Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

As a United fan I'm quite disappointed to see Mourinho go because I've really been enjoying what he's done to Chelsea this season and a change in management might actually make them good again.

At the same time it was obvious he had to go. There was clearly something very wrong for players of that caliber to perform so poorly week in week out. The old impression I had of a Mourinho Chelsea team being a tough, ruthless and quite boring nut to crack was replaced by a impression of players no longer playing with the same hunger and passion and togetherness to that point that teams beating them or even drawing with them - which may once have been considered an upset - was now something that I was fully expecting to happen. I stopped considering Chelsea draws as 2 points dropped and instead considered it one point gained which is quite indicative of how far the club has fallen this season.

Ignoring the results on the field, off the field I think Mourinho as a person is utterly detestable. I think he is a major reason as to why Chelsea is so disliked by many, along with John Terry of course. The sooner those too leave the club the better I think. I would think if I'm getting such a negative impression of Mourinho purely through interviews and reading about stuff he has done/said then the players that work with him every day may have even more of a reason to dislike him and thus not want to play for him. Maybe as Chelsea fans you don't see Mourinho as negatively as others do because he wins trophies. As a United fan however, he's probably the only manager of United's rivals that I actually dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I think Mourinho as a person is utterly detestable. I think he is a major reason as to why Chelsea is so disliked by many, along with John Terry of course. The sooner those too leave the club the better I think..

Jose disliked, whatever but terry disliked confuses me. Why isn't giggs similarly disliked? He did shag his brothers wife but is held in saintly regard. Good vs bad pr is the difference. Also, we are mainly disliked because we've upset the romantic narrative between pool and United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I find it hard to blame the players here. Jose's behaviour is not professional. If the player were really such a problem then the solution was obvious, bench them. Yet he continued to play Ivanovic, game after game, after game, after even more awful games, after game, after even more games still! Cesc, should have been dropped back in November. Matic needed a rotation partner as he was burned out. That was the moment to promote from within. The failures Chelsea have experienced so far were mostly down to Jose. Yes, the players didn't do their full diligence but ultimately when all the staff in a department are underperforming and demoralised it's the manager you look at. Simply put, he'd lost the plot. I find it really hard to believe that players didn't play whatever system he asked them to play it. He likely knew he was gone, was trying to save face and advertise his resume. Soccer, any team sport, falls asunder if people don't stick to a plan. Any plan is better than no plan at all. Nobody likes to lose, regardless of how sht your coach is. I'd say it was more confusion and burnout that caused the severe loss of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jose disliked, whatever but terry disliked confuses me. Why isn't giggs similarly disliked? He did shag his brothers wife but is held in saintly regard. Good vs bad pr is the difference. Also, we are mainly disliked because we've upset the romantic narrative between pool and United

Nobody gives a fig about infidelity. Racism on the other hand. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

All sorts of speculation going around. I'd love to know what's going on. Jose must be having a breakdown or something

Jose comes 'home'
    Jose wins league
    Signs Falcao/papy/hector
    Bad preseason/start to season
    Jose signs 4 yr deal
    Results/performances continue to be brutal
    Jose unable to halt the slide in league
    We top our champions league group
    Jose attempts to save his rep after the defeat at Leciester by blaming players for result
    Jose given the heave ho

My money's on he was on an ego trip (thinks he's bigger than the club) that went horribly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theres clearly players who backed him and theres players who were against him, be interesting to see for the rest of the season how the 2 groups exist at Stamford Bridge as if I was someone like JT I'd probably be blaming myself for playing poorly but backing the manager but ultimately looking around the dressing room and blaming those against Jose.

Its not going to help the team one bit.

I said it earlier in the month the only reason this season could get any worse is if we sack Jose, well thats done, now lets see where we end up, because I'm thinking long term, we'll be much worse off for sacking him.

Giggs never called anyone a "f*cking black c*nt", let alone a fellow professional and English man. The brother of his international teammate, a man who he regularly played alongside at centre half.

Ye are disliked for a lot more reasons than upsetting the Pool/United narrative. Whatever that means.

Giggs never called anyone a "f*cking black c*nt", let alone a fellow professional and English man. The brother of his international teammate, a man who he regularly played alongside at centre half.

Ye are disliked for a lot more reasons than upsetting the Pool/United narrative. Whatever that means.

Alleged to have said that, I'm going to take that when a court of law said he was not guilty of any offence that he was innocent.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Alleged to have said that, I'm going to take that when a court of law said he was not guilty of any offence that he was innocent.

Of course, which is partly why Chelsea is so disliked. So Ferdinand is a liar then?

He isn't alleged to have said it, he did say it. He didn't deny saying it, but argued that it wasn't in an offensive context. That was why he was found innocent. The FA still found him guilty. Presumably you believe Suarez was innocent in his racism scandal too?

Of course, which is partly why Chelsea is so disliked. So Ferdinand is a liar then?

He isn't alleged to have said it, he did say it. He didn't deny saying it, but argued that it wasn't in an offensive context. That was why he was found innocent. The FA still found him guilty. Presumably you believe Suarez was innocent in his racism scandal too?

Never said Ferdinand was a liar, however, given JT went to court and was found innocent I'll take that as proof that he didnt say it.

Where would we be without the judgement of our peers?

Terrys defence was that he was repeating what, Ferdinand taught he heard JT called him, which was a black c.....
    "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term."

Case closed.....well from a civil point of view, the Fa however dont really adhere to any rules so found an innocent man, by a court of law, guilty

• Advertisement

Never said Ferdinand was a liar, however, given JT went to court and was found innocent I'll take that as proof that he didnt say it.

Terrys defence was that he was repeating what, Ferdinand taught he heard JT called him, which was a black c.....

Case closed.....well from a civil point of view, the Fa however dont really adhere to any rules so found an innocent man, by a court of law, guilty

"I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term."

He would say that though wouldn't he. I doubt you'd be as forgiving if it was a United or Tottenham player claiming that defense. You never answered my question as to whether you consider Suarez innocent of racist slurs also?

Regardless of the racism scandal, Terry, along with Mourinho isn't a very well liked man outside of Chelsea and as I said above, the quicker those two leave, the better it will be for your club's image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That article by Jonathan Wilson posted in the other thread was interesting,

Basically after 4 pts from 4 games, the doctor thing was an attempt to exert control/authority at the club. A calculated attempt and a massive misstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sources at club say Jose turned down €50 million serverance.

He went back and finished training after being sacked and left Cobham in tears.

Also that Emenalo interview really irks me, he's a major reason why Jose was in this situation.

Stan Collymore was on talksport and was saying the vast vast majority of the squad had no problem with Mourinho, they had more of a problem with Costa and wanted him dropped sooner. They said they came into the new season and there cardio was poor, Jose thought he could develop it over the season and that was his biggest failing. He said the Eva thing wasn't actually that big a deal, majority of players just had a professional working relationship with her. I think it was a season where nothing clicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hiddink is coming back,Australian FA have given game away but imagine official confirmation tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Saddened by tthe news.
    He should have been backed to the hilt. These superstars had better show up from now on, or the board will look like right tits.
    Wish Jose had taken more faith in the young lads and dumped the superstars to the bench ta took for the past few games. Id happily have watched youth losing busing a gut over superstars sauntering around the place.
    Over to you, Gus. You did a job last time out, let's see what you can do with this lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Panthro wrote: »
    Saddened by tthe news.
    He should have been backed to the hilt. These superstars had better show up from now on, or the board will look like right tits.
    Wish Jose had taken more faith in the young lads and dumped the superstars to the bench ta took for the past few games. Id happily have watched youth losing busing a gut over superstars sauntering around the place.
    Over to you, Gus. You did a job last time out, let's see what you can do with this lot.

Sums up my feelings. He should have taken backing last time as a warning shot and installed youth in the team (even if our best product on loan) instead of persisting to have faith in some players who were to knife him again.

Heading to the game on Saturday should be interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what are the odds on hazard first goal scorer tomorrow?

is there going to be a press conf today? is going to be like an episode of blind date

peteeeed wrote: »
    what are the odds on hazard first goal scorer tomorrow?

is there going to be a press conf today? is going to be like an episode of blind date

Press conference was cancelled, was announced when they sacked Jose.

Morw than likely that the next press conference will be to announce Guus.

On Hazard, no idea but I fully expect the home support to really go to town on some players when theyve got the ball. It would be mad if we went out and actually beat a team playing football tomorrow.

Hazard is 9/2 on PP to score first, in other words, if you put down €10 on him, you'll lose your €10. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Press conference was cancelled, was announced when they sacked Jose.

Morw than likely that the next press conference will be to announce Guus.

On Hazard, no idea but I fully expect the home support to really go to town on some players when theyve got the ball. It would be mad if we went out and actually beat a team playing football tomorrow.

I assume the fans will be chanting Mourihnos name tomorrow but which, if any players will get grief from the fans do you think?

ronjo wrote: »
    I assume the fans will be chanting Mourihnos name tomorrow but which, if any players will get grief from the fans do you think?

Joses name sung to the rafters is a given.

I've no idea who'll get booed, but if I was guesing, it would be Hazard, his antics at Leicester were pretty poor, especially considering hes been training since his "injury" and the fans will pick up on this, not that its his fault entirely Jose ios gone but hes been our biggest disappointment in this woeful season, followed closely by Oscar IMO.

Cesc, Costa might come in for stick too, its the matchday fans and travelling away fans who never once back down for their support for Jose even when the results and performances were ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Ferdinand has previous for lying allegedly... For which he received a substantial ban.
    And surely shagging your brother's wife for years is far worse than calling anyone anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    Also that Emenalo interview really irks me, he's a major reason why Jose was in this situation.

Stan Collymore was on talksport and was saying the vast vast majority of the squad had no problem with Mourinho, they had more of a problem with Costa and wanted him dropped sooner. They said they came into the new season and there cardio was poor, Jose thought he could develop it over the season and that was his biggest failing. He said the Eva thing wasn't actually that big a deal, majority of players just had a professional working relationship with her. I think it was a season where nothing clicked.

Collymore is the last person I'd be paying attention to, he's got plenty of form for spoofing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

A court cannot prove someone "innocent". So you are 100% wrong in that regard. A court has to find someone guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Unfortunately there was no full video evidence because someone stepped across the camera at the start of the incident if I remember.

Not guilty does not equal innocent. It just means that they didn't have enough evidence of it. Going on his character, something a judge cannot do, it's fairly
    obvious that he did say it. He's an odious man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ferdinand has previous for lying allegedly... For which he received a substantial ban.
    And surely shagging your brother's wife for years is far worse than calling anyone anything?

What was Anton Ferdinand banned for??

What was Anton Ferdinand banned for??

I thought that it was Rio giving it large about this - on his brother's behalf.
    Anton was actually quite dignified if my memory serves me well.

Anton never came out and said anything, the apparent story was that JT and Anton chatted about it and it was all sorted.

Rio, who was also racist towards Ashley Cole isnt exactly holier than thou.

A court cannot prove someone "innocent". So you are 100% wrong in that regard. A court has to find someone guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Unfortunately there was no full video evidence because someone stepped across the camera at the start of the incident if I remember.

Not guilty does not equal innocent. It just means that they didn't have enough evidence of it. Going on his character, something a judge cannot do, it's fairly
    obvious that he did say it. He's an odious man.

So if I'm not guilty of a crime, I am therefore __________

• Advertisement

Jammy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

To the pretend outrage brigade the law of the land is secondary. I always thought a person is innocent until proven guilty therefore it is guilt which has to be proved. That is sort of what Western society is based upon but obviously does not fit the agenda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Curious , the last time Hiddink stepped in for Chelsea, who was he replacing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I've no idea who'll get booed, but if I was guesing, it would be Hazard, his antics at Leicester were pretty poor, especially considering hes been training since his "injury" and the fans will pick up on this, not that its his fault entirely Jose ios gone but hes been our biggest disappointment in this woeful season, followed closely by Oscar IMO.

Cesc, Costa might come in for stick too, its the matchday fans and travelling away fans who never once back down for their support for Jose even when the results and performances were ****e.

I've been over to a few games this season and one thing that gets on my tits is the moronic chanting of "Diego" "Diego". All I have seen him doing is confronting the opposition and complaining to the referees and linesman.
    :mad:

Think big Phil RDM was AVB and the interim one was RDM

scolari

• Advertisement

He replaced Scolari and won an FA cup.

He was in charge of Holland after LVGs 2014 WC campaign and he was a woeful, well, Holland were woeful too.

Not exactly filling me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Can I say that LVG is a wonderful manager.
    You have a real gem there and he adds considerably to the affection that all us non-United fans have for the club.
    Do whatever you can to hold on to him for as long as possible.
    As a United fan I'm quite disappointed to see Mourinho go because I've really been enjoying what he's done to Chelsea this season and a change in management might actually make them good again.

At the same time it was obvious he had to go. There was clearly something very wrong for players of that caliber to perform so poorly week in week out. The old impression I had of a Mourinho Chelsea team being a tough, ruthless and quite boring nut to crack was replaced by a impression of players no longer playing with the same hunger and passion and togetherness to that point that teams beating them or even drawing with them - which may once have been considered an upset - was now something that I was fully expecting to happen. I stopped considering Chelsea draws as 2 points dropped and instead considered it one point gained which is quite indicative of how far the club has fallen this season.

Ignoring the results on the field, off the field I think Mourinho as a person is utterly detestable. I think he is a major reason as to why Chelsea is so disliked by many, along with John Terry of course. The sooner those too leave the club the better I think. I would think if I'm getting such a negative impression of Mourinho purely through interviews and reading about stuff he has done/said then the players that work with him every day may have even more of a reason to dislike him and thus not want to play for him. Maybe as Chelsea fans you don't see Mourinho as negatively as others do because he wins trophies. As a United fan however, he's probably the only manager of United's rivals that I actually dislike.

He was in charge of Holland after LVGs 2014 WC campaign and he was a woeful, well, Holland were woeful too.

In fairness to Gus he was also cheated out of a CL semi final to which even the ref now accepts he made a lot of mistakes. Mistakes my left one deliberate mistakes in my mind.

In fairness to Gus he was also cheated out of a CL semi final to which even the ref now accepts he made a lot of mistakes. Mistakes my left one deliberate mistakes in my mind.

Oh ya, that was great craic, took Iniesta to score a rocket from Barcas only shot on target to win the game.

There was also many penalties not given and many 2nd yellows not handed out, great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

He also should have guided us to the CL 2009 final, and I'm sure we would have beaten United in that final.

all for the biggest disgrace in football history, anyway, Hiddink is the best bet for an interim manager.

• Advertisement

those airport paps are busy

CWgM3xkXAAEXLrk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Think big Phil RDM was AVB and the interim one was RDM

Ahhh.... Big Phil, now there was a manager that deserved to be fired.

He also should have guided us to the CL 2009 final, and I'm sure we would have beaten United in that final.

all for the biggest disgrace in football history, anyway, Hiddink is the best bet for an interim manager.

I remember at the time , there was lots of talk that JT and Lamps were really managing the team , picking the players etc.

Hiddink was only a frontman.

How things have changed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Thats a problem right there....what would these fans do in Romans/the Boards place? Risk the clubs EPL status because they love the manager who is managing us into relegation? The team should be supported to the hilt tomorrow as per usual. Jose is history, gone, kaput, no more. I hope each and every player goes out and plays a stormer tomorrow and we win every game from here til the end of the season thereafter - if that happens then we'll know Jose was the problem.

There will be some serious "palpable discord" here if they don't win tomorrow .... sorry couldn't resist.

new manager ?

CWg2FM0WUAIJcBC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

No - Just the team being sacked now.
    We're buying the Leicester starting 11 apparently.

peteeeed wrote: »
    new manager ?

CWg2FM0WUAIJcBC.jpg

Simple formula is :

Spend money = success

What I dont like or dont even want to think about is that we're going to spend a shed load in the summer, well I expect too anyway, to bring the squad to a level where it should be.

Now, we're going to be paying off Jose a small fortune, meant to be 2 years wages, or about 22-24m so thats gone from the kitty.

Yet, we're going to be backing the new manager in the summer and Pep said we need 10 players, I used the word said, its probably a load of bo**ocks. 10 players of quality is the guts of 200-300m.

What was wrong with keeping Jose and letting him spend that money and cull the 1 or 2 who were acting up? Just doesnt make sense to me.

Pep is most likely trying to leverage the club to get more money from City. He can f*ck off to City with that attitude.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Pep is most likely trying to leverage the club to get more money from City. He can f*ck off to City with that attitude.

Anyone taking up the club will be looking for mad money to spend anyone.

Theres the bones of about 12 good players at the club but we need more quality, not quantity.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement