Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone got any paint that needs watching?

Great save. Hazards never gonna score

And another good save

And a save from begovic f**k me

JT down.

Willian has some eye for FKs this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

get in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I think we should just clone Willian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Nothing the keeper could do about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

What a ball?

About time we started scoring.

Gloss on a poor performance though for me.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    About time we started scoring.

Gloss on a poor performance though for me.

I disagree some what, first half performance was good but there was a little lull in the second half. Baba looked very eger to get forward all game and linked up well.

The lesser spotted goal from open play

weiland79 wrote: »

If remy could get one he'd have to be in with a shout for a start against Spurs.

weiland79 wrote: »

Theyre an endangered species

• Advertisement

Zouma makes it 4

Another set piece goal.

Are we Stoke in disguise....but worse?

Thats remy f ucked

We were sh*te I reckon but the 10men were never going to stop us.

Only worry now is JTs injury. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

It's like beating Southend in the Capital One Cup. Yeah, you won 0-4, but...meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

4-0 win but reading the comments in here it's nothing to get excited about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rottie 11 wrote: »

nope, they're **** but we're slightly ****ter

can't see past a spurs win on sunday

rottie 11 wrote: »

I was happy with it anyway, could have done better but you should never underestimate the distance travelled. Pitch was deplorable and hazard was taken off and will no doubt be receiving Jose's wrath but we're top of the group and a point at home against Porto will see us through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I was happy with it anyway, could have done better but you should never underestimate the distance travelled. Pitch was deplorable and hazard was taken off and will no doubt be receiving Jose's wrath but we're top of the group and a point at home against Porto will see us through.

What did Hazard do wrong then? Official twitter feed were pretty positive about him, but then I suppose they rave about everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Glad to see Oscar scoring and assisting anyway. He really needs a few good performances , I'd hate to see him leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What did Hazard do wrong then? Official twitter feed were pretty positive about him, but then I suppose they rave about everyone!

Slack in his defensive duties. Can't shake the feeling that long term Hazard would be happier somewhere where just the fancy Dan stuff is required of him.

His forward play was good but he was guilty of Not tracking back and gave awaya couple of balls.

The whole team barely got out of 1st gear,they expected to win easy and although the scoreline suggest we did, it doesnt show the full picture.

they had the 1st chance and should have been ahead in the opening minute, our 1st goal came from an excellent save while no defenders helped the GK. Begovic also made 2 fine saves at 1-0 while they were down to 10 men but in the end we ran out comfortable winners.

Costa apparently had a huge row with Jose at HT and Jose was irate with Hazard in the 2nd half too.

If we play like we did tonight on sunday, we'll be thumped, simple as.

On another note, the pitch was one of the worse pitches I've seen in the UCL also, it was shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Hazard could be on his way imo, baba looked good going forward, Costa awful ( hope Falcao gets 5 games on the trot to see if he really is finished. At least the movement is there with him).
    Impressed by Oscar, Willian....having a fantastic season. A win against Spurs could send us on our way. A defeat and we re shagged

Jose, if you think Costa's movement wasn't good enough then PLEASE drop him at the weekend

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2592730-jose-mourinho-addresses-diego-costa-argument-after-chelsea-beat-maccabi-tel-aviv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Positives from last night .......... not many a win a clean sheet Matic after a slow start played well, Haz quite good going forward but gave Baba no help at all in defence. Baba has a lot of pace and an excellent cross but his positioning needs to improve and to become stronger still much better than Ivan though.

Main negative as Gav suggests above if we play like that on Sunday we will be hammered, not beaten but hammered.

Well youve hit the nail on the head, not many positives coming from that game, a win and clean sheet, 2 on the spin is however very welcome and hopefully brings some confidence.

The players were going through the motions out there and it showed, they need to seriously show some balls to go and get something from Spurs at home.

Looking back through our games this year, we've not managed to win 3 games in a row at any stage, we've not managed to win 2 EPL games in a row since April. If we want to push up the table that has to change on Sunday simple as, it will also give us a decent chance to build more confidence.

If we go to Spurs with the same attitude and desire as last night it will be another 8 goal thriller and we'll be on the wrong end of it.

Spurs have left Dembele, Rose and Walker in London before our game this weekend.

Spurs have left Dembele, Rose and Walker in London before our game this weekend.

Spurs certainly have the raw end of this deal playing so far away on the Thursday followed by an early Sunday kick off. OK Israel and Azerbaijan are pretty much the same distance travel wise but playing on the Thursday with an early kick off on Sunday is pretty nuts.

If UEFA want the EL to be taken seriously (and it really is an Iberian Cup at the minute) then matches which involve over X miles of travel should be played on a Wednesday with a league match Saturday and Sunday either side. I hope it works in our favour but it is stupid.

Spurs certainly have the raw end of this deal playing so far away on the Thursday followed by an early Sunday kick off. OK Israel and Azerbaijan are pretty much the same distance travel wise but playing on the Thursday with an early kick off on Sunday is pretty nuts.

If UEFA want the EL to be taken seriously (and it really is an Iberian Cup at the minute) then matches which involve over X miles of travel should be played on a Wednesday with a league match Saturday and Sunday either side. I hope it works in our favour but it is stupid.

Its usually only the English sides that dont take it seriously, the local FA's will move games around to suit those teams playing in Thursday if needed.

I'm sure our game, if played on a Monday night would have made more sense but then you've to consider TV schedule and Police input but theres no reason, in my mind why we couldnt have played on Monday night or the late kick off on Sunday at 4pm, maybe Sky didnt want it clashing with "Super Sunday" as this game is on BT and BT usually has the sh**y early Saturday kick offs so early Sunday was the best they could do as this game was never going to be on a Saturday.

Anyway, in this instance at least Chelsea werent at home, imagine us playing Tuesday night in London and Spurs playing in the middle east on a Thursday night. :pac:

Its usually only the English sides that dont take it seriously, the local FA's will move games around to suit those teams playing in Thursday if needed.

I'm sure our game, if played on a Monday night would have made more sense but then you've to consider TV schedule and Police input but theres no reason, in my mind why we couldnt have played on Monday night or the late kick off on Sunday at 4pm, maybe Sky didnt want it clashing with "Super Sunday" as this game is on BT and BT usually has the sh**y early Saturday kick offs so early Sunday was the best they could do as this game was never going to be on a Saturday.

Anyway, in this instance at least Chelsea werent at home, imagine us playing Tuesday night in London and Spurs playing in the middle east on a Thursday night. :pac:

I dont really buy that over the past 6 years only Chelsea have been non Iberian winners (OK 4 of those were Spanish and 1 Portuguese) and of the runners up there was 3 Portuguese and 1 Spanish team. It simply is not taken seriously by most which is a shame. By upping the prize money to €6m for the winners with a CL spot certainly helps but playing all the matches on a Thursday so as the Premier competition gets a free run will mean it is always a poor relation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Only saw the first half last night before I had to go to a game but it looked similar to Norwich tbh, good enough against a poor team to win and nothing more. Still it's the 3 points that were needed so shouldn't complain.

• Advertisement

How can RLC only have 18 months left on his contract, if he has whoever let it run this low should be sacked.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-fear-loftus-cheek-could-leave-reports?

Hope he signs a new one soon, though I would not blame him if he didnt

How can RLC only have 18 months left on his contract, if he has whoever let it run this low should be sacked.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-fear-loftus-cheek-could-leave-reports?

Hope he signs a new one soon, though I would not blame him if he didnt

Well some of that article is a load of bo**ocks.

Mainly these parts.
    And according to the Daily Telegraph, the 19-year-old may be unwilling to
    sign a new deal amid reported interest from the likes of Manchester
    City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The England Under-21 international was handed a start against Aston Villa,
    only to be hauled off at half-time.

Following that game, Mourinho publicly criticised the
    teenager.

RLC, while very talented, is no way in hell going to sign for one of those 4 clubs if he lets his contract run down, pure pie in the sky BS.

He'd not get next nor near any of those starting XI's, if he does want out then hes going to have to take a step down to a middle table side and build himself up.

He also didnt criticise RLC afte the Villa game, it was a very cagey game and one where RLC had played well enough in the #10 role, we scored just before HT and Jose decided to throw in Matic for more balance.

I would however like to see him get much more game time but now that team seems to be turning the corner ever so slightly its hard to see where he'll get game time.

If he doesnt sign a new deal in the summer hes going go next year, only good thing is as hes U23, we'll get some compensation for him if he does leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well some of that article is a load of bo**ocks.

Mainly these parts.

RLC, while very talented, is no way in hell going to sign for one of those 4 clubs if he lets his contract run down, pure pie in the sky BS.

He'd not get next nor near any of those starting XI's, if he does want out then hes going to have to take a step down to a middle table side and build himself up.

He also didnt criticise RLC afte the Villa game, it was a very cagey game and one where RLC had played well enough in the #10 role, we scored just before HT and Jose decided to throw in Matic for more balance.

I would however like to see him get much more game time but now that team seems to be turning the corner ever so slightly its hard to see where he'll get game time.

If he doesnt sign a new deal in the summer hes going go next year, only good thing is as hes U23, we'll get some compensation for him if he does leave.

It's no secret City have been after him for some time. It wouldn't surprise me if United were interested too.

If he leaves it's gonna be to another big club, I'm certain of it.

Jose has managed him poorly this season. Promised him a run and he gave him 45 minutes ffs. Shambolic.

Thing is he was being touted as a first team player for this season, that being the case why was his contract not extended during the summer when everything was rosey? If he has only 18 months left someone took their eye off the ball and they should be brought to task.

Jose did touch on it though, apart from Martial, Delle Alli and Bentaleb, theres not many, if any teenagers playing at the top level for the English sides, go further a field and in europe, theres not manu U21 players getting game time with their clubs either.

The step up is huge and sometimes players cant do it at the very top level and have to go away and come back better, Sturridge and Matic are prime examples of this. I'd have no issue with RLC going on loan if he came back ready for 1st team football.

The worse thing that could happen this year has, RLC might have got minutes if we were steam rolling sides but with Joses job on the line, Jose is going to go with Mikel, Ramires, Cesc or Matic and RLC is 5th choice.

Kenedy has got a decent amount of time, same with Rahman but Traore and RLC have been wasted, Jose should have never said he was going to play the youths as its come back to haunt him, the team kept playing sh*te and he didnt ring the changes, now we're so bad we cant make changes, it has to be the strongest possible side from here on in if we want to push up the table.

If they can sit down with RLC, send him on loan in January and play him more next year it might get him on board with a new deal.

Always said he could turn out to be our Pogba

Didn't think it would be us as United letting him go for nothing and him coming good at another club though :(

• Advertisement

Thing is he was being touted as a first team player for this season, that being the case why was his contract not extended during the summer when everything was rosey? If he has only 18 months left someone took their eye off the ball and they should be brought to task.

As long as his father/mother doesnt start moaning about wasted opportunities we could hold onto him.

If he wants to stay, throw the 5 year deal at him and a bump in money with more promise of game time, if it doesnt materialise he can leave next summer, by then he'll only be 20 anyway so its not like hes pissing away his career.

Didn't think it would be us as United letting him go for nothing and him coming good at another club though :(

It would be somewhat ironic if we bought Pogba and RLC left for nothing to Utd only to turn into Pogba mark II :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It'd be worse then Pogba. He's been at the club since he was 7, he was born 10 minutes from Cobham. We haven't had an opportunity to bring someone like this through since Terry.

Lukker- wrote: »
    It'd be worse then Pogba. He's been at the club since he was 7, he was born 10 minutes from Cobham. We haven't had an opportunity to bring someone like this through since Terry.

Bertrand was probably the only semi decent academy product and he spent so long on loan its hard to claim him really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

It would be somewhat ironic if we bought Pogba and RLC left for nothing to Utd only to turn into Pogba mark II :o

Don't even joke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement