Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well if we can sign Sturridge and get him fit and sign Suarez too, we'll have a chance under Rodgers.

I think I'd prefer Moyes over Rodgers and thats saying something.

GavRedKing....OUT!!:pac:
    Anymore of this craic and I'll petition to have you removed from the internet entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I get all the anti Rodgers comments, but who do we get in if Mou is turfed out?

We keep Mou and let him change the squad again? Who does he sell Costa Fab Hazard Oscar? Who replaces them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what a day wrote: »

We keep Mou and let him change the squad again? Who does he sell Costa Fab Hazard Oscar? Who replaces them?

Costa < anyone. Stick Ivan up front. They say once you go Loic you never go...something or other.
    Fab < A light summers breeze or failing that, Ramires, RLC
    Hazard < come on you Kenedy! I hear Mahrez for Leicester is good (heh hemm! Cheeky!)
    Oscar < A nice pair of pants that doesn't disappoint every second game or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well those are the questions that Jose or a new manager has to answer.

My take, and I've taught about for a day or two now.

1st option, we sack Jose and bring in another manager, hes not going to know the politics of the dressing room, the little cliques that have formed and wont know who to get rid of without haing a good look at the squad, a new manager may only see one or two weak areas and may react accordingly but it may take some time to do, now, a new manager may also decide a clear out is needed, which leads me onto the 2nd option.

2nd option, keep Jose, he knows whats needed from the squad, hes worked with the majority of thhem for 3 years, he knows what can be improved , what players need to go, who needs to be brought in and can do ti much quicker than a new hire who may give some players a clean slate.

Its not just those players being the problem but those 4 alone would raise funds in excess of 150m.

Costa - Solanke/Cavani/Ibra/Morata
    Fabregas - RLC/Veratti
    Hazard - Kenedy/Texeira
    Oscar - Pogba/Isco
    New CB - Stones

One thing is clear though, we're going to have to spend a bucket load to get back up the table and fill the squad with quality, not quantity.

My mind is clearly in the 2nd option camp, back the manager until the bitter end, theres nobody else I'd want in charge of the club being honest and thats not going to changem even if Jose guides us to 17th via a last minute winner in the last game of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

peteeeed wrote: »
    well Salah & Cuadrado are still officially chelsea players , i'd also say that we got good money for those transfers

50m luiz
    30m lukaku
    30m de bruyne (with the sell on clause added from the man city deal)

My point is they haven't been replaced with like for like and almost all are performing better now than under Mourinho. Pity.

Garzorico wrote: »
    My point is they haven't been replaced with like for like and almost all are performing better now than under Mourinho. Pity.

true in part but zouma is better than luiz but buying stones will be expensive if we get him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Garzorico wrote: »

Lukaku and De Bruyne are the only ones who have improved? Maybe Bertrand too but still not to a standard where he'd be playing for us...

true in part but zouma is better than luiz but buying stones will be expensive if we get him

Given Utds injury record to CBs and City relying on Kompany, I reckon Stones will end up in one of those clubs and it will be for an eye watering figure, probably 45-55m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I know im more than likley on my own on this but i wouldn mind seen Rodgers givin a go untill the season is out. He plays (sorry trys to play) nice football. He just didnt have the players at liverpool to exacute it and he spunked a load of cash on the wrong/3rd choice players. Think he would do better as our coach with the backing of Roman and Micko.

Other than that we have Hiddink for the rest of the season, think he is too old now to take over perminant. As much as any other CFC fan i do love him but i think taking a chance on Rodgers could pay off and we have nothing to lose.

As for other candidates i think only Pep and Simone would interest me. Carlo was hard to watch the season he was sacked, our tactics and playing style was numbing.Id like to see some one givin a chance at a big club like Chelsea.

Yes

:)

• Advertisement

imo there's no benefit in sacking Jose now, even if the board want rid. Either don't back him in Jan and ditch in the summer or do back him in Jan and commit to at least another 2 seasons. An interim coach is a waste of everyone's time, unless you're talking about someone who could pave the way for the next coach (á la Giggs) but I can't see a candidate that would fit that for us.

FWIW, I dont think he'll be backed in January, maybe if he kicks up a serious fuss for a CF in the window but we'll probably end up with someone like Charlie Austin whos HG and wouldnt cost a small fortune.

Im all for backing him to the absolute hilt in the summer and hopefully we get our business done early like the start of the title winning season, if it goes tits up then in about October and Jose is still in charge he doesnt get another chance and will be turfed out.

These meetings that are being held, reportedly anyway, will include Joses and the teams performances but could also be about new transfer targets and contracts too.

Theres no doubt we need new blood and quality too but the club isnt going to be relegated and we're not getting 4th so we'll just be making up the numbers until next season. I know how it fels to be a fan of about 75% of the teams in the league now, or what it was like supporting Chelsea in the 90's :pac:

Good win for the u-18s in the FA youth cup 6-1 , Abraham hatrick

Remember spending big in January on Torres and Cuadrado, I reckon Roman still has nightmares about signing those cheques.

No way we'll get a large transfer fund in January unless a player leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

A CB has to be a priority I guess.

Lots of rumours that 29m will get Texeira

Lukker- wrote: »

29m seems pretty ok for a good quality player, could be a buy out clause perhaps?

I agree on a CB, especially as its going to be a long term solution to a very serious problem.

Huge problem is though, quality CBs are very thin on the ground and ones that are good will go for mad money, I dont think Stones will be shifted middle of the season, maybe in the summer but it will be for much more than what we bid this summer just gone, we really missed a trick in trying to get him in.

Everton clearly didnt want to sell and even at a reported 42m bid, I think we'd have overpaid but its gonna cost an extra 10-15m on top of that to get him in the summer.

Our only hope is to turn his head early and before the Euros because if he has a good Euros the price will go up even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd only be in favour of a big January signing(s) if they weren't expected to save our season

Someone like Alex Teixeira could do with a few months to adjust to the league, why not give him from January to the end of this season to do that

Same goes for anyone not from England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I know im more than likley on my own on this but i wouldn mind seen Rodgers givin a go untill the season is out.
    I'm sure the supporters of every club in the league with the exception of Chelsea would agree with you.

I'd only be in favour of a big January signing(s) if they weren't expected to save our season

Someone like Alex Teixeira could do with a few months to adjust to the league, why not give him from January to the end of this season to do that

Same goes for anyone not from England

Press wouldnt give him time anyway. :pac:

He'd be hailed as the new attacking threat to fire in goals even though hes mainly a support player not a CF.

Shakthar just lost Fred to a doping ban so they probably want to keep Teixeria but theyve spoke before that we're interested so maybe theres some truth in the rumour, if it is to happen I'd like to get it done ASAP. The Ukrainian league is over at the moment anyway so he'd be fighting fit but playing an extra 4 or 5 months could knacker him out so he'd have to be eased into the team.

Lukker- wrote: »

I'm not sure he's the priority/answer unless we're actually going to lose Hazard. He's another #10 in a team of them. Would rather concentrate on other positions first.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    I'm not sure he's the priority/answer unless we're actually going to lose Hazard. He's another #10 in a team of them. Would rather concentrate on other positions first.

Sign all the #10's :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Poor and Poor. Would be very surprised and disappointed if he came.

Ramos done terrible at Spurs he took them over near the relegation zone and had an ok season, the following season he had them flirting with relegation until Redknapp came in after about 9 games.

So he'd be used to a relegation fight. :pac:

i was thinking that a move to bring steve clarke back as a coach might help , chelsea through and through and go on great with jose

i was thinking that a move to bring steve clarke back as a coach might help , chelsea through and through and go on great with jose

Think he was in charge of the defensive side of our play in his 1st stint too.

Looks like the current crop has complete forgot how to defend. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/677469083315527680
    Not sure Chelsea fans will like this but Juande Ramos' agent is in London talking to the club. He flew in today. Now what........?

zerks wrote: »

No hope of Jose beign sacked for Ramos. :pac:

Chelsea would have sacked him by now with a replacement being found at a later date and Steve Holland would have taken over 1st team affairs.

Ramos may end up at Swansea but not at Chelsea, not even as an interim manager, if he did I'd be truly shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No hope of Jose beign sacked for Ramos. :pac:

Chelsea would have sacked him by now with a replacement being found at a later date and Steve Holland would have taken over 1st team affairs.

Ramos may end up at Swansea but not at Chelsea, not even as an interim manager, if he did I'd be truly shocked.

Ramos is being touted as an interim manager until the end of the season,if Chelsea lose at the weekend that scenario would be more of a given than a possibility.

Would love to see him come back into the fold, not sure if it's what he would want though. Always got the impression he was well respected and had a lot of relationships around the club.

I reckon if Jose goes the club could do no wrong in giving the role to Steve Holland for the next few months.

I remember a few weeks ago saying we had a handy run of 4 games in Bournemouth, Leicester, Sunderland and Watford.

Was fully expecting 10 points from them games too. How wrong was I? :pac:

I reckon if Jose goes the club could do no wrong in giving the role to Steve Holland for the next few months.

Yeah that's the best shout for an interim coach I've heard if Jose does get the boot. Also could actually work in the transition to a new coach next year by staying around as an assistant too/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

hes gone lads :(

• Advertisement

****sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Just seen it on bbc sport

Well now we're f**ked lol

Nothing on the Chelsea website just yet but it seems to be reported by everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

go on the rodgers!!

Ha ha only joking please dont get me a ban : - (

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Nowt on the Chelsea web site

If Ramos is replacing Jose you can expect a much worse reaction to what Rafa ever faced.

Nowt on the Chelsea web site

Yet :o

Everyone seems to be breaking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Hiddink to babysit until the end of the season then pep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Woudlnt mind Hiddink again

We'll be stuck with Ramos while City or Utd get Guardiola?

:pac:

Good buy title chances for the foreseeable future.

If Ramos is replacing Jose you can expect a much worse reaction to what Rafa ever faced.

Nah the results will be worse but he wasn't with spurs long enough to be disliked imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I remember a few weeks ago saying we had a handy run of 4 games in Bournemouth, Leicester, Sunderland and Watford.

Was fully expecting 10 points from them games too. How wrong was I? :pac:

It's the same for everybody though.

I've given up setting targets as it is pretty pointless, literally!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

All I know is theres going to be a f**k load of those players get hostile reactions on Saturday, makes no sense to sack him middle of the week though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement