Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cahill gets a new 4yr contract.

Deal keeps him with us until 2019 according to the club so its basically an extension as I think he had 18months left on his current deal.

I hope this is used to keeo his value high and hes flogged in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I highly doubt it. It'd be insane to sell him unless we are getting 2 CB's in and planning to bring back some loan people. It's Terry's last year, Brana could be gone too. As Drogba has said we've lacked leaders this year and we'd be selling another one if we did.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I highly doubt it. It'd be insane to sell him unless we are getting 2 CB's in and planning to bring back some loan people. It's Terry's last year, Brana could be gone too. As Drogba has said we've lacked leaders this year and we'd be selling another one if we did.

Stones in Cahill out to Everton.

Bring back Kalas, sorted. ;)

We're still light on homegrown players if that was the case.

Even if we got Stones I wouldn't move him on. Kalas hasn't shown enough yet, I'd bring back Christensen before him tbh. I also think he'd do better with another year on loan where he is getting plenty of game time.

Interesting gif of how the new stadium will affect surrounding area::

oIogKAU.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

We're still light on homegrown players if that was the case.

Even if we got Stones I wouldn't move him on. Kalas hasn't shown enough yet, I'd bring back Christensen before him tbh. I also think he'd do better with another year on loan where he is getting plenty of game time.

I would happily have Christensen in the squad next year, he looks great for such a young age in the CL and highlights I've seen. I can't imagine Cahill would go but Terry on the other hand... one more year?

There's a nice bit of open space created to the right of where the hotel is now. Really excited about it :)

Someone mentioned that Christensen is on a 2 year loan so its highly unlikely that he'll be brought back.

Actually just checked, Christensen loan is a 1 year loan with an option to extend it for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really hope Jimmy Floyd doesn't go to QPR.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Actually just checked, Christensen loan is a 1 year loan with an option to extend it for another year.

I'd say they will definitely extend it, he's been a key player for them this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

oIogKAU.gif

What's the estimated cost of the refurb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

What's the estimated cost of the refurb?

Talk of Roman just throwing half a billion at it. Noice if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

symbolic wrote: »
    Talk of Roman just throwing half a billion at it. Noice if you can get it.

That's really taking fantasy football to a whole new level isn't it.

If the stadium costs less than 700-750m I'd be surprised.

I suppose he could sell off a yacht and be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Stones in Cahill out to Everton.

Bring back Kalas, sorted. ;)

Ouch!

*Business is business* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

That's really taking fantasy football to a whole new level isn't it.

Yeah it's unbelievable alright and pretty cool ( once you don't dwell too long on why he has so much money etc :) )

Legimate business man is our Roman. Everything above board. Theres no such thing as a sneaky Russian.

• Advertisement

Some great lolz this morning, Valencia owner wants Mourinho to tkae over from Neville this summer. :pac:

Some great lolz this morning, Valencia owner wants Mourinho to tkae over from Neville this summer. :pac:

Yea good that, nice for Valencia to have aspirations though.

You would have thought if Jose does not get the sack now he is pretty much bullet proof for a while. Perhaps he will try and build a Fergie like empire, God knows with the investment going into City we will need it just to hang onto them. Took in an article somewhere recently extolling the work carried out by the City commercial department, you have to say it is first class.

For those of you interested in alleged leaks of next seasons kit here they are apparently

http://www.squawka.com/news/photos-full-set-of-chelseas-rumoured-201617-kit/536597?

Like the blue and teh white one not sure about the last one though. Why does there have to be a black one always these days I think from a traditional point of view we should always have a yellow one.

Found pictures I can copy (I think)

CVJi_AxUsAAvL0g.jpg

CVJi_8gU4AAeO_s.jpg

CVJi-DZU4AQ6Ogj.jpg

Whats annoying to read this morning is that Musonda could be leaving the club, apparently hes pushing for a move after refusing to join Vitesse.

Whats pretty worrying about it is though that his agent is none other than the Aidy Ward, the guy who pushed and pushed Sterling towards an exit from Liverpool and spoke bo**ocks ni the press for a few weeks.

Not a wise choice young Musonda, who was repressnted by the even more shadey Jorges Mendes before Ward.

The full application for the stadium is over 200 documents and a whopping 3,100 pages.

:pac:

Whats annoying to read this morning is that Musonda could be leaving the club, apparently hes pushing for a move after refusing to join Vitesse.

Whats pretty worrying about it is though that his agent is none other than the Aidy Ward, the guy who pushed and pushed Sterling towards an exit from Liverpool and spoke bo**ocks ni the press for a few weeks.

Not a wise choice young Musonda, who was repressnted by the even more shadey Jorges Mendes before Ward.

The only real upside to Musonda though is he extended his contract in teh summer for a further 4 years so we hold the cards, unlike RLC still annoyed we dropped the ball on that one.

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of those kits being honest, the 3rd jersey is absolute muck. :o

Edit, our yellow kit from last year was lovely.

The only real upside to Musonda though is he extended his contract in teh summer for a further 4 years so we hold the cards, unlike RLC still annoyed we dropped the ball on that one.

Promise him and give him more game time or sign him to a new deal and promise that he'll be sold if he doesnt push on in the next 12 months.

I'd be of the opinion that we should be keeping him onside and playing him more though so what do I know.

Had a quick browse of some of the details of the stadium plan.

Season tickets/members tickets available up from 33,626 to 47,000 - change of 13,374
    Hospatility tickets ( a real money maker) up from 4,600 to 9,200
    Disabled and carer tickets up from 154 to 520
    Media and players up from 120 to 280
    Away supporters does not change, it will remain at a maximum of 3,000, except for domestic cups :pac:

A few cosmetic changes is though that the dugouts will swap sides and be located on the west stand, away supporters will now be arranged in the south west stand instead of the current south east.

Tabloid drivel no doubt but the Star "reporting" Barca might have to sell Suarez as they are skint. Whilst I expect that is total garbage if it is true whatever it takes buy him he has some baggage but he is an exceptional player.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/479089/Luis-Suarez-Barcelona-transfer-news

Tabloid drivel no doubt but the Star "reporting" Barca might have to sell Suarez as they are skint. Whilst I expect that is total garbage if it is true whatever it takes buy him he has some baggage but he is an exceptional player.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/479089/Luis-Suarez-Barcelona-transfer-news

They got him for a bargain in relative terms so if they were forced to sell him theyed be asking for record breaking money for him.

Suarez and Costa upfront be some craic going into match threads with that double act. :pac:

• Advertisement

They got him for a bargain in relative terms so if they were forced to sell him theyed be asking for record breaking money for him.

Suarez and Costa upfront be some craic going into match threads with that double act. :pac:

Good God yea they would, I never bother with match threads any more I see no point but with those two the entertainment value would be huge.

Good God yea they would, I never bother with match threads any more I see no point but with those two the entertainment value would be huge.

They nearly ended up together at Pool for the nearly season, thankfully he was kept by Atletico to join us the following season.

CVJi_AxUsAAvL0g.jpg

[/IMG]

That looks lovely. Really like the white stripes going all the way down the side too...

Surely too early for these to have any chance of being legit though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Those new kits are awfull .... especially the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Looks like we'll never Tyre of our sponsor ;)

That new sponsor is our jinx this year ... doesn;t look right, a Tyre company sponsoring a top team, bring back Samsung...

That new sponsor is our jinx this year ... doesn;t look right, a Tyre company sponsoring a top team, bring back Samsung...

And there was me thinking being sponsored by a tyre company the good times would just keep on rolling and not just a Goodyear ah well.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And there was me thinking being sponsored by a tyre company the good times would just keep on rolling and not just a Goodyear ah well.................

Yeah, I thought we turned a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Few of the Brazilians had an early xmas party.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3343984/Chelsea-trio-Diego-Costa-Ramires-Kenedy-spotted-leaving-London-nightclub-3-15am-boxing-star-James-DeGale.html

Wouldn't normally post such raggish articles but I think it's poor timing on Costa's part.

• Advertisement

I think he wants out at this stage, good - rather him go then uncle Mou..

I seen that Ramires/Kenedy/Costa story earlier, didnt bother posting it as its mainly focusing on Costa :pac:

While its usually ill advised to be out clubbing during the week, they dont look like thyre on the booze, compared to the boxer, who looks pretty well on. :o

I cant see it being honest, it would be a very, very expensive singing.

Expensive ??

why , he's a donkey .... for every wonder goal he gets he misses about 100 sitters, he would be a disaster.

So actually, yeah I hope he's 500 million ...

Expensive ??

why , he's a donkey .... for every wonder goal he gets he misses about 100 sitters, he would be a disaster.

So actually, yeah I hope he's 500 million ...

At his peak, theres not many CFs if any, I'd have taken over Zlatan.

He would have been an exceptional talent in the EPL if he moved here about 5 years ago, I just dont think he'd cut it if he did come.

I cant see it being honest, it would be a very, very expensive singing.

Free transfer big wages

peteeeed wrote: »
    Free transfer big wages

Hes already on something like 275k a week at PSG, cant get much bigger than that. :pac:

Hes already on something like 275k a week at PSG, cant get much bigger than that. :pac:

messi to city 800,000 a week :)

The boys apparently had Mou's blessing to go out.

Those jersey's aren't leaks and don't come from the club, they are just mock ups by some guy on instagram that were based on those templates that came out last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

The boys apparently had Mou's blessing to go out.

Those jersey's aren't leaks and don't come from the club, they are just mock ups by some guy on instagram that were based on those templates that came out last week.

That's good because they were all pretty shîte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement