Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I reckon if he's not gone in the morning he'll be here for a good while.

Even before the game I thought this might be his last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't understand Chelsea's bad run at all. Hard to reason what's happening but obviously the damage is not only on the field.
    How do you go from being right up there for years to only having 11 points from a possible 36?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I'm sickened with the situation but again I say if we want to change the culture of changing manager every 8-18 months then we back Jose and remove the rotten apples in the squad next summer. I doubt he will get the time though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Essien wrote: »
    Even before the game I thought this might be his last.

I think Mourinho did too, why else did would he get pretty emotional with the support for him the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I'm sickened with the situation but again I say if we want to change the culture of changing manager every 8-18 months then we back Jose and remove the rotten apples in the squad next summer. I doubt he will get the time though

Do you not think theres a chance that Mou is the biggest rotten apple in Chelsea?
    His attitude outside of the games is foul at times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

SSN saying a Stoke steward has made an allegation of assault against Diego Costa. They then show a video of the "incident" that shows Costa running off the pitch and picking the ball up. Costa may have brushed off him but otherwise did absolutely nothing.

Assuming of course that SSN have shown the correct clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If that's it the Stewart needs a good slap to show him what it's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely nothing in that clip. If anything, the attempted assault is the other way around.

It's easy to point fingers at Costa because of the rep he's made for himself but I would be truly amazed if anything at all came from this going by that clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I think someone is on a wind up. Probably to do with the Gabriel incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Crackle wrote: »
    SSN saying a Stoke steward has made an allegation of assault against Diego Costa. They then show a video of the "incident" that shows Costa running off the pitch and picking the ball up. Costa may have brushed off him but otherwise did absolutely nothing.

Assuming of course that SSN have shown the correct clip.

Did Costa stand on his foot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks like he stood on the stewart. This could get pretty serious for Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wouldn't surprise me if the FA tried to have him executed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Doesn't look like he stood on his foot at all actually

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Do you not think theres a chance that Mou is the biggest rotten apple in Chelsea?
    His attitude outside of the games is foul at times

He's a man in turmoil all right but a man who Roman brought back. He wasn't backed in the transfer market and the pre season was a joke. If there's 3-5 lads in that dressing room who've stopped playing for him then I say get rid of the players.
    Alternatively sack him and realise that we will be changing manager every year. In fact we ll only have a head coach really and not a manager as the players are thus proven to be boss

He's a man in turmoil all right but a man who Roman brought back. He wasn't backed in the transfer market and the pre season was a joke. If there's 3-5 lads in that dressing room who've stopped playing for him then I say get rid of the players.
    Alternatively sack him and realise that we will be changing manager every year. In fact we ll only have a head coach really and not a manager as the players are thus proven to be boss

Yeahs its hard to know, I guess have to choose to sack him & hope you can get the players back in line, or get rid of the players in question & hope he regains control of it all.
    Not straight forward either way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

The fact that he wasn't there should probably count against him. He still would have picked the team and a game plan. Chelsea did look better today though. There will be plenty of big sides that will drop points away to Stoke this year.

No, they won't. Stoke are muck - we are muck-er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Assault? Christ.

Looking for a pay out. Pathetic . Wouldn't expect any less from them though.

Please please please let Mourinho be gone in the morning. We will be relegated if he doesn't go at this rate.

I see some saying we are getting no luck recently. Well Newcaslte, Norwich, Bournemouth et al must be desperately unlucky too. Load a horse sh*t. We are rubbish. The only way this is changing is changing manager. We are on 15th place with 7 losses so far this season. 7.

That said there's a few 'players' I'd rather not see playing for us again. Costa, Terry, Fabregas being three. They offer nothing these days. Id love to know what's going on but I fear it's nothing more than Mourinho losing the plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Doesn't look like he stood on his foot at all actually

I'd find it very odd if the steward just decide to completely make it up.

Johner wrote: »
    Assault? Christ.

Looks like Costa moved towards the steward and attempted/did something. Costa can get lost with that kind of messing. He should concentrate on scoring a few goals for us rather than petty feuds with staff.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Looks like Costa moved towards the steward and attempted/did something. Costa can get lost with that kind of messing. He should concentrate on scoring a few goals for us rather than petty feuds with staff.

I agree about concentrating to score goals but there was absolutely nothing in that, if anything the steward should have threw the ball out instead of making Costa wade through a group of guards.

Augme wrote: »

$$

He probably didn't realise it was all on film and he had no case though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

While Mourinho is certainly struggling, this isn't exactly the 1st time that the players have stopped playing for a manager (albeit this time is much worse than before).

Getting rid of Mour is pretty academic at this point. I think he wants out. RA has gone back to meddling like the previous time, something I presume was agreed wouldn't be done for Mour to come back. He sold Cech to Arsenal, clearly against his wishes. Pedro wasn't a Mour buy and none of the targets he asked for were delivered

JT also has a lot to answer. He has always been the main voice in the dressing room so if their was a mutiny then he is the man leading it, or at best not stopping it.

The Costa incident. OK, nothing in it really, but why even get involved? Chelsea just seem a team more intent of proving that everyone is against them rather than just getting on with winning matches.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    While Mourinho is certainly struggling, this isn't exactly the 1st time that the players have stopped playing for a manager (albeit this time is much worse than before).

Getting rid of Mour is pretty academic at this point. I think he wants out. RA has gone back to meddling like the previous time, something I presume was agreed wouldn't be done for Mour to come back. He sold Cech to Arsenal, clearly against his wishes. Pedro wasn't a Mour buy and none of the targets he asked for were delivered

JT also has a lot to answer. He has always been the main voice in the dressing room so if their was a mutiny then he is the man leading it, or at best not stopping it.

The Costa incident. OK, nothing in it really, but why even get involved? Chelsea just seem a team more intent of proving that everyone is against them rather than just getting on with winning matches.

I believe you may be right, he just wants out. Give BRog a chance.

Augme wrote: »

Seriously?

Watch the clip, do you see any evidence of Costa doing anything other then going over, bending down and picking up the ball? His left foot does not stamp, it does not deviate from a normal step, he didn't even acknowledge the steward.

There are so many genuine opportunities to have a pop at Costa, but ffs

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thing is Chelsea didn't play that bad. On another day they'd likely have won that game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Lukker- wrote: »
    $$

He probably didn't realise it was all on film and he had no case though.
    At the side of the pitch? No one is stupid enough to not know there are cameras there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

MD1990 wrote: »
    Looks like he stood on the stewart. This could get pretty serious for Costa.
    Garzorico wrote: »

What video were you lads watching ?

Costa did nothing, watch it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

AgileMyth wrote: »
    At the side of the pitch? No one is stupid enough to not know there are cameras there.

Well he seems to be stupid enough to deem that an assault. In fairness anyone who comes in here claiming that to be an assault is only in to troll.

AgileMyth wrote: »

I think you are underestimating the Stoke fan base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What video were you lads watching ?

Costa did nothing, watch it again.

He picked up the ball right? For ask the **** things going on with Chelsea tonight and lately this is bottom of the pile.

One should never underestimate how bitter and twisted the people of Stoke are/can be

Horrible, horrible place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Sorry folks, but that's it. There's no way past the loss rate at this point. No team with our array of talent can justify shipping so many defeats. Either a clutch of underperformers goes with a commitment to replace them, or we're utterly wasting our time with Jose. We can't even string a win and a draw together now. Our win over Kiev was paltry and flukey. There's no spine anymore. This squad is bust. No more room for error.

Personally, I think Jose is now a goner. Sad but true. Not good for CFC. :(

Oddly Chelsea have looked better lately and played pretty well tonight.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    anyone who comes in here claiming that to be an assault is only in to troll.

Well if you deem it so then it must be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just saw the highlights there. That has to be a penalty for Remi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

We were probably the better side, losses like this will happen any side at any stage

I'm dreading that yellow ticker on ssn tomorrow, if Jose goes then who in the hell comes in ? If he goes it will be all sense of a long term plan for the team gone.

4th place is still a possibility, we're not too far off a real push, without Jose I can't see us doing anything this season whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Seriously?

Watch the clip, do you see any evidence of Costa doing anything other then going over, bending down and picking up the ball? His left foot does not stamp, it does not deviate from a normal step, he didn't even acknowledge the steward.

There are so many genuine opportunities to have a pop at Costa, but ffs

I did watch the clip. I see Costa put his foot down where the Steward was standing and then steward immediately reacts. Now maybe all along the steward was hoping Costa would get close to him so he could pretend Costa stamp on him and that's why he reacted that way.

However I think it's far more likely that a player, who has a long history of stamping, has in fact stood on him.

You'd want to be all kinds of soft to see anything even approaching intent, never mind assault, in that clip.

One person got a bit close to another person, lock him up! ****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If that's a stamp then I'm a letter ready to be posted.
    What a load of absolute codswallop.

Hope the steward realizes he's gone and made himself look like a right clown.
    Possibility of it being the single most wankerish attempt of getting a few $$ off someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

some players don't look bothered you'd think Mourinho would round them up and banish them to the reserves

some players don't look bothered you'd think Mourinho would round them up and banish them to the reserves

I'm actually thinking the same. I just wonder does he have the power to do this? It seems odd that so many players would play so terribly and he seemingly just lets it happen.

This is way beyond any confidence crisis, some players just look like they really don't give a ****. It's mad that it's going unpunished.

Not a patch on the original though in fairness

Panthro wrote: »
    If that's a stamp then I'm a letter ready to be posted.
    What a load of absolute codswallop.

I dread to think how many people I've unwittingly assaulted by just walking too close to them on the street.

I left the cinema earlier and there was a fairly big crowd leaving all at once, it was a feckin' bloodbath!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement