Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lukker- wrote: »
    Neymar says hello

I don't understand that response.Just to be clear I am not knocking Neymar what so ever he is an unbelievable player, just when I read that Ronaldo is past it,I had to reply.

The mind boggles .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

duploelabs wrote: »

Damn will miss the lesser spotted Papy - he had such potential.........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I don't understand that response.Just to be clear I am not knocking Neymar what so ever he is an unbelievable player, just when I read that Ronaldo is past it,I had to reply.

The mind boggles .

You said Ronaldo would be the only competitor to Messi for the Ballon D'Or.

My point is Neymar has outperformed both this season.

Not a chance Hazard is a shoe in .......

Atleti would take Costa back and I think we could get what we paid for him, or even use him as a makeweight for Griezemann.

Don't think he's happy in England anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Barr wrote: »
    It would be some craic to finish above man u and the pool after the start we had.

LOL to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

duploelabs wrote: »

Has anyone an theory on this aspect of Jose 2.0.

There are loads of players coming in that are just going straight out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Every day a school day thanks for pointing it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Random question time

Did José make Ronaldo or Eto'o track back all the time when he was at Madrid/Inter? Just curious because he's always harped on about Hazard in the same position

• Advertisement

Random question time

Did José make Ronaldo or Eto'o track back all the time when he was at Madrid/Inter? Just curious because he's always harped on about Hazard in the same position

Etoo yes.

Ronaldo no. Or maybe he did but he never did it. Main reason they got hammered against Dortmund that time. There left side has been a weakness for some time.

Etoo yes.

Ronaldo no. Or maybe he did but he never did it. Main reason they got hammered against Dortmund that time. There left side has been a weakness for some time.

Fair enough if he was making a player like Eto'o track back. I suppose Ronaldo in a way has earned the right to not need to track back, but if he wasn't going to track back then he should be playing central

Fair enough if he was making a player like Eto'o track back. I suppose Ronaldo in a way has earned the right to not need to track back, but if he wasn't going to track back then he should be playing central

The thing is he doesn't like playing centrally, he gets more space coming from the left and he sees the game better.

I guess the solution is just don't let your left back get forward but they are gonna run into trouble when full backs and wingers double up on ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

For once I enjoyed seeing Begovic concede !! :D

When he went down injured at one stage I didn't know which way to feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

He doesn’t look great when he plays for Bosnia.

• Advertisement

Oh God !! , we're not playing this weekend are we ??!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oh God !! , we're not playing this weekend are we ??!!! :P

Norwich at home, a nervy 2-1 win for us I predict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Hopefully Begovics confidence won't be affected!

Hopefully our defence gives him feck all to do

I thought Courtouis was due back ? :mad:

• Advertisement

December is when Tbo is back. Hes meant to be back for the Utd game which is on the 23th I think.

I reckon he'll be back in full training before the end of the November.

We've missed him, Begovic has been an able deputy but I think we are 3 or 4 points better off with Tbo, probably more.

I reckon he'll be back in full training before the end of the November.

We've missed him, Begovic has been an able deputy but I think we are 3 or 4 points better off with Tbo, probably more.

He was exceptional in some games and not so much in others.

Clearly courtois is the better gk and more consistent performer so i really cant wait for him to come back.

So how much are we going to be bent over a barrel for a deal for Stones?

Rags seem to think we're going back in for him in January which , IMO, wont happen. If it doesm happen it will be the summer and I'd expect even more competition for him if it does go that far.

The summer was the perfect time to get him but Everton werent budging which I must admit I was surprised about, I assumed we'd get him eventually.

Thing is our defence is so bad any team with a half decent defender will bend us over a table, fair enough really they have to make hay whilst the sun shines. The shame is we let ourselves get into this position so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Thing is our defence is so bad any team with a half decent defender will bend us over a table, fair enough really they have to make hay whilst the sun shines. The shame is we let ourselves get into this position so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Papy D is meant to be off out of the club in January after playing about 2mins of the league cup. :o

Jose talking to the media at 12 today, I'm more hopeful for the next few games but thats probably due to not having a game where we failed to win in the last few days. :o

I've a match anyway at 2.30 so I'll miss our game but I will get to see the Clasico. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Papy D is meant to be off out of the club in January after playing about 2mins of the league cup. :o

what was the deal with him?? Cheap or expensive?

ronjo wrote: »
    what was the deal with him?? Cheap or expensive?

Cheap, last resort, panic buy, stop gap by the looks of it.

Same as the dude we signed from Reading and loaned back straight away to them.

Missing out on Stones forced them into the market and probably about 7 or 8 players down their list of targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cheap, last resort, panic buy, stop gap by the looks of it.

Same as the dude we signed from Reading and loaned back straight away to them.

Missing out on Stones forced them into the market and probably about 7 or 8 players down their list of targets.

Always a risk doing that but as long as you didnt spunk more than 5million or so I guess no matter really.

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    Always a risk doing that but as long as you didnt spunk more than 5million or so I guess no matter really.

I think he was under 3 million, nothing really in the grand scheme of things but he certainly wasnt a player Jose wanted.

Must have been a recommandation from the scouts and brought in as a worse case scenario if the CBs started getting injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Both investment buys id say. Buy low sell high.
    Any one know if the game is on TV tommorow?

Whats peoples taughts on Texeira, iv not seen him play myself but stats wise he is interesting. He is also open to playing for us come january

what a day wrote: »
    Both investment buys id say. Buy low sell high.
    Any one know if the game is on TV tommorow?

Whats peoples taughts on Texeira, iv not seen him play myself but stats wise he is interesting. He is also open to playing for us come january

More a case of buy low and sell as low. :o

I dont think we're on TV but I've not checked, usually the 3pm kick off thats on Setanta is some tripe game with two terrible teams.....so actually theres every chance we could be on Setanta. :pac:

I'm in the same boat as yourself with Texeria, apart from the odd UCL highlight, I've not seen much of him, he'd be UCL cup tied if we did go after him in January though.

Jose still confident of getting 4th. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jose press conference Norwich

Jose Mourinho says his reaction to events in Paris is the same as everyone. He says football is powerful as a way to show solidarity.

it is now a time for football to continue on, and he will go to the game tomorrow only focusing on that.

it is now a time for football to continue on, and he will go to the game tomorrow only focusing on that.

it is time to give the Chelsea fans the victory they deserve.

there is trust shown to him and the players by the owner and the board, and it is time to repay
    Falcao will soon be back from injury and Courtois will be back in December too.

he will not ask the board for any changes to his squad in January. He is confident we will still finish in the top four.

Jose says tomorrow Chelsea will play very well and get a good result, even though he has plenty of respect for Norwich.

Jose says Eden Hazard trained normally yesterday. There were reports he was ill midweek when with Belgium.

Not sure whether it's been mentioned already , our match is live on setanta tomorrow

Bit of friday afternoon gossip (rubbish) for you all
    Chelsea

Chelsea are set to land Boca Juniors forward Jonathan Calleri in January for around 9million euros (L Equipe)

Chelsea are the latest English club to be interested in Barcelona superstar Neymar (Don Balon)

Chelsea have been told by Shakhtar Donetsk that it will take a bid in excess of 30m to sign Alex Teixeira, 25 (Evening Standard)

Manchester United will have to break the British record for a defender and spend 45million if they want to beat Chelsea to the signature of Everton star John Stones (Manchester Evening News)

Chelsea are reportedly keeping tabs on several young English stars, including Aston Villa s Jack Grealish, Tottenham full-back Danny Rose and Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann (Daily Mail)

If Stones does go I reckon we'll be spending more than what we spent on Torres to get him. Its the way the game is, also next year the new TV revenue starts to kick in so everyone will be getting nearly £90m each for just being in the league, I'm expecting any deals that the EPL clubs make will be mental and could break the record for spending in one winodw.

I'm hoping our game is off tomorrow, I think Chelsea will win but I cant wait to see how we react on the back of an international break.

• Advertisement

Chelsea youth player mason mount with a Beauty for England u-17's

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/667798379242516480

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea youth player mason mount with a Beauty for England u-17's

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/667798379242516480

Cracking goal, I'm sure he'll be gracing the pitch at Vitesse Arnhem soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Bit of friday afternoon gossip (rubbish) for you all
    Chelsea

Chelsea are set to land Boca Juniors forward Jonathan Calleri in January for around 9million euros (L Equipe)

Chelsea are the latest English club to be interested in Barcelona superstar Neymar (Don Balon)

Chelsea have been told by Shakhtar Donetsk that it will take a bid in excess of 30m to sign Alex Teixeira, 25 (Evening Standard)

Manchester United will have to break the British record for a defender and spend 45million if they want to beat Chelsea to the signature of Everton star John Stones (Manchester Evening News)

Chelsea are reportedly keeping tabs on several young English stars, including Aston Villa s Jack Grealish, Tottenham full-back Danny Rose and Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann (Daily Mail)

Jack Grealish, Danny Rose and SCOTT DANN!!!

They must have been pissing themselves laughing coming up with those names.

Team to face Norwich City: Begovic; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Kenedy; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa.
    subs: Blackman, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ramires, Oscar, Traore, Remy.

Kenedy at left back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Team to face Norwich City: Begovic; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Kenedy; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa.
    subs: Blackman, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ramires, Oscar, Traore, Remy.

Kenedy at left back?

Why is dave dropped ? He's one if our better players this season? Must have got a knock ?

no match thread ?

Really nervous watching this ..... you´d swear we were playing city or united :D !!

• Advertisement

We would be a goal up of we had an anyway decent striker.

we are playing well at least ... positive stuff from the lads...

Costa is a bloody donkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Costa is more than useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Christ, how many chances does he need?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement