Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another thing, if they start offering members season tickets instead of a waiting list, I'd be seriously tempted by one.

I'd go to a few games and sell whatever I wasnt going to make, you'd break even on the icket, maybe up a bit of money if you sold the Category A games but the flights would be a killer.

Still though, I want to own a season ticket at some stage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Never ever ever ever believe a Spurs fan you should know that :pac::pac::pac:

As with Arsenal prices will not drop. People complain about the price of tickets and here Arsenal are legendary but why would they drop the prices if the Emirates sells out week after week.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Another thing, if they start offering members season tickets instead of a waiting list, I'd be seriously tempted by one.

I'd go to a few games and sell whatever I wasnt going to make, you'd break even on the icket, maybe up a bit of money if you sold the Category A games but the flights would be a killer.

Still though, I want to own a season ticket at some stage. :o

One thing is for sure, it will make it a hell of a lot easier for members to get tickets.

I worked in London from Dec 04 - March 06 so almost half the time I was there Arsenal were still in Highbury. I was a red member which was lowest form of member and the only ticket I could get directly from the club while at Highbury was for Wigan in League Cup semi final.

The first season at the Emirates, the only games I couldnt get tickets for were Man Utd and Chelsea. I went to 12 games I think including Spurs twice and Liverpool through my membership as long as I was logged in at the exact time they went on sale. United and Chelsea tickets didnt get as far as Red Members but they were the only two games if I remember correctly.

ronjo wrote: »
    One thing is for sure, it will make it a hell of a lot easier for members to get tickets.

I worked in London from Dec 04 - March 06 so almost half the time I was there Arsenal were still in Highbury. I was a red member which was lowest form of member and the only ticket I could get directly from the club while at Highbury was for Wigan in League Cup semi final.

The first season at the Emirates, the only games I couldnt get tickets for were Man Utd and Chelsea. I went to 12 games I think including Spurs twice and Liverpool through my membership as long as I was logged in at the exact time they went on sale. United and Chelsea tickets didnt get as far as Red Members but they were the only two games if I remember correctly.

The chelsea online ticket system is a disaster, tickets go live at 7am and the earliest I've ever got a ticket was 7.20, longest I've waited was nearly an hour.

Its a right pain in the hole. :o

As you said though, the increased tickets will mean more tickets for members and also more memberships which is good for revenue but for fans in Ireland it may also mean youre not stuck going to the "lesser" games and will make it easier getting to the premium games.

Anyway we'll still be at the Bridge until the end of next year at the earliest it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Chelsea were advertising on the evening standard last year for league cup games (and all previous years) and as recently as the year before last they were advertising at least once a month between November and March for PL games.

Can't even sell out this weekend against Bournemouth - Saturday 5.30 kick off - prime tourist time.

Good luck with filling Wembley let alone the new stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pudders wrote: »
    Chelsea were advertising on the evening standard last year for league cup games (and all previous years) and as recently as the year before last they were advertising at least once a month between November and March for PL games.

Can't even sell out this weekend against Bournemouth - Saturday 5.30 kick off - prime tourist time.

Thanks brah!

Shots fired, shots fired. :D

Also the reason we didnt sell out vs Bournemouth is because they didnt take up there allocation. :pac:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/12/bournemouth-tickets-back-on-sale.html

To be fair it only happens when the small teams with poor travelling fans come to the Bridge.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/09/extra-arsenal-tickets-on-sale-to-members.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Shots fired, shots fired. :D

Ooh Grumpy will be very grumpy when he reads this.
    I was being so diplomatic too :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Also the reason we didnt sell out vs Bournemouth is because they didnt take up there allocation. :pac:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/12/bournemouth-tickets-back-on-sale.html

To be fair it only happens when the small teams with poor travelling fans come to the Bridge.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/09/extra-arsenal-tickets-on-sale-to-members.html

Gav you should know never let the truth get in the way of a good story (would help if people actually read posts as well mind I think I did mention we only dont sell out league games if away allocation not taken up).

But as we know haters gotta hate

• Advertisement

Not at all, too long in the tooth to fall for that :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I made a mistake of looking at some tabloids today ... Muller ???

Nah ... not until the BBC say so ..

Of course they were, of course they were.

Of course even the best supported team in England struggle to sell out Capital One Cup ties.

lies, damn lies and statistics as they say

Very poor effort though perhaps 1/10

I made a mistake of looking at some tabloids today ... Muller ???

Nah ... not until the BBC say so ..

That was just Lothar Matthäus talking ... gibberish really

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/12/1/9826066/thomas-muller-chelsea-transfer-rumor

Its all banter. :)

Muller is a fantasy signing, one that I wouldnt even entertain.

He'll probably do a Schweinsteiger and leave Bayern in the twilight of his career.

• Advertisement

Gav you should know never let the truth get in the way of a good story (would help if people actually read posts as well mind I think I did mention we only dont sell out league games if away allocation not taken up).

But as we know haters gotta hate

Liverpool didnt sell their allocation either, I remember seeing tickets for that pop up.

But it doesnt suit the narrative. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Muller's not leaving. I think United already offered 70m, president said he wouldn't leave for any money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Didn't realize we are up to 14th :)

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

Dizzy heights. :)

We might stay up this year.

Lukker- wrote: »

Very soon we will be top of the second page on Sky Sports yay :D

Very soon we will be top of the second page on Sky Sports yay :D

Well with our next 4 games hopefully we'll win 10-12 pts.

That'll bring us up to an away game at Old Trafford but not expeting anything there being honest.

Well with our next 4 games hopefully we'll win 10-12 pts.

That'll bring us up to an away game at Old Trafford but not expeting anything there being honest.

I am expecting an extremely tedious 0-0 draw at United

I am expecting an extremely tedious 0-0 draw at United

We've the 10th best home and 15th best away record in the league, both would have to seriously improve if we want to finish high up the league and the long and short of it is we have to win games.

There'll be a point in the season where we'll just have to say f**k it and go for wins at all costs but part of me suspects Jose wont pull the trigger.

We've the 10th best home and 15th best away record in the league, both would have to seriously improve if we want to finish high up the league and the long and short of it is we have to win games.

There'll be a point in the season where we'll just have to say f**k it and go for wins at all costs but part of me suspects Jose wont pull the trigger.

Pretty much all of me suggests Jose wont pull the trigger to be honest :mad:

In a way I really do think a transfer ban for a season or two might be good for us, I really would love to see some young lads given a chance.

Pretty much all of me suggests Jose wont pull the trigger to be honest :mad:

In a way I really do think a transfer ban for a season or two might be good for us, I really would love to see some young lads given a chance.

If we get a transfer ban we'll appeal it, it will be suspended pending an investigation and we'll end up spending about 200m in whatever window we can before the ban kicks in....well thats what I'd hope for anyway.

Stadium plan is up on the Hammersmith & Fulham councils page.

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Environment_and_Planning/Regeneration/Regeneration_projects/198181_Stamford_Bridge_Grounds_planning_application.asp
    This includes the formation of decking platforms over part of the District Line and part of the Southern mainline railway. New pedestrian access arrangements on match days would be provided from Fulham Broadway Station and Fulham Road.

So the District line will be fully decked over and will allow direct access from the tube station to the stadium which will make walking down the Fulham road easier really if youre not getting the tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Stadium plan is up on the Hammersmith & Fulham councils page.

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Environment_and_Planning/Regeneration/Regeneration_projects/198181_Stamford_Bridge_Grounds_planning_application.asp

So the District line will be fully decked over and will allow direct access from the tube station to the stadium which will make walking down the Fulham road easier really if youre not getting the tube.

Some CGI images here.
    http://www.dezeen.com/2015/12/02/herzog-de-meuron-submits-plans-chelsea-football-stadium-redesign-london/
    The architects, Herzog & de Meuron are the same as the ones that designed the Birds Nest in Beijing.

Some CGI images here.
    http://www.dezeen.com/2015/12/02/herzog-de-meuron-submits-plans-chelsea-football-stadium-redesign-london/
    The architects, Herzog & de Meuron are the same as the ones that designed the Birds Nest in Beijing.

And Bayerns stadium too.

The Chelsea design has divided a few people but I like it, the brick work is a throw back to the heritage of the area and will hopefully appease locals that mightnt want a huge steel and concrete structure in their eyeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Some CGI images here.

Big fan, the more pictures get released the better it looks imo. Very lucky to get to stay put, with a decent (not great) capacity and to get a unique stadium that hopefully retains some character about it too...

Must admit I really like the design, it most certainly is not same oh same oh. Building a new stadium in the heart of London is a huge task and I really believe this will blend in very well with the buildings around and about at the moment.

For a club with no history is is nice that we will only ever had one permanent home in (what will be when we move back in) 116 years and that the statue of Ozzie and the Gattling Gun weathervane will be part of the new ground. I say bugger the begrudgers and kudos Roman that is some work for a chap who will get bored and walk away after a few years according to the haters.

Must admit I really like the design, it most certainly is not same oh same oh. Building a new stadium in the heart of London is a huge task and I really believe this will blend in very well with the buildings around and about at the moment.

For a club with no history is is nice that we will only ever had one permanent home in (what will be when we move back in) 116 years and that the statue of Ozzie and the Gattling Gun weathervane will be part of the new ground. I say bugger the begrudgers and kudos Roman that is some work for a chap who will get bored and walk away after a few years according to the haters.

Ya not many clubs have been at their current homes throughout their history, but sure were only about 13 years old at this stage I assumed?

I like the stadium anyway, its different and not in a bad way, the board and architects have taken into account the local area and have designed this stadium to suit the area and to hopefully get approval without any issues.

Covering the train tracks is paramount and as long as London transport are on board and i assume behind the scenes and all the talks we're not privy too , they are, chelsea will be paying to cover the district line into fulham broadway and upgrading the current platform situation it looks like.

As long as the trains arent disrupted, they wont care one jot. The foot fall while being increased by nearly 20k people will also be cleared much easier with the wider exits and direct access to the tube. The 3 or so years since they said it eas possible on the site have clearly been worked on as it seems like every angle is covered here, stadium is the same height, more exits, easier access.

I cant wait for it, even been at Wembley for a few years will be good for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Yeah the more images I see the more I like it. Doesn't look like a stadium from the other streets.

Is there any good articles on how Abramovich ended up with buying Chelsea as opposed to other teams at the time? Was there history before the acquisition?

symbolic wrote: »
    Yeah the more images I see the more I like it. Doesn't look like a stadium from the other streets.

Is there any good articles on how Abramovich ended up with buying Chelsea as opposed to other teams at the time? Was there history before the acquisition?

I've not read a good article on Roman and his acquisition now you've come to mention it. Must search through WAGNH they have pretty much anything Chelsea. Lots of urban legend of course, saw it from a helicopter on his way to buy Spurs whatever.

More likely Cuddley Ken had feelers out everywhere trying to sell as we were getting very close to doing a Leeds apparently, would not be in the least surprised if Bruce Buck had an input.

Roman wanted an English club too apparently take over after falling in love with the game while watching the UCL.

There as talks of Fulham, Spurs and even QPR being taken over at various stages as Roman seemed to want a London club, London is full of Russians and wealthy Eastern Europeans so it was a natural choice.

Arsenal were never going to be sold, ditto for Spurs so of the clubs left in the capital that were available at the time and in a good place were ourselves, thats my take on it anyway.

I think Chelsea getting Champions League that year and he probably would have seen us in it a few years previous too was part of it too.

I reckon everyone, Chelsea fans too were weary of Roman back in the day, sure we had plenty tell us he'd get bored of his pet project and f**k off after a few years, now we're potentially half a decade away from having a brand new stadium built with all the old stand names being kept and apparently current season ticket holders getting to keep their seats in the new stadium.

The MH or Shed wont be as intimate in the new stadium but at least we'll have a new home that will serve us well into the future.

Roman should name one of the suites the Roman room. :pac:

I wonder is their any plans in place for a safe standing style section like the Allianz arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder is their any plans in place for a safe standing style section like the Allianz arena?

Are you allowed standing sections in england at all anymore ?

Roman wanted an English club too apparently take over after falling in love with the game while watching the UCL.

There as talks of Fulham, Spurs and even QPR being taken over at various stages as Roman seemed to want a London club, London is full of Russians and wealthy Eastern Europeans so it was a natural choice.

Arsenal were never going to be sold, ditto for Spurs so of the clubs left in the capital that were available at the time and in a good place were ourselves, thats my take on it anyway.

And he still goes to all the games yes? It's gas that he got so into it.

Yeah London makes sense.

Arsenal and Spurs not selling as profits where fine, therefore shareholders not wanting to sell their stakes?

Not since 1990 but there has been a small push recently to allow it.

Chelsea were on the market at the time, all the other London clubs weren't actively seeking buyers.

It was trialed at somewhere like Bristol or something for about 250 fans.

Theyve got a rail/seat combo for the safe standing, basically you get a ticket for your seat in the ground as usual but when you get to your seat its locked up in place to allow you to stand where you'd usually sit.

It stops clubs selling excessive amounts of tickets for a certain area of the ground and potentially causing a huge crush and in IMO, is the right way to go about safe standing.

The seat/rail system is used in Germany, the seats are just popped down and locked into place again if needed.

Yeah London makes sense.

Arsenal and Spurs not selling as profits where fine, therefore shareholders not wanting to sell their stakes?

Not every game but hes there for a good % of them, the camera usually pans to his seat whether hes there or not, to make the point of him being absent or being in attendance.

Thats probably why he choose Chelsea as we were actively looking for a seller and a deal was going to be much easier to push through than offering mad money to majority shareholders at Spurs and especially Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

He does indeed and he's more into the games than 90% of the others in the posh seats I'd say :D He's like a kid at his first game half the time...

1272535664_roman-abramovich-is-happy.gif

hots wrote: »
    He does indeed and he's more into the games than 90% of the others in the posh seats I'd say :D He's like a kid at his first game half the time...

1272535664_roman-abramovich-is-happy.gif

His son is mad into the club too so assuming he does keep Chelsea in his portfolio and the son wants it, hes got a nice little inhertince for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Or naming rights too

duploelabs wrote: »
    Or naming rights too

I wouldnt be surprised being honest, not that it would make a blind bit of different as I'd still say I was going to the Bridge.

Like Aviva/Lansdowne. :o

hots wrote: »
    He does indeed and he's more into the games than 90% of the others

Yeah I don't watch all Chelsea's games but the ones I put on he seems to be always there.

It's a nice ol life owning a football team :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement