Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Polo_Mint wrote: »

That's a great interview from Jose. An absolute tour de force. As he says, he's the best around and Chelsea won't do better. He's putting it to the club to back him and avoid a kneejerk sacking.

He's also right about Chelsea not being awarded penalties, and intimating a general unsympathetic attitude from the FA (witness Dean's absurdly inane and utterly partisan criticism of Jose after the FA had found in his favour over the Eva incident).

Jose's talking straight. He's a manager of international standing who would put most international corporate leaders in the shade. He deserves a decent shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

At least we dont have the forst manager sacked this year anyway. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

We are going to beat city to the league. Get in there only 30 minutes to hold on and 3 up.
    Granted women league better than nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    We are going to beat city to the league. Get in there only 30 minutes to hold on and 3 up.

Excellent they've finished the job this year after choking last season. They try very hard to be a part of the club in general so well worth supporting.

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Excellent they've finished the job this year after choking last season. They try very hard to be a part of the club in general so well worth supporting.

Great news.

What's the Right Back like? A replacement for the current incumbent is badly needed!................... (amongst others)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

4 nil now and 3 minutes left. From yesterday maybe Dave will keep his place with Willian but all others would improve the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Storm in a tea cup my little cherubs worry not and remember

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/175772

This could have been written about TSHO and us devout Chelsea cherubs so here is the first stanza for you, keep the faith

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowances for their doubting too,
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, or being lied about don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise.

Yay TSHO is now the forth longest serving manager in the PL

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/10/4/9449845/mourinho-becomes-the-premier-leagues-fourth-longest-serving-manager

Who says Roman is sack happy ............

Dom Solanke and Nathan scored for Vitesse today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bring back all the loanees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34372478

What crisis !!! ??

we are flying .. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Panthro wrote: »
    Bring back all the loanees!

Some sort of royal rumble scenario would do the trick, 100 enter, only 11 can leave (Costa would have to be in first to make it fair)...

Just watched the interview, I'm glad he's being open and passionate but it worries me that he feels as though he's ready to be sacked, uncertainty isn't what the team need right now at all. Let's hope the international break helps.

Jose :
    Baba Rahman doesn’t know what it is to play in this kind of championship,’ said Mourinho. ‘He needs time to adapt. At the same time, every team is a team of giants.

'If you don’t have a minimum of five tall players good in the air, you are dead on set-pieces. When I play Azpilicueta and Baba, I have only three.’

So, its highly unlikley that we'll see Rahman and Azp on opposite flanks.

We've always had a strong side but yet this year and towards last the end of last year we gave up set piece goals, this year though it feels like every cross from a free or corner will result in us losing a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

GavRedKing wrote: »

Can Zouma do a number at RB? Doubt his crosses are anything special but then again, Ivanovics crosses dont event beat the first man:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

McDave wrote: »
    That's a great interview from Jose. An absolute tour de force. As he says, he's the best around and Chelsea won't do better. He's putting it to the club to back him and avoid a kneejerk sacking.

I've actually only watched that interview now, and it's made me do another U-turn, so I'll take back my post match comment about him not caring.

If the club do decide to back him and he turns this around then this really could be a hugely pivotal couple of weeks in Jose's career and the history of the club. Jose might get the 2-3 season monkey off his back and Chelsea might actually opt for long term success. What a prospect!

With that in mind I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope this doesn't turn into another routine sacking by RA.

• Advertisement

Jose :

We've always had a strong side but yet this year and towards last the end of last year we gave up set piece goals, this year though it feels like every cross from a free or corner will result in us losing a goal.

Yea I read that earlier to me its BS.

We have two centre halfs, Matic, Costa and a tall goalkeeper in the mix at present. Play RLC instead of Matic we still have the same. That is nearly half of the team how much height does he want?

So Ivan, by far the worst defender in the PL at the moment is going to start pretty much every game for the foreseeable future BS total BS.

redman85 wrote: »
    Can Zouma do a number at RB? Doubt his crosses are anything special but then again, Ivanovics crosses dont event beat the first man:o

I'd take anyone over Ivan at RB anyway, hopefully a knock will rule him out for a few weeks when hes away with Serbia and we wont have to worry abou thim being beat by every player that wanders out to his side.
    Essien wrote: »
    I've actually only watched that interview now, and it's made me do another U-turn, so I'll take back my post match comment about him not caring.

If the club do decide to back him and he turns this around then this really could be a hugely pivotal couple of weeks in Jose's career and the history of the club. Jose might get the 2-3 season monkey off his back and Chelsea might actually opt for long term success. What a prospect!

With that in mind I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope this doesn't turn into another routine sacking by RA.

Even if we finish 5th I dont want him sacked, it serves us no purpose and sets us back years. We'll be back through the revolving door of management and ya never know where Jose could turn up and harm us along the way.

I think hes survived for now but there'll be serious call for him to get at least 4th this year and maybe have a decent domestic cup campaign coupled with a decent European conquest and he'll survive.

This is where it gets interesting as we're going to lose 1 or possibily both Ivan and JT in the summer so the club will have to back him all the way with who he brings in, no f**king about with players until the last day of the window, get the player you want in aSAP and shift those out we dont need ASAP.

It worked last year perfectly so the formula for success is for stability it seems, right now we dont have that, the 2 week break will give Jose ample time to analyse and mull over his team selection for our next league game.

Next game is Villa at the Bridge, a relegation 6 pointer if there ever was one. RLC is expected to start as long as hes not injured with Englands U21s.

Which is good IMO, now who does he drop? By all accounts its probably going to be Matic but I wouldnt be surprised to see Matic and RLc with Cesc in fornt of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jose has said Loftus Cheek will get a run of games to prove himself after the break.

• Advertisement

Next game is Villa at the Bridge, a relegation 6 pointer if there ever was one. RLC is expected to start as long as hes not injured with Englands U21s.

Which is good IMO, now who does he drop? By all accounts its probably going to be Matic but I wouldnt be surprised to see Matic and RLc with Cesc in fornt of them.

Well it seems obvious that Ivan will not be dropped so it is very difficult to second guess who will play, if the worst player in our side is guaranteed a start it is all rather depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Don't really see how, absolutely nothing new in that article and cites Diego Torres book on Mourinho as a "brilliant character study" -Lol, the book is pure fiction, referencing it undermines the entire article, can't see how an established journalist would try and use it to draw conclusions from.

This is unusual, I can't remember the club making a statement on a manager before during the Roman Empire at least.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/10/club-believes-in-manager-and-squad.html?

One can assume from that he has until the end of the season at least.

It really is never boring being a Chelsea fan

Lukker- wrote: »
    Don't really see how, absolutely nothing new in that article and cites Diego Torres book on Mourinho as a "brilliant character study" -Lol, the book is pure fiction, referencing it undermines the entire article, can't see how an established journalist would try and use it to draw conclusions from.

Torres saying Jose cried when he didnt get the Utd job yet Fergie said they never approached him as he was already going back to Chelsea.

2 different inputs, I'll trust Fergie on this one ;)
    This is unusual, I can't remember the club making a statement on a manager before during the Roman Empire at least.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/10/club-believes-in-manager-and-squad.html?

I reckon he has until the end of the year too but if 2 or 3 months down the line we've not improved and the players have nothing to play for, geting any results will be hugely difficult.

The way we've been playing, I'd take top 4 and a decent stab at the cups and Europe, build on from next season then.

I dont think anyone will win the league this year like we did with so many games to spare which makes me more annoyed at our own start.

Torres saying Jose cried when he didnt get the Utd job yet Fergie said they never approached him as he was already going back to Chelsea.

2 different inputs, I'll trust Fergie on this one ;)

I reckon he has until the end of the year too but if 2 or 3 months down the line we've not improved and the players have nothing to play for, geting any results will be hugely difficult.

The way we've been playing, I'd take top 4 and a decent stab at the cups and Europe, build on from next season then.

I dont think anyone will win the league this year like we did with so many games to spare which makes me more annoyed at our own start.

City have had their little blip for a while I would expect them to have it won by Easter. At least if it is not us (and it won't be) then would be nice if Mata got it but City are the least worst option.

I would imagine if we dont qualify for next seasons CL he will be out. If we scrape in via winning the CL or Europa or sneaking 3rd or 4th I would expect he would be safe. We need to ask ourselves though why was pre season so bad and what the hell happened with our transfer policy this year. If players are not going to play as they did not have a full pre season with us (BS by the way Pedro went straight in) then what is the point of buying at the end of the window. 2014 was a template in how to do it correctly, 2015 a monumental cock up who's decisions were these and are they being made to answer?

City have had their little blip for a while I would expect them to have it won by Easter. At least if it is not us (and it won't be) then would be nice if Mata got it but City are the least worst option.

I would imagine if we dont qualify for next seasons CL he will be out. If we scrape in via winning the CL or Europa or sneaking 3rd or 4th I would expect he would be safe. We need to ask ourselves though why was pre season so bad and what the hell happened with our transfer policy this year. If players are not going to play as they did not have a full pre season with us (BS by the way Pedro went straight in) then what is the point of buying at the end of the window. 2014 was a template in how to do it correctly, 2015 a monumental cock up who's decisions were these and are they being made to answer?

I just dont think that any big players were available really.

Th biggest players I can remember going, from the top of my head are Martinez to Atletico, Costa to Bayern, Di Maria to PSG and Turan to Barca.

I dont think we were ever after any of those players, although we did chase Griezemann, Stones and apparently Varane and Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's the kiss of death, i really hope it's not but how many times have we seen a club publicly back a manager only to see him gone a forthright later?
    He has two weeks to start to build bridges in that dressing room and get some results or I fear he'll get the chop.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/05/chelsea-outline-full-support-jose-mourinho-bad-start-season-season

These things are usually the kiss of death - edit Just saw Kevs post !! snap !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I just dont think that any big players were available really.

Th biggest players I can remember going, from the top of my head are Martinez to Atletico, Costa to Bayern, Di Maria to PSG and Turan to Barca.

I dont think we were ever after any of those players, although we did chase Griezemann, Stones and apparently Varane and Pogba.
    Martial too, so the story goes

greendom wrote: »
    Martial too, so the story goes

Until he went to Utd, I hadnt heard anything linking Chelsea with him all summer actually.

Was probably something with Pedro ending up here and sime good PR that we missed out on MArtial.

Fair f**ks to the lad though, hes taken to the league very easily and looks a great prospect so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Mourinho aoears to be to be too loyal to some of his struggling players. When you follow his instructions it seems to cement your place in the side. The success of Ferguson was partly based on being ruthless. If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be very frustrated with the selections. I do think Chelsea have a better side than we've seen on the pitch, the Stones business rocked the CB pairing as they know they are on borrowed time. Replacements will come in in Jan, after that he needs to make some tough decisions, drop some big names (Fabregas) and and cast aside some loyal servants (Ivanovic, Terry potentially).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Mourinho appears to be to be too loyal to some of his struggling players.

True, but I think that loyalty has always been a two-way street for Jose. Sure, he's stuck by players, but it's tended to be after he's rallied them to the cause and they stepped forward. That first title winning team was built around a siege mentality (everyone hates us...) and players who would run through brick walls for him and the team. The spine of that first team was Cech, Terry, Lamps, Essien, Drogs. Amazingly most of them have only recently left for good and JT is still there.

That was always that worrying nag for me last season. Outrageously talented team, but never got into second gear, in some matches barely got into first. Jose kept telling his players, we're going to get found out. Their response - from the way they played - seemed to be "No we're not, we going to win this at a canter." And so they did.

The problem is they've won a title, but they've never faced down adversity. And when they've faced it this season, they've bottled it. They've never developed that battling mentality that his first great team had. That first team had leaders all over the pitch. Who are the leaders for this team? Tbo? Cahill? Matic? Pedro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Until he went to Utd, I hadnt heard anything linking Chelsea with him all summer actually.

Was probably something with Pedro ending up here and sime good PR that we missed out on MArtial.

Fair f**ks to the lad though, hes taken to the league very easily and looks a great prospect so far.

I remember seeing sometime on WEGNH about a week before the window ended, quoted a price of 40m iirc

Serious pity our squad is so thin, we shouldn't have sent people like Christensen, Brown, Chalobah on loan, so many players need to be dropped but not enough to come in or can be given a shot in the cup. If those 3 were given a chance they'd have more fight than Cahill, Hazard and Matic atm, you need to have people breathing down your neck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jose charged by the FA for comments made in press interview after the match.
    Another poxy decision by the boys on the board.

Panthro wrote: »
    Jose charged by the FA for comments made in press interview after the match.
    Another poxy decision by the boys on the board.

I think Jose will take that on the chin, if it rallies the troops so to speak and the club back him, it'll be a good fine for him.

not that 2 weeks wages matter to him, even if its north of 300k :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think Jose will take that on the chin, if it rallies the troops so to speak and the club back him, it'll be a good fine for him.

not that 2 weeks wages matter to him, even if its north of 300k :pac:

I don't think it will though.

I honestly don't know why he's bothering complaining after that match to be honest. I can't see what good will come of it.

Though he is fairly good at winning stuff so he probably has his reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Id say Jose is discussing a compensation package with Roman at present. He's a goner now for sure. He seems to be having a melt down, he's dissing the clubs hierarchy in public, performances and results are dire. It's only a matter of time. Klopp spotted in London last night apparently...mustn't have airports in Liverpool eh?

Garzorico wrote: »
    Id say Jose is discussing a compensation package with Roman at present. He's a goner now for sure. He seems to be having a melt down, he's dissing the clubs hierarchy in public, performances and results are dire. It's only a matter of time. Klopp spotted in London last night apparently...mustn't have airports in Liverpool eh?

I wouldnt take Klopp at all and thats if Jose is fired which at this moment in time isnt going to happen.

The only one Id want to replace Jose with is probably Ancelotti or Simeone but for varying reasons neither would join, plus all 3 are vastly inferior to what we already have.

Id inagine Joses contract , like must managers, would have a stipulation that if he is to be released he'd get paid X amount with X amount of years left on his deal.

No need to trash out details whatsoever, if Roman wants him gone, he'd have been sacked Sunday morning.

Im not sure why any chelsea fan would want rid of him either, i know football is a very knee jerk sport but the ultimate knee jerk would be to sack him again and if it does happen the club will go along time before they win another league title.

The club has the benefit of hindsight and weve had in charge, 2 of the top 5 managers in the last decade at the club and sacked them both, to do so again would be beyond idiotic and im glad the board seen sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

JT26 wrote: »
    Plus a million,its ludicrous to want Jose gone,ffs a few bad results does not make it a disaster,certain elements need to be moved on though

Its not a true disaster but the season is a write off. A disaster woud be sacking him.

I dont think the dressing room has been lost at all, I cant see this group wanting the manager out, gone are the days of Lamps, Drogba, Cech, JT, Cole all apparently running to Roman looking for a managers head and TBH, if any of the players did try that this time around I'd f**k um out of the club, no matter who it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Its not a true disaster but the season is a write off. A disaster woud be sacking him.

I dont think the dressing room has been lost at all, I cant see this group wanting the manager out, gone are the days of Lamps, Drogba, Cech, JT, Cole all apparently running to Roman looking for a managers head and TBH, if any of the players did try that this time around I'd f**k um out of the club, no matter who it was.

It's probably a bit of a sign that we don't have enough personalities in the dressing room either. Lacking leadership on the pitch and when Terry hasn't been playing it's got to be tough to come straight back in and command respect.

hots wrote: »
    It's probably a bit of a sign that we don't have enough personalities in the dressing room either. Lacking leadership on the pitch and when Terry hasn't been playing it's got to be tough to come straight back in and command respect.

I've harped on for months about the difficulties of retaining a title and this team is a pale shadow of the 1st Jose side that went back to back champions, its something I know I criticised City for under Mancini, theyed win the league and look like not giving a toss the following season, its not the mark of a great side and I include our title winning side of last year in that group.

Yes they won the league at a canter but if you cant pick yourself up and go again with a similar attitude then there is something seriously lacking as a professional. I assumed that the lads would be bulling for a second title, some of them have won things with other clubsm some have won the UCL and EL with us but apart from guys like Cech, Ivan and JT, last year there wasnt many in our last title winning side under Carlo.

Those guys should have been pushing for another title this year not fading so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You would have to say there is something afoot at the Bridge and it is difficult to put a finger on but I am wondering is there a power play going on?

Everything in the camp seemed to be tickady boo until the day TSHO signed the extension to his contract which was reported to have happened Friday 07th August the day before the season started. Since then we have had the doctor fiasco and made a complete and utter mess of the transfer window.

Armed with a 4 year deal in his back pocket is TSHO trying to elicit change in the background? A bit spurious perhaps but just because your paranoid does not mean the b******s are not out to get you. But there has to be a reason as to the team selection and the absolutely idotic reason why he has to play Ivan over Baba which for me was truly an insulting thing to say to Chelsea supporters.

So conspiracy yes or no????????????????

duploelabs wrote: »

Posted a rely to that yesterday, absolutely insulting and pathetically stupid.

TSHO is by and large loved by the fans - this is extracting the urine though.

So conspiracy theory above ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

tinfoilmain615.jpg
    You would have to say there is something afoot at the Bridge and it is difficult to put a finger on but I am wondering is there a power play going on?

Everything in the camp seemed to be tickady boo until the day TSHO signed the extension to his contract which was reported to have happened Friday 07th August the day before the season started. Since then we have had the doctor fiasco and made a complete and utter mess of the transfer window.

Armed with a 4 year deal in his back pocket is TSHO trying to elicit change in the background? A bit spurious perhaps but just because your paranoid does not mean the b******s are not out to get you. But there has to be a reason as to the team selection and the absolutely idotic reason why he has to play Ivan over Baba which for me was truly an insulting thing to say to Chelsea supporters.

So conspiracy yes or no????????????????

I fully expect us to win the Champions league and finish 8th. :pac:

That's the spirit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

We could have a bit of a battle on for 4th if Liverpool get Klopp too, they will surely get a significant boost from his arrival.

No Champions League next season would be disastrous, especially when the squad needs such chopping and changing in the summer, we need to be in the Champions League to attract the better players

That's the spirit!

Indeed it is, question is which spirit and how much?

My guess a flagon of vodka :D:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement