Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Wonder how many more times fabregas will give the ball away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

We're playing alright. The front 4 look a threat at least, much more so than Costa had been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Wonder how many more times fabregas will give the ball away

The worst player on the pitch so far. Every pass is either underhit or behind the player... And they're his better ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Listening to it on the radio.
    Has the ref forgotten his cards?
    Sounds like Spurs are flying in with ugly tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Panthro wrote: »
    Listening to it on the radio.
    Has the ref forgotten his cards?
    Sounds like Spurs are flying in with ugly tackles.

He has booked 4 of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

That was a super save, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That couldn't have been more dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good performance, onwards and upwards

Costa not a happy chappy.

Throwing is bib towards Jose won't go down well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

ronjo wrote: »
    Costa not a happy chappy.

Throwing is bib towards Jose won't go down well though

What was all that about anyway? The fact that he was dropped?
    If so, I'm quite happy to see him behave like that. It shows his desire t play at least.
    Anyway, if its a tactic to keep him keen, I hope it works.

I was happy with the performance today. Away to spurs, in their current form is/was always a difficult fixture.
    A sure sign tat spurs were under pressure were the 4 yellow cards. Hazard is our key man. Cesc was poor and I thought he wasn't in it too much. Poor passing as mentioned earlier.
    Anyone know when Tibo is back? I know he is back training.

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    What was all that about anyway? The fact that he was dropped?
    If so, I'm quite happy to see him behave like that. It shows his desire t play at least.
    Anyway, if its a tactic to keep him keen, I hope it works .

You are happy he threw his bib at the manager in a sulk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

You are happy he threw his bib at the manager in a sulk?
    No, that's not what I said.

I think we should accept that Costa probably just isn't that keen (anymore at least).

If this turns him around then fair enough, but I doubt it. If this is the beginning of the end for him then I can't say I'd be sorry to see the back of him.

Very happy with the performance today too, certainly could have won it. It'll do the confidence a world of good going into a relatively easy spell of league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Hazard made an effort. Whether that translates into the rest of the season, and wanting to stay at CFC is another question.

AFAIC Costa and his negative energy can fock right off. Train him with the reserves and transfer list him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Hazard has been in good form now for a couple of games now, only thing missing is a center forward. As Ive said I watched Costa storm off after the Kiev game whilst the rest of the team assembled in the centre circle to applaud the fans, so he's not the kind of influence we need in the dressing room now in my opinion and if he's upset at being dropped perhaps he should look at his performances and try to figure out why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Having someone who actually made runs up front was a nice change. Hazard lacked the ability to hold the ball up but he put in a pretty selfless performance and was popping up everywhere. I think we need a fast mobile striker but one who can also hold the ball up too. Aubameyang would be ideal but would take a big offer from us. I'd give Remy or Falcao a run until then, give one of them 3 starts in a row and see what they produce, let Costa try and prove himself from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well could have been worse both teams seemed to tire a bit towards the end not too surprising given the travelling both teams undertook this week. I think Costa might have reached the end of the road here he really has been useless this season, I know Cesc and Ivan have been poor all season as well but at least you get the feeling they are trying and in Ivan's case possibly trying too hard. At times Costa does not seem to break a sweat preferring to pick stupid fights with defenders.
    Personally would be tempted to give Solanke a run as he would certainly burst a gut, but then if RLC can't get a game he won't.
    If this transfer ban which is rumoured is true we might need to give RLC what he wants as we will certainly need him. In some ways a transfer ban might help us as we would have to give some young lads a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Team needs more RLC Kenedy and Solake.
    Let's go mental!

Just watched a vine of the vest throwing and I've got to say I'd be more than a little surprised if Jose put up with it. It was such a petulant outburst because he didn't get on the pitch and he didn't deserve too in the first place when he wouldn't even bother to warm up with the rest of the squad either before the game or at half time.
    If Jose manages to turn him around fair enough but I couldn't see fergie putting up with that from any of his players over the years and if Jose wants to control the dressing room he has to kick him to the curb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Gents,

I was out of coverage today, how was the match ? 1 point gained or 2 lost ?

Cheers..

Gents,

I was out of coverage today, how was the match ? 1 point gained or 2 lost ?

Cheers..

Spurs were the better team to be fair but we could have just as easily won it as lost it. Hazard had a wonderful shot which required a great save and whilst begovic had more to do he didn't have to pull off anything exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Torres > Costa

Not sure Spurs were the better team, certainly started brighter but we gave as good as we got really and Hazard had the two best chances of the game.
    Our defence seems to be gelling a bit and with Tbo due back that is welcome, our game though is really built on passing and that was very poor today (Spurs in fairness passed the ball very well).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats 3 clean sheets in a row anyway thats a start.

Courtois is back and probably will feature next weekend or in the Porto game.

It was defo a point gained today. A few half chances each and spurs had more of the ball bit that game could have went on for another 90mins and probably still finished 0-0. 2 tough european away trips didnt help either.

Anyway, pre game without jt ramires and costa id have taken a point all day.

Our next 4 league games are bournemouth leicester su derland and watford theres serious points up for offer if we keep improving, throw in the porto game and weve got 5 games that could make our season.

League cup on during the week so we've a free week off, never a bad thing, give the players more time off and to work on what Jose wants to do.

I think benching Costa could be a make or break decision, I'd fully expect him to start against Bournemouth who dont posses the same threat as Spurs so we wont go as defensive but Hazard as a false 9 done very well IMO, his movement and willingness to move into space was very good. He had 2 half chances, one he should have buried, the header and the other, the volley, brought an excellent save from Lloris, he was never going to win headers or hold up the ball with Vertonghen and Alderweirld but he did try his hardest in competiting with them, Costa could learn a thing or two from that instead of trying to fight his way around the pitch first and score second.

Bearing in mind Costa was finally benched, how long until Cesc gets the same? For slightly different reasons but he's been consistently the worst player on the team over the season imo. Is it purely that we don't have anyone at all that can fill that role yet? As much as I like RLC I don't think he's a pass maker or good enough at retaining possession yet. And I don't think Oscar can drop deep for it either. Definitely the position of most concern for January imo.

hots wrote: »
    Bearing in mind Costa was finally benched, how long until Cesc gets the same? For slightly different reasons but he's been consistently the worst player on the team over the season imo. Is it purely that we don't have anyone at all that can fill that role yet? As much as I like RLC I don't think he's a pass maker or good enough at retaining possession yet. And I don't think Oscar can drop deep for it either. Definitely the position of most concern for January imo.

The best solution IMO is to play Matic, RLC and Oscar and play the 3.

With the XMas schedule coming up and we've got 3 easier fixtures and a tough away trip to Leicester, I'd be playing RLC/Ramires more and rotating.

With the news about RLCs contract running into the last 18months too, giving him game time here and there should sweeten the deal to get him to sign.

Short of signing Pogba, we should be doing our best to keep RLC, hes HG and hes still only 19, no point losing him for feck all and signing a foeigrn replacement for 5 or 10 times what we'd get for RLC from a tribunal.

Theres currently nothing in but I've seen on the lowest rags and Twitter that ourselves, along with arsenal, Atletico and Real along with "other big European clubs" will get transfer bans similar to Barca about signing youth players.

If it did happen we'd fight it and get the ban suspended pending an investigation giving us 1 window to blow our load on signing players so if it is true, expect a big summer splurge, actually, even if it isnt true, expect a huge splurge this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres currently nothing in but I've seen on the lowest rags and Twitter that ourselves, along with arsenal, Atletico and Real along with "other big European clubs" will get transfer bans similar to Barca about signing youth players.

If it did happen we'd fight it and get the ban suspended pending an investigation giving us 1 window to blow our load on signing players so if it is true, expect a big summer splurge, actually, even if it isnt true, expect a huge splurge this summer.

What did we actually do wrong ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What did we actually do wrong ?

If its similar to Barcas 2 window transfer ban, its to do with hoarding young talent at the club AFAIK, not sure when the period in question is related to as the English FA set up a directive that all players signed by academies had to be from within 50miles of the training centre only as recent as a few years back.

Peach of a goal by Swift for the Bees lovely strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

interesting video on how Chelsea went about getting a new sponsor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

got my ticket for saturday , hopefully the mini revival continues

more news on new stadium , planning application submitted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3340144/Chelsea-promise-fans-seats-avoid-troubled-water-new-Stamford-Bridge.html

peteeeed wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3340144/Chelsea-promise-fans-seats-avoid-troubled-water-new-Stamford-Bridge.html

Well thats excellent news now about the planning application being submitted, hopefully it all gets the green light and we've a new stadium towards the turn of the decade. :)

Asso, good luck this weekend, perfromances and results are turning so hopefully that continues.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

I'm no architect but the overall aesthetic of the stadium exterior looks pretty bland and dated in comparison to other modern stadia of this era.

Is there a specific planning reason for this?

Paleface wrote: »
    I'm no architect but the overall aesthetic of the stadium exterior looks pretty bland and dated in comparison to other modern stadia of this era.

I much prefer it to a bland bowl like Wembley or the Emirates or newer designs being honest.

But tis not that simple, the design is incorparting the overall space we have to work with, which wouldnt allow for a bowl and also the residents in the area which means that the stadium has to incorporate a right to light for those peopl ein the area.

Its abit like the Aviva with the glass panels, the residents would have rightfully kicked up a fuss if it was a steel structure that didnt allow light to pass through it, as it stands, the new Stamford Bridge would work around that and all within a site that was deemed about a decade ago, too small for a 55-60k stadium.

The figures are expected to be in and around 500-750m thats a huge ball park figure but its for preparing the rail ways, which will probably be the first work to start, knocing the current stadium, hotel and club shop by the enterance, clearing the site, building and widening exits to the stadium and then building the stadium itself.

Its a huge undertaking and I cant wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Paleface wrote: »

I'm no architect either, and I really like it. Love the way it kind of spills into the area around it.

I'm sure it'll be fantastic when finished. The money is there to make it happen :)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I much prefer it to a bland bowl like Wembley or the Emirates or newer designs being honest.

But tis not that simple, the design is incorparting the overall space we have to work with, which wouldnt allow for a bowl and also the residents in the area which means that the stadium has to incorporate a right to light for those peopl ein the area.

Its abit like the Aviva with the glass panels, the residents would have rightfully kicked up a fuss if it was a steel structure that didnt allow light to pass through it, as it stands, the new Stamford Bridge would work around that and all within a site that was deemed about a decade ago, too small for a 55-60k stadium.

The figures are expected to be in and around 500-750m thats a huge ball park figure but its for preparing the rail ways, which will probably be the first work to start, knocing the current stadium, hotel and club shop by the enterance, clearing the site, building and widening exits to the stadium and then building the stadium itself.

Its a huge undertaking and I cant wait for it.

Will it really sell out Gav?

I remember it was a running joke when I worked in London almost 10 years ago that Chelsea would advertise in the standard every second Friday that there were tickets available still.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

Mini revival ........ MINI REVIVAL

This is a full blown Blitzkrieg up the table I will let you know :p:p:p:p

I remember it was a running joke when I worked in London almost 10 years ago that Chelsea would advertise in the standard every second Friday that there were tickets available still.

It was near impossible for members to get tickets at times last year anyway, for Southampton this season the seats were gone by lunch time on release day and then returns get released as they come in... I think we had the highest attendance/capacity percentage for a long time too.

Chelsea have basically sold out the ground for every premier league game for over 11 years. We averaged around and about 40,000 for the last 15 years or so but for the last 11 we have averaged >41k with a capacity of 41,978. The shortfall from capacity is generally non take up of away fans so I doubt very much almost 10 years ago Chelsea were advertising availability.

So given that we sell out pretty much every league game, London is a big place (has lots of teams as well for sure), London is a tourist mecca and Chelsea are one of the best supported teams in the world tell me why you think we would not sell out. For me its a no brainer and given that Roman is putting up ST£600m hard cash I would say more than a little due diligence has been undertaken.

Chelsea have basically sold out the ground for every premier league game for over 11 years. We averaged around and about 40,000 for the last 15 years or so but for the last 11 we have averaged >41k with a capacity of 41,978. The shortfall from capacity is generally non take up of away fans so I doubt very much almost 10 years ago Chelsea were advertising availability.

So given that we sell out pretty much every league game, London is a big place (has lots of teams as well for sure), London is a tourist mecca and Chelsea are one of the best supported teams in the world tell me why you think we would not sell out. For me its a no brainer and given that Roman is putting up ST£600m hard cash I would say more than a little due diligence has been undertaken.

I am just going on my experience from London but that was in 2006.
    Thats all I have to go on and I asked a question not stated a fact on whether it would sell out.

Hard to tell, I think its basically future proofing the club, there was no point building a 50k stadium and then in a few years time trying to tack on an extra few thousand seats, might as well absolve all the costs now and go as big as possible and also within reason.

I reckon we'll struggle to fill the lower sections of Wembley which will be give or take 50k as fans mightnt fancy the trip, another factor for any EPL side is the day tourist, theres a huge market for day trippers to turn up tp a game if theres tickets available.

There must be a good few thousand from Ireland go over every weekend to EPL sides up and down the country, theres also a huge Asian market that go to these games and thats one advantage of being in London too, it attracts so many tourists that anyone looking for an EPL game is spoilt for choice. I'm not saying we'll magically fill the other 18k seats in the stadium to bring us to 60k but if the ticket prices are competitive and largely reamin untouched for the stadium I'll be delighted.

The increased seating will also allow for more season tickets to be sold and more corporate tickets, thats where the big money is made really.

As someone else mentioned, it was impossible to get tickets last year due to the success and winning plenty of games, its a bit easier this year but still the tickets are selling out within days.

I just hope we're not in the Championship when the stadium opens. :pac:

I am just going on my experience from London but that was in 2006.
    Thats all I have to go on and I asked a question not stated a fact on whether it would sell out.

I don't doubt that at all, I know from time to time in the past oddball measures were taken to promote membership and maybe even the odd game the premier league of 2015 is a much different place than it was than when cuddley Ken was in charge. But running joke is either urban legend, someone pulling your leg or perhaps a mistake.

I don't doubt that at all, I know from time to time in the past oddball measures were taken to promote membership and maybe even the odd game the premier league of 2015 is a much different place than it was than when cuddley Ken was in charge. But running joke is either urban legend, someone pulling your leg or perhaps a mistake.

Sure, it probably did only actually happen the odd time. I genuinely remember a Spurs fan in the office taking great enjoyment showing it around.

Anyway as you say, times have moved on...... I wonder how this will affect the pricing policy.

I think there is a bit of the "Field of Dreams" about this (the movie not the other one :eek:). There is to be a huge increase in the corporate sections and I think this is mainly because the demand from abroad is strong. In reality if you want a ticket long in advance corporate / hospitality is the best way to do it, so your a supporter in a far flung corner of the world and you want to make a trip see London, get a lift in a black taxi, see Queenie what ever. But the main reason you want to visit is to see Chelsea play a real match in the flesh how can you book such a trip in comfort at present as the flight is not cheap and a lot of time is invested. So Field of Dreams it is "If you build it they will come".

It makes perfect sense really I would hazard a guess that not only are Arsenal cleaning up with visitors from abroad when they come they will spend money in the club shop, the tour, the museum. Why are Spurs and Chelsea so keen to join them at the 60,000 table lets face it with bums on seats it takes a long long time to get your money back if you are only pulling in an extra 18k people a game (at lets say ST£100 a ticket 18,000 extra per game is £1.8m with lets sat 22 home games a season then that's at least 15 years to get the dosh back that ain't a good payback) but bang that £100 up to say £350 with corporate things and shop sales now your sucking diesel.

United do this mainly by name ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs will have the whole attraction of London to boost it. There may well be advertising of tickets for matches but I doubt it will be every second Friday in the Standard more likely months in advance on the web site for corporates.

Sure, it probably did only actually happen the odd time. I genuinely remember a Spurs fan in the office taking great enjoyment showing it around.

Anyway as you say, times have moved on...... I wonder how this will affect the pricing policy.

City reguarly sell tickets for their ground for a couple of quid, which has resulted in people calling it the Emptihad. :pac:

If I was guessing and as you guys know from the Emirates, tickets prices very rarely go down, the best you can hope for is that the stay the same.

Chelsea havent increased tickets prices for a good few years now at this stage and it was welcomed, even though Roman is paying for the stadium theres no way he'll make back what he invests in this club, thats a given, he could only make back money if he sold us so I'd hope ticket prices at least stay the same as they are and given theres an extra 18k seats, its likely that the cheaper tickets will be more plentful too.

The ideal scenario is that prices are cut and that would seriously fill the stadium up but the club need to recover costs and make money too so it reamins to be seen how they approach that one.

I'm interested by the Wembley situation, we're aparently offering 30m for Wembley for 3 years, 10m a year meaning we;ve to recvoer the 10m to pay them off through current sales and also keep similar levels of match revnue from Stamford Bridge, an extra 9k seats that Wembley would provide would only do that if they atually sell the excess seats so again, I'm hoping when we move to Wembley we offer some decent prices to fill the allocation.

Never ever ever ever believe a Spurs fan you should know that :pac::pac::pac:

As with Arsenal prices will not drop. People complain about the price of tickets and here Arsenal are legendary but why would they drop the prices if the Emirates sells out week after week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement