Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think we will go all out for Simone in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    U certain Gav?

You know what Madrid are like

Well, not as an interim anyway. :o

Be some scenes if he did replace Jose long term though, we may need to set those plastic flags on fire. :o

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well, not as an interim anyway. :o

Be some scenes if he did replace Jose long term though, we may need to set those plastic flags on fire. :o

Why so much hate?

I thought he did a good job for you as interim.

Johner wrote: »

Hes widely regarded as a possible candidate but his lack of English seems to be the stumbling block.

I'd imagine Chelsea have in the background asked around for coaches that might be interested through their agents, sound out a candidate.

Being honest, I just want the season over, I didnt think it could get much worse but its really hit rock bottom now today with this news.

Its not all that shocking given the results and performances but I washoping he'd see out the season.

Why so much hate?

I thought he did a good job for you as interim.

I'd say he performed ok.

Lost a league cup semi final to Swansea, the club WC , a semi final of the FA cup and didnt improve our league position, in fact he made it worse for awhile.

Won us the Europa League which completed the European set for us which was a plus but it was a stop gap for both parties.

I never hated Rafa but I never wanted him in charge either. The club will have to appoint someone like Hiddink short term or give it to Steve Holland and go all out for a new manager in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Disaster, that guy can't speak English and he'll never learn ..

At least my post count is going to increase from moaning and bitching for the next few weeks. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At least my post count is going to increase from moaning and bitching for the next few weeks. :pac:

don't knock it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

U certain Gav?

You know what Madrid are like

For the love of God please not even in jest

don't knock it!!! :D

The worst part is over anyway, hes gone, whats going to be very hard to take is if he rocks up at another EPL club in the future, which is quiet likely IMO.
    For the love of God please not even in jest

He better be, or hes getting banned. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

And it was looking lime we'd turned a corner and parked the chopping block :(
    At least the only thing that can make the season worse us relegation, extremely disappointed to see him booted again.

Killinator wrote: »
    And it was looking lime we'd turned a corner and parked the chopping block :(
    At least the only thing that can make the season worse us relegation, extremely disappointed to see him booted again.

Relegation would be brilliant from this point forward. :o

I think sacking him this time was much worse than the first time as theres no hope in hell he'll be back.

We've just got rid of a guy that genuinely loved the club and had so much passion for the job.

I only hope that whoever comes in long terms culls those idiots in the dressing room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The worst part is over anyway, hes gone, whats going to be very hard to take is if he rocks up at another EPL club in the future, which is quiet likely IMO.

He better be, or hes getting banned. :pac:

What big team in England would take him? He can't build a team, which is what city are looking for. He's too toxic for United, Arsenal aren't gonna go for him.

Same in Spain. Barca aren't gonna touch him, Madrisistas hate him. Atletico maybe? But they don't have the chequebook he needs.

Bayern have said that he'll never manage them as far as I can remember. That leaves Paris or a club below the top level.

Have to say absolutely gutted I hope those primadonna 's are proud of themselves. For me they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves some of them I would hope never pull on a Chelsea shirt again starting with Costa sick of him to be honest.
    At a hotel near Duberlin airport as I have a stupid o clock flight on the morning I just hope she who must be obeyed can wake me from my drunken stupor pints have to be taken.

I have never been ashamed of Chelsea players even when we were total muck in the late 70's but this crowd ....... I will stop before I am banned

What big team in England would take him? He can't build a team, which is what city are looking for. He's too toxic for United, Arsenal aren't gonna go for him.

Same in Spain. Barca aren't gonna touch him, Madrisistas hate him. Atletico maybe? But they don't have the chequebook he needs.

Bayern have said that he'll never manage them as far as I can remember. That leaves Paris or a club below the top level.

RM have been making the glad eyes and in fairness his record is slightly better than most

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

It was looking like things were going the same way as with Real Madrid 3 years ago. JM was scrapping with anyone and everyone, the guy was fighting on all fronts and always pointing the blame at someone else. I think some players just got a pain in the arse with the circus and lost any respect they had for JM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sam wallace reporting that the guus will be taking over until the end of the season. anyone know how reliable he is?

have to say I'm disappointed Jose was sacked but at the same time I do think the eva situation contributed to him losing the dressing room.

It will be very interesting to see how players respond to a new manager if the rumors are true that players have been playing bad intentionally bad to try and get Jose the boot.

Are we see a dramatic upturn in performances and results? I don't think so.

I feel hazard may be getting a bit grumpy at chelsea not giving him free reign ala ronaldo at madrid. Maybe that was mourinho's style impacting him but I think its his time to show us what he's got in his locker as I think he's actually overrated by the media. I still think he's chelsea best player when on form and whoever we get in for the permanent position needs to utilize him as best they can.

SAm Wallace writes for the Times I think.

I'd much prefer Guus then Ramos anyway.

Its going to be very inter4sting to see the fans reactions on Saturday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well the best we can expect is a new-manager bounce, i'd be worried for the rest

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well the best we can expect is a new-manager bounce, i'd be worried for the rest

It would be some statement alright if the players found their form and trashed Sunderland.

I highly doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

They'll play for Hiddink and end up top 4 and could even be dark horses for the CL. Only surprise in Mourinho's departure was how long he was allowed to remain on this season.

It would be some statement alright if the players found their form and trashed Sunderland.

I highly doubt it though.

I think Allardyce and Sunderland would've preferred if the Jose saga has dragged on for another week at least. Chelsea will likely win this weekend.

SAm Wallace writes for the Times I think.

I'd much prefer Guus then Ramos anyway.

Its going to be very inter4sting to see the fans reactions on Saturday though.

Have a huge amount of time for Gus but should not be having this conversation. I really hope most of those back stabbing players who have no respect for the club fans and by association themselves are thrown out in January

TheCitizen wrote: »
    They'll play for Hiddink and end up top 4 and could even be dark horses for the CL. Only surprise in Mourinho's departure was how long he was allowed to remain on this season.

I really hope we don't make top 4 THere are so many of those players I never want to see in a Chelsea shirt again. Christ this is worse than the late 70's least they tried

We've no hope of top 4. We might finish 8th or up but theres no hope of top 4.

I'm so confident that if we finish top 4 this year from here, I'll resign as a soccer mod if it happens, no chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I'm so confident that if we finish top 4 this year from here, I'll resign as a soccer mod if it happens, no chance.

You would need close to 2.5 ppg to get top 4.
    Absolutely no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Guardiola is terrific.....always comes in when the team line up is stellar and there is loads of money to spend.....eh, he's no experience of a relegation dog fight....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Lads I am sickened, as a long term chelsea fan(pre abramovich) I have to say this is the most odious group of players i have seen and they effectively got José the sack. Hazard, matic, fabregas,Oscar , Costa are all guilty and i dont ever want to see these players in a chelsea shirt again. Willian is a player i have great time for as he would bleed for the club and rambo even though he lacks quality has been bursting his balls as well. I couldnt really give a **** about the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How is that a fair bet? You hardly enjoy modding this forum? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Why would Simeone leave Atleti go to a club with a, dareisay, less than stellar record of sticking by managers?

He's a godlike figure at Atleti, is currently in the running to win La Liga and they are still in the Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What's done is done with José. He's gone. But there's a whole lot needs sorting out in the dressing room. I grew up watching Chelsea players who wouldn't possess a fraction of the talent of the current players, but they rarely went MIA. The likes of Mickey Droy wouldn't get to mow the pitch these days, but he busted his guts and nuts for the team.

How is a prospective manager supposed to sort out the types who care more about vendettas than their team? The players already know how to manoeuvre even legendary managers out of a job. How can he get rid of them? When was the last time a Chelsea player was unwillingly placed on a transfer list?

More to the point, why would a world-class manager come to a club where the transfer policy is out of his hands and the board is swayed by the players? Don't be surprised if we end up with another Rafa - or even an Alan Pardew - because the Simeones, Guardiolas and Ancelottis of the soccer universe don't want to be treated as dull functionaries with no control over affairs.

I really hope we don't make top 4 THere are so many of those players I never want to see in a Chelsea shirt again. Christ this is worse than the late 70's least they tried

Those players played for him last season and won the league, but when Chelsea didn't add significantly to the squad he took the hump and it culminated in the incident with the Doctor. I'm not a Chelsea fan, from an outsiders view I think Mourinho let his staff and the players down earlier this season and it's a case of what goes around comes around.

Seems like Chelsea fans are angry with the players for getting Jose sacked, that will pass, especially if they start playing well and winning games.

Hiddink would be the best bet for a more conciliatory, arm around the shoulders approach. Rebuild trust with the players. Re-establish a team ethos.

And then fcuk out all the whiny slackers at the end of the season. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lads I am sickened, as a long term chelsea fan(pre abramovich) I have to say this is the most odious group of players i have seen and they effectively got José the sack. Hazard, matic, fabregas,Oscar , Costa are all guilty and i dont ever want to see these players in a chelsea shirt again. Willian is a player i have great time for as he would bleed for the club and rambo even though he lacks quality has been bursting his balls as well. I couldnt really give a **** about the rest of the season.
    I'd go along with a lot of this.

Mou isn't perfect, but he knows what it takes to win at the top level. The club didn't provide adequate support over the summer, and the team was weakened when it was clear that Cesc had shot his last bolt and that Costa was a gun for hire for as long as he was interested (not long in the end). In that light, maybe Mou's biggest failing was in overrelying on those less willing to play for him, and for not playing the younger players more. After going backwards, even during the second half of last season, the wheels really came off the minute the EPL started this season. What a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Sacked on the same day as when Pep says he's going to make an announcement on his future, coincidence??
    Don't think so. I doubt Guardiola would commit to club that's unlikely to be in the UCL next year.

The Guardian is talking as though Hiddink in a caretaker capacity for the rest of the season is pretty much a done deal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/chelsea-sack-jose-mourinho

I wouldn't mind Guus getting a longer run at it; a short-term contract is only going to make the prima donnas feel that they have even less reason to listen to their manager. And for some reason, I think Guus would do well at Chelsea over a longer time frame. I think he'd be a good fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

There's a lot of fingers being pointed at the players that have developed bad attitudes and none of the blame is being given to the man that caused those attitudes. Absolutely ridiculous stuff.

Incredible to see that people don't realise that the antics that caused so many people outside of Chelsea to hate Mourinho and Chelsea is probably why the players haven't been performing this season.

If you went to work in the morning and you had a new manager that demanded performance and worked you to the bone then you'd probably perform out of your skin for a while. But eventually you'd get fed up of that treatment. You'd also get fed up of that manager making comments that made people hate the company you work for and make them hate you as well. You'd probably get so fed up that you'd want to see your manager fired and you'd stop working so hard. That's what has happened at Chelsea.

Mourinho was a poison to the club and we should be glad to see the back of him.

Those players played for him last season and won the league, but when Chelsea didn't add significantly to the squad he took the hump and it culminated in the incident with the Doctor. I'm not a Chelsea fan, from an outsiders view I think Mourinho let his staff and the players down earlier this season and it's a case of what goes around comes around.

Seems like Chelsea fans are angry with the players for getting Jose sacked, that will pass, especially if they start playing well and winning games.

I have been a Chelsea supporter man and boy over 40 years and no this will not pass. Jose God knows is not perfect but he is one of us which is more than that bunch of wasters will ever be.
    I hope he goes back to Inter his second love, his time here is done sadly but contrary to,popular belief hereabouts we are a loyal bunch and he will be missed.

How is this guy who knows bugger all about bugger all making decisions about the best manager we have ever had

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/news/emenalo-hints-at-chelsea-player-revolt_262323.html#$$nzir6k&&ps7b6qT7EeWDqgprOItCHQ$$

This is the same guy who helped mess up our summer transfer window and walks away smelling of roses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

What a relief - we can move on now. Anyone thinking this is a bad thing has their priorities wrong. It's a results business and I hate to say it but the players are far more important than any manager ever will be on this modern era - long term is 3/4 years and rightly so. No matter who the playing staff are or manager is I'll be cheering on the team. I support the club not any particular manager/player. Jose can f*ok right off now as far as I am concerned. Thanks for the memories Jose. Clubs these days set up to replace the moving parts - Any moving part - seamlessly.

This squad won the league last season and are now 1 pt from the relegation spots - completely unacceptable. As someone mentioned before Jose threw the players under the bus after Monday's result to save his reputation. Whatever the case he is responsible for this state of affairs so he must pay.

He was a bad egg at the club and I'm delighted he's gone - don't get me wrong I liked winning football no matter what the style but after 16 games of this particular brand of losing style he became a tad pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Have s feeling Jose will turn up at United next season. It would be a great fit for them I feel and the man who would almost guarantee them the league. That leaves us and city to scrap it out over pep. City have the budget and the champions league football next season but I feel we have a chance if pep is truly interested in a "project".
    We need a manager for the long term who will include the likes of Kennedy, rlc and traore in the first team plans whilst weeding out the likes of Costa, Oscar, fab etc. Gus for the rest of the season, then pep or an appointment from left field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Garzorico wrote: »
    What a relief - we can move on now. Anyone thinking this is a bad thing has their priorities wrong. It's a results business and I hate to say it but the players are far more important than any manager ever will be on this modern era - long term is 3/4 years and rightly so. No matter who the playing staff are or manager is I'll be cheering on the team. I support the club not any particular manager/player. Jose can f*ok right off now as far as I am concerned. Thanks for the memories Jose. Clubs these days set up to replace the moving parts - Any moving part - seamlessly.

This squad won the league last season and are now 1 pt from the relegation spots - completely unacceptable. As someone mentioned before Jose threw the players under the bus after Monday's result to save his reputation. Whatever the case he is responsible for this state of affairs so he must pay.

He was a bad egg at the club and I'm delighted he's gone - don't get me wrong I liked winning football no matter what the style but after 16 games of this particular brand of losing style he became a tad pointless.
    OK, so what happens when the players get fed up of the next manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not too keen on Guus, he's done f*ck all since he left us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Not too keen on Guus, he's done f*ck all since he left us

But he is a safe and authoritive pair of hands until the end of the season which is what's needed. His record with us last time out wasn't too shabby either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

cadaliac wrote: »
    OK, so what happens when the players get fed up of the next manager?

Turf him out. Winning/manager players = happy players/manager.

It's the managers job to keep the players on side end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Disgusted. Obviously the writing was on the wall all season but for it to actually come to this is sickening.

And now Dunphy's getting in on the act with dark mutterings about behind-the-scenes shenanigans and "relationships".
    ...according to the outspoken pundit, there were unseen components behind Mourinho’s second exit from the club since 2007, which had very little to with football.

“There’s one other factor in this; my understanding from my sources is that there’s much more to this than meets the eye. It regards the behaviour of certain people at the club, their personal behaviour and his reaction to it - players, yeah.

“People are already talking about it privately but they’re not saying anything publicly because it’s deeply libellous. We’re talking about relationships, and I think he’s had a shock. And when he talks about betrayal, I think it’s things that happened off the pitch. Whether the truth comes out, who knows - it will eventually. I know what the story is; it's a lurid and colourful story," he said.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/its-a-lurid-and-colourful-story-eamon-dunphy-on-jose-mourinho-sacking-34297135.html

I know ye guys have a lot more to be worried about but did ye see Romans big ass helicopter landed on the pitch after the match on monday. When Jamie and Lampard were talking it was in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,647 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Pep favourite to get the job full time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement