Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I can't see why cesc is still starting every game. It's seriously bugging me watching him play **** week in week out. Especially when rlc would probably do a better job than him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Every f*cking corner goes straight into keepers hands, it baffles me why we don't put someone on Boruc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I can see Costa getting sent off, absolutely dire game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The three most feared words in the English language for any Chelsea fan: and Ivanovich crosses...

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The three most feared words in the English language for any Chelsea fan: and Ivanovich crosses...

That one wasn't too bad.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That one wasn't too bad.

Took the entire forward line by surprise.

I'm done with this excuse of a team ...

Nadgers.

Off side?

• Advertisement

Thats what happens when you put a player on the keeper.

Any win will do alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Chasing a draw at home that we're not going to get. dog sh!t

Fabregas an absolute passenger again.

Having the xmas part midweek looks to be an inspired decision.

What the fûck was that?

• Advertisement

WTF was Cahill doing?

Costa is some load of ****e in fairness. Oscar was playing well should have left Costa on the bench

Traore has no business playing for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Looking forward to hearing what Jose has to say

We were never going to score from open play today and as for the set plays!

• Advertisement

What does Jose have against RLC? Fabregas was Bournemouths best player. It's because one cost 30m pounds and the other is an academy product. If RLC was playing for another club he'd be the type of player Jose would want to sign. It's what pisses me off most about his management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Christ that was a depressing watch. They could have carried on till next week and Chelsea still wouldn't create a chance, never mind score a goal.

Roman has surprised me with his patience so far, dunno how long that's going to last now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That's a real two steps backwards game after the recent improvements.

Slowly beginning to look like Jose can't turn this around.

░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
    ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
    ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
    ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
    ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
    ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
    ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
    ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
    ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
    ░░░▀▀░░CHELSEA░░░░░░░░░

I think Mourinho might have coached all this teams attacking ability out of them. It seems to be a theme with is management, he'd prob do well if he could sign another 200-300m worth of players again in the summer but in 2 years time we'd be in the exact same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

£150m really needs to be spent

Need pace and players who you know will do a job.

Chicarito would work so well, works hard, has pace, great finisher...
    Witsel is calm, can pick passes but most importantly he can get around the pitch and tackle. I'd gut Fabregas myself if I had the chance.
    Ivanovic...what a girl
    Cahill...baffled to hear he signed a new contract mid-week. Goodluck to him being English or of the remaining group that had success, he's been terrible his entire Chelsea career bar the Champions league run.

Play Oscar in center mid, and let his shackles off. He's Brazil's best player by some distance(after Neymar).

First game I was confident about in ages, and it was the most hopeless display ever.

Apologies for the rant. Top four has to be gone.. Who'll want to join a Europa league team.. Going to end up like Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I haven't seen anything that suggests Chelsea will make the Europa League spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Chelsea have spent 250M - Bounemouth have spent 2.5M. Perhaps the £150M that you suggest really needs to be more like £1.5Bn?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Costa is some load of ****e in fairness. Oscar was playing well should have left Costa on the bench

I've been one of Oscar's biggest defenders but he has done nothing of note for a long time.

Honestly the season is a full blown right off at this stage. Make it as far as we can in the cups with strong teams but we really should just try and bring through the younger lads in the league. Or else the season will well and truly been for nothing. The sooner Ivan goes the better, the crowd are just going to resent him and it's a shame because he's a club legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Apologies for the rant. Top four has to be gone.. Who'll want to join a Europa league team.. Going to end up like Liverpool.

More like, you'll end up like Chelsea pre-Abramovich.

No idea what is going on with your club. You have the same squad that won the title last season. Interesting that your solution is to throw €150m at the problem. There must be something deeper than that when you already have world class players at your disposal. Something at the management level? Has Mourinho lost the dressing room? Is it simply that other clubs are wise to his tactics and he can't adapt?

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote: »

No idea what is going on with your club. You have the same squad that won the title last season. Interesting that your solution is to throw €150m at the problem. There must be something deeper than that when you already have world class players at your disposal. Something at the management level? Has Mourinho lost the dressing room? Is it simply that other clubs are wise to his tactics and he can't adapt?

Chelsea pre Abramovich were in the CL the year before he joined and on and off for the few years previous unlike Liverpool who haven't been in it for going on 7 years.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Chelsea pre Abramovich were in the CL the year before he joined and on and off for the few years previous unlike Liverpool who haven't been in it for going on 7 years.

7 years? They were in it last season (and 6 & 7 seasons ago)

Keep making yourself feel better though by having a dig at Liverpool.

I'm not interested in a Liverpool/Chelsea slagging match. Came on here because I can't believe how quickly and dramatically it has gone wrong for Chelsea and wanted to see what the fans thought (aside from throwing more money at the problem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

rottie 11 wrote: »
    The problem with Costa is that he goes out with the intention of winding up his opponent(s), rather than playing the game. Shame really. Regardless of what Mourinho says about that being an important part of his game, I don't think he needs to be doing that nonsense. He's a fantastic player, unplayable when he puts his mind to it.

I'm not interested in a Liverpool/Chelsea slagging match. Came on here because I can't believe how quickly and dramatically it has gone wrong for Chelsea and wanted to see what the fans thought (aside from throwing more money at the problem).

I don't think throwing money is what's required, I think it's a change in management. Look at what Klopp has brought to Pool. I honestly feel like Jose trying to motivate these players is like trying to get blood from a stone. I love Jose, I always will, but I still don't think his management style is suited beyond 3 or 4 seasons. The players rarely look like they are enjoying themselves anymore and the fans haven't been for sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Jose Mourinho is the sole reason the club is in the position it is in this season - I know I know he won the league last season and that's fantastic but Del Bosque (I think) won the Champions Leagie for Real Madrid and was immediately fired. I think he is on an ego trip - he's lost the dressing room (or a significant part of it anyway). Turfing fan favourite Mata, sticking with a failing team - that he built- persevering with rubbish players, the Falcao deal. 433 should be the order of the day from here on in. Good as they are/were Fabregas should not play again, Ivanovic should not play again, Costa should not play again to name 3.

Losing to Bournemouth, at home, without scoring a goal. This is a new low. This will not end well. For the clubs sake Jose needs to be removed. The writing was on the wall against Swansea on the opening day. We are a shambles. That 4 yr contract for Jose seems a tad foolish now, eh Roman. I wouldn't mind but we were 3/4 games into the rotten start of the season at that stage - surely Roman has a get out clause built in - please god he does and he pulls the trigger in Jan. No champions league next season is a disaster as far as Roman will be concerned - tv revenues down and turnover targets missed and no guarantee to get into the top 4 the season after...

this shambles will not turn around until Jose is gone and anyone who thinks so has their view distorted by the fact we won the league last season. I don't like the idea of starting again but needs must.

And I was just responding to your post about returning to pre-Abramovich era Chelsea which were in and out of Europe. I think his point was a fair one, once Liverpool failed to get CL it took them a hell of a long time to get it back and they still haven't managed it consistently. I actually forgot about last seasons campaign, if you could call it that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Be interesting to see Chelsea fans reaction on this forum as they were convinced he should stay and is the right man for the job.

Wonder how much more patience they have left.

Hadn't thought about some of the points you made Garzorico.

Getting rid of Mata and signing Falcoa (who flopped at ManU) were two drastic errors. Fabregas looked a good deal when signed but it's doing it anymore... surely he's still a quality player though? Costa I'd is probably the most frustrating player to have... so much talent... so stupid.

Is it just Mourinho so or you reckon the squad needs a refresh - out with the old guard and build a new spine for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Garzorico wrote: »
    Jose Mourinho is the sole reason the club is in the position it is in this season - I know I know he won the league last season and that's fantastic but Del Bosque (I think) won the Champions Leagie for Real Madrid and was immediately fired. I think he is on an ego trip - he's lost the dressing room (or a significant part of it anyway). Turfing fan favourite Mata, sticking with a failing team - that he built- persevering with rubbish players, the Falcao deal. 433 should be the order of the day from here on in. Good as they are/were Fabregas should not play again, Ivanovic should not play again, Costa should not play again to name 3.

Losing to Bournemouth, at home, without scoring a goal. This is a new low. This will not end well. For the clubs sake Jose needs to be removed. The writing was on the wall against Swansea on the opening day. We are a shambles. That 4 yr contract for Jose seems a tad foolish now, eh Roman. I wouldn't mind but we were 3/4 games into the rotten start of the season at that stage - surely Roman has a get out clause built in - please god he does and he pulls the trigger in Jan. No champions league next season is a disaster as far as Roman will be concerned - tv revenues down and turnover targets missed and no guarantee to get into the top 4 the season after...

this shambles will not turn around until Jose is gone and anyone who thinks so has their view distorted by the fact we won the league last season. I don't like the idea of starting again but needs must.

Massive fan of Jose here, not sure though where we go from here? Is there a top manager available for the long term? Don't think any prospective manager can look at this situation and say Jose hasn't had enough time. Too many players have stopped playing for him, it's a sign of modern football.

• Advertisement

I love mourinho but in all honesty I think it's time for him to go. We have what 4 league wins out of a possible 15 ? Thats no where near acceptable with the team we have

Getting rid of Mata and signing Falcoa (who flopped at ManU) were two drastic errors. Fabregas looked a good deal when signed but it's doing it anymore... surely he's still a quality player though? Costa I'd is probably the most frustrating player to have... so much talent... so stupid.

Is it just Mourinho so or you reckon the squad needs a refresh - out with the old guard and build a new spine for the team.

The buck stops with Jose. No question.

Lukker- wrote: »
    And I was just responding to your post about returning to pre-Abramovich era Chelsea which were in and out of Europe. I think his point was a fair one, once Liverpool failed to get CL it took them a hell of a long time to get it back and they still haven't managed it consistently. I actually forgot about last seasons campaign, if you could call it that.

Ha! Yes, we didn't last long in it alright. Still counts though :)

Fair enough on your elaboration of the point. I can see that. The original one-liner came across as a cheap dig though. Right now Liverpool are in a good position to be getting CL football for the second season in 3 seasons (yes, there's a long way to go, but I fancy our chances :)). Nothing shabby about that considering the previous 5 seasons or so with all the club have been through.

Ye do need to get your sh*t together though or you'll end up like Liverpool ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If Jose does get canned, Hiddink until the end of the season and then make a play for someone like Guardiola?

It's been an extraordinary decline from winning the Title to this.

A needless end of season tour, a truncated pre-season, a botched transfer window, the Carneiro affair.

It's just been a mess from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Need pace and players who you know will do a job.

Chicarito would work so well, works hard, has pace, great finisher...
    Witsel is calm, can pick passes but most importantly he can get around the pitch and tackle. I'd gut Fabregas myself if I had the chance.
    Ivanovic...what a girl
    Cahill...baffled to hear he signed a new contract mid-week. Goodluck to him being English or of the remaining group that had success, he's been terrible his entire Chelsea career bar the Champions league run.

Play Oscar in center mid, and let his shackles off. He's Brazil's best player by some distance(after Neymar).

First game I was confident about in ages, and it was the most hopeless display ever.

You wish, if you ended up like Liverpool you would have an exciting and honest manager and have a real shout at top 4

Massive fan of Jose here, not sure though where we go from here? Is there a top manager available for the long term? Don't think any prospective manager can look at this situation and say Jose hasn't had enough time. Too many players have stopped playing for him, it's a sign of modern football.

No such thing as long term anymore - they don't need it. Why should managers get 3+ years to get into the Champions League? They are good enough or they aren't. What should be long term is the clubs management structure where one part of it can be replaced with an alternative with relatively little disruption - managers, coaches, players, directors of football etc. Grant was a a couple points off winning the league, a slip from winning the champions league (in some style) which can is closer than Jose got with us. RDM won it at his first attempt with a not so great team and half of the team were playing injured in the final or were suspended - against Bayern in their own back yard!

My point is that the support structure is there to enable the club to replace any part of the management team without too much disruption, all clubs are like this or are heading that way quickly. Look at Pool with Klopp. He'll get this season and next and if he's not got champions league football then he'll be dumped and rightly so.

• Advertisement

You wish, if you ended up like Liverpool you would have an exciting and honest manager and have a real shout at top 4

I think he meant after Liverppol finished 6th in 08/09. Your in a good spot now but it took 6-7 seasons to get there with 1 good season in between.

Well, throwing money isn't the only solution. It's the more expensive of two, the other being replace Mourinho. I'd like to see him turn it around, but at this stage it's just wishful thinking. Yes, they do have world-class players but only certain players can fit into the Mourinho way, and it's not a long term plan, hence the demand for new players.

I'd honestly just put Steve Holland in place as interim coach. At least he'd know the academy players and his youth sides played some lovely football. I've defended Jose before but there has to be a cut off point where you say, the players aren't performing and he is the man responsible. Our attacking philosophy is to pass the ball around the opposition box for as long as possible and then misplace a pass for a goal kick. It has been this way for a long time. We are like Man United except we can't defend. If a Jose team can't even defend, what the hell is he even doing at the club?

Some are finished, others are held back by the rigid system with a alck of freedom to play their game. That was the root cause of the problem. Now everybody is so low on confidence that they don't know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Sure who gives a fook at this stage ?

The club will be dead and buried in 5 years time, there is more chance of Dublin City coming back and winning the UCL then Chelsea winning another league cup ffs...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement