Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just bought tickets to the Sunderland game couldn't have left it that late this time last year they'd be gone loads of tickets available in every section bar the east stand I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Yeah, I noticed that with the Kiev game too. It's amazing how fickle fans can be. I'm not complaining too much because getting tickets is a nightmare, I'd say the gunners have the same problem now seeing as how many fans have crawled out from under rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

JT26 wrote: »
    has Costa been shot by the firing squad yet?

It was his fault that Shawcross lashed out at him twice in fairness, expect a ban to follow soon.

Courtois is nearly back too, I'm willing to bet, however many league goals we've left in up until that point, for the reamining games Courtois plays, he'll leave probably half that total.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Courtois is nearly back too, I'm willing to bet, however many league goals we've left in up until that point, for the reamining games Courtois plays, he'll leave probably half that total.

December 09th against Porto is comeback game apparently

December 09th against Porto is comeback game apparently

That would be perfect, that game is going to decide who finishes top of the group it looks like.

Although, if we beat Porto and Kiev beat Tel Aviv, Kiev can still finish above Porto by beating them in the final game of the group.

So its all to play for in our group.

Actually on the group game against Porto, they beat us 2-1 over in Portugal, so do we need to beat them only 1-0 to leap frog them?

We'll have the same points, same GD but I think it comes down to head to head but without checking online, does it come down to what could be away goals? Over the 2 games it would be 2-2 but we'd have the away goal, I'm not entirely sure myself without digging around for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Actually on the group game against Porto, they beat us 2-1 over in Portugal, so do we need to beat them only 1-0 to leap frog them?

We'll have the same points, same GD but I think it comes down to head to head but without checking online, does it come down to what could be away goals? Over the 2 games it would be 2-2 but we'd have the away goal, I'm not entirely sure myself without digging around for an answer.

Away Goals AFAIK

Lukker- wrote: »
    Away Goals AFAIK

Sneaky 1-0 so to us. :o

• Advertisement

Anyone know anymore about this

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-zouma-withdraws-from-international-duty-with-injury/514463?

We could do without Zouma getting injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone know anymore about this

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-zouma-withdraws-from-international-duty-with-injury/514463?

We could do without Zouma getting injured

Ah ffs, sure might apart from Willian and Azpi he's been one of the only one's I'm enjoying watching. Hopefully shenanigans/something minor.

Hopefully its only a niggle, we're 11 days out from our next league game and the French games were just friendlies so nothing major on the line for Happy.

I just read the article too, he was selected by the U21s only? Even more of a waste of time.

Get him back and ready for Norwich asap IMO.

Ivanovic is likely to be fit and avilable for Norwich too.

I just read the article too, he was selected by the U21s only? Even more of a waste of time.

Get him back and ready for Norwich asap IMO.

Ivanovic is likely to be fit and avilable for Norwich too.

I'd actually prefer Ivan at RB than Zouma, it'll only stunt his development. I hope Mou keeps going with Papy and Dave for a couple more games though.

hots wrote: »
    I'd actually prefer Ivan at RB than Zouma, it'll only stunt his development. I hope Mou keeps going with Papy and Dave for a couple more games though.

Dave and Rahman I assume is what you meant? :o

I think the back 5, all being fit, should read

Courtois
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman

Ivan is well past it
    JT is very close to it seems
    Cahill isnt good enough to continue in his absence

So that leaves us with a huge building job for the future, I cant remember where I said it, but I'd go all out for Stones, throw Everton a f**k load of cash and throw in cahill to sweeten the deal.

I'd give JT a new deal but leave Ivan go and keep Kalas around.

So next year we could potentially start the season with Azp, Kalas, Zouma, JT, Stones, Rahman.

Kalas, while a CB by trade is much more natural at RB than Zouma, IMO and better served than Ivan for getting up and down, defensively he could be much better but that will come in time.

Dave and Rahman I assume is what you meant? :o

I did of course, long morning at work -_- Could definitely see christensen and maybe Kalas getting in the squad next year.

Clickbait but for those interested top 4 in order according to Deep Thought is City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea.

Would be delighted with that but I think Deep Thought might have some software issues.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-table-super-computer-predicts-final-bpl-table-201516-november-update?

If we finish top 6 I'd be genuinely shocked, theres nothing to suggest we're anywhere near it.

We're not scoring freely yet we're leaving goals by the bucket load.

Every other week we keep saying if we put a run together we'll drive on but the only running we're on is a non-winning run.

We've won 2 of our last 7 league games, beating Villa and Arsenal, we've lost 4 of the 7 and drawn 1.

7pts from 7 games is a shocking retunr for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

If we finish top 6 I'd be genuinely shocked, theres nothing to suggest we're anywhere near it.

We're not scoring freely yet we're leaving goals by the bucket load.

Every other week we keep saying if we put a run together we'll drive on but the only running we're on is a non-winning run.

We've won 2 of our last 7 league games, beating Villa and Arsenal, we've lost 4 of the 7 and drawn 1.

7pts from 7 games is a shocking retunr for us.

Its a better return than 11 points from 12 games though Gav :pac:

ronjo wrote: »
    Its a better return than 11 points from 12 games though Gav :pac:

We've a badass, a comedian and a mathematician all rolled into one here :P

We've a badass, a comedian and a mathematician all rolled into one here :P

I was going to mention that you only have 7 points and not 5, or even 4 due to a certain Mr Dean but that might be seen as bitter and argumentative so I went with the safer one :)

I was going to mention that you only have 7 points and not 5, or even 4 due to a certain Mr Dean but that might be seen as bitter and argumentative so I went with the safer one :)

Era Dean was only on our side that day coz we were playing Arsenal :pac:

Every other game....well not exactly but a good chunk of games theres been poor calls made against us, more so than there is in our favour at the moment, hopefully they some what balance out though but thanks for the 3pts :pac:

WE'd be f**ked otherwise ha.

Every other game....well not exactly but a good chunk of games theres been poor calls made against us, more so than there is in our favour at the moment, hopefully they some what balance out though but thanks for the 3pts :pac:

Sure, they might keep you up and cost us the title :pac::eek:

Sure, they might keep you up and cost us the title :pac::eek:

It wouldnt bother me if we finish 17th as long as we keep Jose and back him in the summer properly this time.

The league is between 3 teams anyway, keep it in London if ye can but only for 12months, its loan from SW6 :pac:

• Advertisement

It wouldnt bother me if we finish 17th as long as we keep Jose and back him in the summer properly this time.

The league is between 3 teams anyway, keep it in London if ye can but only for 12months, its loan from SW6 :pac:

Wash your mouth out yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ;)

Wash your mouth out yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ;)

In fairness, I reckon City will eventually win it by about 4-6pts from Utd or Arsenal.

Spurs probably nicking 4th from Pool.

We'll finish 7th and win the UCL. :pac:

In fairness, I reckon City will eventually win it by about 4-6pts from Utd or Arsenal.

Spurs probably nicking 4th from Pool.

We'll finish 7th and win the UCL. :pac:

4th could be very interesting fight this season would have a slight fancy for Spurs as well but have to say like the cut of Kloop's jib bah humbug......

With the exception of when they beat play us will be a big City fan for the rest of the season.

City also doing much better in Europe this year, might leave Arsenal in to rack up some points, Arsenal if they go out of Europe altogether will have a decent rest in February either side of the European games that others wont have, if they go into the Europa League at least they can rest their main players.

Also, November is usually a very bad month for us, our reamining fixtures in November are, Norwich (h) Tel Aviv (a) Spurs (a)

Hopefully 2 wins and a draw is possible for us, going away to Spurs and winning is something I've no confidence in at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Would be miracle if we get 4th thb

It's the Christmas season, 'tis the time for miracles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I know no one wants this debate but i dont know how accurate it is to say Chelsea are getting more calls against them than for.

Everytime its showed in replays it shows they were the right calls.

And the ones that did go against them in a game it was evened out. Example been Costa not sent off against Liverpool and Lucas the same when they should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

JustTheOne wrote:
    And the ones that did go against them in a game it was evened out. Example been Costa not sent off against Liverpool and Lucas the same when they should have.

Liverpool's equaliser was well over the added time. That's 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Liverpool's equaliser was well over the added time. That's 2-1

Minimum of 2 minutes.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I know no one wants this debate but i dont know how accurate it is to say Chelsea are getting more calls against them than for.

Everytime its showed in replays it shows they were the right calls.

Such as Tbo red against Swans which pretty much every ex ref agreed was a yellow later in game Costa clean through taken out by Williams nothing given this was a clear red, Ram disallowed goal against City when 1-0 about a metre on side. Adams leading with an elbow against Zouma I think straight into his jaw anyway in the league, Adams again jumping into Willian with full studs onto his ankle nowhere near the ball, Naismith lunge with high studs on Ivan before his first of 3 against us again just about every ex ref said was a straight red there have been far more against us than given this season but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

We're definitely not getting the majority of calls, we're not even getting an equal share of the calls.

Theres at least 2 possible red card incidents alone in the Stoke game that werent given on top of a penalty.

Nothing you can do about them really but play on and hope ya dont have to rely on them.

It's the Christmas season, 'tis the time for miracles

If we get 4th it will be about 5 christmas's worth of miracles.

:cool:

We're definitely not getting the majority of calls, we're not even getting an equal share of the calls.

Theres at least 2 possible red card incidents alone in the Stoke game that werent given on top of a penalty.

Nothing you can do about them really but play on and hope ya dont have to rely on them.

Exactly this, and to be honest Jose bringing attention to it over the last couple of months doesn't help us. If he wants to use it as a motivator in the dressing room that's great but there's no point slagging off the officials that will be refereeing your games for the rest of the year anyway.

Also we're probably only noticing it more now because in years gone by we were winning in spite of decisions, now we're desperately needing decisions to get back into games at times.

hots wrote: »
    Exactly this, and to be honest Jose bringing attention to it over the last couple of months doesn't help us. If he wants to use it as a motivator in the dressing room that's great but there's no point slagging off the officials that will be refereeing your games for the rest of the year anyway.

Also we're probably only noticing it more now because in years gone by we were winning in spite of decisions, now we're desperately needing decisions to get back into games at times.

Well thats it really, we're just not good enough at the moment to be able to do it ourselves and if the calls arent going your way either its a serious hinderence, ideally we wouldnt need those 50/50 calls but we're not even getting the blatant ones, nor are we seeing consistency with incidents that involved us.

Another example, Costa lashing out Skrtel, its widely believed that he should have been sent off but Shawcross, from the floor swung an arm at Costa the other night but there was nothing made of it, going back earlier in the year, Naismith kicks Ivanovic between the legs as hes shielding the ball outplay and is shoved before the kick by Naismith, nothing made of either incident but Costa is investigated and the faux outrage is coming from all corners about his incident, it would be good craic if it wasnt so wid spread and inconsistent but thats the FA for ya.

• Advertisement

Upshoot of not playing this week, we cant lose a game.

Positives people, positives. :D

Well thats it really, we're just not good enough at the moment to be able to do it ourselves and if the calls arent going your way either its a serious hinderence, ideally we wouldnt need those 50/50 calls but we're not even getting the blatant ones, nor are we seeing consistency with incidents that involved us.

Another example, Costa lashing out Skrtel, its widely believed that he should have been sent off but Shawcross, from the floor swung an arm at Costa the other night but there was nothing made of it, going back earlier in the year, Naismith kicks Ivanovic between the legs as hes shielding the ball outplay and is shoved before the kick by Naismith, nothing made of either incident but Costa is investigated and the faux outrage is coming from all corners about his incident, it would be good craic if it wasnt so wid spread and inconsistent but thats the FA for ya.

There is a mock outrage vogue against pretty much all things Chelsea at present and the action of Jose is not helping much (look at was it Giroud and Vertongen last Sunday with they had a little tiff had that been Costa it would have been headline news of that there is no doubt remember Fernandinho leading with the elbow and near knocking Costa out at City deserving of a red and Atkinson was reluctant to give even a yellow). The really annoying thing is he is actually right most of the time but his method of delivery means the message is getting lost.
    Maybe he should just have a segment in his press conference each week where in a calm manner he can wonder aloud why some decisions were made.

So RLC looking for a loan apparently, in the event this happens then it can only be labelled a disgrage

http://theprideoflondon.com/2015/11/11/chelsea-fc-ruben-loftus-cheek-seeks-january-loan/?

Hopefully going to see him and the other U21s after the Stoke game is in indication that he'll get game time.

Hes easily our brightest prospect and a guy if he was to develop could be a EPL player for the next decade, he'll certainly play games for lower level EPL sides and top Championship sides if he does want a loan deal.

I'm not even going to link too the article but the Daily Mail have as their main headline, Eva carniero marries and no Chelsea player turns up.

I'm not sure they Daily Mail is aware or are they deliberately being stupid but I think and I could be wrong ut I'm not, nearly our entire 1st team squad is off playing international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You are only 10 points off spurs, it's still doable. The top 3 is probably cemented bar a collapse

Edit: when Leicester fall away I mean

You are only 10 points off spurs, it's still doable. The top 3 is probably cemented bar a collapse

I just dont see it mate.

In the last what, 17 or so competitive games, I've not seen enough to suggest that we'll manage to swing the points around and push on for 4th consistently and thats the key in our situation, consistency.

We've been playing better and better but not winning, its only a matter of time before that changes but I think we'll be playing catch up all season and will miss out.

Haha lucky you werent picked up on that before your edit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ummmm qué?

CTm1MmEUsAA_qNe.jpg:large

• Advertisement

AS are a Barca based paper arent they?

They usually spread sh*te about Real, as much as Marca spread about Barca.

I wouldnt believe anything coming from either side unless I seen the player holding up a jersey, theres no way we'll be in for Ronaldo and theres no way he'll come back to England and play for anyone other than Utd.

It would also mean losing Hazard if it was in the realms of possibility, I'd take Bale before Ronaldo but only because we would get more years of service from Bale whos about 5 years younger than Ronnie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement