Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Here it is in full:

367469.jpg

Seems fair comment really, Savage was always a player that could chip a good winger as they say. No more though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i always loved robbie savage when the world cup was in south africa

“I had a 30-minute jog on the beach this morning, the altitude didn’t affect me.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If only he threw Redknapp under the bus too. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If only he threw Redknapp under the bus too. :o

franks uncle , never :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

peteeeed wrote: »
    franks uncle , never :)

or frank's cousin. Top top player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I still think he's kind of wrong. Regardless of the quality footballer you were, it doesn't mean you're a good pundit. That said, Robbie Savage could easily have been replaced by my grandmother and you'd struggle to tell who was who. Gary Neville and Carragher I've a lot of time for. Rio, not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

@IrishTimes: John Terry: I’ll take criticism , but not from Robbie Savage https://t.co/UKN4NGml0P via @IrishTimesSport https://t.co/s1aBAqPY86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Turtwig wrote: »
    I still think he's kind of wrong. Regardless of the quality footballer you were, it doesn't mean you're a good pundit. That said, Robbie Savage could easily have been replaced by my grandmother and you'd struggle to tell who was who. Gary Neville and Carragher I've a lot of time for. Rio, not so much.

I don't mind Savage as a pundit, he knew his limitations as a footballer, and one professional belittling another isn't my cup of tea, easy point scoring from Terry really. Henry was a world class footballer, Owen a fantastic footballer, neither of them are any good as pundits imo.

Oh....and I meant Jamie Redknapp, I cant stand him at all.

Same can be said about 'Arry but for different reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »

Haha hilarious, Savage wasn't even mentioned in the question was he?

hots wrote: »
    Haha hilarious, Savage wasn't even mentioned in the question was he?

nope but he must have had a pop at JT recently (who hasnt).

Fee for Cuadrado is meant to be £16m which is a £10m pound loss in under 12months.

Robbie Savage

Thx for the name check John good to know your watching I look forward to analysing tomorrow's performance Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Robbie Savage

Thx for the name check John good to know your watching I look forward to analysing tomorrow's performance Saturday morning.

No such thing as bad publicity for young Robbie.

No such thing as bad publicity for young Robbie.

If JT has a mare hes gonna be blasted with both barrels :o not that he'll care.

Must have better watches for CL games Clattenberg blows half time on the second. It's a shame Jose is so outspoken as he is right on so many things.

Must have better watches for CL games Clattenberg blows half time on the second. It's a shame Jose is so outspoken as he is right on so many things.

He done the same at full time the cheeky monkey.

• Advertisement

Utd and City both won last night, can ourselves and Arsenal make it a good week for English football tonight?

Now, Utd and City are top of their respective groups, this is good for the UEFA co-effecient points for keeping the 4th UCL spot.

Neither ourselves or Arsenal can top the group tonight though, wins for both teams could see us go joint top but remain in 2nd due to inferior head to head records with the side above us. Actually if Arsenal win it will really throw open their group.

Utd and City both won last night, can ourselves and Arsenal make it a good week for English football tonight?

Now, Utd and City are top of their respective groups, this is good for the UEFA co-effecient points for keeping the 4th UCL spot.

Neither ourselves or Arsenal can top the group tonight though, wins for both teams could see us go joint top but remain in 2nd due to inferior head to head records with the side above us. Actually if Arsenal win it will really throw open their group.

I really hope Arsenal get beaten out the door but 3 teams out of the group stage should help the English coefficient as all 3 are capable of going further. I will be very surprised if City don't at least make the semi as Aguero will have had a nice rest come the business end of the season (providing he stays fit of course).

He done the same at full time the cheeky monkey.

Cheeky monkey ............ yes lets leave it at that :rolleyes:

Cheeky monkey ............ yes lets leave it at that :rolleyes:

;)

• GavRedKing wrote: »

How many English teams need to top their groups for it to have a positive affect? I thought it was more got do with competition progression as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How many English teams need to top their groups for it to have a positive affect? I thought it was more got do with competition progression as a whole.

England is winning more coefficient points than Serie A every CL/EL week this season. Serie A will gain about 3 points come next season though when Chelsea's CL victory in 2012 is no longer counted. As it stands, it's not looking so bad for the Premier League as many would like to have you believe. The EL is the achilles heal somewhat with Southampton and West Ham going out in the qualifiers (2 very good sides) any points won by an English side in CL or EL is divided by 8, whereas a Serie A points score is only divided by 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

M!Ck^ wrote: »

On an unrelated note...
    That is one sexy picture under your username there!:D

Juventus are likely to get out of their group if they avoid Seville coming back at them in the next 2 games.

Roma are bottom of their UCL group so they look unlikely to get of that group but they might make 3rd and go into the EL.

Naploi and Lazio in the Europa League are top of their groups while Fiorentina are bottom of theirs.

Panthro wrote: »
    On an unrelated note...
    That is one sexy picture under your username there!:D

Have you been at the turnip and coconut again?????:D

So my little cherubs what do you reckon on tonight then. For me this is a must win, if we do we should have little difficulty in Israel thus we finish at worst second lose and it is hard to see a way back for us as you can see Kiev and Porto playing out a draw if that's the case.

I would love to see RLC, Kenedy and Baba in the side but there is no chance it will almost certainly be same oh same oh, so this

Begovic,
    Ivan, JT, Cahill, Dave
    Cesc, Matic
    Hazard, Ram, Willian
    Costa

Would prefer
    Begovic
    Dave, JT, Happy, Baba II
    RLC, Matic
    Willian, Hazard, Kenedy
    Costa

That team would be solid and give their defence something to think about no chance of seeing it though.

Still hope for a 1-0 win

OK its referencing the Sun who reference the anonymous friend but its a new take on things and might be a reason why Jose is being given leeway maybe Roman sees the blame is shared. Still no excuse for out pathetic performances this season but perhaps a reason why Jose is still there.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/close-friend-of-mourinho-reveals-chelsea-transfer-plans

• Advertisement

So my little cherubs what do you reckon on tonight then. For me this is a must win, if we do we should have little difficulty in Israel thus we finish at worst second lose and it is hard to see a way back for us as you can see Kiev and Porto playing out a draw if that's the case.

I would love to see RLC, Kenedy and Baba in the side but there is no chance it will almost certainly be same oh same oh, so this

Begovic,
    Ivan, JT, Cahill, Dave
    Cesc, Matic
    Hazard, Ram, Willian
    Costa

I'd be surprised if Ivan plays anyway, rest looks spot on, maybe swap Ramires for Cesc @ #10.

OK its referencing the Sun who reference the anonymous friend but its a new take on things and might be a reason why Jose is being given leeway maybe Roman sees the blame is shared. Still no excuse for out pathetic performances this season but perhaps a reason why Jose is still there.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/close-friend-of-mourinho-reveals-chelsea-transfer-plans

Well the squad certainly needed to be improved and no offence to Pedro, Falcao, Papy Djibibijijdigfdfgidh and to a much lesser extent Rahman, I dont think any of them were Joses 1st or even 2nd choice.

Kendy is probably a signing out of is control too but hes looked decent.

I'd be surprised if Ivan plays anyway, rest looks spot on, maybe swap Ramires for Cesc @ #10.

Be surprised myself a bit with Ivan but if he is fit I bet he plays. Defence was muck when he was away so no reason he will not be picked my guess.

If there is one change I would like to see for tonight it's just to see either RLC or Kenedy given a chance... It just shows a bit of intent and for other younger players that there is a (tiny) chance that you can break in.

Be surprised myself a bit with Ivan but if he is fit I bet he plays. Defence was muck when he was away so no reason he will not be picked my guess.

Thats the scary thing, we had 2 clean sheets in our 1st 2 games without him. Left in 1 against Stoke, 2 against West ham and 3 against Pool.

If hes in the side it means hopefully Zouma plays CB but Ivan was the boggest liability before his injury, I dont think theres any magic potion that will make him better, ditto for JT and Cahill.

We should have enough to see off Kiev at home but its the 2nd away trip to Stoke in 10days that could be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

RTE2 tonight should be interested. I can imagine a fair degree of Chelsea bashing from Dunphy and Giles before the match tonight. Dunphy is accusing Jose of cheque book management as the cause of his current woes. Dunphy doesn't see the problem when his beloved Man United have done the same thing !

Ally Dick wrote: »
    RTE2 tonight should be interested. I can imagine a fair degree of Chelsea bashing from Dunphy and Giles before the match tonight. Dunphy is accusing Jose of cheque book management as the cause of his current woes. Dunphy doesn't see the problem when his beloved Man United have done the same thing !

Unfortunately we're not on RTE so they'll have to focus on Arsenal to some extent. We may be guilty of not bringing in the right players but at Chelsea that blame doesn't really lie with Jose for once, as far as we know.

Ya, the Arsenal game is on RTE I'm sure, that'll be a cracker Arsenal have given themselves a huge life line by beating Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

You know it'd be nice if RTE/TV3 ever showed the chelsea match instead :(

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    You know it'd be nice if RTE/TV3 ever showed the chelsea match instead :(

Giles and dunphy slated Jose when he was winning , they'd have a field day now

• Advertisement

Ya, the Arsenal game is on RTE I'm sure, that'll be a cracker Arsenal have given themselves a huge life line by beating Bayern.

Balls. You're right. My Horizon box tv planner told me otherwise last night :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are we on Setanta or BT or something? Is it my bi-monthly chance to brag about my foresight in signing up for that instead of Sky?

Are we on Setanta or BT or something? Is it my bi-monthly chance to brag about my foresight in signing up for that instead of Sky?

We're on BT Sports 2 AFAIK.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

We're on BT Sports 2 AFAIK.
    Thanks to my incredible foresight, I can watch this on my TV so. :D

Thanks to my incredible foresight, I can watch this on my TV so. :D

We fail to win, its all your fault. :cool:

Chelsea are on Setanta Ireland. Good old Virgin Media

Hazard benched apparently.

Begovic