Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    Nah the results will be worse but he wasn't with spurs long enough to be disliked imo.

Its the fact hes replacing Jose, not that he worked with Spurs.

Anyone replacing Jose will be booed out the gate, the fans, the majority of them didnt want him gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ancelotti is the only man available fit for the job. Whether he would want to come back I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

He will be at OT by January 1

Johner wrote: »
    Ancelotti is the only man available fit for the job. Whether he would want to come back I'm not sure.

Hes the only one that would somewhat appease the fans, saying that, I've no interest in Ancelotti being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Honestly thought he'd survive until after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So Ramos is likely then ?

jesus

Well I think of all the stupid decisions the club has made this tops them all, one bad season, a season most were willing to write off once we came back strong next year and it looks like Jose is gone again.

Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Oh well.............

Seeing as the players have got what they wanted, there should be no reason why Chelsea shouldn't beat Sunderland at home by a cricket score! (No matter who is in charge on Saturday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yup, such a stupid decision. Unless they somehow buy Ancelotti's soul there's no way that anyone close to Mourinho's calibre will be brought in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Que the trickle of sob stories from our handsomely paid senior players about the boogie man Jose. Hope they are happy and also hope the next man turfs out hazard, Costa and fabregas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sacking Mourinho is a shocking decision.

Would have been better to sell half your team and bring in your young guns to finish off the season

Have to say more than a little surprised there has been no comment by the club, its either a fantastic wind up or a PR cock up.

If true cant see Holland getting the gig Gus would be my guess with a barrel of money thrown in the general direction of Pepe

Up on the web site now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Can’t believe he is gone :mad: Hope he doesn’t stay in the PL. Last thing I want is him going to a rival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Sacking Mourinho is a shocking decision.

Would have been better to sell half your team and bring in your young guns to finish off the season

As someone else mentioned here... its much cheaper to change the manager than the team...

And Chelsea still have a very talented squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

All I say is you made the mistake once already Roman , whether its a mistake again time will tell. man loved the club , seen it as his last team , loved by the fans , time will tell. Shame after the memories we have of him that it ends on a sour note again.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

As someone else mentioned here... its much cheaper to change the manager than the team...

And Chelsea still have a very talented squad.

Pity the so called talented squad didn't show some professionalism

Well one thing for sure its never boring supporting this club.

How simple do you have to be, to sack Jose TWICE!! F**k me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Soby wrote: »
    Woudlnt mind Hiddink again
    Hiddink to babysit until the end of the season then pep?

Telegraph going with Hiddink.

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »
    Pity the so called talented squad didn't show some professionalism

Indeed.... but they are primadonna millionaires... like everywhere else.

So the manager usually falls on his sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

a4ea474180d4d39ece8df40e9826310c.png

I really hope the next guy in the door is ready for the s**t storm hes going to face.

Barr wrote: »
    Can’t believe he is gone :mad: Hope he doesn’t stay in the PL. Last thing I want is him going to a rival

Would not be surprised in the least to see LVG walk the plank if things dont improve soon at OT (from a performance aspect at least) - that would be terrible to see him in the red of United because we all know what will happen then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

I'm not really surprised, only surprised that it didn't happen earlier and that it happened mid-week.

IMO JM was the architect of his own downfall - the doctor thing, his whingeing about everything that reached new heights this season, constant chastising of players, refusal to change tactics when it obviosuly wasnt working, playing players who weren't performing, and then that whole Monday night 'betrayal' interview and throwing them under the bus. always someone else's fault...

Soby wrote: »
    All I say is you made the mistake once already Roman , whether its a mistake again time will tell. man loved the club , seen it as his last team , loved by the fans , time will tell. Shame after the memories we have of him that it ends on a sour note again.

This sums it up, we had great success after Jose but he was always the one that got away, imagine pulling the trigger again on his sacking.

Its not even funny how stupid it is, the club werent going to get relegated and the season was write off, what was wrong wioth going into next year with a fresh start and challenge again?

I literally couldnt give a monkeys about the rest of the season as it stands and I wish and hope Jose all the success he deserves in the future, even if its at our expense.

I think Hiddink would be a good choice.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I really hope the next guy in the door is ready for the s**t storm hes going to face.

Hiddink is a good shout there anyway, been around the block enough times to deal with it and if he's only there for a few months they can't really get to pissed with him. The real question is who do we go for in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

He commited himself to us and we ****ed him off again. I'm gonna feel sick when he takes over at United and does what he does!!

Would not be surprised in the least to see LVG walk the plank if things dont improve soon at OT (from a performance aspect at least) - that would be terrible to see him in the red of United because we all know what will happen then.

If he does end up at Utd , then people would start to take them seriously again.

I reckon if he goes to any of the top teams he is nearly guaranteed to win them the league.

• Advertisement

If he does end up at Utd , then people would start to take them seriously again.

I reckon if he goes to any of the top teams he is nearly guaranteed to win them the league.

Definitely. Hopefully he goes back to Inter or something...

I'm hoping PSG but thats not a challenge at all, only in the UCL.

I'd nearly win PSG the French league I reckon.

If he turns up at City or Utd they'll dominate for a few years given the resources theyve got available. I genuinely thought Jose would be leading us out at the new stadium in 5 or 6 years but nope.

PSG has to be a good shout for his next stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

It's now established that you can go behind the manager's back at Chelsea and badmouth him to RA and the board, thereby hastening his sacking, or you can play like a cnut, get bad results and secure his sacking.

Either way, you've (a) let all prospective new managers know that they can't rely on the board to back them in disputes with players and (b) the players themselves know that they can act like awful little bollixes and it will get results.

The thing is, I'm not the world's biggest Jose fan, but this has been a clusterfcuk. Jose has done some really weird stuff this time round - a doctor shouldn't go onto the pitch when summoned by the referee - really? - but there's been something off from the start. He didn't get a hard-working team that gelled, was full of leaders and would die for each other and the team. He got talented players who coasted to the title last season and couldn't raise a gallop this season.

The new manager needs to come in, assert authority and lose the moaners. The board has made all that infinitely more difficult.

What galls me most is players who, whatever their beef with Mourinho, sleepwalked and shuffled around pitches in a blue shirt. As a fan, that's unforgivable. They should be tossed out at a speed that'd make their nose bleed.

Long term, I'd take Carlo, Pep or Guus. But I do mean long term. I'm tired of the pantomime.

I'm only hoping PSG so he doesnt end up in the opposite dugout in the EPL at Stamford Bridge.

He may like the idea of winning the league in another country but with Bayern coming available maybe, that would be a better prospect for European success but I cant imagine theyed want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No hope of Jose beign sacked for Ramos. :pac:

Chelsea would have sacked him by now with a replacement being found at a later date and Steve Holland would have taken over 1st team affairs.

Ramos may end up at Swansea but not at Chelsea, not even as an interim manager, if he did I'd be truly shocked.

Just said I'd quote this.
    ;):P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Good to see Mourinho and his toxic personality leave Chelsea. Hard to believe there are people bemoaning his sacking. The man has Chelsea one bad weekend above the relegation zone almost half way through the season. If Mourinho actually cared about the job then he could have dropped some underperforming players and gave younger players a chance. He chose not to do that. He chose to get the sack. Chelsea fans should be glad to see the back of him.

zerks wrote: »
    Just said I'd quote this.
    ;):P

Wait until we get Garry Monk and you'll be wrong about Ramos ;)

Good to see Mourinho and his toxic personality leave Chelsea. Hard to believe there are people bemoaning his sacking. The man has Chelsea one bad weekend above the relegation zone almost half way through the season. If Mourinho actually cared about the job then he could have dropped some underperforming players and gave younger players a chance. He chose not to do that. He chose to get the sack. Chelsea fans should be glad to see the back of him.

You do realise that any new manager is going to do the same thing and play the "stars"

Younger players, in this sitaution arent going to get a go.

What might happen is does eejits who werent bursting their balls for the shirt might start playing a bit now, we might finish 12th this year and have a decent FA cup and we'll be back to square 1 in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sacked on the same day as when Pep says he's going to make an announcement on his future, coincidence??

Does anyone know if he gets another job , then Chelsea save on the payout.

Like the time Spurs saved us a shed load when AVB took over there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Don't worry lads, August 2022, Mourinho's 3rd stint ...

The Extremely Happy Special One !!

:cool:

duploelabs wrote: »
    Sacked on the same day as when Pep says he's going to make an announcement on his future, coincidence??

If Pep has any sense he'll stay well clear of this chalice, he'll end up at City or Arsenal IMO.
    Does anyone know if he gets another job , then Chelsea save on the payout.

Like the time Spurs saved us a shed load when AVB took over there :pac:

Ya but we paid Di MAtteos 80-90k for nearly 18months after we sacked him to stop him working in Eng;land, I wonder will Jose get a similar deal to stop him rocking up in Manchester? TBH, hes going to be fuming with the player, the board and himself but he'll want to put one over Roman and us I reckon very soon.
    Don't worry lads, August 2022, Mourinho's 3rd stint ...

The Extremely Happy Special One !!

:cool:

I like it :pac:

Puts it in the claendar.

duploelabs wrote: »

Please don't let it be Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

You do realise that any new manager is going to do the same thing and play the "stars"

Younger players, in this sitaution arent going to get a go.

What might happen is does eejits who werent bursting their balls for the shirt might start playing a bit now, we might finish 12th this year and have a decent FA cup and we'll be back to square 1 in the summer.

We know Mourinho didn't have what it took to turn things around. At least the board are willing to do something to turn things around unlike Chelsea's former manager.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming Steve Holland will be in charge on Saturday?

Be some scenes if we lose to Sunderland.

If Pep has any sense he'll stay well clear of this chalice, he'll end up at City or Arsenal IMO.

Ya but we paid Di MAtteos 80-90k for nearly 18months after we sacked him to stop him working in Eng;land, I wonder will Jose get a similar deal to stop him rocking up in Manchester? TBH, hes going to be fuming with the player, the board and himself but he'll want to put one over Roman and us I reckon very soon.

I like it :pac:

Puts it in the claendar.

Wouldn't surprise me to see mourinho not take that. No need for the cash really.

We can all sleep easy anyway, we've no Rafa to come in this time around.

hots wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me to see mourinho not take that. No need for the cash really.

True, theres also no need for the mega pay off hes going to get but it is what it is. :o

Now as long as he doesnt end up in Manchester I'll be somewhat happy.

Be funnier if he took over Arsenal though and won a title with them :pac:

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    We can all sleep easy anyway, we've no Rafa to come in this time around.

U certain Gav?

You know what Madrid are like

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement