Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Last year there was a sense that anything could happen when Hazard, and to a lesser extent Costa got the ball.

Now it's just a case of how far will they run before losing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    What the f*ck is wrong with Matic?

So poor again today. Remy really is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That should have been a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Should have been a pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That should have been a penalty.
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    Should have been a pen

Why , there was no contact.

Can we just play without a striker next week?

murpho999 wrote: »

He clipped his ankles, Remy was too honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I think it's time to purchase a new striker..

murpho999 wrote: »

There pretty clearly was, refs representatives have said it should have been a pen and red according to nbcsn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

ffs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

No he didnt, remy probably should have taken contact but was too honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hots wrote: »
    There pretty clearly was, refs representatives have said it should have been a pen and red according to nbcsn.

Would like to see it again. Looked to me as if Remy jumped over the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Decent performance, bad result. We didn't create an awful lot but we still created enough to have scored a couple.

:(

Not much more you can do, Mourinho can't finish peoples chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Had the 1st half possession been translated into goals, then it would have been all over after 45 mins and Chelsea would have been about 3up

Great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's time to bring the real saviour home.

1.3094211.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Good performance but a poor result to happen right now.

That's more like one that could happen any year though. Away in Stoke after midweek CL - not a good prospect for three points.

Hard to take for Chelsea fans but defo an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

So comrades, what'd ya reckon, is Jose done after that.
    Don't want him gone but the pressure most be becoming unbearable now! Will Roman hold fast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

murpho999 wrote:
    Would like to see it again. Looked to me as if Remy jumped over the challenge.

Can't remember Chelsea players getting upset over it. Maybe I missed that bit though? Seemed to lose his footing hurdling the keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

What next for Jose ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Can't believe we were beaten today - performance looked much better today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Killinator wrote: »
    Don't want him gone but the pressure most be becoming unbearable now! Will Roman hold fast?

Surely it would be crazy to sack him after that loss, given he wasn't involved in it? I mean, I get if they had sacked him before the game or whatever, or if they blame him for being banned, but I would imagine the result itself he wasn't present for shouldn't really count against him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Personally I'd be delighted to see him gone but I don't think it's the right decision and even less so after today.

Lots of green shoots in that match.

Times are hard when you're looking for a win against Stoke so you can go above Stoke.

Same again when we play Norwich in 2 weeks. ****ing hell.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Can't remember Chelsea players getting upset over it. Maybe I missed that bit though? Seemed to lose his footing hurdling the keeper

Players shouldn't have to get upset for a decision to be given.

They get upset and talk to the ref and get accused of trying to influence the game.

Ref is terrible, he missed 2 penalties last week too and he gets the TV game this week. Generally how the FA operate unfortunately.

Performance was great, all that was missing was the goals to win it but it was Stoke who get the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I don't want him gone , but I think he'll be sacked in the morning , it's intl break now too isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Surely it would be crazy to sack him after that loss, given he wasn't involved in it? I mean, I get if they had sacked him before the game or whatever, or if they blame him for being banned, but I would imagine the result itself he wasn't present for shouldn't really count against him....

The fact that he wasn't there should probably count against him. He still would have picked the team and a game plan. Chelsea did look better today though. There will be plenty of big sides that will drop points away to Stoke this year.

Lord TSC wrote: »

True, hard to blame him when he wasn't there, hope the performance is enough to stay his execution and things keep getting better, though a win in a league game would be nice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

performance was better. I do think Chelsea will stay up.

MD1990 wrote: »
    performance was better. I do think Chelsea will stay up.

The great escape is on.....kinda :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Players shouldn't have to get upset for a decision to be given.

No they don't but its a reasonable indicator if they feel they have been hard done by or not... I'm talking about looking annoyed and throwing hands up etc, not surrounding the ref. I didn't think they showed anything during that phase of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Should have been a peno

jaykay74 wrote: »
    No they don't but its a reasonable indicator if they feel they have been hard done by or not... I'm talking about looking annoyed and throwing hands up etc, not surrounding the ref. I didn't think they showed anything during that phase of play.

It was a clear infringement, don't see how you don't see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Rainy night in Stoke, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Imagine last year thinking this season we would be in a relegation battle !!
    Finishing outside top 4 doesn't bother me either , as long as we re build in the summer and have a good attack on the league next year .
    UCL is a distraction anyway and it's barças cup for the next 5-6 years ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

What did Sky say about the penalty appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Dunno what to say about that. Played well (in comparison to what's come before anyway) but still a lot of the same ****e we've seen all season. Poor defending for the goal, thought maybe Begovic could have done better with it.

Substitutions were kinda puzzling. That was Pedro's best performance since West Brom, should have stayed on. Fabregas offered nothing again.

Matic was poor again. Ramires was dire. To end on a positive Hazard looked better tonight. Was a lot livelier anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Brendan Rogers is available :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Hitchens wrote: »
    Brendan Rogers is available :)

Not as unlikely as it sounds.

Hazard was excellent for the first half, he looked wrecked in the second half though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I didnt buy into that "Mourinho 3rd Season" thing. I guess its actually true

Crackle wrote: »
    Dunno what to say about that. Played well (in comparison to what's come before anyway) but still a lot of the same ****e we've seen all season. Poor defending for the goal, thought maybe Begovic could have done better with it.

Substitutions were kinda puzzling. That was Pedro's best performance since West Brom, should have stayed on. Fabregas offered nothing again.

Matic was poor again. Ramires was dire. To end on a positive Hazard looked better tonight. Was a lot livelier anyway.

Can't understand why they took pedro off either but remy caused more problems when he was on than the entire game for Costa. Time to start remy I think!

Costa needs some time on the bench to reconsider what being a striker actually entails seems likes he's forgotten since Christmas last year.

If some players really have given up playing for Mourinho then I'd put Costa right at the top of the list.

As much as I think defence is our biggest issue, it's a few lads further up the field that just don't look interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Not as unlikely as it sounds.

I wouldn't be at all surprised. The next 24 hours will tell us a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Our fall is astonishing. Mourinho needs to go, its the perfect time with the international break coming up, it will give time for the heat to die down.

If he stays theres a real chance we'll salvage nothing and he'll leave us in a complete wreck, hes been given ample time, he cant fix this, i dont think any manager could save a situation like this should they find themselves in it, the players aren't playing for him, probably only played well today because he wasn't there.

We need a change, it will only get better if we change, it will only get worse if we prolong the inevitable.

Essien wrote: »
    If some players really have given up playing for Mourinho then I'd put Costa right at the top of the list.

As much as I think defence is our biggest issue, it's a few lads further up the field that just don't look interested.

I think it's mainly Costa tbh, we need a focal point, that isn't on the left wing.

• Advertisement

I think we could have played for 3 or 4 hours and not scored from open play, we've been relying on Willian's free kicks all season. Something needs to change, I've a feeling it will probably be Mourinho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement