Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I didnt diss the genuine fans, theyre the ones that want him there. Its the johnny come latelys that are looking for a quick turn around. :o

I disagree on Carlo, i'd much prefer Jose. I'd prefer substance over style anyway, it was excellent to watch us thump teams under Carlo but it was also frustrating as hell to see him fail to change game from the bench or by trying a different tactic.

Theres also only 1 player left from those Carlo days in the Chelsea team and its Terry, back then we had Cole, Cech, Lamps, Malouda and Drogba all world beaters on their day, nearly 6 years on theyve all gone its a different squad, 1 I'd argue has better individuals but not a better team, that team work ethic and spirit has to return as it dragged us on last year.

Joses tactics are going to hold us back in some ways but Carlos all conquering 103 goal team finished with 86pts.

Joses title winning sides have scored and won the following points

2004-05 : 72 goals - 95pts
    2005-06 : 72 goals - 90pts
    2014-15 : 73 goals - 87pts

Carlos 2009-10 : 103 goals - 86pts

So carlos team scored 30 goals or more but nonetheless never picked up more points than Jose. Anyway stats dont tell much really, that carlo team was a joy to watch but there was something reassuring about going 1-0 back in 04-06 and knowing you'd more than likely win a game, we havent had that luxury in awhile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Even as a Mourinho critic, Ancelotti is not the answer. He's a good custodian of a team, but not this team that needs work.

You'd need a replacement as close to the mould of Mourinho and getting a side to follow him to the end...there's only one that springs to my mind, but he is busy in Madrid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

kev1.3s wrote: »
    He has no interest, he was looking for the penalty in the first half too. All he had to do is get a shot away but as soon as he entered the box you just knew that wasn't going to happen, he was always waiting to go down for the penalty.

He hasn't shown up at all in 2015

He looked like he could be the one to replace Drogba when he first came, I don't know what to do with him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

He hasn't shown up at all in 2015

He looked like he could be the one to replace Drogba when he first came, I don't know what to do with him now

Sell him.
    Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

dfx- wrote: »
    Even as a Mourinho critic, Ancelotti is not the answer. He's a good custodian of a team, but not this team that needs work.

You'd need a replacement as close to the mould of Mourinho and getting a side to follow him to the end...there's only one that springs to my mind, but he is busy in Madrid..

I cant see Jose being sacked but if he is I also cant see Simeone leaving Athletico but he would be an excellent option for sure :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

We cant sell Costa, premium level strikers are at exactly that, a premium.

The entire team, bar a handful of individuals are under performing, once they all start pulling their weight and play to their potential everyones levels will increase.

The main thing is to now go and beat Stoke on Saturday, a draw wouldnt be a bad result but we've enough about us to go up there and beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The main thing is to now go and beat Stoke on Saturday, a draw wouldnt be a bad result but we've enough about us to go up there and beat them.

It shows things are bad when we're saying a draw to stoke wouldn't be a bad result lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

We cant sell Costa, premium level strikers are at exactly that, a premium.

The entire team, bar a handful of individuals are under performing, once they all start pulling their weight and play to their potential everyones levels will increase.

Ya see I never really seen him as a "premium level striker" but must admit last season was eating my words.
    This season however he's been pretty pants, everyone on that pitch last night put in a shift bar him. Too often he was out wide when he received the ball and when he layed it off he didn't exactly break a sweat getting into the box to get on the end of it. We defently need an upgrade.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Ya see I never really seen him as a "premium level striker" but must admit last season was eating my words.
    This season however he's been pretty pants, everyone on that pitch last night put in a shift bar him. Too often he was out wide when he received the ball and when he layed it off he didn't exactly break a sweat getting into the box to get on the end of it. We defently need an upgrade.

What upgrade is there though and one thats readily available?

Thats the issue, even we rate Costa below the very best, those in that bracket arent for sale.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    It shows things are bad when we're saying a draw to stoke wouldn't be a bad result lol

The way the team is playing, any away points aer welcomed, we've only maanged to get 4 so far this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Wonder what the Plan is for the weekend, attack Stoke from the get Gos I say!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What upgrade is there though and one thats readily available?

Thats the issue, even we rate Costa below the very best, those in that bracket arent for sale.

Costa isn't worth a sh1te to any of us if he's not interested.

I'd rather 100% of Remy than 50% of Costa.

If he's the one who'd 'rather lose', he has to be sold, simple as that. Same goes for any other player with that attitude too btw.

Panthro wrote: »

We were well on top, we found Butland in fine form and hes played well this year. I'm more confident in winning anyway than I was after 3pm on Saturday gone.
    Essien wrote: »

If he's the one who'd 'rather lose', he has to be sold, simple as that. Same goes for any other player with that attitude too btw.

I think that story was a complete fabrication anyway. If Costa keeps under performing its only a matter of time before Remy plays, he did score against Stoke and I think hes more of a threat aorund the edge of the box as hes usually more willing to take a chance and shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think that story was a complete fabrication anyway.

I dont. It was too vitriolic and specific. I'd say its a direct quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Essien wrote: »

That's the worst thing about Remy too though, he hasn't busted balls at all when he gets pitch time. At least with Costa strolling arounf there's still a chance of magic and maybe holding up the ball. The ball bounces off Remy and then he strolls offside for ten minutes. Falcao is then the opposite end of the spectrum where, in fairness to the useless lump, he does bust his balls but no matter how hard he tries he's not going to do anything useful.

Kirby wrote: »

Very easy to stand behind the "my sources" tell me angle. Also given who reported it, I'm calling BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Stoke away .... not the time to play there :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Gav

you've said that twice in the last couple of days.

Dont diss Genuine Supporters who go back a long way.

I'm still not enamoured by the Manager's attitude. I hope it works out because I'm a Blue true and true since the early '70's. The days when it was enough to get your head knocked in to admit to being a Chelsea Supporter!

However, I feel his attitude in the PL is losing us games. What happened to the beautiful side of 2010 who scored over 100 goals to win the PL? Ancelotti was a genious, and more importantly, a gentleman, win or lose.

We dont need to play this attritional cr*p style of football. We have enough players to play creatively. We dont need this ego-trip nonsense.

quote from Wikipedia;

On 9 May 2010, Ancelotti led Chelsea to the Premier League title, beating Manchester United by one point and setting scoring records. The team finished the campaign with 103 goals, becoming the first team in the Premier League to score more than 100 goals in a season, and the first since Tottenham Hotspur in the 1962–63 season.[

We're better than whats happening now. This is World War 1 tactics.

Please can we have an astute attacking manager?

cheers

Tigerbaby.

Your post infers that those of us who haven't supported Chelsea for forty-odd years are not genuine Chelsea supporters and that somehow you, having done nothing but having lived for longer than us, are somehow superior in terms of your support of the club.

I don't know whether you intended that to come across, but it does.

In relation to the remainder of your post, I'm with Gav. Thumping Wigan 8-0 is lovely and all of that but we'd lost 3-1 to them in the reverse fixture that season. To Wigan. The rugby place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Easy let Carlo manage against the smaller teams and bring Jose in for the big ones. Wed finish on 100 points

Kirby wrote: »

With Gav on this would be very surprised if it is true. Thing is if true it will not stay hushed up for long, it never does so in reality (a case of purple monkey dishwater sort of) if the player is not named and shamed in the next few weeks you can take it as read that it did not happen. It would not be the first time an article was made up. If it is true I don't care who he is he should be sold in January.

As for Stoke on Saturday for me every game now is must win, nothing else will do. The only way to get the monkey off the back is to start winning, we have a team good enough and last night with a balanced back 4 we looked ok ish going forward, not great but there was a threat down both flanks and that was a lovely ball from Baba II to Willian for the first goal. Zouma showed fro once and for all whilst he is more than willing to tog out anywhere to get a game (and fair dues to him for that) he is a centre half and a pretty good if raw one. He will learn from JT and he more help to JT as he has bags of pace.

One thing is obvious there is no confidence at all in that team we are so brittle it is scary that will only disappear with wins (maybe also a new manager but lets stay positive). These wins have to start very soon to salvage anything from this season - we still have a fight to get out of our group in the CL that is not a gimme by any stretch, though I prefer our chances to Arsenals any day.

Big calls now on Saturday will he keep the back four the same?
    Will Pedro and Hazard start on the pitch or bench?

I would say Costa will start if the back four is the same, if Remy starts I can't see the same back 4 Jose will look to bolster the mean height.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/rahman-ready-premier-league-chance-5-things-chelsea-2-1-dynamo-kiev#:JmrE2PMNrh-5gA

Good article on the positives and negatives from the match. Zouma was given a run around in the cup so I'm hoping Rahman and Azpilicueta are our full backs.

It's no longer the time to blame anyone else we have to take responsibility and push on. I'd drop Costa, he needs a kick up the backside and some time on the bench.

Lukker- wrote: »
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/rahman-ready-premier-league-chance-5-things-chelsea-2-1-dynamo-kiev#:JmrE2PMNrh-5gA

Good article on the positives and negatives from the match. Zouma was given a run around in the cup so I'm hoping Rahman and Azpilicueta are our full backs.

It's no longer the time to blame anyone else we have to take responsibility and push on. I'd drop Costa, he needs a kick up the backside and some time on the bench.

Reading that seems I was harsh on Oscar though I still think he was woeful.

There is a lot to be said for dropping Costa he is muck at present, I am not sure he dived last night he was running with some sort of pace and a small clip / knock can topple you. I don't think it was a peno but I don't think it was a dive its a physical game there can be contact that is not a foul that makes you fall over. Has Costa ever actually been dropped by us, I don't think he has. That being the case it might give him something to think about over the break if he gets to sit this one out.

He will start though.

Reading that seems I was harsh on Oscar though I still think he was woeful.

There is a lot to be said for dropping Costa he is muck at present, I am not sure he dived last night he was running with some sort of pace and a small clip / knock can topple you. I don't think it was a peno but I don't think it was a dive its a physical game there can be contact that is not a foul that makes you fall over. Has Costa ever actually been dropped by us, I don't think he has. That being the case it might give him something to think about over the break if he gets to sit this one out.

He will start though.

No he hasn't. Whenever Remy gets a decent run he scores. It's hard to be sharp when you come on as aa sub every 3 games.

For Saturday I'd play, considering if theyre fit :

Begovic
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman
    Matic Ramires
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Remy

Amelia
    Cahill
    Mikel
    Oscar, Pedro, Kenedy
    Costa

For Saturday I'd play, considering if theyre fit :

Begovic
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman
    Matic Ramires
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Remy

Amelia
    Cahill
    Mikel
    Oscar, Pedro, Kenedy
    Costa

Id go pretty much the same. Cahill for Terry though, need to manage him properly to get the best from him.

Can't wait to have Tbo back, I think a lot of our nerves at the back stem from him not being in goal.

There is a break coming up JT can have a rest then so let Cahill on the bench he is not good enough and we need to get a settled defence.

• Advertisement

Can't wait to have Tbo back, I think a lot of our nerves at the back stem from him not being in goal.

Begovic has been really good but Courtois is a step up.

Panthro wrote: »

Score more goals than Stoke is the plan. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Score more goals than Stoke is the plan. :pac:
    A tactic Incey would be proud of

duploelabs wrote: »
    A tactic Incey would be proud of

I think if Stoke score 1 and we score 2, we'll win 3pts.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think if Stoke score 1 and we score 2, we'll win 3pts.

:p

Woah woah woah, slow the f*ck down there

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Michael-Owen.jpg

• Advertisement

At least we've got Gary Neville on our TV for the late Saturday kick off.

• Michael-Owen.jpg
    ^Needs one of his quotes like "Eden Hazard there showing why he is Belgian"

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ^Needs one of his quotes like "Eden Hazard there showing why he is Belgian"

367684.jpg

The obvious Owen twitter account is pretty funny.

Just seen a stat online, no other English man has made more starts in the UCL than Terry, 107 so far.

I imagine Rooney will beat it eventually for Utd and he cant be far behind it.

• Advertisement

Just seen a stat online, no other English man has made more starts in the UCL than Terry, 107 so far.

I imagine Rooney will beat it eventually for Utd and he cant be far behind it.

I dunno I'd say this is Rooney's last year at United and I can't see any other big club signing him. Could end up in the States next season.

I dunno I'd say this is Rooney's last year at United and I can't see any other big club signing him. Could end up in the States next season.

I'd be surprised if it was, how long does he ave left on his contract?

I cant see an American side bidding anything for a player, they'll take the guys whos contracts are up and the wrong side of 30 all day long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Lukker- wrote:

Pity he didn't sign for us a couple of years back, Jose would have gotten the best out of him. An unfulfilled talent I'm afraid

I'd be surprised if it was, how long does he ave left on his contract?

I cant see an American side bidding anything for a player, they'll take the guys whos contracts are up and the wrong side of 30 all day long though.

I could see United foregoing any transfer fee to a club that wasn't in competition simply to get his massive wages off the books.

Pity he didn't sign for us a couple of years back, Jose would have gotten the best out of him. An unfulfilled talent I'm afraid

He's looking physically done though at times, Jose can't fix that. Thank god we didn't sign him, prob would have done the job for the past 2 years but we'd be stuck with him on massive wages for another 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

He looks finished now alright but he was at a stage in his career where he could have reinvigorated himself at the bridge but instead plumped for the easy option

He looks finished now alright but he was at a stage in his career where he could have reinvigorated himself at the bridge but instead plumped for the easy option

True, I wanted him at the time, and we could have won the title that year if we had him instead of Torres/Eto'o/Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

:eek:

Dafuq?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Nice video of that challenge from happy on the WAGNH website under his rating for the match.

How can this be classified by a "journalist" as it should have been a penalty is beyond me, he was either in the bar doing what they do best or he has no idea what he is talking about or both

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/11/6/9679846/chelsea-vs-dynamo-kiev-player-ratings-man-of-the-match

Speaking of muck journalists it is so sad to see the decline of journalism in the Guardian, this is jibberish of the first order.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/05/chelsea-jose-mourinho-fans-support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement