Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

A win tonight would be massive on the back of the Porto game.

Now would be a great time to go on a half decent run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mourinho got it so wrong last year, we couldn't beat a 10 man PSG at home, it was frankly embarrassing watching us. I don't expect much more tbh given the current state of the team but I we have a small chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Just had a look at PSG's season so far on Wikipedia.

They're 17 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 with 18 games played, 15 wins and three draws. They've only lost one game all season, 1-0 away to Madrid. Don't think they'll need to worry about their league fixtures when it comes to playing us, whereas we're in the opposite position.

EDIT: They've only concede nine goals in 25 games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

PSG are growing into the competition year on year. I would expect them to be improved this year again.

I just hope we will have turned a corner by February and knock Luis & Co out.

It is our turn after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So 16th February in Paris and 09th March in London for the PSG ties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm assuming Cesc is benched for tonight?

Given how Leicester play we're gonna need players able to track runners.

I'm wondering actually will he drop JT for Cahill fro his pace, I'd prefer JT in there and have Zouma cover for him if needed.

Vardy v Zouma should be an interesting battle but Vardy will try pull over to JTs side at any opportunity meaning Azp is going to have to cover for him on the inside a but more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm assuming Cesc is benched for tonight?

Given how Leicester play we're gonna need players able to track runners.

I'm wondering actually will he drop JT for Cahill fro his pace, I'd prefer JT in there and have Zouma cover for him if needed.

Vardy v Zouma should be an interesting battle but Vardy will try pull over to JTs side at any opportunity meaning Azp is going to have to cover for him on the inside a but more.

Its a funny one for us ahem "neutrals"...... who to cheer for tonight? :p

ronjo wrote: »
    Its a funny one for us ahem "neutrals"...... who to cheer for tonight? :p

Leicester are doing fantastically well, they wont keep it up though and will eventually drop out of the top 4.

Probably going to be City, Arsenal, Utd and Spurs in the top 4, title between City and Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Just had a look at PSG's season so far on Wikipedia.

They're 17 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 with 18 games played, 15 wins and three draws. They've only lost one game all season, 1-0 away to Madrid. Don't think they'll need to worry about their league fixtures when it comes to playing us, whereas we're in the opposite position.

EDIT: They've only concede nine goals in 25 games this season.

The team in second is closer to nineteenth than to PSG in terms of the points gap.
    Doing a Bayern on it in terms of dominating the league.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    The team in second is closer to nineteenth than to PSG in terms of the points gap.
    Doing a Bayern on it in terms of dominating the league.

The league is a piece of a piss anyway, short of the owners pulling out, PSG will win the league for the next decade.

• Advertisement

We're lucky we've Sunderland next after tonight, a team below us in the league.

Tonights a good chance to show people what were capable of, we could very well fluff our lines but I'm confident enough after the Porto game that we'll win tonight. Could be misguided but I do really fancy our chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barr wrote: »
    What is with Chelsea and PSG again ! Think I would have preferred the 2nd leg away this time and make the away goals count.

We have to score in Paris to have any hope over the tie.

Second leg is in Paris. Leader of group always get second game at home.

Edit: and I'm a klutz, PSG didn't win their group. :o

Turtwig wrote: »
    Second leg is in Paris. Leader of group always get second game at home.

Edit: and I'm a klutz, PSG didn't win their group. :o

Was coming in to say you've made a dogs dinner of that :pac:

Real topped the group but PSG were better than them in both games, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

They've only lost one game all season, 1-0 away to Madrid.

A game they should have won comfortably. They were by far the better team.

PSG are a quality side, dark horses to win it this year and I don't think they will have much problem dispatching us.

Johner wrote: »
    A game they should have won comfortably. They were by far the better team.

PSG are a quality side, dark horses to win it this year and I don't think they will have much problem dispatching us.

I agree, I watched both of the Real v PSG games and PSG were better overall.

Think they hit the woodwork about 4 or 5 times in the 2 games. I'd have taken any other 2nd seed team over PSG at the drop of a hat.

We'll be improved by Feb/March but they'll still be too strong I fear at that stage. Would take a huge effort to beat them.

Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Chelsea subs v Leicester: Begovic, Cahill, Mikel, Fabregas, Kenedy, Pedro, Remy. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Nice team. Come on the blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

We're lucky we've Sunderland next after tonight, a team below us in the league.

Tonights a good chance to show people what were capable of, we could very well fluff our lines but I'm confident enough after the Porto game that we'll win tonight. Could be misguided but I do really fancy our chances.

I've fancied our chances every week since the start of the season, see where that's got us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

We should have a few extra 'fans' tonight........

Elwood Blues sums it up perfectly.
    We're so glad to see so many of you lovely people here tonight. And we would especially like to welcome all the representatives of The Arsenal Thread that have chosen to join us here in The Chelsea Thread at this time. We certainly hope you all enjoy the show. And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I've fancied our chances every week since the start of the season, see where that's got us.

Nah, im more confident now for tonight than ive been in awhile.

Id have prefered to play someone worse and at home but its a good test.

Hazard injured :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Once again we don't even look like scoring, let alone coming from behind and winning

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Hazard injured :(

Don't think there was anything in that. Something going on there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Come on Roman, you know what you've got to do. We will be in the bottom 3 before we know it with Jose in charge.

It's hard to believe but Jose is closer to taking us down than winning another league game. The sooner he's gone the sooner we'll be on our way out of this mess.

Don't think there was anything in that. Something going on there.....

He landed aukwardly on his hip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

rottie 11 wrote: »
    He landed aukwardly on his hip

Thought it was very soft myself. Certainly something he could have run off. Jose wasn't too happy anyway. Might be the last we see of him for a while.

Thought it was very soft myself. Certainly something he could have run off. Jose wasn't too happy anyway. Might be the last we see of him for a while.

With a bit of luck it will be last we see of Jose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Really sick of this s**t

Hazards injury sums up the side, bunch of pussies the lot of them.

Theres only so long this will continie before jose is sacked and while i dont want that the players aint happening and neither is he by picking the same underperformers every week.

Weve about 60% of the ball all the corners and no shots on target and leave in a soft goal at the other end. Its the story of our season.

I reckon jose is going to be sacked in the morning if we lose this. Which we will lose probably 2-0 , it's getting to the point now where I genuinely am getting worried about a relegation battle

If it was my choice mourinho would be gone

I don't get the 'sure it's Jose and he deserves more because of his past efforts' mentality - he doesnt. We are 2 points above the relegation zone. That's ridiculous. Unbelievable almost. And there are zero signs of it changing. His team are a joke,although I can't quite believe it, it appears none of the players want to play for him, they are clueless altogether. I'm sick of it. We'll be relegated if he stays - I haven't seen improvement since the first game v Swansea. This is the champions we are talking about. The champions! Joke shop altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm sorry, but how on earth do you know that?

JT26 wrote: »
    ????????
    The longer Jose stays the closer we get to all of us praying for his sacking. The evidence is right there in front of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Really sick of this s**t

Theres only so long this will continie before jose is sacked and while i dont want that the players aint happening and neither is he by picking the same underperformers every week.

Weve about 60% of the ball all the corners and no shots on target and leave in a soft goal at the other end. Its the story of our season.

I thought he'd be gone after Porto, regardless of the result.

There's no real reason to be playing Costa, Cesc and Hazard anymore. All are a proven waste of space at this stage in the current regime. Jose is in a real bind. He can play more motivated players in the EPL and get results. But the same players won't deliver in the UCL. Maybe he should have, though. Just to get to the transfer window.

The way it's going now, if Jose's to stay, he *does* go for the younger players and grind out premiership survival, dumping Hazard, Cesc and Costa into the reserves until he can sell them.

Otherwise, just bite the bulket and get a new manager in, stabilise this season and get rid of the Three Stodges in the summer.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Really sick of this s**t

That's story sounds alot like utds season tbh....

It's the one thing Jose is missing in his CV, dealing with a different type of pressure...which IMO he's coped badly with in the past.

Can't see how this will be any different.

Great start. Nobody closing down again and they score.

Lol f**k this.

Jose deserves the sack in fairness.

He's broke all the wrong records this season.

No innovation, he hasn't changed a thing to fix it. He can only play one way and he's been figured out.

I don't see how anyone can defend him anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

This is unreal 2 0,
    fml

• Advertisement

• McDave wrote: »
    I thought he'd be gone after Porto, regardless of the result.

There's no real reason to be playing Costa, Cesc and Hazard anymore. All are a proven waste of space at this stage in the current regime. Jose is in a real bind. He can play more motivated players in the EPL and get results. But the same players won't deliver in the UCL. Maybe he should have, though. Just to get to the transfer window.

The way it's going now, if Jose's to stay, he *does* go for the younger players and grind out premiership survival, dumping Hazard, Cesc and Costa into the reserves until he can sell them.

Otherwise, just bite the bulket and get a new manager in, stabilise this season and get rid of the Three Stodges in the summer.

Getting rid is a bit harsh? There still great players. A different manager might get them back to form.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's story sounds alot like utds season tbh....

It's the one thing Jose is missing in his CV, dealing with a different type of pressure...which IMO he's coped badly with in the past.

Can't see how this will be any different.

This is miles miles worse than Moyes season.

We cant defend to save our lives.

Pathetic

To be honest it's gone beyond a joke now, jose's never going to turn this around.

Id be getting rid of players before the manager being honest

I beginning to think the managers poison.
    Hope to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Far easier to get rid of 1 manager than 10 players

Jt off for cesc

No pace for even less pace and leaving us even more open ffs

It's his job to get the best out of them, he is honestly gonna get us relegated.

Has to be ramires to rb and ican cb

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement