Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Fully expecting to see him sacked today about midday.

Theres only so much the board will take with regards the results.

It does feel like the final straw and his comments last night makes you think that he knows it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

He's some corn on the cob :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That post match press conference is one of the clearest indications so far that Mourinho at Chelsea is over, it's just a matter of when. These are the same kind of words he'd give to the media towards the end of his time at Real Madrid. He's angling for his next job, he's putting his reputation before that of the players and the good of the club. He's outright saying that it's the players, not him, that are the problem, in the dressing room, especially the dressing room of a top club which consists of top international players, there's no coming back from this. Time to just cut our losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Fully expecting the same today and if it happens fair enough. I'd rather he stayed still although that's mainly down to there being no-one even in his class available to come in.

Also I'm not really sure what benefit we get from sacking him now, there's no-one coming in mid-season from another club (so it's not like they'll get to start working on a new project earlier), we're not in the running for anything results-wise so even if this sh/te continues it doesn't really cost us anything but on the off chance it does get better before the end of the season at least it means we have a proper decision to make then between what's on the market and Jose.

Fully agreed with what he said last night and with some of the posters in here, we really do have a team of pussies. The amount of games where we're phyiscally bullied and out-worked out of the game is ridiculous. Vardy and co being a great example of that last night but it happens every week, loads of niggly challenges (some fouls but rarely major), and most of our team just sulk lose the ball and sulk about it.

If Hazard feels like he needs to go straight to the dressing-room because of a sore hip fair enough, maybe that where himself, Costa, Oscar, Fab, Ivan etc. belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

hots wrote: »
    Fully expecting the same today and if it happens fair enough. I'd rather he stayed still although that's mainly down to there being no-one even in his class available to come in.

Also I'm not really sure what benefit we get from sacking him now, there's no-one coming in mid-season from another club (so it's not like they'll get to start working on a new project earlier), we're not in the running for anything results-wise so even if this sh/te continues it doesn't really cost us anything but on the off chance it does get better before the end of the season at least it means we have a proper decision to make then between what's on the market and Jose.

Fully agreed with what he said last night and with some of the posters in here, we really do have a team of pussies. The amount of games where we're phyiscally bullied and out-worked out of the game is ridiculous. Vardy and co being a great example of that last night but it happens every week, loads of niggly challenges (some fouls but rarely major), and most of our team just sulk lose the ball and sulk about it.

If Hazard feels like he needs to go straight to the dressing-room because of a sore hip fair enough, maybe that where himself, Costa, Oscar, Fab, Ivan etc. belong.

When Hazard does leave I doubt you will say such things. Very few players in the world have the quality of Hazard, fewer still will move to England and even if you can find one that good willing to move it will take crazy money to get them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

It's down to the incident with the Doctor isn't it. He lost the trust of the players. It's ok for a player to try to play on through an injury, to let on they'd go through a brick wall etc. Part of the managers job is to protect them from that, Mourinho did the opposite. There are certain conventions that must be adhered to no matter who you are. Who does he think he is exactly? At the end of the day he's just a number, he's replaceable. Chelsea were able to win things when he left the first time and they'll win things again when he's gone this time. He says the players betrayed him, they have, but he betrayed them first and it's come back to bite him.

When Hazard does leave I doubt you will say such things. Very few players in the world have the quality of Hazard, fewer still will move to England and even if you can find one that good willing to move it will take crazy money to get them there.

Oh don't get me wrong Hazard on his day is top 10 in the world and I don't want to let that sort of talent stroll out the door at all...

At the same time I don't want someone on the pitch who doesn't want to be there busting his balls (or at least giving the bare minimum of effort). Bearing in mind we have nothing to play for in the league, there's nothing to lose in leaving him to chill on the bench for a while imo, remind him that if he still aspires to be great (even if he doesn't want to be as good and ronaldo or messi) he needs to put the work in.

Haz is different in that respect to Costa as well (I hope). Costa won't be changed, he'll always be a sulky miserable fecker whereas I would hope Hazard can turn it around at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Its kinda of interesting the sort of opprobrium that LVG is coming under and before him Brendan Rodgers yet Jose seems to getting a free ride in the press. look at the ridicule Moyes came under during his tenure at Utd.

Of course Josse has the creds to back it up, but the results this year are so staggeringly bad. Moyes was laughed at for being a EPL winning team from 1st to 7th, on current form Chelsea would be doing well to reach mid table.

The line seems to be that its the players that are at fault, Jose is doing his best. It also is interesting, to me at least, the in the main the fans seems to be siding with Jose. Whilst understandable, the conclusion of that is that it is the players at fault and therefore a complete clearout and rebuild is required. That would indicate a few years, something Utd are really struggling with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

I think its a clever piece of psychology by Abramovich.

last time round, he sacked Mourinho too quickly, he became a martyr and hero in the fan's eyes.

This time round, R.A. is letting results speak. He's allowing Mourinho to hang by his own petard

I suspect if the 10th league defeat happens this month, then RA can ( justifiably) sack him, as he is now an existential threat to the future of the Club.

clever, and correct.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Its kinda of interesting the sort of opprobrium that LVG is coming under and before him Brendan Rodgers yet Jose seems to getting a free ride in the press. look at the ridicule Moyes came under during his tenure at Utd.

Of course Josse has the creds to back it up, but the results this year are so staggeringly bad. Moyes was laughed at for being a EPL winning team from 1st to 7th, on current form Chelsea would be doing well to reach mid table.

The line seems to be that its the players that are at fault, Jose is doing his best. It also is interesting, to me at least, the in the main the fans seems to be siding with Jose. Whilst understandable, the conclusion of that is that it is the players at fault and therefore a complete clearout and rebuild is required. That would indicate a few years, something Utd are really struggling with themselves.

Ah in fairness he's been getting the scrutiny for the last 2/3 months? Rightly so of course but it's not like they're giving him an easy time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Pretty sure the last time Liverpool were concerned about relegation, Chelsea hadn't even formed in the Abramovich's womb

Hodgson wasn't that long ago unfortunately!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

hots wrote: »
    Ah in fairness he's been getting the scrutiny for the last 2/3 months? Rightly so of course but it's not like they're giving him an easy time.

The results are being scrutinised, but how much pressure is Jose being put under either by the fans or the press.

Look at how Rodgers was portrayed in the last few weeks at Liverpool, or how LVG is being talked about in Utd. It seems as if Jose is being given an easier ride due to the acceptance that it is the players to blame.

Just my perception. In the past, especially RA, Jose would have been shown the door weeks ago. The end to last season was a warning sign but like in other teams winning covers a multitude of sins.

I think the selling of Cech to Arsenal was a key point in all of this.

Jose was totally against it and he is being proven to be correct as whilst the 12/15 points claim is impossible to prove there is no doubt that he has added something better to the Arsenal team. The failure to sign Stones was, in my view, the evidence to Jose that he wasn't in charge anymore and he got in a sulk. The Doctor episode was an outcome of this and his players have picked up on the mood and followed suit (probably all being done subconsciously be all concerned).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

peteeeed wrote: »

I think that's good and probably important for Chelsea's future.

Oscar, Fab, Hazard, etc are just trying to get rid of the manager. Players should never be allowed to do that at a club.

Like I said earlier drop them all from the bench.

Next week the team is

Courtois - Zouma - Cahill - Terry - Azpi - Obi - Ramieres - RLC - Willian - Kennedy - Remy

Should be enough to beat Sunderland. Defo won't get relegated.

See how Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Costa respond to the prospect of zero gametime in the six months run up to the Euros.

I really don't like Mourinho but that doesn't make a difference. They all signed for him or for Chelsea. If you have a problem then you wait till the next window and submit a transfer request.

gosplan wrote: »
    I think that's good and probably important for Chelsea's future.

Oscar, Fab, Hazard, etc are just trying to get rid of the manager. Players should never be allowed to do that at a club.

Like I said earlier drop them all from the bench.

Next week the team is

Courtois - Zouma - Cahill - Terry - Azpi - Obi - Ramieres - RLC - Willian - Kennedy - Remy

Should be enough to beat Sunderland. Defo won't get relegated.

See how Hazard, Fabregas, Matic, Costa respond to the prospect of zero gametime in the six months run up to the Euros.

I really don't like Mourinho but that doesn't make a difference. They all signed for him or for Chelsea. If you have a problem then you wait till the next window and submit a transfer request.

When does Mourinho face up to his responsibilities or get called to account? That incident with the Doctor he was totally out of line, should've been sacked for that, did he even apologise for it?

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The results are being scrutinised, but how much pressure is Jose being put under either by the fans or the press.

Look at how Rodgers was portrayed in the last few weeks at Liverpool, or how LVG is being talked about in Utd. It seems as if Jose is being given an easier ride due to the acceptance that it is the players to blame.

Just my perception. In the past, especially RA, Jose would have been shown the door weeks ago. The end to last season was a warning sign but like in other teams winning covers a multitude of sins.

I think the selling of Cech to Arsenal was a key point in all of this.

Jose was totally against it and he is being proven to be correct as whilst the 12/15 points claim is impossible to prove there is no doubt that he has added something better to the Arsenal team. The failure to sign Stones was, in my view, the evidence to Jose that he wasn't in charge anymore and he got in a sulk. The Doctor episode was an outcome of this and his players have picked up on the mood and followed suit (probably all being done subconsciously be all concerned).

I think the question has been asked about him getting the sack for the last 3 months anyway. For LVG it's down to him "not doing it the Utd way" and with a few bum results it's tougher to ignore the ugly football. With the amount of money spent (I hate raising it but that's something they throw out all the time) and some of the quality on the team the ability is there to play sexy football but LVG is choosing not to (as opposed to Chelsea I guess where we're actually aspiring to get to the LVG stage at the moment nevermind sexy football).

For Rodgers he didn't have the pedigree behind him to be given much of a free run once the poor results came. Also probably some credence behind the press not wanting Mourinho out, sure without our scandals/ shiy form/ general bastardness what would Sky have to talk about?! :)

Oh and on Cech I don't think Jose wanted to sell him either but it was still the right decision imo... now had Begovic turned out to be sh/te and Mourinho was throwing the toys out the pram now Cech might be more significant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Alot of people on here are putting Oscar in the same boat as hazard Costa etc. From what I can see he is one of the players that gives his all in every game.

Funny aswel the way Remy gets a rare few mins and scores.. if Remy doesn't start the next game then I don't know what to say about jose

TheCitizen wrote: »
    When does Mourinho face up to his responsibilities or get called to account? That incident with the Doctor he was totally out of line, should've been sacked for that, did he even apologise for it?

That's the job of the owner or the board.

I'm not backing Mourinho.

I just think that having a club where players can dictate whether a manager stays or goes isn't good.

If I was Abramovic, I'd be doing my best to think long term. the three appointments before Jose (AVB, Di Matteo, Rafa) were unsuccessful.

Hiddink has been there, Ancelotti has been there.

They are actually running out of managers to offer the job to.

I think that things that have contributed to this were the success of the player backlash vrs AVB, the whole 'interim manager' thing with Rafa and now the current issues of players being thoroughly unprofessional in the hope of getting the manager sacked.

That's an issue that will long outlive Jose.

Fegie had it right. Manager has absolute power. Answers to chairman and board only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Getting swamped by the amount of horse$hite being spouted on this thread by fans of other clubs, get your own $hite sorted before coming on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I am not a fan of any EPL club, totally from a neutral point of view there is no way Chelsea should have gone this low from last season. Jose hasn't changed tactics or do anything radical, and so many players can't be having a downturn in form at the same time, and for that reason I would agree that a certain number of players are giving their all, for whatever reason?

But it does look like a case of player power kicking in, and the end result is usually a manager leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Alot of people on here are putting Oscar in the same boat as hazard Costa etc. From what I can see he is one of the players that gives his all in every game.

Funny aswel the way Remy gets a rare few mins and scores.. if Remy doesn't start the next game then I don't know what to say about jose

Oscar tries but hes pretty pants, hes gone through a worse run than Hazard, while he scored 1 goal, hes not had an assist or goal since the opening day of the season. If Juventus want him, ship him off.

Remy, is like Oscar, hes useless. He had 2 half chances, 1 he fluffed wide and the 2nd he tried to flick around a defender and it was a heavy touch and bounced to the GK.

I'll give him props for scoring though, Costa wouldnt have been on the end of that cross because hes too interested in faffing around with it outside the box.

That's the job of the owner or the board.

I'm not backing Mourinho.

I just think that having a club where players can dictate whether a manager stays or goes isn't good.

If I was Abramovic, I'd be doing my best to think long term. the three appointments before Jose (AVB, Di Matteo, Rafa) were unsuccessful.

Hiddink has been there, Ancelotti has been there.

They are actually running out of managers to offer the job to.

I think that things that have contributed to this were the success of the player backlash vrs AVB, the whole 'interim manager' thing with Rafa and now the current issues of players being thoroughly unprofessional in the hope of getting the manager sacked.

That's an issue that will long outlive Jose.

Fegie had it right. Manager has absolute power. Answers to chairman and board only.

Part of a managers job is to get the players pulling with him as one team, it's a big part of the gig. Mourinho has lost them in this instance. He's not irreplaceable, Chelsea can and have won things without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

duploelabs wrote: »
    Getting swamped by the amount of horse$hite being spouted on this thread by fans of other clubs, get your own $hite sorted before coming on here

You do realise that this is probably the biggest story in European Club football this season don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    I think its a clever piece of psychology by Abramovich.

last time round, he sacked Mourinho too quickly, he became a martyr and hero in the fan's eyes.

This time round, R.A. is letting results speak. He's allowing Mourinho to hang by his own petard

I suspect if the 10th league defeat happens this month, then RA can ( justifiably) sack him, as he is now an existential threat to the future of the Club.

clever, and correct.

Been thinking that for a while now, this season is dead and changing manager in all likelyhood will not make it any better. If things do not improve Jose will be gone before the window opens in January to give the new guy a chance to change the team with an eye on survival and the CL.

Roman made a martyr of him once he is obviously not going to do it again, unless we win most games between now and New Years day he is gone for sure.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I am not a fan of any EPL club, totally from a neutral point of view there is no way Chelsea should have gone this low from last season. Jose hasn't changed tactics or do anything radical, and so many players can't be having a downturn in form at the same time, and for that reason I would agree that a certain number of players are giving their all, for whatever reason?

But it does look like a case of player power kicking in, and the end result is usually a manager leaving.

The usual player power line was trotted out when people like Ballack, Lamps, Cech, JT apparently used to run to Roman and the board and got managers sacked.

This group has no power or command and their results and performances in the last 4 months show that.

If anything theyre downing tools or not playing to their full potential, theyre not , IMO, matching any other teams intensity or work rate for whatever reason.

If a few of them are doing it in the hope of getting Jose the chop before the end of the year its a dangerous game, if the board stick by Jose to the summer, there'll be a cull.

It wont be 9 or 10 players but it could well be 3 or 4, as teams will make half a dozen changes anyway and if we get all the right players lined up nice and early we'll be grand for next year.

I think you are being very harsh on Eyebrows Gav excellent manager who did not deserve to be sacked when he was. Won our first double had the heart ripped out of his team and not replaced and still got us second no he did a wonderful job with us would have him back in a heartbeat.

Part of a managers job is to get the players pulling with him as one team, it's a big part of the gig. Mourinho has lost them in this instance. He's not irreplaceable, Chelsea can and have won things without him.

No, I know that but I think this goes further.

The difference between an effective manager and ineffective manage for Chelsea is probably 1st place vrs 6th place.

This relegation stuff is off the scale though. The players are trying to lose matches and get him sacked.

The difference between an effective manager and ineffective manage for Chelsea is probably 1st place vrs 6th place.

This relegation stuff is off the scale though. The players are trying to lose matches and get him sacked.

So what do they do now? They get rid of these expensive players in a cutprice cull to keep the manager?

It's easier to get rid of the manager and start a new slate. Would be awful messy to do it the other way, unless Mourinho would be prepared to work with kids for a long spell. Didn't he get into a hump in the first place because they didn't buy big last summer?

So what do they do now? They get rid of these expensive players in a cutprice cull to keep the manager?

It's easier to get rid of the manager and start a new slate. Would be awful messy to do it the other way, unless Mourinho would be prepared to work with kids for a long spell. Didn't he get into a hump in the first place because they didn't buy big last summer?

In fairness he apparently outlined areas that needed strengthening and pretty much every Chelsea supporter could see that. We won the league before Christmas last season and just limped over the line really (well that and other teams doing exactly what they are doing this season for a consistency point of view) but we knew we had severe difficulties in defence, a partner for Matic and attack. He was not backed but we should not be anywhere close to where we are disaster for us should be around 5th or 6th. Though in an odd sort of way this is a very interesting position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

You can't honestly believe that though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

You can't honestly believe that though

Realistically, he's not far off the mark.

Not bothering your ar$e might not be "trying to lose matches", but it's the next best thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

I havent commented much in past few months... but I have to say I'm disgusted with last nights performance. That is a team that has no self belief but more obviously has no commitment, no heart or desire, no honour or pride. A collection of individuals who have no interest in playing. A manager who seems more determined to get a club relegated than admit he is wrong in selections and tactics, a manager unable to motivate a team, a section of fans who are deluded that he can turn it around and unwilling to accept the club can and will go on without him

rant over

Everyone knows the club will be fine without Jose, but given the option between sticking with him and getting rid of him and bringing in an inferior option, its a no brainer IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Have the players become bad players since last season?

Have the players stopped being a good team since last season?

Has Jose become a bad manager since last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

no he shouldnt have. cop on. a non issue

Hes not being sacked yet anyway, I genuinely assumed he'd be given the chop today.

Win Saturday and we're back in it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

On a side note, it's sad to see Mourinho's legacy being hurt like this. He will still rightly be lauded as one the GOAT when he finishes but this spell is going to be a real black mark against him.

I think that's the least of Chelsea fans' concerns at the minute though.

fozz10 wrote: »
    no he shouldnt have. cop on. a non issue

Isn't that what's part of his fall out with this group of players, certainly not a non issue by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Hes not being sacked yet anyway, I genuinely assumed he'd be given the chop today.

Win Saturday and we're back in it. :pac:

I assume once the decision has been made to sack him, the next step will be to work out a compo package. Those things can take time to reach an agreement. i reckon he'll be gone by tonight/tomorrow although I wouldn't be putting my house on it.

Blatter wrote: »
    On a side note, it's sad to see Mourinho's legacy being hurt like this. He will still rightly be lauded as one the GOAT when he finishes but this spell is going to be a real black mark against him.

I think that's the least of Chelsea fans' concerns at the minute though.

He might not if he has a poor next spell, he'll need longevity somewhere along the way to fall into that category imo.

Blatter wrote: »
    I assume once the decision has been made to sack him, the next step will be to work out a compo package. Those things can take time to reach an agreement. i reckon he'll be gone by tonight/tomorrow although I wouldn't be putting my house on it.

I dont think theyre going to get rid of him at this stage being honest.

The board didnt back him in the summer
    He made a poor call with pre-season and its start date
    Players assumed it would be easy this year

Blame is spread around the club really but its much easier to change a manager and his coaching staff than it is a squad of 25 or for senior board members to say they were wrong.

If he is given until the summer I dont want any panic buys or squad fillersin January, its a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

It's down to the incident with the Doctor isn't it. He lost the trust of the players. It's ok for a player to try to play on through an injury, to let on they'd go through a brick wall etc. Part of the managers job is to protect them from that, Mourinho did the opposite. There are certain conventions that must be adhered to no matter who you are. Who does he think he is exactly? At the end of the day he's just a number, he's replaceable. Chelsea were able to win things when he left the first time and they'll win things again when he's gone this time. He says the players betrayed him, they have, but he betrayed them first and it's come back to bite him.

I know that all teams can have poor pre-seasons but if you ask anybody here who watched some of the games, they'll tell you that the problems stems from before the Doctor incident. They were atrocious, they even lost to a NY red bulls reserve team.

My thinking is that maybe after the Spurs humbling, Mourinho convinced the players that the more conservative method was the way to see things out. They all got on board with it, having been told or else led to believe that if they get over the line and win the league playing ugly football, that Mourinho would revert back to the stylish football of the first half of the season, and all would be good again.
    I reckon that once pre-season started, and the players seen that he was practicing 'negative' methods, that they just started to lose faith from there. If you think about it, although they started back later than the rest in pre-season, they looked extremely unfit at the start. Maybe they just wern't arsed, as has been mentioned.

Either that, or else there was a massive falling out over something trivial on the post-season tour, and things have never recovered from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

rottie 11 wrote: »

Remy is a great player. He's very similar to Chicarito in that he's very clinical and will usually put a chance away. I hope that if Mourinho leaves, that it's not too late to convince Remy to stay, because the way he has been treated up until now has been cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

For you lads that want to back him and get rid of players instead are you not worried about the fact this seems to have happened at every club.

As in if you do keep him ,clear out a load of players and spent a fortune building a new one what then if you go on win a league and end up back in this situation in another 2/3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cmon Jose. Drop everyone bar Tbo, Zouma, Dave, and Willian. Let them be the spine.
    Play the youth, play the medical staff, play anyone, just get a fricking performance out of those shower of lachichicos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's down to the incident with the Doctor isn't it. .

Dam Timelords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hazard still in pain well after the game. Scans due today. I think many fans were too quick to turn on him. He looked in genuine pain when he tried to come back on, I don't see how people can make judgements based on just TV footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Honestly I think they are waiting until the Sunderland game to save him being humbled by getting sacked after a game against Ranieri.

If he gets a result he might prolong it another week. I think we'll lose though.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Remy is a great player. He's very similar to Chicarito in that he's very clinical and will usually put a chance away. I hope that if Mourinho leaves, that it's not too late to convince Remy to stay, because the way he has been treated up until now has been cruel.

At times I'd porefer Remy, hes quicker than Costa dn more likely to stay in the bloody area, he is less likely to be involved in build up play though.

However, I'd play him this weekend against Sunderland, hes scored and seems up for a bit of a fight, in fact I'd start him at Hazards expense if hes injured and play him wide left.

If we go 1 down then we'd have 2 CFs on the pitch alright and be able to go 2 up top without shuffling the pack too much.

My team would be
    Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Ramires Matic
    Kenedy Willian Remy
    Costa

Change it up for goals if we have to in the 2nd half, bring on Cesc and whip Azp, go to 4-3-1-2

Courtois
    Ramires Zouma JT Ivan
    Willian Matic Kenedy
    Cesc
    Costa Remy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement