neville speak, I listen. When players who haven't had that level of success in their career? No. Robbie Savage being one" #laughter

Here it is in full:

367469.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement