Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ivanovic must be some lick arse in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I am actually worried now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RobertKK wrote: »
    Chelsea at the moment remind me of United two years ago.

No hope, we're way worse unfortunately.

The international break cant come fast enough

Ivan, JT, Cahill all at sea. Absolutely a shambles. Azp was the only one that was decent.

JT was meant to tighten things up, ivan was terrible and cahill had a shocker.

The build up to the 2nd goal was a comedy show of how not to defend.

Did we even have a shot on target in the 2nd half?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Barr wrote: »
    They're not that bad :pac:

I think United were higher in the league two years ago at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Well next year with no Europe we can improve in the league. Hope a few players are left out of the squad next game. Good news 4 points ahead of relegation.
    Costa please come back and don't get banned

Cant wait to hear from Jose after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm not sure Jose even cares tbh, so I can't see him lasting much longer. Never mind a world class manager, any human being with a basic understanding of football would have dropped Ivan long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

seasons a write off, but well get over it. push for 4th and that will do grand. we won the league last year so Im happy with that. as for jose out, why cause we are having a **** season? he just won us the league for f*ck sake so what if we have a poor year this year.

• Advertisement

As long as Jose doesnt come out speaking garbage about how we deserved something ill be some what appeased.

Its bad enough when ye need to replace 1 defender but right now we need 3 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

There was no need to embarrass matic like that. Bad form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

There was no need to embarrass matic like that. Bad form

Ding ding ding

Jose mentions the penalty.

Hes getting a ban anyway but hes deflecting away from the fact saints could have had 2 clear penalties themselves.

This is a rant of a man who knows hes under huge huge pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You just know Jose will say the decision not to give the Falcao penalty cost us and not focus on our inabilities to even defend anyway near a top level side.

bingo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Southampton should have had 2 penalties Jose.

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Jose will be gone before the next game and good riddance at this stage - his ego will have him walk. Every single 'performance' this season has been a joke. The blame is squarely laid at his door. The players aren't a*sed playing for him. Matic for Ramieres - seriously? Then taking Maric off for Remy? It wasn't the last 5 mins in the Champions League Final...it was a sub borne of a panicking mindset. He's a dead man walking and he knows it. Shame, it could have been beautiful.

He won't turn things around - he's not that type. I'd love to see him stay and win every league game remaining but there's no chance of that. Top 4 is gone now aswell. It's a relegation battle for us and that's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

fozz10 wrote: »
    seasons a write off, but well get over it. push for 4th and that will do grand. we won the league last year so Im happy with that. as for jose out, why cause we are having a **** season? he just won us the league for f*ck sake so what if we have a poor year this year.

It's not just performances on the pitch. It's how he's handled himself so far that is really childish and pathetic. Not becoming of a big club like Chelsea imo.

A poor year might be all well and good for you but right now Chelsea are struggling big time in both domestic and European competitions. So you won the league last year. Ok, it's a great achievement but a team like Chelsea with the players at their disposal and the money spent on the team, they're looking like struggling even for a Europa League place.

For an owner like Abramovich, that may not fit into the remit of a "poor season". That would more fit into the category of a "disastrous season".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Jose has to explain to RA why so many talented players are not performing. RA will already have plenty of inside information, so Jose's explanation and his plan of action has to be utterly persuasive.

At this stage, I don't think there's a real plan. There's no way we're muddling through to January. Although it's as much the club's fault for not delivering on the transfer front, it's just a blame game now and it can't be long before Jose walks or is pushed. I doubt RA is going to leave it to a bad result in Kiev to make his decision for him.

All in all, it's a complete shambles, and a failure on a club level to not maintain momentum from last season. Jose stabilised the ship in his first season back and delivered the goods in his second. By RA not backing him with new blood this summer, he's as much to blame himself. Unfortunately though, it'll be Jose that pays the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

The guy is a dirt bag, blames the ref for a shambles like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He's embarrassing himself.

He is right about the players being afraid after they lose a goal.

And thats down to him and the players. If the confidence is down they have to get it back together.

And thats down to him and the players. If the confidence is down they have to get it back together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jose's interview is a bit of "the ref's fault" kind of interview. Never his fault.

• Advertisement

If the club want to sack me they have to sack me coz im not walking.

Jaysus hes going on a serious rant here. :pac:

This is up there with Keegans rant.

The reporter hasnt spoken in about 4 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Memorable interview, he's having a meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

He accuses Wenger of whinging.

This is a great day for Sky. Sound bites for the season sorted right there ha.

:D :pac:

• Advertisement

Some interview there with Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

McDave wrote: »
    Jose has to explain to RA why so many talented players are not performing. RA will already have plenty of inside information, so Jose's explanation and his plan of action has to be utterly persuasive.

At this stage, I don't think there's a real plan. There's no way we're muddling through to January. Although it's as much the club's fault for not delivering on the transfer front, it's just a blame game now and it can't be long before Jose walks or is pushed. I doubt RA is going to leave it to a bad result in Kiev to make his decision for him.

All in all, it's a complete shambles, and a failure on a club level to not maintain momentum from last season. Jose stabilised the ship in his first season back and delivered the goods in his second. By RA not backing him with new blood this summer, he's as much to blame himself. Unfortunately though, it'll be Jose that pays the price.

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

He's almost a parody of himself now. Complaining about the (legitimate)penalty they weren't given, but not acknowledging the two that Southampton should also have been given. Every club get bad decisions; my club was worked over at Spurs last weekend. You have to get on with it. He looked under severe pressure there.

Well I'm glad he is not walking . Sacking him would be criminal at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea

Maybe watch that "penalty" incident again Jose.

How many games will he get for that?

3 game ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I thought he was gonna cry

Relax guys it's only preseason.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Relax guys it's only preseason.

We werent bad in pre season. We never lost :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Barr wrote: »
    Well I'm glad he is not walking . Sacking him would be criminal at this stage.

They are not playing for him but sacking him would be mad

I don't think he has the man management skills to sort this out quickly

he's more likely to turn on people

• Advertisement

I agree, he tends to blame others when things don't go his way. Probably why he hasn't lasted more then 3 years at a single club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

blueser wrote: »
    He's almost a parody of himself now. Complaining about the (legitimate)penalty they weren't given, but not acknowledging the two that Southampton should also have been given. Every club get bad decisions; my club was worked over at Spurs last weekend. You have to get on with it. He looked under severe pressure there.

Jose's the man before the camera after every match. He can't say he was let down by the club on the transfer front. So he has to suck it up and come up with some BS for the press.

That's not absolving his weird selection decisions, whether they're forced on him or 'statements' to the club. He's making a bad situation worse with his almost irrational behaviour. I'd say he's completely lost the dressing room now.

The international break could be a blessing in disguise.

Hes got 2weeks to work out where the problem is and try and sort it out and thats if Roman doesnt start handing out the P45 tonight or tomorrow.

I reckon sacking him would only make things worse. Yes we'll go on a run eventually but yourr back to where we were 4 or 5 years ago.

See it out and put in the hard work and go again for next year. Sacking him sets us back seriously and achieves nothing.

Remember he wanted stones as he knew there was an issue and the chase left us emptied handed.

The did club do all ot could to get him and back Jose, probably not but now they have to be able to see tjeres serious issues with the back line.

Id be all for getting rid of some players before sacking the manager anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Jose is as good as gone I'm afraid, the dressing room is lost. This all stems back to the summer transfer window. Who could possibly take this side forward now?
    I'd never sack Jose but how many managers have found the dressing room after losing it? His last option is to play all the young lads but he won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I've backed him til now but I can't anymore tbh. Fair enough, the club mightn't have done their bit in the summer, but effectively sabotaging an entire season out of spite is not the answer.

If that's what he's willing to do to make a point and protect his ego, then I'm sorry but he shouldn't be managing an under 10s side, never mind a premier league side.

Taking off Matic was a cowardly move I have to say. Absolutely no need to humiliate a player like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

He's done the drastic substitution thing in the past but that was just plain mean. I thought this would be an era of stability but I see that we miss the steadying and mature hand of Carlo.

He said before Porto he'd drop the fellas making mistakes and bring in the kids.

Well now he should. Drop the guys who consistently make mistakes and cost us goals. Last year giving away the ball be Cahill or Hazard meant it was won back eithin seconds, this year these mistakes are being pubished with goals.

Until this side goes back to doing the basic things right we'll forever be in this loop of playing decent football, leaving in a goal, fading and dropping heads and lsoing points at a whimper.

He has to drop players. Its that simple. The buck has to stop somehwere and once a fella is picked its no longer the mangers fault if he doesnt perform on the pitch the team has to believe they can win games.

Surely the players know that Ivan is a liability and if they know and any decent pundit knows then Jose knows.

Take him out and see what happens, when cole was playing poor he lost his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Balague tweeted he's been sacked then deleted the tweet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As long as Jose doesnt come out speaking garbage about how we deserved something ill be some what appeased.

Its bad enough when ye need to replace 1 defender but right now we need 3 of them.

Too Late :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement