Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    AS are a Barca based paper arent they?

They usually spread sh*te about Real, as much as Marca spread about Barca.

I wouldnt believe anything coming from either side unless I seen the player holding up a jersey, theres no way we'll be in for Ronaldo and theres no way he'll come back to England and play for anyone other than Utd.

It would also mean losing Hazard if it was in the realms of possibility, I'd take Bale before Ronaldo but only because we would get more years of service from Bale whos about 5 years younger than Ronnie.

AS is a madrid paper i think

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/11/12/english/1447323038_990144.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I thought they were Barca based? :confused:

Who am I thinking about so ha? :pac:

Sell Ramires, give Ronaldo number 7
    Sell Hazard, give Messi number 10
    Win the league
    ??
    Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I thought they were Barca based? :confused:

Who am I thinking about so ha? :pac:

Marca is Madrid.
    As is Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pudders wrote: »
    Marca is Madrid.
    As is Barca.

No As is From Madrid too. El Mundo Deportivo is the rag produced in and supporting Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Marca is very Real Madrid biased, As is less so.
    Mundo Deportivo is Barca.

Aaaahhhhhh I see. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

greendom wrote: »
    No As is From Madrid too. El Mundo Deportivo is the rag produced in and supporting Barcelona.

If you think Mundo Deportivo truly supports Barcelona you've been woefully ill-informed.

The rags have picked up the Ronaldo story now, I'm not sure where they get their pie in the sky figures its mental.

Sign Ronaldo for 70m

Sell Hazard for 80m, and 60m for Matic and Oscar.

Leaving 70m in the kitty I assume for Pogba/Varane/Stones.

Perfect. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Can't we just spend a few hundred million, thought FFP was dead?

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Can't we just spend a few hundred million, thought FFP was dead?

Its been said it is but its still in place AFAIK.

Nobody has come out to say f**k it, it was a giant waste of time that only kept the rich very rich.

Its still something clubs are "adhering" too some better than others and some clearer and cleaner than others and not cloaking finances with dodgy owner operated sponsorship deals like PSG and City.

Something Roman should look at doing.

I also dont thin we'll spend as we want with the new stadium around the corner, Roman wont want to be spending a few hundred million before spending another few hundred million on the stadium, basically over the next 5-7 years the he'll probably end up pumping in about 1billion pound and that is the stadium does cost 500m and doesnt cost more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If you think Mundo Deportivo truly supports Barcelona you've been woefully ill-informed.

I must admit I don't read it regularly. I haven't seen it in the newstands since I lived in Barcelona in the early 90s. It is certainly a Catalan based periodical though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Marca is very Real Madrid biased, As is less so.
    Mundo Deportivo is Barca.

and Sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

GavRedKing wrote:
    only
    GavRedKing wrote:
    I also dont thin we'll spend as we want with the new stadium around the corner, Roman wont want to be spending a few hundred million before spending another few hundred million on the stadium, basically over the next 5-7 years the he'll probably end up pumping in about 1billion pound and that is the stadium does cost 500m and doesnt cost more.

Think we should remind him he can't bring it with him,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

greendom wrote: »

Yep ,

EL Mundo Deportivo
    SPORT

are the despicable propaganda bull**** rags I have to see in the stands every day ...

headlines like :

WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE AGAIN

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS ....

etc ...

tripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yep ,

EL Mundo Deportivo
    SPORT

are the despicable propaganda bull**** rags I have to see in the stands every day ...

headlines like :

WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE AGAIN

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS ....

etc ...

tripe

Monkey don't believe everything you read in the papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Monkey don't believe everything you read in the papers

Hoyyy !!!

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I was under the impression that Brana was unique in that he doesn't have an agent and he negotiated his one year contract last year on his own

The guardian mentioned it too.

I'd sell him in January but I dont know why someone mentioned Inter Milan, hes allowed to negoiate with any foreign side from January and can see out his current deal until the end of the year with a pre contract agreement with a new side.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I watched the highlights of Spain V England last nite. Fabragas ran the show.

Why can’t he do the same with us this season :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Barr wrote: »

It's a start. Better him playing well for Spain than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Panthro wrote: »
    Begovic 6ft 6in
    Dave azp 5ft 10in
    Zouma 6ft 3in
    Terry 6ft 1.5in
    Rahman 5ft 10in
    Ramires 5ft 11in
    Matic 6ft 4in
    Costa 6ft 2in
    Willian 5ft 9in
    Hazard 5ft 8in
    Pedro 5ft 5in

Remy 6ft 1in
    Oscar 5ft 10in
    Cesc 5ft 9in

Oh so you mean Pedro.

This just popped up as haven't popped in since last week.

Funny image of Terry saying 'no it's 6ft 1 AND A HALF'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barr wrote: »

Spain are better drilled at the moment. England aren't all that great. It was a friendly. Teams that face him in the EPL all have a plan to nullify his influence. Against Spain it's harder because the opposing team knows he's not the only the pivot.

Well only a few more days and we're back in action, hosting Norwich, surely we'll win this game. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Well we were very unlucky against stoke tbf the team played very well. So it seems like we are improving anyway

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Well we were very unlucky against stoke tbf the team played very well. So it seems like we are improving anyway

Ya, it was one of the better games so far this season in terms of performance.

Hopefully we get the 3 points at the weekend anyway and start moving in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Ya, it was one of the better games so far this season in terms of performance.

Hopefully we get the 3 points at the weekend anyway and start moving in the right direction.

Ya 3 points is really badly needed. Top 4 is still doable if we can start putting wins together

not to worry fellas the paper have us signing messi and ronaldo next summer :)

Ya 3 points is really badly needed. Top 4 is still doable if we can start putting wins together

I've said it for weeks that I dont think we will get top 4 but it would be a good surprise if we did.

peteeeed wrote: »
    not to worry fellas the paper have us signing messi and ronaldo next summer :)

We only need one anyway, theyed never play together. :o

We only need one anyway, theyed never play together. :o

a seperate dressing room agreement ?

Ronaldo is past it imo would take neymar before him

• Advertisement

i think we had our chance with him

peteeeed wrote: »
    i think we had our chance with him

No I'm not saying we should sign him or anything. Just that I don't think Ronaldo would be the best signing. Would love Messi tho

No I'm not saying we should sign him or anything. Just that I don't think Ronaldo would be the best signing. Would love Messi tho

Would love Ronaldo, just to piss off the ManU few who think they've a first refusal on him if he were to return to the EPL

I would love a few defenders , and maybe a striker, and a Pogba perhaps....
    Note to self:

When home this evening write letter to Santa only 38 days to Christmas after all ..............

• Advertisement

It would be some craic to finish above man u and the pool after the start we had.

I wonder will the young lad keep the shirt or flog it? Nice gesture by the club though,

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=129234

No doubt if they had not though the mock outrage would be in full flow again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

One of the most crazy posts I read in a long time.How exactly is he past it,he is the current holder for the Ballon D'or for gods sake the only computation to Messi for the up coming Ballon D'or .A player with his mentality and drive will be around for along time yet barring injury (which he seems cant he get injured).
    He has shown no signs of slowing down and I would gladly take him at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

One of the most crazy posts I read in a long time.How exactly is he past it,he is the current holder for the Ballon D'or for gods sake the only computation to Messi for the up coming Ballon D'or .A player with his mentality and drive will be around for along time yet barring injury (which he seems cant he get injured).
    He has shown no signs of slowing down and I would gladly take him at City.

Neymar says hello

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Would ye sell Costa in Jan if his sh*tty form continued and we could sign a suitable replacement?

Getting linked a good bit with Lacazzette, Griezemann and Texeira. Think we'll definitely sign a CB too, possibly a CM.

Rumours of Papy to Besikitas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lukker- wrote: »
    Would ye sell Costa in Jan if his sh*tty form continued and we could sign a suitable replacement?

Getting linked a good bit with Lacazzette, Griezemann and Texeira. Think we'll definitely sign a CB too, possibly a CM.

Who'd buy him ?

I'd only be in favour of big January signings if they weren't the ones expected to save our season. Can't have another Torres on our hands, or even Cuadrado

I wouldn't be too bothered if he was sold tbh he's in **** form and his behaviour on the pitch is unacceptable at times.

I wonder tho if we got really good competition for him would he benifit from it

see my post above

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement