Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Opening bid is 80m Mick, step right up, do I have 81? anyone?

Thing is we would rather lob 80 million at Neymar and fail misearbly. At least with Chelsea we would have a chance at getting him. Definitely now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Roman has a big decision to make here. Either he sacks the manager and undermines every other Chelsea manager to come, or else he backs Mourinho and starts sacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How has Chelsea's success stacked up to your great club in recent years?
    So just because I support a club that hasn't done as well as Chelsea recently I can't take joy in there crisis of form:confused: They have a classless manager & are a classless club .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This should be our new manager.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thing is we would rather lob 80 million at Neymar and fail misearbly. At least with Chelsea we would have a chance at getting him. Definitely now anyway

You might have to double that to get Neymar though, especially with his transfer costing about double what it was meant to have cost. :o

you'll also need a new manager to get the best out of Hazard, unless LVG plays him LB. :pac: :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

70 points (likely top 4 tally) needs 2.5 PPG from here on

Roman has a big decision to make here. Either he sacks the manager and undermines every other Chelsea manager to come, or else he backs Mourinho and starts sacking selling players.

I'd sell them first being honest, make a bit of money off them. :o

70 points (likely top 4 tally) needs 2.5 PPG from here on

We wont even make top 8 at this rate, thats no exaggeration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

There is no way I can see Hazard and Jose working any more.

If Jose stays he will be looking to get shut of him. Its seems getting the player of the year could be a curse when Jose is in charge.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    You might have to double that to get Neymar though, especially with his transfer costing about double what it was meant to have cost. :o

you'll also need a new manager to get the best out of Hazard, unless LVG plays him LB. :pac: :o
    Wouldn't be surprised if LVG did the way things are going at the moment lol

I'd be inclined to have Hazard sit in behind Martial

• Advertisement

1000/1 for Chelsea to finish top four :eek: , Paddy Power here I come :pac:

Barr wrote: »
    There is no way I can see Hazard and Jose working any more.

If Jose stays he will be looking to get shut of him. Its seems getting the player of the year could be a curse when Jose is in charge.

Hazard will be gone in the summer, nobody will want a cup tied Hazard in january.

If Hazard is acting up, drop him. Play Kenedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Manager will go or some players will go and I think the manager going is the quicker option. I might just throw on a bet that Rodgers is going to be the new interim manager of CFC. I'd say Mourinho will be gone by tomorrow.

Whats mind boggling is we beat Porto easily with the same XI, created plenty.

Same XI play against Leicester and sh*t the course.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Jose sacked now being honest, Lampard was right though, the season is a complete write off so dont sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Whats mind boggling is we beat Porto easily with the same XI, created plenty.

Same XI play against Leicester and sh*t the course.

There's a huge difference though, Porto came out and attacked us.

Mourinho hasn't a clue how to play against teams who park the bus, he can't take his own medicine. He has been completely figured out in the league and he has continued to blame bad luck but it's a tame excuse at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ancelotti could get these guys playing serious ball, as well as incorporating the young players. He's a guy who commands respect as well, and is humble in defeat. Think the time has come to go and get 'em.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Ancelotti could get these guys playing serious ball, as well as incorporating the young players. He's a guy who commands respect as well, and is humble in defeat. Think the time has come to go and get 'em.

He won't go anywhere until next season but I'd bring in Conte or even leave Steve Holland as coach til then. Jose has made his position untenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Why would Ancelotti want to go back though? I doubt he fancies being sacked by Chelsea twice in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

After that post match interview it's hard to tell if Jose is losing his marbles or not. He looks a beaten man.

Shame but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

If a new manager comes in then that's grand, but he has to be backed.

We can't wind up with players pushing another manager out. If some players aren't up for it, **** 'em, they can be replaced.

Ancelotti is about the only manager I'd be happy to see take over.

I dont want Ancelotti either, no way in hell.

His league record is about as good as Rafas, we'd win games 3 or 4-0 every now and again but f**k away leads and points to bate the band.

Better than what we're serving up now, no doubt but not an option for me, plus he wouldnt come back.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Jose sacked now being honest, Lampard was right though, the season is a complete write off so dont sack him.

What Frank hasn’t said is keeping Jose will mean Hazard will go. It will cost zillions to replace him (if he can be replaced)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I didn't see the match, but what do you here think of Hazards injury? Was he really injured?

Cienciano wrote: »
    I didn't see the match, but what do you here think of Hazards injury? Was he really injured?

IMO, he may have been injured, looked to have landed right on his hip bone but he was unwilling to even give it a few minutes to see if he was able to shake it off.

I'm assuming he'll have a scan on it and if no injury is reported I can see him being "rested" for the foreseeable future.

What Frank hasn’t said is keeping Jose will mean Hazard will go. It will cost zillions to replace him (if he can be replaced)

So be it.

Hazard himself said he'll never be at Messi and ronaldos level and hes right but when your father, club and national manager come out and say he can lack drive and motivation, the attitude isnt 100% there.

Theres no doubting hes a fantastic footballer but there seems to be something lacking, I still want to keep him and see him tearing teams apart but those days appear to be long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

This is no longer a crisis. It's no longer a negotiation.

Either Jose works with the players that will work for him, and sidelines the rest, or he packs it in now. There's no point in everybody slitting each others throats.

McDave wrote: »
    This is no longer a crisis. It's no longer a negotiation.

Either Jose works with the players that will work for him, and sidelines the rest, or he packs it in now. There's no point in everybody slitting each others throats.

Assuming he keeps his job, I agree with ya.

Get to the end of the season with those of the senior team willing to train and fight and bring in some youth.

Play Kenedy, play RLC, play Taore.

So be it.

Hazard himself said he'll never be at Messi and ronaldos level and hes right but when your father, club and national manager come out and say he can lack drive and motivation, the attitude isnt 100% there.

Theres no doubting hes a fantastic footballer but there seems to be something lacking, I still want to keep him and see him tearing teams apart but those days appear to be long gone.

I would be gutted if Hazard went, no matter what the price.

Oh why couldn’t it have been Mikel that Jose had beef with :(

• Advertisement

I would be gutted if Hazard went, no matter what the price.

Oh why couldn’t it have been Mikel that Jose had beef with :(

I'd even play Mikel over some of them at the moment, that says alot. :o

Scant consolation, i had Mahrez and Vardy and Simpson in my FF this week. :P

cadaliac wrote: »
    Thanks. Anything else from the salmon of knowledge?

:pac:

I'd even play Mikel over some of them at the moment, that says alot. :o

Things are not that bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Mahrez won me my head-to-head match. The highlight of my footballing weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Things are not that bad :pac:

We would gain control of the midfield.

• Advertisement

Get to the end of the season with those of the senior team willing to train and fight and bring in some youth.

He trusts Hazard more then he trusts RLC. He hasn't even been on the bench in over a month. Jose doesn't have the balls to make changes like that.

He bitches and moans but he's ultimately responsible. If players aren't working for you drop them and bring in someone else. He has absolutely no right to complain after when he has stood by and watch players make the same mistakes all season.

Then he goes and essentially burns bridges with 75% of the squad.

Top man manager alright.

Doesnt look too comfortable here

2F60230700000578-0-image-a-40_1450126793827.jpg

Moments before this Jose was freaking out that Hazard wanted to come off, about 10seconds after this, Ramires tried to play him aball and it rolled out as Hazard tried to move for it and he f**ked off down the tunnel.

Yep. And fill a couple of gaps in January with competent players. Maybe stretch to Stones. Just enough to scramble up to mid-table.

Either way, a clean-out is in order. Put the 'For Sale' sign on Costa, Hazard and Cesc. They can train with the reserves if they want to keep their hands in fitness-wise for the Euros. :pac:

I can't see Jose going with youths somehow. Its just not his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Has Mourinho not been actively alienating some of the players this season? He called Hazard out in October when it was clear he was the only one capable of creating chances for the team.

I honestly don't think he's the answer and ever will be. He shows absolutely no willingness to bring in youth. I don't see the benefit of him being kept around long term. I don't think he's the man to break the Chelsea mould of the constant sackings of managers when the going gets tough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Are you ok?

You support Liverpool. Don't think you can give the billy big balls about staying up or winning anything.

Pretty sure the last time Liverpool were concerned about relegation, Chelsea hadn't even formed in the Abramovich's womb

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Pretty sure the last time Liverpool were concerned about relegation, Chelsea hadn't even formed in the Abramovich's womb

The last time Liverpool were relegated, Chelsea won the league the following season.

Try googling it next time.

Or just rabble on with the same old "Something something no history etc"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Lukker- wrote: »
    The last time Liverpool were relegated, Chelsea won the league the following season.

Try googling it next time.

Or just rabble on with the same old "Something something no history etc"

Ha, an unfortunate coincidence from my perspective.

Yea admittedly the no history thing is a low dig. It was in response to the more outlandish relegation claim made by the previous poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

That is some post match from Mourinho.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ha, an unfortunate coincidence from my perspective.

Yea admittedly the no history thing is a low dig. It was in response to the more outlandish relegation claim made by the previous poster

Pretty sure gowl is a United fan :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

blueser wrote: »
    I'd love to know just what's going on there at the moment. That's more or less the same squad (and manager) that strolled to the title 7 months ago. And let's be realistic here; on their day, they're capable of turning over any other team in the PL. Baffling how it's gone so pear shaped in such a relatively short period of time.

Just hit the wall I'd say. Not motivated by success as much, not listening to the manager, stagnation with same players being picked playing the same way, internal spats, loss of legs due to age, it happens to all successful teams eventually.

The problem is as I controversially (according to some Chelsea fans) mentioned in the Summer is that there needs to be a bulk clearout at some stage and Mourinho only wants his type of players and who are ready-to-go.

They're expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

When jose wanted a cb he club should have backed him.

Papy D and Hector were a waste of money never going to amount to anything.

Weve shown time and again that we lack a cb that command and take charge.

Now! now! We shall have no criticism of Michael Hector:D, he was great while at Dundalk, solid for Reading, kept Messi nice and quiet when away with Jamaica for the Confederations Cup. He is young lad that will cut it, bit soon for him but he be a better option than Terry at this stage. Cost a good few quid £4mil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That first XI you guys have is brilliant. Swap iniesta or Modric for Cesc and you're ticking. How they're playing so terrible is absolutely baffling. Even when playing "bad" a team with that ability should still be winning most matches.

Jose has lost the players. He seems to do this everywhere. Burn bridges. You have two choices:

Accept this is part and parcel of Jose and work around it. Keep players on short cycles. That means a huge regular clear outs.
    Sack Jose. Odds are if fergie or Carlo was in charge of those players you'd see them perform completely differently. Players are people, even in the army an unstable leader will eventually detriment the discipline of their squad.

Also for the love of Jesus get a manager that will develop your youth. There's some decent potential coming through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd stick with Jose personally but if that's happening, it's crucial that Matic, Cesc, Pedro, Hazard and anyone else, maybe Costa (but he looks to be at least trying) are benched.

Play

Ramieres, RLC, Willian, Remy etc and those other players don't get back in the first team squad.

In a few weeks bring Matic on for last 30 in a game - maybe he can play his way back in, then try with others one at a time and give them a small chance to redeem themselves which they either take or don't.

But it needs a sea change, and at this stage it's obvious that it has to be either a considerable group of players or the manager. It's clear from the difference between the CL and PL that Jose is not motivating certain players anymore.

The only worry I'd have about this is that these are all the players most recently at the club and I'd worry about Jose's ability to reinforce in Jan or summer. These players plus Cudrado, Luis etc were supposed to rejuvenate this team and they're actually the problem.

I'd have no doubt they're pulling a 'player power' thing and thinking that the manager will be gone soon enough. He need to cut that out asap.

It's a problem for Chelsea too. if Jose goes after what these players have done to him, it's not a problem that will end with his departure, it'll become a culture at the club that started with the likes of AVB and Rafa.

Fully expecting to see him sacked today about midday.

Theres only so much the board will take with regards the results.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement