Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So whats the thoughts on the team for tomorrow.

Costa yes/no after bibgate?
    Baba & Dave or keep Ivan?
    Will JT be fit or if any doubt keep him for Porto game?
    Is Tbo ready to if so play him or again be super safe and hold him back for the Porto game as well?

So Assuming JT, Tbo and Ram still injured I would go

Begovic
    Dave, Cahill, Zouma, Baba II
    Matic, RLC,
    Hazard, Willian, Pedro,
    Remy

But I would expect
    Begovic,
    Ivan, Cahill, Zouma, Dave,
    Matic, Cesc,
    Hazard, Willian, Pedro,
    Costa

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's good because they were all pretty shîte.

Thought the white one OK black one a car crash though.

Bring back ole yeller I say always liked this one

42bdd1d2ceba7bdaa9821db78d534ec4.jpg

And when we cannot wear white socks away from home we should go back to this, (I really hate the blue socks, yea idiotic I know I just really dislike them)

squad-1971.jpg

Always liked the yellow trim on kits when we could not wear white.

There my rant for the day and its only 10:00 excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So whats the thoughts on the team for tomorrow.

Costa yes/no after bibgate?
    Baba & Dave or keep Ivan?
    Will JT be fit or if any doubt keep him for Porto game?
    Is Tbo ready to if so play him or again be super safe and hold him back for the Porto game as well?

I reckon the team will be as follows

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma Cahill Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Subs:
    Begovic
    Baba, JT
    RLC, Kenedy, Pedro
    Remy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Im hoping to see

Courtios
    Dave Cahill Zouma Baba
    RLCheek Matic
    Pedro Willian Hazard
    Costa

Would also like Kenedy to come on and Fab to finally find some form.

We need to bed in Dave and Baba, Ivan will be gone end of season.

As for JT i think he will get another year with us but look to bring in Stones, keep Cahill and maybe loan Kalas/Christiansen again or keep Christiansen in the squad next year.

Not sure but i think Kalas can play full back too so he may be kept around if Ivan moves on.

As for the home kits i much prefere the white trim but prefere our yellow 3rd kit instead of black..........its part our 13 year history isnt it.

I really hope Mou sticks around, i read some were yesterday Mourinho wants a clear out of the squad in the summer, should be interesting. Maybe cash in on some of our under acheving youth/loan players and dead weight in the current squad.
    We defo need upgrades in certain areas.

Id get rid of Costa too!

Who do you replace Costa with though?

In reality, Falcao is gone and Remy will probably go too, so selling Remy and Costa leaves us needing probably 2 CFs, thats if we keep Bamford or Solanke or Brown for 3rd choice and bring in 2 senior CF's.

The problem then is finding 2 senior CFs capable enough, someone mentioned Ibra but thats a short term solution and I cant see the club signing a guy whos what 33 or 34 for longer than a year and he certainly wouldnt want a one year deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Who do you replace Costa with though?

In reality, Falcao is gone and Remy will probably go too, so selling Remy and Costa leaves us needing probably 2 CFs, thats if we keep Bamford or Solanke or Brown for 3rd choice and bring in 2 senior CF's.

The problem then is finding 2 senior CFs capable enough, someone mentioned Ibra but thats a short term solution and I cant see the club signing a guy whos what 33 or 34 for longer than a year and he certainly wouldnt want a one year deal.

Your dead right Gav, its a tough job getting a top notch striker these days but iv had enough of Costa. When he is scoring goals its grand i can tolerate him better but he is a muppet.

Falcao has been rubish but id actually be happy enough seen him start instead of Costa and hope he finds his old form. Aggghhh Torres flash back!!

As for Remy iv never been a massive fan of him but again i wouldn mind him starting over Costa, seems like a nice guy and works to find space.

We really do need to give Bamford a role in the squad, Solanke can go on loan next year again and have a role in the squad the following season. Tammy can then push to break into the squad(really rate this kid).

As for Ibra no fookin way, another Torres Falcao Sheva has been striker no thanks!

We could get a decent amount of money for Costa and Remy to take a gamble on some onne like Lacezette or maybe Corea...think his name is off Ath Madrid. Other than that we could try go all out for a proven striker, Kane maybe Suarez? Higuain Icardi???

What we have is not good enough so why not cash in and try again?

For me a lot depends on how Costa reacts for the rest of the season, I can certainly understand why you would want him out and fully agree. Replacing a player who is not giving his all is easy enough as almost anyone is better. Costa has to get back to playing centre forward, watching the game trying to anticipate annoying defenders (in a positive way for Chelsea not the BS we have seen this season) if he does that then he is a great asset if he does not we are far better off without.

I would certainly keep Remy at the moment he is our best performing CF at least you get the impression he is trying. Falcao is just not up to the PL awful shame beast of a player before the injury I know he is getting very well paid but it must be so hard to take from the top of the world to a player pushed from pillar to post.

Is Bamford good enough God knows he needs game time so he really has to leave Palace but where does he go next? Solanke doing OK in Holland but is that a real league???

We have serious problems at CF, buying Costa should have given us some wriggle room there but it has not lets hope he gets his ass in gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'll Forgive him a slump, after all drogba wasn't always held in as high a regard as he now is but the attitude absolutely stinks to be fair.
    Aside from looking disinterested only looking to cause fights he's now pubically fighting with the manager and throwing his bib at him which in my opinion undermines Jose's credibility on the touch line. He also doesn't seem to be showing one ounce of team spirit either before or after games.

If he starts scoring reguarly again I'd be happy.

As for replacements, there isnt many around but I'd go with Aubameyang, fast as f**k, and a decent eye for goal, dont reckon Dortmund will sell him for anything short of €40m though. :o

Calleri of Boca Juniors has been mentioned recently but I think its just gossip pages being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

As for replacements, there isnt many around but I'd go with Aubameyang, fast as f**k, and a decent eye for goal, dont reckon Dortmund will sell him for anything short of €40m though. :

Alvaro Morata, my fantasy signing

• Advertisement

As for replacements, there isnt many around but I'd go with Aubameyang, fast as f**k, and a decent eye for goal, dont reckon Dortmund will sell him for anything short of €40m though. :

Alvaro Morata, my fantasy signing

Speaking of Juventus players, I reckon we'll probably get stuck with Mario Mandzukic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Hello all, it's been a while(since August maybe?).

Hopefully this stinker of a run is finally being left behind.
    Costa, the less said the better. I can't see why Remy hasn't been given a fair run yet, he's one of the more clinical strikers in the league.

Think the club should start working on summer signings now.
    Big money needs to be spent. That doesn't equate to success as we all know but the right signings would bring massive improvments.
    Dipping into fantasy land here but if they could get Stones, a CM(Pogba/Witsel) and a new striker(pacey, will contribute more than just finishing) then I think they'd be laughing after they get rid of one/two under-performing players.

Jose was very flattering about Courtois in his press conference.

Said he was the best in the world and we're back to a situation where again we have the best (courtois) and a very good option (begovic).

Said missing Courtois for 19 matches was huge and I agree with him being honest. :o

Save us Tbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It'll be massive having him organizing the defence again. I think Asmir grew into the role more as games went on but still doesn't command the same authority Tbo does. Delighted we signed such able cover though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I don't think Courtois would have made a blind bit of difference, Chelsea looked just as fragile with him in goal as I recall. Just my opinion of course.

I don't think Courtois would have made a blind bit of difference, Chelsea's looked just as fragile with him in goal as I recall. Just my opinion of course.

Possible placebo effect too. :o

I think he will improve the team a little bit, had he been on goal during the really bad slump its hard to say if he had done better as Begovic was pretty good when we were sh*te.

Begovic made only 2 mistakes I can think of but in the same game but he was pretty faultless otherwise.

There were games in our slump that we deserved to win, maybe with Tbo in goal we might have got something.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    There were games in our slump that we deserved to win, maybe with Tbo in goal we might have got something.

Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle in the league alone off the top of my head, they're games we should have got more points out of.

Jose also said that all the players were out the other night for their Xmas party and blamed the pap's for only snapping the Brazilians and leaking those pictures.

I don't think Courtois would have made a blind bit of difference, Chelsea's looked just as fragile with him in goal as I recall. Just my opinion of course.

He only played 3 games so it's hard to tell. The defense was terrible against City and most of the goals came at the cost of playing a high line and getting caught behind. Draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom. I definitely think a couple of losses become draws and a few draws become wins with him. Can't recall which games but Begovic never comes for crosses and we've been at our most vulnerable when teams cross this season.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He only played 3 games so it's hard to tell. The defense was terrible against City and most of the goals came at the cost of playing a high line and getting caught behind. Draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom. I definitely think a couple of losses become draws and a few draws become wins with him. Can't recall which games but Begovic never comes for crosses and we've been at our most vulnerable when teams cross this season.

Thats one thing that Courtois is nearly peerless at, coming for crosses.

Hes the best GK we've had at doing it as he really uses his size and stature, hes not afraid to come and claim balls and that puts the defence at ease that they dont have to worry about anything floated or hung up in the box.

Under 21s battering Celtic

I'm 90% sure the lineup is going to be:

Tbo

Ivan-Cahill-Zouma-Azpi

Matic-Cesc

Willian-Hazard-Pedro

Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I'm 90% sure the lineup is going to be:

Tbo

Ivan-Cahill-Zouma-Azpi

Matic-Cesc

Willian-Hazard-Pedro

Costa

Is tbo back tomorrow?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Is tbo back tomorrow?

Jose said he'll start in either the Porto game or the Bournemouth.

I'd imagine he'll play the Bournemouth as a warm-up to the Porto game to get some match practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

squad-1971.jpg

Always liked the yellow trim on kits when we could not wear white.
    Love the yellow. The lines on the pants though look like they were cardboard strips glued on.

Are we confident of 3 points today ? The team is starting to play well so hopefully we put in a good performance and come out with 3 points.

I'd be hoping for a 2-0 win

A win, any win will do. Clean sheet a bonus.

• Advertisement

Porto is the biggest game in weeks but im very confident we'll do the business today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

City 2-0 down already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A win, any win will do. Clean sheet a bonus.

Not today. We already had the any win will do against Norwich, today's the day to finally put in a big performance

Not today. We already had the any win will do against Norwich, today's the day to finally put in a big performance

Would be great to score 3 or 4 but if we win 1-0. It's still points on the board

I'd be over the moon with a 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Team v Bournemouth: Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Zouma, Cahill, Baba; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Hazard.

Today's subs: Begovic, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Traore, Remy, Diego Costa. #CFC

Nice to see Courtois back in the squad, even though Begovic didnt do much wrong

• Advertisement

redman85 wrote: »
    Nice to see Courtois back in the squad, even though Begovic didnt do much wrong

No idea what Azpilicueta has done wrong.

No idea what Azpilicueta has done wrong.

Resting him for Porto perhaps

Be interesting to see how Costa reacts today about being on the bench

I see Costa still hasn't made the starting team.

Hm whatever about Costa not playing, I still would have started a striker.

Not a bad day for us so far, we need to cement it with a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fcuk him. He's done nout lately. He's more interested in causing a row than he is scoring a few goals.
    That bib incident made him look very immature.

Hm whatever about Costa not playing, I still would have started a striker.

Would have loved to see Remy in the starting line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

redman85 wrote: »
    Would have loved to see Remy in the starting line up

Either him, Traore or Kenedy. Let Hazard roam in his natural position, Pedro had been fairly crap minus his debut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Have a feeling we will stuff Bournemouth today. Backed us -1. :o

I think Pedro has been good when he's started from the left. He works tirelessly defensively and he also looks our only goal threat from attacking midfield. I know he hasn't scored in a while but he still shows a finishers instinct in the box. I actually think this is a really positive line up, I'm looking forward to the game.

We are woeful.

Should be losing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Time for Papa Djilibodji? :o

Azpi coming on and Ivanovic going center.

Neither of the above....

We've improved a bit, still look wide open though.

Oscar has been poor. He seems to have lost all the finesse he had when he first joined. Looks panicked every time he's on the ball.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement