Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Game saving performance from Willian. Absolutely terrific player.

Christ though, what's happened to Costa? Any time I see him he just looks like your standard Carolton Cole big man up front, rather than the menace he was over the past few years. Have injuries taken a yard of pace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Willian is some player, absolute workhorse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Who is the player that would rather lose then win for Mourinho ? - could it be Costa ?

Anyway, don't wanna dampen it, but great result, lets see if they can build on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Good luck against the Stoke kickers. Hard to play against a team that don't play football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ivanovic will prob be back for the weekend, especially away to Stoke :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Willians finally scoring goals now too.

5 this year when he managed only 8 in his first 2 seasons combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Good luck against the Stoke kickers. Hard to play against a team that don't play football

They definitely have players that can play ball, they are 80% bruisers 20% guile.

Bojan, Arnautovic, Shaqiri etc can all play.

arsenals UCL looks dead in the water, they need results to go there way in the next 2 games to get 2nd.

wonder will they take the Europa league seriously if they finish 3rd?

Lukker- wrote: »
    They definitely have players that can play ball, they are 80% bruisers 20% guile.

Bojan, Arnautovic, Shaqiri etc can all play.

On the opposite end of the scale then youve got Bardsley, Shawcross, Walters :o

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Willians finally scoring goals now too.

5 this year when he managed only 8 in his first 2 seasons combined.

Needs to add a few from open play, he can clearly strike a ball so needs to add more of a goal threat during games. Every goal he's scored this season has been a free kick.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Needs to add a few from open play, he can clearly strike a ball so needs to add more of a goal threat during games. Every goal he's scored this season has been a free kick.

Not a bad thing in my books, theyre extremely difficult to score but 2 of them were frees that sailed in from distance.

We havent had a free kick threat since Mata left.

I forgot what its like to win a game.

What a strange feeling. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

arsenals UCL looks dead in the water, they need results to go there way in the next 2 games to get 2nd.

wonder will they take the Europa league seriously if they finish 3rd?

They may have to if they want CL football next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good on the fans in the ground , thought Jose was going to shed a tear

They may have to if they want CL football next season

Nah they'll comfortably finish top 4 this year, theyve less competition as we're terrible this year.

League wil finish City, Arsenal, Utd and probably Pool or Spurs.

Too true, good that we managed to pull it out after them equalising I can only hope this is our season kick start.

Thought The defence did well over all baba II was not out of place and well Dave was Dave. JT and Zouma should be our CB pairing going forward.

Oscar was terrible how did he last so long there was little or no contribution from him.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Good on the fans in the ground , thought Jose was going to shed a tear

He did actually look emotional when acknowledging them towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mourinho: "What Chelsea fans did for me it's not normal. I don't know how to thank them." BT Sport

• Advertisement

Too true, good that we managed to pull it out after them equalising I can only hope this is our season kick start.

Thought The defence did well over all baba II was not out of place and well Dave was Dave. JT and Zouma should be our CB pairing going forward.

Oscar was terrible how did he last so long there was little or no contribution from him.

Defensively Oscar and rahman shut down Yarmalenko so he done that part of his job but wasnt a threat going forward at all.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Mourinho: "What Chelsea fans did for me it's not normal. I don't know how to thank them." BT Sport

90mins of unconditional love, sends a message to the board too that no matter what we'll back him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I think that's a bit harsh on him tbh, he's just not a winger who can run at people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Like flanders giving bart a congratulatory pat on the back in the simpsons movie

Mourinho: The only thing I can say, until my last day here, be it 40 years, 10 years, 5 years. Until my last day I will give them everything

he'd a good attempt on goal that was just palmed away

• Advertisement

Jose banned for Stoke game.

Forgot. :o

This is the video, Jose does look humbled by the support.

Great to see and hear.

https://twitter.com/Mourinholic/status/662029295263588352

Oscar is not a winger indeed, but when we were under the cosy second half he was totally MIA. I really like Oscar and after his first summer off in years expected something from him this season but by and large he has been poor ( though injuries have not helped ) but tonight he was late to the tackle and offered little support for players on the ball.
    Given RLC was hauled ashore at half time v Palace playing well I can not see how he survived. As for Costa when is he going to start playing centre forward again?

CTAAYfoWIAA4-3u.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Eamon Dunphy on RTE spouting unbiased wise words on Mourinho ...

• Advertisement

Mourinho: '...For me it's an unforgettable moment of my career to have the whole stadium supporting me in a difficult moment

Anyone looking for Jose to be sacked, and its usually 12 yrs old on Twitter have to take a look at the fans that go week in week out and theyve got his back, onwards and hopefully upwards in the coming weeks.

Its weird actually, if we beat Porto next and Kiev beat them too, Porto finish 3rd. :o

Mourinho: "The moment I came back to the club, the way stadium welcomed me was amazing... but not comparable to today."

Richie Saldler reckons that Big Phil is a good manager, yeah brazil were amazing against germany in the WC

Reading the Daily Fail report on the game reckoned Happy lucky not to give away a penalty, what game did they watch that was a text book piece of defending which Cahill would be incapable of, mainly as he does not have the pace ... or the technique ... or the ability but he is English and that's enough for Jonny Foreigner to get bad press from that rag

duploelabs wrote: »
    Richie Saldler reckons that Big Phil is a good manager, yeah brazil were amazing against germany in the WC

Big Phils biggest mistake was letting Clarke go to the Happy Hammers, that was the rock he perished on.

I'm just happy we won, roll on 5.30 saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Zouma's tackle :eek:

Zoumas tackle was perfect, I actually expected him to be rash and give away the penalty but hes got plenty of pace to rescue him when hes caught out like that, I'd prefer if he didnt have to make those tackles in the first place but great to see him recovering and winning the ball clean.

• Advertisement

I thought Oscar was decent. He did his job, too support Rahman and he got himself in good positions a few times. He covered lots of ground and didn't give much. I think his best spells were when Rahman got forward as it gave him room to operate. It's a tough job without support and in the second half Rahman barely got past the halfway line.

Dunphy once again is highly critical of Mourinho's behaviour. Pity he never saw the disgusting behaviour of his idol Ferguson. And he has the gall to call Mourinho a cheque book manager. What has Van Gaal spent this season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Anyone looking for Jose to be sacked, and its usually 12 yrs old on Twitter have to take a look at the fans that go week in week out and theyve got his back, onwards and hopefully upwards in the coming weeks.

Are these the same ones that were leaving the ground early at the weekend? ;)

Great showing in the ground tonight, I think it is perfectly clear that sacking the manager in this particular difficult time would be the wrong thing to do completely.

Abramovich should know this, but just in case a reminder is no harm.

If its stability ye want then you have to stand together in the dark times when you know you have a genuine world class manager on the sideline.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Dunphy is on a par with savage at this stage

duploelabs wrote: »
    Dunphy is on a par with savage at this stage

Hes not that bad. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just back in the hotel after the game and was sitting directly above zouma for that tackle and I can tell you it was spot on! The atmosphere was mental with an absolute support for Jose.
    Crowd got a little quiet when Kiev scored but aside from that done a pretty good job keeping those Kiev fans quiet, I'd be inclined to call them something else after there antics of throwing coins and bottles on the pitch but I'd probably get a yellow card and I hope they get charged with failing to control there fans for it as I know we would if it were us.
    Hazard looked a little more like himself when he came on even if the general consensus about was that it was he who was the mole when he didn't come on for 70 odd minutes but I'll tell you one thing after the final whistle all the players met in the centre circle to applaud the fans including hazard and it was Costa who walked straight down the tunnel without speaking to anyone.

Costa' form is worrying he seems to have even less confidence than the rest of the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

He has no interest, he was looking for the penalty in the first half too. All he had to do is get a shot away but as soon as he entered the box you just knew that wasn't going to happen, he was always waiting to go down for the penalty.

He looks like a walking nervous breakdown. He's capable of anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Gav

you've said that twice in the last couple of days.

Dont diss Genuine Supporters who go back a long way.

I'm still not enamoured by the Manager's attitude. I hope it works out because I'm a Blue true and true since the early '70's. The days when it was enough to get your head knocked in to admit to being a Chelsea Supporter!

However, I feel his attitude in the PL is losing us games. What happened to the beautiful side of 2010 who scored over 100 goals to win the PL? Ancelotti was a genious, and more importantly, a gentleman, win or lose.

We dont need to play this attritional cr*p style of football. We have enough players to play creatively. We dont need this ego-trip nonsense.

quote from Wikipedia;

On 9 May 2010, Ancelotti led Chelsea to the Premier League title, beating Manchester United by one point and setting scoring records. The team finished the campaign with 103 goals, becoming the first team in the Premier League to score more than 100 goals in a season, and the first since Tottenham Hotspur in the 1962–63 season.[

We're better than whats happening now. This is World War 1 tactics.

Please can we have an astute attacking manager?

cheers

Tigerbaby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement