Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

For you lads that want to back him and get rid of players instead are you not worried about the fact this seems to have happened at every club.

As in if you do keep him ,clear out a load of players and spent a fortune building a new one what then if you go on win a league and end up back in this situation in another 2/3 years

This is worse than anyhting hes ever faced, maybe the media was right, half the squad was knocking off Eva so hes pi**ed um all off by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I don't care who the manager is. Professional players should not be allowed to dictate terms or get managers fired. They get paid stupid amounts of money and I expect them to give 200% every second they are on the pitch.

I'd rather get relegated then establish a precedent that players can do whatever they like. Just like Man Utd did with De Gea and Real Madrid.

Bench the lot and start youth players. I'm completely behind Jose in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This has to land at the manager's door. He is responsible for how they perform, how they respond to adversity, how they get on with each other and with him.

One or 2 players, you could side with the manager and say they are bad eggs and sideline them.

There is an epidemic of bad eggs at Chelsea and the only way to corrrect that is to clear out the cause. Jose has to go.

The problem is the players. They didn't like when AVB came in and tried to build a new team. The old guard got him fired. That set a precedent and an example. So now they try the same thing with Jose.

Unacceptable. We need to stamp it out.

greendom wrote: »
    This has to land at the manager's door. He is responsible for how they perform, how they respond to adversity, how they get on with each other and with him.

One or 2 players, you could side with the manager and say they are bad eggs and sideline them.

There is an epidemic of bad eggs at Chelsea and the only way to corrrect that is to clear out the cause. Jose has to go.

Not that simple, everyone is to blame, some more than others.

It would also be easy to blame the Utd players for failure under Moyes, the board did and sacked him, LVG is doing margainally better with a more costly squad yet he isnt getting sacked anytime soon.

Sometimes the root of the problem isnt as black and white as it seems, if the best manager in the league cant work it out, a couple of blokes on the internet have no chance.

I've no problem backing him until the bitter end anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Given the pressure any Real, Inter or Chelsea manager is under, coupled with the media glare as well as the additional attention and scrutiny Mourinho tends to draw upon any club, the guy must be close to burn out.

Aside from his brief break after leaving Chelsea first time round, he's been consumed by his work since his Porto days. Granted other managers have been at it longer, but none with the intensity, media pressure or ongoing crisis's Mourinho and his respective clubs seem to generate.

He hasn't become a bad manager over night, but I'd question the rationale behind many of his decisions over the last year, and attribute it largely to burn out and a resulting inability to see the wood from the trees. The situation with the Doctor in particular seems very misjudged on his part.

A year out to rest, regroup and put things in perspective would do him the world of good, no doubt he'd come back stronger.

Memnoch wrote: »
    The problem is the players. They didn't like when AVB came in and tried to build a new team. The old guard got him fired. That set a precedent and an example. So now they try the same thing with Jose.

I'd agree with ya regarding the players but as I said apart from JT, Ivan, Cahill and Ramires, none of these guys played for AVB.

Now, the players and I've no doubt they break into little factions, can easily sway a small groups mentality, lets say Cesc says hes Pi**ed off with Jose for this and that, that probably turns Costa, Pedros opinion, maybe not Azp, he seems like he loves the club. If there is a player issue its only going to be a small amount of them acting up and probably spreading it throughout their own little group.

Again, its a theory but at no club should players have power, it ran out Scolari and AVB, on the other hand, the players and fans were all behind Di Matteo but the board wanted rid of him and brought in Rafa who then went on to cause more issues for the squad and fans, the opposite to Di Matteo.

So the group can be influenced, some clearly stood up and didnt like Rafa and maybe the embers of that are still quietly smouldering in the background under Jose.

Whether it's the players fault or José's, the blame has to lie at José 's door. He is not able to manage his players anymore. He can't do what he is paid to do.

greendom wrote: »
    Whether it's the players fault or José's, the blame has to lie at José 's door. He is not able to manage his players anymore. He can't do what he is paid to do.

If I refuse to or slack up in my work place tomorrow does my manager get fired for me not meeting deadlines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not that simple, everyone is to blame, some more than others.

It would also be easy to blame the Utd players for failure kinder Moyes, the board did and sacked him, LVG is doing margainally better with a more costly squad yet he isnt getting sacked anytime soon.

Sometimes the root of the problem isnt as black and white as it seems, if the best manager in the league cant work it out, a couple of blokes on the internet have no chance.

I've no problem backing him until the bitter end anyway.

I'd be for backing him too. Just wish he'd say eff it and drop the non performing players.(he's nout to lose!)
    I'd rather see a team of younger lads busting a gut and win/lose over seeing high earning players stroll around like its a Sunday afternoon match with the boys.
    If he needs time out to refocus away from the limelight, sound go do it. Come back when your ready Jose!
    And bring back Clarke and Wilkins too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Memnoch wrote: »

But sure who's even left from the old guard? Terry loves Jose so it's not like it's him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If I refuse to or slack up in my work place tomorrow does my manager get fired for me not meeting deadlines?
    No, but if 10 of you do that then the owner will probably come to the conclusion that the manager is failing at his job.

Blatter wrote: »
    No, but if 10 of you do that then the owner will probably come to the conclusion that the manager is failing at his job.

I wish it was 10, its about 15 under performing or having no consistency from last year.

hots wrote: »
    But sure who's even left from the old guard? Terry loves Jose so it's not like it's him...

Can only be Mikel....

Screw you Mikel!
    (It's not Mikel)

Ya, that was my point, its not JT and a player with 6months left on his deal, JT and Ivanovic both, are probably not in the position to be rocking the boat.

I don't know but questions would be asked of the manager if the whole (or the majority) of the workforce did.

It's not about who's left or not. It's about a culture and an identity. If you have a club where players can refuse to perform and get managers fired then it's going to be noticed and the next set of players will try the same thing. If the players know that the club will back the manager and their tantrums will only hurt their own reputations and value then the threshold for this kind of behaviour will be much higher.

Obviously you have to be pragmatic sometimes, but we've nothing to lose this season anyways now we're here. The youths and reserves will keep us out of relegation no problem. Let Hazard and co sit on the bench for six months before the euros. They'll sharpen up long before then IMO.

We need a SAF type reign to build a powerful legacy. Mourinho can do that for us IMO. I don't see what Jose's done that's warranted this player strike.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd be for backing him too. Just wish he'd say eff it and drop the non performing players.(he's nout to lose!)
    I'd rather see a team of younger lads busting a gut and win/lose over seeing high earning players stroll around like its a Sunday afternoon match with the boys.
    If he needs time out to refocus away from the limelight, sound go do it. Come back when your ready Jose!

Someone said it earlier, might have been Blatter,

We could play a different team on Saturday,

Courtois
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman
    Ramires Matic
    Willian RLC Kenedy
    Remy

Something like that shouold have more than enough to beat Sunderland at home.

Hazard is probably not going to play, whether hes injured or dropped is another issue but that leaves one space open, Oscar was and is pants for the best part of 18months so #10 is needed.

He doesnt trust Cesc to throw it around and track people so he wont play him CM or #10 it seems.

He said before the Leicester game he was going to make changes but he felt he owed it to the players that played so well to give them a game, well they left him down.

Its time for him to start dropping more of them, when Cesc was dropped it seemed like we might have more steel, we do but we're still leaving in goals and leaving people get in shots, look at Kante last night, always engaing and willing to tackle and block shots, Matic is too heavy legged to do it and Ramires is brain dead but has the ability to do it.

The defenders are afraid to commit as theyre all slow as f**k bar Zouma so they stand off people.

Its time for him to start dropping more of them, when Cesc was dropped it seemed like we might have more steel, we do but we're still leaving in goals and leaving people get in shots, look at Kante last night, always engaing and willing to tackle and block shots, Matic is too heavy legged to do it and Ramires is brain dead but has the ability to do it.

The defenders are afraid to commit as theyre all slow as f**k bar Zouma so they stand off people.

Kante was actually the exact opposite of pretty much our entire team the other night, bags of effort, willing to throw his weight around and gave 100% in every challenge and when he had the ball consistently found Mahrez/Albrighton/the other CM who I've forgotten. He must have won 3/4 challenges in the first 15 minutes where Chelsea players were just outcontested (and not "light" players like Oscar or Haz, Matic and Ivanovic were guilty of 2).

• Advertisement

Kante was actually the exact opposite of pretty much our entire team the other night, bags of effort, willing to throw his weight around and gave 100% in every challenge and when he had the ball consistently found Mahrez/Albrighton/the other CM who I've forgotten. He must have won 3/4 challenges in the first 15 minutes where Chelsea players were just outcontested (and not "light" players like Oscar or Haz, Matic and Ivanovic were guilty of 2).

Saturday will be interesting to say the least, the players are playing with fear, theyve no confidence.

He seems to have gotten a pass for now but another loss on Saturday and its curtains for Jose.

Saturday will be interesting to say the least, the players are playing with fear, theyve no confidence.

He seems to have gotten a pass for now but another loss on Saturday and its curtains for Jose.

A mixture of fear and not giving a f/ck. For the ones who genuinely are just lacking confidence Jose's words the other night won't be of any benefit but for those who need a kick up the hole it might have some effect? He really does need to find 11 players who can get a result on Saturday, either motivating good players to get back to average or getting our 'worse' (as if that's possible) players to play to their best. Or heaven forbid chuck some kids out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think a Hail Mary from Jose is the only thing that could save him now, either we demolish Sunderland or else it's curtains

I'd take a sneaky 1 - 0 at this stage.

Any win is a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I was surprised at Mourinho using terms like "betrayal" after the game. Normally he's very protective of his players, using diversionary tactics (having a pop at the ref, the media etc etc) to take the heat off his players. Much as I hated Ferguson (still do, actually!), he'd never hang his players out to dry in such a public fashion.

blueser wrote: »
    I was surprised at Mourinho using terms like "betrayal" after the game. Normally he's very protective of his players, using diversionary tactics (having a pop at the ref, the media etc etc) to take the heat off his players. Much as I hated Ferguson (still do, actually!), he'd never hang his players out to dry in such a public fashion.

He should have said "they're fcukin pants" and walked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

know him personally ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Panthro wrote: »

Yep. Just give the others a chance to win half of the rest of the points on offer. Should be doable. Help them grow in a season that's a write off, and ship the traitors out.

If Jose can blood the players and get the results in the EPL and throw them in the deep end against PSG, leave him at it. If RA will give him that space, Jose won't really need time out. It might even be fun, compared with trying to get blood out of stones like Costa and Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Isn't that what's part of his fall out with this group of players, certainly not a non issue by the looks of things.

fallen out with who exactly? players the media have said? must be true so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

fozz10 wrote: »
    fallen out with who exactly? players the media have said? must be true so.
    Well; it's patently not a question of the quality of the players they have. They strolled to the title last season, and they haven't become carthorses in six months. And it's not the quality of the manager; Mourinho's trophy haul speaks for itself. So, what is going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Well; it's patently not a question of the quality of the players they have. They strolled to the title last season, and they haven't become carthorses in six months. And it's not the quality of the manager; Mourinho's trophy haul speaks for itself. So, what is going on there?

A poisoned dressing room is what's happened. A mix of rubbish pre season, the Eva situation and no transfer backing. He has lost authority and needs to drop hazard, Costa , Oscar, Ivan and cesc permanently. Assuming we sold them in the summer, that's 100 million euro to reinvest in the likes of stones, Barkley, cavani etc and play rlc, traore, remy and Falcao.
    Otherwise sack Jose and get Carlo in to give the boys a kiss and a cuddle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So I was participating in a pub quiz tonight , as a joke we named ourselves "Mourinho Out!" ,
    We won ! :o

Bottle of Ballantines whisky ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd agree. This has gone on far too long and is now a systemic failure. He is faltering and needs to go. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Someone said it earlier, might have been Blatter,

We could play a different team on Saturday,

Courtois
    Azp Zouma JT Rahman
    Ramires Matic
    Willian RLC Kenedy
    Remy

Something like that shouold have more than enough to beat Sunderland at home.

Hazard is probably not going to play, whether hes injured or dropped is another issue but that leaves one space open, Oscar was and is pants for the best part of 18months so #10 is needed.

He doesnt trust Cesc to throw it around and track people so he wont play him CM or #10 it seems.

He said before the Leicester game he was going to make changes but he felt he owed it to the players that played so well to give them a game, well they left him down.

CM partnership is no question the best we have right now. May not have cutting edge , defense splitting passes but you wont get past em easy and they will get the job done. Fabs has a lot to do to earn his spot back into the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

List of players that have left since Joses return:

Kevin De Bruyne, David Luiz, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku, Andre Schurrle, Ryan Bertrand, Mohamed Salah, Luis Filipe and Juan Cuadrado

From an article in the Indo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Garzorico wrote: »

Kevin De Bruyne, David Luiz, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku, Andre Schurrle, Ryan Bertrand, Mohamed Salah, Luis Filipe and Juan Cuadrado

well Salah & Cuadrado are still officially chelsea players , i'd also say that we got good money for those transfers

50m luiz
    30m lukaku
    30m de bruyne (with the sell on clause added from the man city deal)

Problem is at least 3 of those wanted to leave, KDB, Lukaku and Schurrle, for varying reasons.

Being honest, I'd rather have kept Schurrle than buy Salah, Cuadrado and Pedro but Schurrle wanted regular 1st team football.

CHELSEA TO MAKE VERRATTI BID

Chelsea have reportedly made an offer for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti.

Several morning papers claim the Blues, who are languishing 16th in the Premier League, believe the arrival of Verratti can give the club the lift they need.

Jose Mourinho is desperate to add new faces to help turn around his side’s fortunes.

And according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, midfield ace Verratti has been offered the chance to join the club.

Chelsea duo Cesc Fabregas and Oscar have struggled to match their form from last season when Mourinho’s side claimed a domestic double of Premier League title and Capital One Cup.

The arrival of Italy international Verratti would give a boost to the Blues in the centre of the park.

The player is also being tracked by Arsenal and Barcelona, according to reports.

The Daily Star, however, has a very different view on Mourinho and claim he will not be given funds to bring in new players in January as Roman Abramovich decides whether to sack him or not.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-arsenal-eye-inter-star-chelsea-want-verratti

Only Lukaku and De Bruyne would be nice to have back tbh and even then, at the time it was the right call (definitely for Lukaku, maybe more patience needed for KDB). Luiz is not the standard and was heaps, Mata doesn't fit the style at all and with the slight decline in form for Utd his form has plummeted. Schurrle doesn't get a game and has been poor since he left, Bertrand isn't top quality and wouldn't have progressed without the first team football Southampton have given him (would have him back in the squad now though).

Salah, Luis and Cuadrado were all poor purchases imo, glad to be rid of them for relatively small losses but whoever was picking those lads needs a serious looking at.

peteeeed wrote: »
    CHELSEA TO MAKE VERRATTI BID

Chelsea have reportedly made an offer for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti.

Several morning papers claim the Blues, who are languishing 16th in the Premier League, believe the arrival of Verratti can give the club the lift they need.

Jose Mourinho is desperate to add new faces to help turn around his side’s fortunes.

And according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, midfield ace Verratti has been offered the chance to join the club.

Chelsea duo Cesc Fabregas and Oscar have struggled to match their form from last season when Mourinho’s side claimed a domestic double of Premier League title and Capital One Cup.

The arrival of Italy international Verratti would give a boost to the Blues in the centre of the park.

The player is also being tracked by Arsenal and Barcelona, according to reports.

The Daily Star, however, has a very different view on Mourinho and claim he will not be given funds to bring in new players in January as Roman Abramovich decides whether to sack him or not.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-arsenal-eye-inter-star-chelsea-want-verratti

Yes please!! In beside Matic he would be unreal and is actually a player with a bit of grit about him and who has been playing at the right level. Would cost an arm and a leg though.

I'd love Veratti, but I dont think we'd get him, even if we were winning the EPL by a few points and 100% no chance in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

It still sickens me when i look at players we let go under mourinho.

I was delighted when we finally made Romelu's dream come true and saw him as our future Drogba.

But the likes of Mata Debruyne and Luiz would be very welcome in th squad this season.
    Said so many times id love Luiz in beside Matic and leave Mata as a free player in the 10 role.

When Mourinho sold these players i taught he knew what he was doing when we start running away with the league early last season but we have been terrible for a year now.

Im actually torn with do we give Mou more time to change the team or will he end up selling Hazard and Kenedy and Loftus cheek and all the other players i like to watch with a ball.
    Do we let him continue on and buy players like Costa or even Cuadrado/Salah?

The game against Leister was the first game in a long long time where i actually wanted to turn the match off, it is getting painfull to watch!

Think its being discussed as part of a wider agenda.

Anyway, losing to Leicester away isnt that bad, its the loss at home to Bournemouth that was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Think its being discussed as part of a wider agenda.

Anyway, losing to Leicester away isnt that bad, its the loss at home to Bournemouth that was a joke.

I would imagine it pretty high up the agenda though Gav.

Cant imagine it falling under Any Other Business somehow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Juan Ramos being linked??

Hes probably also being saved by the fact theres no other outstanding candidates available and the club have learned from appointing someone the fans dont want to get behind.

If Jose is sacked it will be Di Matteo/Rafa Mk II in terms of what the support will be like at the Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I know im more than likley on my own on this but i wouldn mind seen Rodgers givin a go untill the season is out. He plays (sorry trys to play) nice football. He just didnt have the players at liverpool to exacute it and he spunked a load of cash on the wrong/3rd choice players. Think he would do better as our coach with the backing of Roman and Micko.

Other than that we have Hiddink for the rest of the season, think he is too old now to take over perminant. As much as any other CFC fan i do love him but i think taking a chance on Rodgers could pay off and we have nothing to lose.

As for other candidates i think only Pep and Simone would interest me. Carlo was hard to watch the season he was sacked, our tactics and playing style was numbing.Id like to see some one givin a chance at a big club like Chelsea.

Well if we can sign Sturridge and get him fit and sign Suarez too, we'll have a chance under Rodgers.

I think I'd prefer Moyes over Rodgers and thats saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I think I'd prefer Moyes over Rodgers and thats saying something.

I think I'd prefer not to read this type of thing in the Chelsea thread at all :pac:

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer not to read this type of thing in the Chelsea thread at all :pac:

Well then brace yourself........

News and by news I mean BS so far, is that Ancelotti is taking over from Pep at the end of the year and Pep is heading to the EPL.

Ive no doubt Pep will end up here at some stage so is it going to be City, Utd or Arsenal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement